New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

"I might be all for causing all kinds of destruction. My claws have been itching to find themselves sinking into flesh as of lately..." Malsvir comments as he looks at his claws. "As for ways of causing destruction... Sadly the only magical methods I have involves making fire rain down from the sky which typically isn't all that effective against stone, or making my flaming breath akin to a storm."

Orb Inevitable: As you have refused to leave we are hear to remove you by force.
    "Well then, I can't wait to see what goodies are hiding in that little body of yours..."

Spoiler
    Show

Read as: He has a Fire Storm SLA useable 4/day which is his most powerful damaging SLA. Then he has a item granted Tempest Breath metabreath that allows him to make his breath weapon act like a Windstorm strength wind coupled with Entangling Exhalation to make it last longer then the norm.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"Oh, I will enjoy using your arm as a toothpick."

With that the Balor's sword blazes white hot as he swings it it a wide arc before him, the flames rushing at his opponents with an almighty roar of almost sentient hate.

As the flames form a cyclone around the metal creatures, he raises his free arm and making a clawed shaped with his hand pulls down the massive bookshelves onto the opponents to batter and crush them.

As the shelves tumble and the cascade of books are set ablaze, the Balor launches himself into the air in a single beat of his charred wings.

---
    Standard: Fire Storm SLA (sorry for stealing your thunder Igneel, but I didn't trust Implosion to actually work on these things): (20d6)[68] Fire Damage (DC37 Reflex for half). On a failed Save, DC 20 Reflex every round or an additional [roll4d6[/roll] fire damage (no Save).

Swift: Quickened Telekinesis SLA: attack roll to slam the bookcase down on them (d20+34)[54], damage depends on how harmful the DM considers the bookcase to be; from 1/25 lb. to 1d6/25lb.

Move: Fly up 90ft, or as high as I can if the ceiling is lower than that. Good manoeuvrability.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Telekinesis attack roll was a potential crit, rolling to confirm: (d20+35)[45]
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

4. - Top - End - #364

BlackDragon

"Lets get this party started!"

Heat starts to radiate from Malsvir's scales, even as they seem to start radiating more light then they have for some time now. Giving some quick movements of this talons, spheres of malevolent darkness that doesn't hamper their vision seem to expand from Malsvir and his comrades near his body. Sure that his spell will grant them some protection he then starts breathing in.... And breathing in... And breathing some more in till finally he unleashes what can only be described as a windstorm of flames from his home plane, blowing away anything small enough infront of him all while it seems to reach out and try to grab any burnt by its touch.

===

Activating Infernal Aura as free action: Any enemies within 5ft automatically takes 5d4 points of damage every turn. Half this damage is fire and the other half is infernal power that ignores resistances and immunities.

Using Baator Agent to activate a SLA as a Swift action: Allows me to use any of my SLAs as a swift or move action 1/round.
    Using Unholy Aura SLA [3 more uses for the day] on all companions within 20ft of me (which I assume is everyone but Korino). Half the Str damage dealt is infernal power and ignores resistances and immunities.

Finally activating my Gorget of Tempest to simulate the Tempest Breath feat (Draconomicon) turning my breath weapon into a Windstorm-effect, along with Entangling Exhalation feat (Races of the Dragon) to deal half damage, but anything that takes damage becomes Entangled and takes 1d6 points of same type of damage each round at my turn for (1d4)[1] rounds.

Breath weapon Ref save (for damage): DC 31
    Breath weapon Damage: Half of (20d6)[79] is dealt because of Entangling Exhalation. Half is fire, other half is Infernal which bypasses resistance/immunities. A successful save for half halves the damage again, unless Improved/Evasion which negates.
    Breath Recharge: (1d4)[2] (Tempest +1, Recover -1)
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-06-19 at 03:42 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Pinky examines the enemy carefully.

Hmmm, constructs. They can be quite irritating things. Luckily I have one of my own to deal with them for me.

