New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside VIII: A New Side

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Riverside Hospital

"I'm making notes about a case I'm working on. Fledgling Force User wants to get rid of her powers."
    He tells her. Cin doesn't worry about doctor/patient confidentiality as he's not a doctor. Well, technically he is, just not a medical one. "And what kind of help are you looking for?"
    Riverside Hospital

"How interesting. Tell me, if you wanted someone to survive a delicate procedure involving forced cranial intrusion, how would you go about keeping them stable?" He seems to be an expert, and on top of that a morally ambiguous one, so any knowledge she can wring out of his mind would only aid her efforts now that she has proper test subjects lined up.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Alleyway

The Skin-Stealer Vampire turns into a grotesque worm-like monstrosity with lots of short, humanoid arms down its length, each ending in a tiny hand. Her head is largely unchanged, maybe slightly smaller, though she dives for the drain and starts squeezing through it to make her escape. She's not gone yet, though.

Centre of Inside

A gnome approaches one of the people handing out leaflets. They have brown hair and blue eyes. They're also riding a basket-like chair strapped to the back of an ogre; a great, orange-skinned brute with white irises, wiry black hair growing predominantly from his ears and large, yellowing tusks. The ogre is wearing, in addition to the chair, a clean tunic made of good quality linen. "Excuse me, down there. What's the leaflet for?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Hospital

Cin is a bit surprised by the question, but takes a moment to think about his answer. Instead, he has to clarify something first. "Force as in applying force, or force as in against the patient's will?" He asks.

4. - Top - End - #154

Riverside Hospital

Shayan's smile manages to be mostly innocent while holding a hint of dark threats to the cautious eye.

"Perhaps a bit of both. You can never truly tell how the day will go." Then she blinks, fog descending back over her eyes, and she laughs a bit awkwardly.

"Don't mind me, just a bit of gallows humor. No, I'm talking about recreating an experiment through trial and error, without access to the original notes. It was only partially successful the first time, but I'm hoping to achieve a complete success on at least one volunteer. To do that, I need them to survive, which is proving troublesome."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"And that concludes your tour." Celestel finally says as they are back in the room Dacio climbed up in. "Do you have any more questions now that we are at the end? Don't be afraid to ask, I'm here to help after all. It can be about me or any of the inhabitants here, not only the castle itself."

Exbourne Manor

"Good work, nice speech there." Astrana congratulates the girl. "Need any help settling in? I could probably set up some sort of minor charm if you like." She asks while following her from a distance.

Westside Alleyway

The archer have pulled up yet another arrow but doesn't fire it seeing how the target is now too small. Instead it starts to slowly approach Durin, probably not going to reach him until he's gone after the vampire. Or giving it up, either way.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exbourne Manor

"At this point? I just want to see how much clothing I can get and move in. We can talk about charms when I get back."

And with that, she will head out towards Light's Heart. She wants to say her goodbye (singular) and move on.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riverside Hospital

Shayan's smile manages to be mostly innocent while holding a hint of dark threats to the cautious eye.

"Perhaps a bit of both. You can never truly tell how the day will go." Then she blinks, fog descending back over her eyes, and she laughs a bit awkwardly.

"Don't mind me, just a bit of gallows humor. No, I'm talking about recreating an experiment through trial and error, without access to the original notes. It was only partially successful the first time, but I'm hoping to achieve a complete success on at least one volunteer. To do that, I need them to survive, which is proving troublesome."
    Riverside Hospital

"In that case, it really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Mind telling me a few more details? Otherwise I'll only be able to give you a couple generic examples that you might already know."
    Cin tells her as he sets his clipboard on a clip on his waist.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Sure." She replies. "I mean, I never had one before but Nadia seemed to enjoy it." If she hadn't been so tense that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Suncrest Manor]

Nadia was enjoying it quite a bit until Irena went and brought up an uncomfortable topic! "That sounds okay to me." Nadia pulls her legs up on her seat to get comfortable. She expects this will take a while.
    [Suncrest Manor]

Indeed, it will take a while. Not a great deal of time, but if Irena is more responsive than Nadia was, she should be feeling extremely good by the end of the massage.

And yes, Aubrey will have climbed back into a straddling position. it's how he learned to do massages.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"Thanks, you've got quite an interesting place up here." Dacio says. "I don't think I have too many questions. I'm curious, though, what's your job or position around here?"

