New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

Clip, objects here are parts of your and a collective sunconsious that have a physical shape and nature imposed on them by your own mind. And I remeber being trapped in your buble. That place was more choatic then the elemental choas colliding with limbo.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

The shapeshifter wakes up, looking around puzzled.

"Sorry, being a Hobbit just makes you want to sleep."

Gaining height, Korino becomes a gangly bird-like creature, a Vrock Demon. His voice is screechy and echoes inside you head in a somewhat disconcerting manner.

"Please, lead on."

-------------
    Std: Morph - Vrock.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, but it made sense to me. Which is really something new when you're surrounded by wizards all the time, so that's what I did when I didn't have to listen to them being so smart and annoying with their spells. Also, I actually have no idea what you're trying to tell me about this place."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's more metaphor and symbols then what it really is, and while parts of it will be the same, other parts will be differnt

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Darius: Why of course, my son.

As you move through the temple's entrance hall the rooms representing Etemenanki and Babel are visible as shadows through stained glass windows of Cyrus's saints, those who died defending a guest or family member and those who broke peace to correct injustice. Juxtaposing these images of dignity and restraint on your left you can see silhouettes of horrible tortures being inflicted on mock-humans by their kyton master, and to your right the the shadows of some create machine for casting molten materials. After passing through the hall you reach the altar of the material prime. It is an inverted pyramid, with four sides, constructed out of a crystal made nearly opaque by its diamond-like luster. A root-like system of cracks originating at a circular hole, no more than an inch in diameter at the altar's top, trace there way throughout the entire structure. Dancing at the end of each of these roots are ever changing images of the Material Plane's past, no single image remaining longer than a second at most.

Darius: This is crystal of the material plane. It is however full of many memories, far too many for any single being to learn of in the time you have here. You can make the images slow and focus by pouring blood or the essence of a creature into the hole. The images will then focus on aspects of that creature's past, and events of the multiverse that are closely tied to the creature in question.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt goes over, difting slowly. "This is going to hurt like the summer of 69." And with that, he lets his essence seep out of him, warping around and into the crystal...

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, if it shows you everything that happened in your past, and you're super super old, does that mean everything in all of the planes ever is going to happen? Because this sounds like it's going to be really, really cool."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

All of a sudden reality itself seemed to echo around Matt as if it was him, and he was it, "Before the Law bringers came, I was one of the mighty, who hid from the Farl realms, even as I was born from it bleeding into this reality. I was concept, The Smith of worlds, the Sower of life, A Being torn apart by the Gods and sundered into the Magma Seas and Chained to power the Celestial Tower, where I still remain. I am a fragment of primordial relaity, from before order and the binding into wheel."
    It stops, and Matts seems to have shrunk. "What happened? Did you see something? You look like something big happened..."

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

As Matt's essence seeps down through altar's cracks it fills each root's termination point. Each point so filled causes the shimmering visions to altar and focus. When the last chaotic scattered projection dims and is replaced the entire room fills with light. Each ray works together to form single cohesive image in the air around the crystal.

There is a swirling vortex of blue, violet, and golden aether. This aether begins to coalesce and take concrete form, but one so massive that only its tiniest fraction is actually visible in the room, a mass of arms, tendrils, and eyes. These limbs weave their way through the aether making tiny pockets of order and stability filled with stars and planets. A hand then individually examines each of these pockets and if it finds them lacking crushes them and then reforms them into a new series of stars and planets. Occasionally however it finds a pocket that is considered acceptable. These are then absorbed into the mass of limbs.

As it observes one of these spheres of normalcy the vision expands so that the room can no longer see the wider aether but only events occurring in this one bubble. Within this universe there is a mass of positive and negative energy, obviously a young Matt. He descends to an ocean covered planet whose surface is covered by a thick icy crust. The young aeon plant tiny motes of algae and insects which then rapidly develop and evolve in a rapidly accelerated form. Upon seeing this the young aeon leaves. The dominant race that forms is a species of two meter tall humanoid creatures with a blue crustacean like shell. They form a massive industrialized society based on power generated by the ocean currents.

A single finger from the great mass of limbs reaches into this pocket and pierces through. Once it intersects with the bubble it takes the form of an enormous host of golden faceless angels. The humanoids begin fighting back against the angels but rapidly begin to lose against overwhelming odds. One of them casts a spell that pulls Matt from the depths of the void, and tries to force him to confront the angels.

Matt floats up to the angelic host, but rather than attack him they begin speaking. They all speak as a single chorus with one voice.