Pinky's hands and tentacles move in complex patterns, as if rapidly sculpting invisible clay. An object starts to form in front of one of the tube-winged inevitables. Its shape is a twisted mockery of the construct's own form. It is colored a garish neon pink.

Spoiler
    Show

Overchannel by 3, increasing my manifester level to 17. The talented feat allows me to do this without taking damage, if the power manifested is 3rd-level or lower. Astral Construct is a first-level power.

Standard action: Manifest a ninth-level astral construct for 17 power points (one point for the base power, augment by 2 points eight times). This construct gains two abilities from menu C. Trade one of those for the B-menu abilities Smite and Improved Fly. Extreme Deflection is the other.

The construct is huge, touch AC 16, flat-footed AC 41. Two slam attacks +33, dealing 2d6+16 damage, plus 19 smite damage to its chosen target.

Move action: regain psionic focus

Now, would you kindly smash your twin into suitably small pieces?

The construct silently obeys.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack roll 1: (1d20+33)[45]
    Damage roll 1: [roll]2d6+16+19[/roll]
    Attack roll 2: (1d20+33)[39]
    Damage roll 2: [roll]2d6+16+19[/roll]

6. - Top - End - #366

Akha looked at the floating orb, summoning his powers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Telekinetic Maneuver to grapple and pin him. My CMB for it is 41 and I spend 19 power points. I shall keep concentration if it is a success, so he will be pinned every round for 20 rounds if he fails.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

7. - Top - End - #367

Flumph

Zkru spews forth a cloud of crystals, heavily damaging the two orbs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swarm of Crystals, cost 25 pp, deals (25d4)[65] damage to all caught within the cone, namely the two orbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the bookcase would be 1d6 and the section in question weights 400 lbs. I already rolled it for you though

All three inevitables seem to be either resistant to the point of absurdity or flat out immune to fire, but had to weather the full brunt of the divine and infernal energies accompanying the spells and breath weapon. Additionally the wind generated by Malsvir's infernal breath has prevented the robotic enemies from moving forward, but has left them otherwise unharmed.

Swift to react the winged inevitable not currently engaged summons up magical energies that attempt to force all non-constructs out of the room. The other releases a cloud of red-tinted gas from it's angular axe-shaped head that blankets all those in front of it.

Their orbus leader lifts up and removes the bookcase that had been slammed on top of him. It then flies upward in an attempt to meet its fiery demonic counterpart. (his fly speed is only 60 feet)

Orb Inevitable: It seems appropriate that one who seeks to meddle in ways that could spell doom for their universe takes the form of a creature embodying such destruction.

He then shouts a word of power, that of absolute law and obedience. Dictum

Spoiler
    Show

Saves for antipathy: 23 will. If failed you have to leave the floor, but even on a successful roll your dexterity is reduced by 4.
    Saves for the wave of energy: Will save 26 or be shaken for (1d4)[2] rounds
    Saves for Dictum: Will save 22 or be deafened for (1d4)[2] rounds and staggered for (2d4)[2] rounds. A successful save reduces the staggered duration to (1d4)[2] and negates the deafness

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Matt glares at the Orb leader and points.

Be As Dust

Spoiler
    Show
    Disnegrate.
    Ranged touch, (1d20+19)[39]
    Damage; (40d6)[134]
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"What can I say, when you want to cause carnage, you go to the source. Not that I'm the only one here trying to doom the universe, you overgrown toy."

As the beast king raises it's blade however, the Construct's spell assails him. Though he throws of it's effects with little more than a snarl, the primal precepts of Law in it's word are anathema to him, and cling to his very bones, weighing him down.

With a roar and and other great flap of his wings he unleashes his black spirit claw again, clutching the mechanical creature.

---
    I have Spell Resistance 31 as a Balor Lord, in case that stops either effect.

Will Save for Antipathy: (d20+26)[38]

How long does the Dex penalty last, and will it stick if I change forms?