[Exbourne Manor]

"See ya later, Eadelain!" Cynthia says with enthusiasm. Yay, new friend.

[Westside Alleyway]

Durin rushes after the skin-stealer, guessing its intentions. He aims a mighty slash at it, but no doubt it will still be able to escape. The drowpire curses under his breath when it happens.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia watches the two, silently battling the nagging feeling of jealousy creeping up. She really should learn to give massages... Just look at how much Irena is enjoying it. Nadia fiddles with her shirt a bit agitatedly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-04-27 at 07:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Riverside Hospital

"In that case, it really just depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Mind telling me a few more details? Otherwise I'll only be able to give you a couple generic examples that you might already know."
    Cin tells her as he sets his clipboard on a clip on his waist.
    Riverside Hospital

"I suppose there's no harm in telling a fellow intellectual. I'm working to hybridize flora and fauna using a particular seed specimen which usually germinates only on fresh corpses. It's very dangerous to have one of these implanted into a person in an uncontrolled environment, as the seed quickly overrides most immune system defenses and kills its host. However, in at least one instance the plant has failed to terminate the host, and settled for a beneficial symbiosis. That is the result I wish to duplicate."Well then, that's all fairly straightforward. Shayan has displayed an unusal amount of focus during this conversation, all things considered. It may be the sterile environment, or her becoming more used to human company, but she's getting better at not zoning out mid-sentence.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Westside- Alleyway

Durin's slash does hit the worm, and it screeches in pain. It's not incapacitated enough to prevent its escape, however.

The Skin-Stealer Vampire escapes through the drains. It won't stop until it reaches the main sewers, at which point it will choose the drain for a house, at which point it will climb up the pipes and kill the occupant and wear their skin for a while.

Centre of Eastside

A gnome approaches one of the people handing out leaflets. They have brown hair and blue eyes. They're also riding a basket-like chair strapped to the back of an ogre; a great, orange-skinned brute with white irises, wiry black hair growing predominantly from his ears and large, yellowing tusks. The ogre is wearing, in addition to the chair, a clean tunic made of good quality linen. "Excuse me, down there. What's the leaflet for?"

12. - Top - End - #162

[The Flying Castle]

Celestel nods, "As I told you before, I'm the stewardess of Malechenar which basically means I'm the one that's supposed to make all the guests feel at home here. You are my responsibility so to speak. I make sure the guest rooms are in good condition and provide for the guests during their stays. You might not believe it, but we have a lot of guests here usually so it's a pretty busy position. Niccaru for example is one of my charges along with the rest of the fourth tower members. There are quite unique bunch with special needs but I'm trained to handle it." She explains gently.

[Westside Alleyway]

The archer, seeing the creature just managed to escape aims it's arrow at Durin instead as it sees the broken body of the girl laying on the ground. "What happened here?" A female voice demands.

It's perhaps by now the vampire can see the person who just came to his aid. She is wearing an armor which appears to be made of the same material as the other servants of the burning light which covers most of her body.

It does leave most of her leg's unprotected, only covered in a pair of black flat trousers. The armor doesn't start until her midriff but covers her entire chest, back, arms, head and arms. He might be able to see that the skin behind the helmet is green with dark spots just around her black eyes.

Centre of Eastside

A younger woman look up at the ogre, obviously intimidated by his presence. "I-uh... they... we are inviting people over to discuss the future of eastside. It will be a open forum for everyone who likes to come and express their views."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Southside

Sarah, a tall and pale woman with long brown hair enters the foggy area to look around. She appears unarmed except for a black mask and a laspistol at her side. Even so, she's cautious and only seems to be taking the measure of the area.

[Southside]

Much of the fog has since departed, particularly leaving the main focal points of the civilian population clear. It still lingers towards the center, however.

The area is laid out in concentric circles, the outmost circle filled with the general population, the houses and the strange crystal pyramids that form their centers. A long road defines this circle, connecting the area with a curving stone path. Branching off this road are four major paths, each leading a short way to one of the defining locales of Southside- Wellspring Tower, Radiant Ocean, Solemn Depths, and Maelstrom Castle (to name them in clockwise order, starting in the north).

These four locations are found deeper in the strange magics that pervade all of Southside, but maintain some control over them, giving them an exotic and vibrant air, differing from place to place. However, moving further into Southside leads one deeper into uncontrolled magic, and beyond knights who patrol the border of the chaotic lands. Of course, Sarah might notice that they don't turn everyone away from them...

