New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

"My memories were striped from me. Children, I was a vestige for uncounted Aeons, and am still only a mere shadow of a shadow. A fragment..... And don'y worrry, you may gain your wish in time. But, rest my children and I'm sorry..so sorry....." Crying, he surrounds them in the pure energy of creation, and as they're reforming, he planeshifts them. "That is all I can do for you my children, seek out the osais in the deset of the vestige, you'll be safe there, free from me and the coming days."
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

"Enough of this place." Bleddyn extended his hand, and black sand shot forth. Surrounding the globe of protection centered on Clip, the black sand slowly began to expand outward. When it faded away, the dark seas of Gehenna were gone. The skeletons, the floating rocks, all were gone. In their place a stone hall, dimly lit by torches, extended forward. Penants of a long dead god hang on the walls, and the air is chill, still, and heavy. "Home. Well, what once was home. The prime crystal will, naturally, be in the center of the temple." Bleddyn began to walk forward, and the torches dimmed as he approached. "I would also prefer it if none of you strayed from the main halls. This temple, just as it symbolizes the structure of the Great Wheel, was also used when I constructed my mental landscape after my rebirth. There are parts of it I would rather not revisit."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Knowing the environment may undergo unexpected changes in response to subconscious memories, Pinky prepares his defenses and calms his mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifest Energy Adaptation for 7 pp, gaining resistance 30 to all standard energy types for 140 minutes.
    Autohypnosis check (1d20+15)[33]

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    "I would also prefer it if none of you strayed from the main halls. This temple, just as it symbolizes the structure of the Great Wheel, was also used when I constructed my mental landscape after my rebirth. There are parts of it I would rather not revisit."

As this place is derived from your memories, you are clearly the best qualified guide here.

Still levitating, Pinky follows, taking in surroundings and looking for anything interesting or useful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check:(1d20+29)[31]
    Knowledge(Religion) check to identify the god being referenced: (1d20+36)[39]
    Knoelwdge(Nature) check on "horrid fungus": (1d20+26)[40]
    Knowledge(Arcana) check on ideas for warding against positive energy: (1d20+38)[44]

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Staying silent during the ordeal with the triple skeletons and their pleas to their Creator, Malsvir continues to be silent even as he follows the Swarm Lich through the hallways.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oooookay. I guess Matt and Bleddyn know best now? If we know where it is, let's just go poof to it." Clip explores the room for a few seconds, taking in the details without getting close enough for things to lash out and attack him from nowhere. "I can go through walls! Do I try that?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I sugesst not to. While they are imaginary, here all that means is that it's far too real. Also, considering Beldyyns undead state, the walls are likely infused with negative energy.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

"So if the walls are made of the stuff that neutralizes with me...can I shoot holes in the walls?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Do you also want to poke holes in his mind? Don't touch things here. What makes sense in the waking world does not always aplly here. So, just flollow him, and hopfuly nothing to bad will happen.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Akha adjusted himself on Zrku's back, sitting a bit more comfortably.

"Can I have some more candy, please?" He said to the shapechanger, for he had eaten it all within a minute.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I'll take care of it." All of a sudden, theres a white sphere in from of Akha. When it disappears 12 secons later, it leaves beinds 263 pounds of candy in a large bowl. "Creation, it saddens me...."

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelab View Post
    Akha adjusted himself on Zrku's back, sitting a bit more comfortably.

"Can I have some more candy, please?" He said to the shapechanger, for he had eaten it all within a minute.
    "Maybe you should of savored that last bowl, rather then consume it all in one gulp. There is a saying amongst dragons, 'Gluttony is a most deadly folly, for a full belly is nice, but not being able to fly away from danger isn't worth a over filled belly', or something along those lines. My father didn't spend much time explaining the follies as he could of."

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed. These halls very literally represent my mind. Doing anything to damage them would have rather undesirable effects. Especially since all that is stopping me from killing you right now is the fact that I have enough mental control over the negative energy making up my form. So I will repeat. Touch. Nothing. That actually goes for you as well, Aeon. I don't fully understand you, but your form comprises enough positive energy that I dislike the idea of it coming into contact with my being." Bleddyn turned a corner, and stopped. "Gehenna. I had hoped this wouldn't happen." The hallway in front of the group broiled and bubbled, lava having melted away a chunk of the ground. But this did not appear to be normal lava. It felt dark. When a bubble burst, one could almost hear a scream of pain. And the colors were angry. "From Gehenna itself, actually. I can traverse it with only minor discomfort. The rest of you, well, Clip really ought not to even think about touching it, if he values his continued existance." Bleddyn grimaced. He knew the corruption was getting stronger within his body, but for it to have progressed this far into his mind was...disturbing, for lack of a better word.
    No news is good news.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

All of a sudden, Matts form changes, it seems, from half and half, to utter darkness that made the void seem bright, and withen, you could see all the hate and misery of the universe. "Internalized the positive half of my body, only the negative is on the outside. Should be safe for me. And as for Gehenna, I was Born of it's lava sea's. I find it, comforting in a nolgostic fashion."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254

BlackDragon

"As while I grew up Gehenna, and immune to at least normal lava. I personally find it relaxing to occasionally swim in the molten rock to rid my scales of dirt."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay. Wall!"

Nothing would appear to happen.