Angels: You were a faithful gardener, and have shown great care at your craft. We have no conflict with you, but you seed has born tainted fruit and must be purged. Go sleep, you will be needed for the next cycle.

The aeon then turns back and flies into the depths of space before sleeping as the universe is destroyed around him. He does not awake until the universe has been reshaped into something new, and upon his awakening he appears to not remember anything of his previous existence.

The lights then grow dark as Matt's essence drains out of the altar.
    Last edited by nyarlathotep; 2012-05-14 at 06:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Pinky watches closely, taking notes with a strange object that appears to be made of intricately carved and polished wood. It leaves a complex pattern of raised dots behind.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception check to note details: (1d20+29)[31]
    Autohypnosis check to remember said details (1d20+15)[35]

I have long believed that gods are far more trouble than they are worth. This appears to confirm that hypothesis. Mass destruction with no motive or remorse. And they will call this "good".

I have never eaten the brain of an angel before. I believe I shall consume one while its fellows watch, and tell them it tasted of "tainted fruit". I am curious how those who would wantonly slaughter living beings for no purpose will respond to similar violence against their own kind.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"False messengers! Twisted Decivers! Life I grew, sentience I nurtured, and then IT had to show up! It had to find fault with that which did not blindly follow it's orders! They were nothing more then a scourge, a blight! I may have been the gardener, but they made me the Destroyer! They will pay for all the worlds they have scourged, all the children they have slaughtered...." Matts form shifts by the end to a large suit of plate mail, with runes written in the True Speech.

(OOC; He can't use truespeech. I got the idea from a book I read, where runes and sigils appeared on cirten beings when they had extereme emotions. Mostly when they were mad. And truespeech, or the lanugauge of creation, kinda fits. And must find truenamer fix)

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

A slight sweat has formed on Mal's brow which is quickly wiped away as the visions that flashed before his eyes pass. Blinking a few times, he licks his lips some before speaking.

"Angels you say Pinky? Deceivers Matt? My vision must of differed from yours... I wonder why I saw dragons of Gehenna magma?"

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

13. - Top - End - #283

"Well I saw a man and a woman in a castle cradling a baby.. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to figure out what this means?
    Extended Hombrew Signature

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleddyn gazed towards Matt, a new found respect for his power entering his mind. "You are from the Time-Before-Time. The monks often spoke of it. A universe prior to this one. And this...this scene..." Bleddyn turned towards Darius. "This was the Reconstruction. Prior to our universe. The formation of it, actually. Wasn't it, Darius? If that is who you really are?"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Darius: That would be the most likely hypothesis. Additionally our current reconstruction is like the War of End Times that Cyrus' taught us to prepare for. That there would be entities whose appear was that of servants of good, but whose on morality was that of apathy.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I don't want the universe to get smashed up by a supergod. I live there." Clip's voice is solemn. He circles around the monk several times. "How do we make it stop? Something to do with Matt? Can Matt take us back in time, or get us to survive? What about all of the other people? What do we do, guys?"
    Last edited by Kazyan; 2012-04-27 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Quotation mark

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Time travel is beyond me, and my memories are far from reliable. Zkru, as you pocess the racial memory of the Aboleths, which reachs as far back as the elder evil that spawned your kind, would you try this?

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Flumph

Zkru makes a odd slithering sound deep in his throat. He appears to be simultaneously expressing disgust and amusement, as telepathic waves of these emotions roll off of him.

"Hah, another 'creator' original overdeity, no doubt it will also be proved to be nothing but another petty godling like all the others that have claimed that title. Unless the deity is a metaphor for the natural processes of the multiverse, one never can tell with dreams and memories. In any case, I mislike it on principle.

While I have heard tell of powerful spells that allow actual travel into the past, I possess no such magic. What exactly are you proposing, that I spill my blood on the crystal, or that I change the landscape of memory-Hypnos?"
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"I think he wants your blood on the alter, since your memories may travel further than even his."
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

20. - Top - End - #290

Flumph

"Ah well, nothing ventured nothing gained a guess."

Suddenly Zkru reaches out and attempts to cut the monk! Apparently hoping to spill his blood on the altar!

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I make a attack roll or what?
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-04-30 at 12:45 AM.
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zkru, you do realize that your trying to bleed a metaphor, right?

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

The Vrock-shaped Korino screeches.