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"Heh, I suppose they probably do have less than normal needs. Usually I'd know more than this when people are talking about vampires, but obviously we're pretty different. I guess they don't need blood then?" Dacio says. Time to prod out a little bit more info before he goes.

[Westside Alleyway]

"Put the weapon down." Durin practically growls. He seems less than concerned, however, despite his tone. The vampire wipes his blade clean and sheathes it.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Westside Alleyway

There should also be a pile of dead skin lying around, too. Not just the dead girl with most of her blood missing and a broken neck.

Centre of Eastside

"Really now. That would be interesting. I'll take two, if I may. Pass them up, Ignatius." The gnome flicks the ogre's ear gently as he says it; the ogre, Ignatius, opens his hand out to take the leaflets from the girl.

16. - Top - End - #166

[The Flying Castle]

The stewardess nods, "Indeed, there are a lot of different kinds of vampires around here, air vampires, like Lume suck the air out of the lungs of the living. We have ways to feed her though that doesn't require such macabre choices of food. Then there are our resident earth vampires which feed upon fat. Thirdly are the shadow vampires, like lord Rye and Wyhrn, they feed upon memories. The mind. We make it work however, no one have to be hurt in the process." Celestel explains.

[Westside Alleyway]

The servant lowers her bow and stares at Durin, "You didn't answer my question, what just happened here?" She asks in a firm voice, looking in disgust at the remains scattering the street.

Centre of Eastside

"Ehh... sure, everyone is welcome." She reaches out to hand over the leaflet, her hand shaking ever so slightly. "Are you from... some group around here?"

[Suncrest Manor]

The witch does seem to enjoy the message after a while, she's rather hard to get relaxed though. She have been stressed pretty much all her life, only now after having started to live with Nadia she have finally started to relax a bit.

"Mmm... hey Aubrey? Could you clean my room?" She asks eventually.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-27 at 09:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Hospital

"Is it failing because the symbiote is reacting to the Immune System and fighting it, or is it actually targeting the host?"
    Cin asks, needing to clarify which it is. "Depending on which it is, I may or may not be able to help."

Soutside

Sarah writes it all down mentally before walking up to one of the Knights. She knows it's risky, but she needed to ask. "Excuse me, but what's going on in this region?" She asks, sounding more curious than worried.

18. - Top - End - #168

Riverside Hospital

"As far as I can tell, it ignores all immuno response through sheer resiliency, and attacks the brain tissue directly, where it begins to germinate. Once the seed has devoured all the grey matter responsible for motor control, the victim usually ceases to breathe, and dies of suffocation soon afterwards. What I really need is an alternate source of food for the plant while it grows, so that the brain is untouched during the process." And it's finding that food source that has been the problem. It won't grow in ordinary flesh, no matter what she tries. For some reason, it only reacts to the brain.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"Ah, that's pretty interesting. Seems like your in a pretty similar situation as us in some ways." The vampire says. He looks around idly and says. "I don't think I have any more questions right now, either."

[Westside Alleyway]

"That thing was attacking her." Durin gestures at the corpse. The vampire's other hand clenches over the hilt of his sword. "If you don't mind, I have a murderer to catch." And kill. Rogue vampires don't get a trial. He levels ihs piercing gaze on the woman, waiting for her to step aside.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

Sarah finds a crimson armored knight patrolling the edge of the mist, who pauses as she addresses it, turns to her, then sketches a courtly bow before speaking in a form and feminine voice.
    "That depends on the region you refer to, my lady. However, whether you mean Southside in general, or the area I patrol, much of the answer remains the same, so perhaps I should explain from the start?"

Assuming Sarah does not object, or gives her assent, the knight continues. "Southside is a newly created section of the city following the directives and visions of the Court of One, a fey court led by the Queen of Rings. She claimed territory from Eastside, which was impoverished and ruled over by an immoral cult, and the territory Westside could not protect, and established her rule.
    "Southside is meant as a place of beauty, security, and new beginnings. For all who desire something more and greater, the Court of One offers a chance to achieve their goals and put aside past worries and burdens. Our queen provides food, shelter, and luxury to any who would take up her banner and forge their dreams into reality, and accepts those who would make their way on their own strength."