Will Save for Dictum: (d20+26)[43]

So I make the Save, and go from Staggered for 2 rounds to Staggered for 2 rounds. Hell if I'd been really unlucky I could have saved and actually been staggered for longer if the second roll had come up a 3 or 4.

I'm sure that's supposed to just take one of the initial dice away rather than roll a new one; which since the initial roll got two (so a pair of ones), would have to mean I'd only be staggered for 1 round. But that's up to your interpretation I suppose.

Move: Fly another 90ft away, for a total of 120ft between us.

Swift: Quickened Telekinesis to Grapple Orb Inevitable - (d20+34)[45]+any Size Modifier (not sure if they apply with Telekinesis) vs. Orb's CMD. No attack of opportunity. If successful target is Grappled.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

When one has experienced the direct mental intrusion of an elder brain, merely verbal assertions of law become rather unimpressive.

Pinky looks squarely at the flying orb.

Your designer was unimaginative, deficient in engineering ability, and wholly devoid of aesthetic sense. Your parts are poorly constructed from inferior materials, and whoever assembled them was obviously lazy and incompetent. Your mission was devised by a madman, and imparted to you by a delusional fanatic with poor language skills. In short, you are woefully unsuited to your intended purpose, which is fortuitous as only a lunatic would desire that purpose to be accomplished. Furthermore, I could make a better construct myself while I was busy insulting you. As a matter of fact, I just did.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Overchannelling again to manifest Astral Construct again. This one is also ninth-level, with the Improved Fly, Smite, Heavy Deflection and Extra Attack abilities. Touch AC is 12, flat-footed 37, each attack is +33 for (2d6)+25 damage. Fly speed 40ft. Craft check is (1d20+18)[38]

As the illithid speaks, a gleaming silvery object forms directly behind the orb. It is generally humanoid in shape, but has no facial features, as such are superfluous for its purpose. It has three legs in a stable tripod configuration, but is not using them, as it is flying in midair on wings constructed of a series of reconfigurable metal-like plates, which allow effortless gliding. Its "head" is an armored ball on a long neck, as suitable for use as a bludgeoning weapon as its arms. What sensory apparatus it requires resides in the chest region.

The constructs are much quieter and more businesslike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pink mockery: Standard action, 1 attack, attack roll [roll]1d20+[/roll], damage (2d6+25)[35].

Silver Hexapod: full attack (as it came into existence after the effect that caused the staggering)
    Attack 1: (1d20+33)[39] Damage: (2d6+25)[29]
    Attack 2: (1d20+33)[34] Damage: (2d6+25)[28]
    Attack 3: (1d20+33)[50] Damage: (2d6+25)[32]

12. - Top - End - #372

"Well that's not nice at all." He says solemnly as the spells roll over him. He looks at the flying orb and raises his hand. A light green ray shoots from his fingers hitting the orb. Immediately after another ray hits the target.

Spoiler
    Show
    I also have SR 30 if that helps.

Standard Action: Manifesting Twinned Disintegration = 11 PP [Base] + 3 PP [Augmentation] + 6 PP [Twin]

Attack Roll: (1d20+14)[20]
    Damage Roll: (28d6)[103]

Twinned so if it hits he takes that damage twice. Fortitude Saving Throw to resist is 32.

Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus
    Extended Hombrew Signature

13. - Top - End - #373

Flumph

"Taste my crystal wrath!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Swarm of Crystals, cost 25 pp, deals (25d4)[63] damage to all caught within the cone, namely the two inevitables.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

The orbus inevitable quickly disintegrates into dust due to the combined magical onslaught. One of its winged companions falls as well due to crystal shards ripping through its body and the bludgeoning from its ectoplasmic clone. Seeing its companions so quickly slain the last remaining inevitable glides backwards out of reach of its enemies before vanishing in a flash of red energy. Shortly thereafter a sort of unearthly calm settles over the library as though no battle had taken place at all. The upended bookshelves begin to right themselves and all their spilled contents float slowly through the air back to there proper place on the shelves.
    Level 3 feat: improved monster class pimping

RIP North_Ranger you will be missed