New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

Seeing that the situation had calmed down, Zkry moved a few feet closer to the rest of the group, doing his best to stay away from Bleddyn however.

"Can something be truly simply metaphor in Hypnos? This is the realm where dreams, imaginings and mental constructs are made real. Besides which it could prove enlightening to observe the interactions between the metaphor for the prime material and the metaphor for Bleddyn's 'father'. I still propose that we test this."
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

2. - Top - End - #302

"You guys are acting like a bunch of children. Shame on you!" Akha shouted at them with a bunch of candy splattering out of his mouth as he did.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ahka, it's bad manners to speak with your mouth full. And as for testing the inneraction of the metaphors, wouldn't it make more sense to ask?
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-05-01 at 06:41 AM.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Darius: I am a construct of Bleddyn's consciousness given form by Hypnos so I do not know what if anything constructive will be gained by this, but as you wish.

The edges of the priest's finger tips corporeate into a grey mist and drift into the altar's opening. Immediately the room becomes a chaotic mess, with pieces of matter disappearing and reappearing. Your mind and body feel as though they are being ripped apart by the fabric of reality around them. It is as if the room is being rendered down to its component pieces. The only object unaffected is the altar itself, standing as a bastion of order in the chaotic maelstrom.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone roll a will save DC 30 of take (2d4)[3] charisma and wisdom damage per turn. This save must be made each round until the effect is stopped.

Additionally Bleddyn must make a charisma check.
    Last edited by nyarlathotep; 2012-05-04 at 09:51 AM.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotep View Post
    Darius: I am a construct of Bleddyn's consciousness given form by Hypnos so I do not know what if anything constructive will be gained by this, but as you wish.

The edges of the priest's finger tips corporeate into a grey mist and drift into the altar's opening. Immediately the room becomes a chaotic mess, with pieces of matter disappearing and reappearing. Your mind and body feel as though they are being ripped apart by the fabric of reality around them. It is as if the room is being rendered down to its component pieces. The only object unaffected is the altar itself, standing as a bastion of order in the chaotic maelstrom.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone roll a will save DC 30 of take (1d20+27)[39] charisma and wisdom damage per turn. This save must be made each round until the effect is stopped.

Additionally Bleddyn must make a charisma check.
    While experimenting with the exsanguination of mental constructs may be a fascinating pastime, I fail to see how it is relevant or useful to our current endeavour. I shall put an end to this insanity before anything else goes wrong.

Pinky approaches Darius and grabs him from behind with a tentacle, attempting to pull him away from the altar and break the connection.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save (1d20+27)[39]
    Attack roll (with -4 penalty to deal nonlethal damage) (1d20+21)[41]
    If that hits, attempt grapple as a free action: (1d20+24)[31]

Next round Will save: (1d20+27)[40]
    If the grapple succeeded, take a five-foot step back. If not, try attaching all tentacles, then pull back:
    Attack 1:(1d20+21)[35]
    Grapple 1:(1d20+24)[44]
    Attack 2:(1d20+21)[23]
    Grapple 2:(1d20+24)[26]
    Attack 3:(1d20+21)[27]
    Grapple 3:(1d20+24)[29]
    Attack 4:(1d20+21)[38]
    Grapple 4:(1d20+24)[38]

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Why does this sort of thing always happen?

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+18)[26]
    Can't acess mythweavers on the computer right now, so my will bonus might be off.
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-05-04 at 10:51 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

The vulture Demon glares at Zkru-.

"You. Suck."

With that he morphs into the form of a tall, stunningly beautiful Angel surrounded with an aura of white light, hoping to ease the burdon of resisting the effect.

----
    Will Save: (d20+21)[33]

Std: Morph - Advanced Planetar
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-05-04 at 07:46 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

8. - Top - End - #308

"Bad Zrkie don't do that again!"

Spoiler
    Show

Will save: (1d20+21)[41]

Also if it's a spell: SR 30.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Clip tries to pull himself together and stay stable, even if he can't see himself right now.

"...Stop it! Turn it back to normal! Wait, I know! I'll put some of me on it!"