"No! Your blood, not the monk's you foolish abomination!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

It wasn't truly a scream. Though the sound was clearly made with the same level of emotion that a scream entails, it was nothing so human. Bleddyn's body burst into a thousand crawling spiders. The chittering fury of the mass of chitinous legs and fangs filled the room, and the swarm shot towards Zkru-Ackstorl. Crawling upon the leviathan's slimy body, the spiders sank their fangs deep into Zkru's carapace. The necrotic energy within Bleddyn's fangs bled into the Aboleth, poisoning his abberant blood. The enraged thoughts of Bleddyn filled the minds of those present. "IF YOU EVER ATTEMPT TO STRIKE MY FATHER AGAIN, I WILL SLAUGHTER YOU AND THEN FORCE YOUR SOUL TO SERVE ME FOR ALL OF ETERNITY! LEGENDS SHALL BE SPUN OF THE TORMENTS I WILL VISIT UPON YOU, AND CHILDREN WILL USE YOUR NAME TO MOCK THE WEAKEST AND MOST VILE OF LEPERS!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spider Swarm form. Swarm Attack deals 9d6 points of damage, Spider form has a Poison which deals 2d6 Strength Damage, Initial and Secondary. Fortitude Save to negate is 27. If you have immunity to disease/poison, you instead take half damage from it on a failed save.
    Swarm Attack-(9d6)[30]
    Poison Damage-(2d6)[11]
    No news is good news.

24. - Top - End - #294

Flumph

The spiders attempted to close in with Zkru, but were blown back by the strong winds constantly surrounding him. Suddenly acid spews forth from the aboleth's mouth, covering the spiderswarm. Contempt flows psychically from the aboleth, its face perhaps sneering, though it is difficult to tell for those unfamiliar with aboleth body language.

"Do not test me worm"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, a unexpectedly extreme reaction, it's not like I'm killing the guy after all(admittedly I did try to eat him earlier but whatever).

So yeah, my bracers of wind surround me with winds of strong force, which iirc blows away diminutive creatures.

I then manifest breath of the black dragon in a cone shaped burst aimed at Bleddyn as a standard action. DC 47 reflex save for half. Acid Damage:
    (19d6)[56]*1.5 for swarm=84

Costs me 19pp, bringing me to 542pp.

Zkru then moves as far away as possible from Bleddn with my move action, max is 100ft with flight, or 50ft. by land.

25. - Top - End - #295

BlackDragon

"Oh for crying out loud!" Jumping slightly off to the side to be better out of the way MalsvirIxen growls as he almost shifts back to his dragon form to better partake in the combat but reigns his fiery urge back in.
    "Is it that hard to understand that they just want a few drops of blood? If your going to give us a hard time then at least try not to disrupt the being that we are currently residing within his memories."

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And besides, have you considered what he could do to you if he altered reality? His mind, his rules after all. Also, could you act like sentient creatures for a moment? Bleddyn, he's not your father, he only looks that way because we're in your mind, and thus your memories and expectations shape it. It's a metaphor, a contruct that exists to represent what you consider a guiding authority figure. And Zkru, when your inside of another creatures memory scape, show some consideration. All of us here are more or less mature, so let us conduct our affairs in a RATIONAL manner.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Clip, figuring that nothing he can do will fix anything because he's made of anti-Bleddyn, simply goes invisible, hovers to the other side of the room, and waits.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

The spiders, brushed away by the swirling winds, shrieked in pain as the acid scorched them. The spiders dissolved back into the black dust, and formed into the solid form of Bleddyn. Small holes existed in his arms and legs, but dark energy pulsed outward, sheathing him in entropic energy. His eyes smoldered, burning cores of anger. "My appologizes. This place has a curious...destabalizing effect upon me. The longer we stay, the more irrational I become. We should leave as soon as possible. So, slug, if you're not going to offer up your essence, we should be gone."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Inflict Critical Wounds on myself. Healing 4d8+16.
    (4d8+16)[33]
    No news is good news.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    Zkru, you do realize that your trying to bleed a metaphor, right?
    I have heard the phrase "tortured metaphor", but never seen it literally enacted before. And I doubt it would be beneficial to attempt it again.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    "IF YOU EVER ATTEMPT TO STRIKE MY FATHER AGAIN, I WILL SLAUGHTER YOU AND THEN FORCE YOUR SOUL TO SERVE ME FOR ALL OF ETERNITY! LEGENDS SHALL BE SPUN OF THE TORMENTS I WILL VISIT UPON YOU, AND CHILDREN WILL USE YOUR NAME TO MOCK THE WEAKEST AND MOST VILE OF LEPERS!"
    I doubt that threat will have the desired impact if there are no more children to engage in such mockery. There are more important things to do than senseless assaults on memory constructs.
    Last edited by phantomreader42; 2012-04-30 at 09:03 PM.