"Invisible wall over the lava. Everyone who can't fly can walk over it now. Hey, Bleddyn, since I'm kind of the worst possible thing to have in here right now, maybe someone can poof me out and give you a break? Are we still in Hypnos? Because I can do it myself then and poof to where my bubble used to be. Or I can try to make myself into less positive energy, and maybe that will help."

Spoiler
    Show
    Wall of Force.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Hey, Bleddyn, since I'm kind of the worst possible thing to have in here right now, maybe someone can poof me out and give you a break? Are we still in Hypnos? Because I can do it myself then and poof to where my bubble used to be. Or I can try to make myself into less positive energy, and maybe that will help."

I would recommend that none of us go off alone, lest we be unable to locate each other again. If any of us are to separate, we should establish some means of communication. I can forge a mental link to maintain contact anywhere on the plane, if someone is willing.

Whatever happened to Clip's "bubble" may have left traces that could be useful to us. It could be worth investigating.
    Last edited by phantomreader42; 2012-04-15 at 08:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

"I could always take you somewhere Bleddyn. We could stay on the material plane until these people are done. Besides negative energy affects me too." Akha said as he started eating his large bowl of candy. The words coming out as the candy goes in.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

"While I would prefer none of you to be here, the fact of the matter is that I am unable to prevent my future capture alone. Therefore, I would like to ensure that I can make contact with all of you. Besides, as much as I hate your prescence Clip, I would much rather have you here, where I can keep my eye on you, then elsewhere, where your unique structure could be used against me." Bleddyn moved forward, over the invisible wall Clip had constructed. "Solid. Proceed with caution." Bleddyn continued towards the center of the temple of his mind. Hopefully, there would be no more complications.
    No news is good news.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Sitting in the temple's central room is a balding in orange friar's robes. Tattooed on his smooth brow is the a pair of crossed crescents, symbol of Cyrus an ascended mortal who became god and saint of honor, hospitality, and justified conflict. When the party enters the room he stands to greet them but does not open his eyes.

Monk: Hello I am the representation of Bleddyn's memories of the past, represented by his adoptive father Darius, high priest of Cyrus. Specifically I am centered on existence before his connection the magma seas of Gehenna. I can guide you through locked off or otherwise inaccessible memories, but as I am but a construct of the mind I am limited in what I can tell.

20. - Top - End - #260

Flumph

Zkru attempts to devour the monk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I have to make a grapple check or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

21. - Top - End - #261

"No Zrkie! Don't just go eating people. Let's hear what he has to say then you can eat him."

22. - Top - End - #262

Flumph

"This foray into the mindmemory grows tiresome, why are we here again in the first place?"

Zkru seems to reluctantly halt his attempts to consume the monk mindconstruct.
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-04-20 at 12:23 PM.
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hopefully to acess the supressed memories of the prime meterial itself.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-20 at 10:31 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

Flumph

"Then shouldn't we go to the center and the prime crystal or whatever? Or attempt more promising avenues, like visiting the time before time. My racial memories stretch back very far into the primeval mists after all."
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-04-20 at 12:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

BlackDragon

"Agreed. If we were indeed trying to get to the center, or the memories of time beyond what we consider time, shouldn't we avoid going down our personal memory lanes? As nice as it is to see our buggy lich comfortable in what was a home, do we have time to dawdle like this?"

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic_Spoon View Post
    "Then shouldn't we go to the center and the prime crystal or whatever? Attempt more promising avenues, like visiting the time before time. My racial memories stretch back very far into the primeval mists after all."
    I would concur, were it not for the fact that I have reason to suspect that Bledynn's connection to Gehenna is of relevance to our situation and that of the multiverse.

It is possible that Reconstructions have occurred before. From what I know of aboleths, your racial memories may well precede the beginning of this cycle.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yes, but first we have to acess that part of the memoryscape. And it maybe easier to head back in Zkru's memories. Of course, the simple can be anything but here...

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"It appears that I must explain." The swarm of dark sand coiled up into itself, and reshaped into a map. Small figures appeared upon it, and the symbols of the various planes showed on certain rooms-most notable being the symbol of the Prime Material in the very center. "The Temple is laid out in a fashion mirroring the Great Wheel. The center of the Temple is the Altar, which corresponds to the Prime Material. Thus, by shaping this layer of Hypnos into a fascimle of the Temple, I have located the Prime's memory crystal in that room. We could use your memories, Zkru, but I suspect the crystal would be much harder to locate in whatever world you created. Besides, the Temple is mostly harmless." That said, Bleddyn returned to his mostly humanoid form. "I would also apprieciate it if you didn't try to eat my memories. Darius is one of the few I have left." His form was smaller now, as though it were shrinking away from the others. "Please, Darius, which way to the Altar?"
    No news is good news.

29. - Top - End - #269

Akha watched silently as the people went about their business. He didn't have memories that extended out to the beginning of time, he had only thirteen years of memories. Well almost thirteen, his birthday was next week, he would be turning fourteen, he hoped Zrkie would remember.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Like Akha, Clip felt a bit dwarfed by the talk of such long-spanning memories, but it didn't bother him much because whenever he got his bubble back, he'd be the best at whatever he wanted to be in there, including memories.

"So you're making the crystal poof up by getting the map that in your head, which is a map of the planes? I don't know how it works, but I don't think it's like that! Because I would have brought the crystal to my bubble if you could just find it."