A positive energy ray fires from the source of the voice, at the altar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+18)[19]

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

As Darius' essence entered the altar, Bleddyn extended a clawed hand, as though attempting to stop him. Then, everything changed. The world became a swirl of dark energy, and Bleddyn felt his very body being torn apart. It was only by sheer force of will that he managed to keep himself intact. The screams of pain, however, suggested that Bleddyn did not take kindly to the sudden surge of chaos. "Everything. Needs. To. STOP!"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

11. - Top - End - #311

BlackDragon

"This is why we can't have anything nice! Because of over intelligent beings making things more difficult then it needs to be!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+12)[14]

Edit: Epic failure...
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-05-04 at 11:57 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

12. - Top - End - #312

Flumph

"Well this is certainly interesting. Also, I love you all as well! Mwa!

I wonder to what level reality will devolve? Will we eventually get a void state or open a portal to the far realms? Or will the internal reality of Hypnos, what little there is of it, reassert itself? Is this even really happening or are we just imagining it? Could the reconstruction be weakening the planes in some manner allowing this sort of chaotic planar manifestations? Fascinating. Very fascinating. We need more data"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+15)[24]
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-05-05 at 05:23 PM.
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic_Spoon View Post
    Fascinating. Very fascinating. We need more data"
    Still holding Darius in his tentacles, Pinky replies by telepathic broadcast, as his mouth is rather muffled.

Does anyone have a free hand and some manner of sharp weapon? I believe I know a method by which we might obtain the data Zkru desires.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"ENOUGH! Quit your infintile bantering and assist the Lich in holding resbalishing reality!" The voice inside your heads that he put there before... he was holding back, in control, not wanting to accidently hurt you. A peek of what his mental voice is really like just came out, and that was planet shaking.

Restoring Beleddyn's reality
    [roll]1d20+2[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315

BlackDragon

"Something sharp you say?"

A cruel grin spreads on Mal's Tiefling face as its starts to grow his molten lava-like scales and he grows back into his dragon form. Upon reaching the final growth of his tail and wings he attacks the aboleth with his fangs and claws.

Spoiler
    Show

Bite Attack: (1d20+31)[47]
    Claw Attack 1: (1d20+31)[41]
    Claw Attack 2: (1d20+31)[40]

Bite Damage: (2d8+12)[16]
    Claw Attack 1 Damage: (2d6+6)[15]
    Claw Attack 2 Damage: (2d6+6)[14]

All three attacks are treated as Transmuting [MIC]/Ghost Touch weapons.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

16. - Top - End - #316

Akha stared at the empty bowl in front of him, the tons of candy gone. "Can I have some more please?" he pleaded inocently. "Ooh maybe even cake, or ice cream!"

17. - Top - End - #317

Flumph

The dragon's attacks harmlessly scrape off of the aboleth's adamantiumlike hide.

"This is becoming somewhat tiresome. Why do you people keep on attacking me? Cease these actions immediately."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Although Bleddyn maintained enough force of will to retain his own shape the same could not be said of the mental bastion he had conjured into being around the party. It and all of its contents dissipate including Darius, causing the maelstrom to cease. The terrain instead becomes a near featureless plane of blue marble like material contained within the same bubble of stability emanating from Clip that has been protecting you since travel to this plane began. Surrounding the bubble is a sea of water almost pitch black from lack of light. Strange large shapes occasionally pass by your sphere of protection, but never linger long enough for their full shape to be guessed.

The altar that once resided in the room's center is still intact, but now resembles nothing more than a glass sphere and has been emptied of all memories that were once floating across its inner surfaces.

19. - Top - End - #319

Flumph

"Mmm, I wonder if we have devolved to a nightmare dream state, or if those are actually representation of far realm creatures and the amoebic sea? It is often said that dreams are the far realms' most used portal into the minds of mortals."
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-05-07 at 02:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

BlackDragon

Glaring at the aboleth, followed by giving a quick glance at his claws, a snort with some flames escape from Mal's snout in his huge dissatisfaction at the utter lack of causing pain.

All of this is forgotten when the scenery changes to that of a aquatic setting it seems. Looking about Mal tries to forget about the affront on his pride the giant fish has caused him by avoiding damage.