The knight gestures into the mist beyond. "All of this is provided for by the magic of our queen, which draws strength from the very land itself. This mist is an artifact of that, a strong and potent power reminiscent of the queen's homeland. It is not a place to enter for the unprepared, but those who have readied themselves may find enlightenment within. It takes many forms, so I cannot say what precisely what one will find beyond.
    "In the very center is the Court of One itself, where the Queen resides. It is said that those who are bold or desperate may pass through the tests of the mist to her clearing, and receive the blessings of the Queen and her Court."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Hospital

"Well, do you know why the symbiote decided to pair with the one exception? Something to do with the genetics? Or was it simply random chance? If the former, you might be able to introduce a gene-therapy to the patient beforehand to see if that could help."

Southside

Sarah returns the bow and listens quietly to what the knight had to say in the way of information. When she learns that the leader of the place was in the center of the mist, she begins unbuckling her laspistol from her side. She'll offer it to the Knight with another bow. "If you could hold onto this for me, I would like to attempt to see your Queen. I am a representative of The Masks, an organization that has taken interest in the rest of Eastside and would like to forge an alliance with her."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

The knight makes no attempt to take the weapon. "You will be tested in your path through the mists. You may have need of a weapon, and such an item is nothing my Queen need fear. I will hold it if you desire, but you have no need to leave it with me."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Southside

"If I am to be tested, it will be my faith, not my tools, that will surpass it." She explains. "I'd be honored if you kept an eye on my pistol for me." Assuming the Knight does so, Sarah will get up from her bow before pulling on her Black Mask and striding towards the center of the mists.

24. - Top - End - #174

Riverside Hospital

"Well, do you know why the symbiote decided to pair with the one exception? Something to do with the genetics? Or was it simply random chance? If the former, you might be able to introduce a gene-therapy to the patient beforehand to see if that could help."
    Riverside Hospital

"As far as I can tell, restorative magic intervened too late to drive out the plant, but early enough to save the victim. As I'm not familiar with magic, I'm forced to use more conventional means. So far I've been experimenting with placement, trying to find a nonlethal part of the human body that it would feed on instead."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Centre of Eastside

"My late brother founded a business in an old warehouse complex on the edge of Eastside; after his brutal murder, the business passed to me." Ignatius will pass the leaflet up to the gnome.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

[Southside]

"I would be glad to hold it until your return." Replies the knight. Hopefully she won't have to wait there too long, but you never know about that mist.

Before long, the way Sarah came, and even more than a foot in front of her, is completely obscured. Dense fog tinged blue surrounds her, swirling like a living thing. Patterns form within it, mirrored on her right and left so perfectly that it is as if she stands between two mirrors, and even the ground follows this exacting symmetry, a clear line dividing the two halves.

"Brave of you to discard your weapon. A voice breaks through the silence, a chimeric and fluid voice, composed of many tones and styles that change even within the same word. "Who makes bold to enter this place? By what ideals may I know you?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Over the course of a day, many Masks begin arriving at their new complex with load upon load of raw materials to rebuild anew. The speed at which they work on their Temple is that of which even professionals couldn't dream of doing. It's as if their hands are guided by a greater being...

Riverside Hospital

"Well, I suppose we could attempt to do the same with anti-biotics or maybe even a poor quality herbicide. Not powerful enough to kill the host or symbiote, of course."
    Cin adds before smiling a touch. "Or, you know, we could just hire a small-time healer."

Southside

Sarah is tempted to walk off the "mirror's edge" before her, to explore the place like her curiosity demands of her. But, as a cultist of Slaanesh, she's experienced in temptation and promptly resists it. She couldn't do Jezebel any good if she got lost. When the voice appears, she's neither surprised nor scared, keeping her wits about her as she walks the line in front of her perfectly. "I am Sarah Black Mask, follower of Slaanesh. My ideals are of Sensation itself."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Eastside

Xifra heads for the temple, hand in hand with her beloved, her heart pounding in excitement and fear.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #179

[The Flying Castle]

"Very well, if there is anything, anything at all you can just reach us at the office we are opening down below. It's much easier managing everything from down there. I personally won't be able to greet you but we will still be able to talk over a light picture like the one at the platform." Celestel replies before showing him to the stairs lading to the platform waiting below.
    "I wish things were more casual but when you live at your own workplace things tend to get a bit overly formal from time to time. My superiors aren't very happy with us leaving the castle without a very good reason."

((Saving the others for later, going to edit this post.))

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Flying Castle]

"I'll keep that in mind. It was a pleasure talking to you, and thanks again for showing me around. I'll see you some other time." Dacio gives her a friendly smile and presumably he will leave.