"Great... Water... I don't like water..."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You misunderstand. The amoebic sea is a sea of total and utter chaos. A sea of Anti-reality. Haven't been there in ages, and we're but standing in the dream of a shadow... of a dream

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"It's amazing that something so intelligent and ancient can have such poor impulse control. Time is against us, please try to think more carefully before you act next time."

Korino turns her angelic face to the Will'o'Wisp.

"My gratitude for the spherical shell. Can you maintain it?"

Finally she turns to Bleddyn.

"How about you, can you reform what we lost?"
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

23. - Top - End - #323

"I'm still a little short on candy." Akha said motioning to the empty bowl in front of him.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"Well then I suggest you learn to conjure some, because you'll not be getting any more from me. A treat is only a treat if it comes unexpected."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll try!"

Now visible, Clip floated above the altar. The bottom edge of his spherical body touched it, tinting it red with his glow.

"That stuff isn't anti-reality. You're all making stuff up now! It doesn't even make sense. Anti-reality can't be there, because it can't have, like, a spot to be in if it destroys realness and now my mind is lost. Theeeeeere it goes! Whee." Pause. "Are we any closer to stopping the Reconstruction? I don't think so. Start being smart again, smart people!"

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clip, where the Far realms is concerned, meanin has no meaning. Sense is insesible. The laws of reality are useless at best, and so far as it's concerned, the past, present and future happen at the same time. Therefore, abondon all that you consider sane and rational when dealing with the Far Realms and you have a chance at understanding a fragment of it.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. Stop making things up. I get that you're smarter than me, but stop it."

28. - Top - End - #328

BlackDragon

"I'm not necessarily that stupid to actually think that whatever that substance is actually water. But considering that it's consistency seems similar enough, and my aptitude for lava over water... Could we just get this done and over with? I would very much prefer not being in the Far Realms."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the many shadows stops its movements and everyone present can feel psychic emanations filling the room. They are not however the pounding all consuming thoughts one would expect from a Far Realm entity, but a weak half-thought that one has to concentrate on lest they lose it forever, a dream that was vivid in sleep but quickly dissipating in the waking world.

Shadow: We are not among the great realms of true reality as you speculate. We are the memories and after remnants of that which once was. We are the subconscious memory of those who came before the aboleths. We crafted them so that some part of us might live on in this universe so hostile to our existence that is now itself coming to an end.

30. - Top - End - #330

Flumph

Zkru waves a few tentacles about idly, apparently in deep thought about what the progenitor subconscious had revealed.

"Do you think I do not now that Matt? That is why I suggested that it is simply a metaphor, a poor suggestion of the true thing represented to our minds by allegorical means. This seems to not be the case however. It would seem that a feedback loop or somesuch has somehow reverted hypnos to a prior cycle from before the reconstruction that shaped the current reality.

Korino, who said this was a impulse? I considered the possible repercussions of my actions and judged the potential payoff to be worth it. And I would say that is, here we have the subconscious minds of beings from before the current cycle, something I think not easily accomplished.

If my oldest memories can be trusted, and if these 'remnants' speak truth, aboleths would appear to be the twisted offspring of a race from a previous cycle, adapted and transformed to be able to live in this one, and given the imperative to survive. In fact there are strong hints that the Blood Queen herself was one of these progenitors, strongly modified to withstand the new cycle and not truly of this world. This would explain somewhat why aboleth's are so alien and inherently superior compared to other races.

In any case, I propose that we place the essence of one of these beings in the crystal for more data, if one of the progenitor subconsciousnesses would agree to this. Unless the cycles are just a recursive loop of cycles we might eventually reach the beginning of this reconstruction business. Or not. Still, it should give us valuable information.

There is also the matter of who exactly is responsible for the reconstruction. The crystal showed some sort of overdeity, logic suggests that we will need to deal with it somehow to prevent the reconstruction, though how is anyone's guess."

Zkru continues on into mumbled hypothesis about metaphysics and the ultimate circularity of time as a possibly elegant model of the multiverse.
    Last edited by Demonic_Spoon; 2012-05-10 at 02:31 PM.