New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

Glenda: I can gladly give you passage to the places that are safe or places that are private, but the two rarely intersect. Few would stand against the Horned Hunter as he has province and and pact with the realm itself to grant true death to those who opposed him. There is the dwelling of the cave spirits in particular the Lurker Tannis. He would hold the power to keep you hidden and safe for the price of entombment. You would need to swear yourselves enemies of the sun and attack its servants whenever you encountered them.

An additionally sanctuary might be Herric Mistress of Portals, but in her runs the blood of fiends, and her prices are not constant.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I am not entirely certain if the Horned Hunter is for us or against us. One of his riders attacked our jailer, so it may be that he desires our escape for reasons of his own.

I must consult with my colleagues to determine our course of action.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

"If she's willing to help us she's willing to help the people chasing us. I fear she might betray out position in hope for a reward. Akha said in a paranoid way.
    Extended Hombrew Signature

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Beings of Avalon are bound by the contracts they make, and I assume that the spoken word can still be intrpyrted as a verbal contract?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"Oh she'd be bound by the contract, verbal or otherwise, just as we would. But no contract is truly airtight, if you look at a situation from the right angle, you can always find a way to get what you want. And Fey have loopholes down to a science. You can make whatever deals you want, but don't expect it to not come back and bite you in whatever you have instead of an ass."
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #126

Akha taps Zrku on the back to get his attention. "Hey Zrkie... What's an ass?" He said, a bit confused.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelab View Post
    Akha taps Zrku on the back to get his attention. "Hey Zrkie... What's an ass?" He said, a bit confused.
    Something like this, Pinky says, pointing to the spot on Zrku's back directly in front of the child. His tentacles make it difficult to determine whether or not he is smiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifest Astral Construct power for 1pp, creating a pinkish, lightly glowing construct in the shape of a small donkey, with the Celerityability. It is directed not to attack, move off the aboleth, or take any hostile action. It will remain for one minute and 24 seconds. Craft check (1d20+18)[21]

We do not need a complex contract or significant help, we merely need to move on and leave this plane without creating unnecessary disruptions or antagonizing the locals. Had our arrival not been observed, we would probably have already done so.
    Last edited by phantomreader42; 2012-04-05 at 06:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon the request, Clip would move far away from Bleddyn and stay there. Usually he could make screaming people be quiet, but he wasn't in his dream anymore. Clip waited for the smart people to make their complicated promises and strategies, paying more attention than one would expect.

"Do we really have to worry about loopholes? It's kind of obvious. We go over the roots or whatever Glenda means and we tell her about stuff. Easy. You guys keep saying we have to go-go-go and we're talking at each other most of the time."

Spoiler
    Show
    Clip's aura is on, so he's probably making nearby insects explode right now.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Korino
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    "Do we really have to worry about loopholes? It's kind of obvious. We go over the roots or whatever Glenda means and we tell her about stuff. Easy. You guys keep saying we have to go-go-go and we're talking at each other most of the time."
    "It's that kind of thinking that gets people dead. Can you cover every outcome involving her not covering our trail? Even if she agrees to do it, can you individually name each being in her debt & ensure she won't just find a way to have one of them do it? I'm telling you, never trust a thing with a face bigger than the whole Tarrasque."
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Glenda: You presume much little one about loopholes. What use are dead or captured information gatherers. Now if you had something to hide from me about the nature of this reconstruction, then the pact would be put you at a disadvantage but I would hope that was not the case.

11. - Top - End - #131

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Following the conversation, even in Sylvan, Malsvir can feel himself loosing his patience. Growling with a combination of irritation and impatience, a wave of searing heat radiates from Malsvir's body for but a second before he reigns it back in.

Yes... They do tend to talk a little too much, with little progression in acting out what they discuss. We don't need a safe place, just somewhere away from here so that we can leave.

Turning towards the talking tree he continues, "Glenda was it? Would it be too much to ask for any recent news that you might of obtained concerning other planes, such as Platonis, Orbus, or even Khepria? That might help us make a decision on where to go next."

Spoiler
    Show
    No need to make Know checks since everyone else beat me too it.
    Diplomacy for info: (1d20+36)[48]
    Hopefully the tree heard some gossip or news recently that might help.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

12. - Top - End - #132

"Ok fine. Let's just go then."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

"The problem with sitting around and thinking is that you're not doing stuff. That's why I meditate instead of thinking about how I don't think as good as everyone else. Then you stop slowing everything down." Clip floated off along one of the tree's roots, half-expecting one of them to whip out a spellbook and cast something to make him stop talking.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"True, and I belive the further delay is a bad idea."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Glenda: I don't get to move much, but a little birdie told me that Orbis is becoming much more dangerous as of late. Its inhabitants are spreading out of their normal nests and abducting travelers seeking to use its portals between material realms. The flesh forest has an almost inverted problem as all of the souls seem to be drying up and only the natives are there to greet newcomers. I know nothing of the genie's desert.

16. - Top - End - #136

BlackDragon

"Well as the old saying goes, 'No bad news is good news', so it seems Platonis is the better bet of the three I listed off the top of my mind. I say we go there and hopefully get some assistance there."

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Korino

"It's that kind of thinking that gets people dead. Can you cover every outcome involving her not covering our trail? Even if she agrees to do it, can you individually name each being in her debt & ensure she won't just find a way to have one of them do it? I'm telling you, never trust a thing with a face bigger than the whole Tarrasque."
    If we do not LEAVE a trail, then there is no need to worry about covering it.

We have enough enemies, there is no need to make more. Had we instructed Glenda to self-fertilize and gone stomping along her rootsystem, she would have had no reason not to inform all and sundry of a bizarre band of rude planar travelers with no respect for the rights of others. Now, she has an incentive, however limited, to aid us, and to confound our enemies. If we minimize the amount of aid necessary, we will minimize our debt and risk, as well as hers.

The events around us have already resulted in serious alterations in at least four planes. That is valuable knowledge if we intend to survive or arrest this process.

Pinky nods his head towards Glenda in a gesture reminiscent of a bow.

I thank you for your information. Please do not tell anyone where we go, nor give them any information about our decisions as to our destination. We will leave you in peace as soon as feasible.

We can either shift out from here, or fly some distance first. I care not where we go, I will leave the decision to the rest of you.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"There's always Old Crom's place. There's only one problem...."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

BlackDragon

Doing a 'regal' bow by lowering his front legs and lowering his head towards Glenda, Malsvir stands back up shortly afterwards.

"I'm much obliged to hear what news you have, and thank you for your assistance. Maybe if we can find more information on what is going on, we will return to let you in on the current events."

Turning his head by craning his neck back to his comrades he continues.

"If no one has any complaints, I say that we shift away here. As Pinky said, we want to encounter as few residents of this plane which if we shift here rather then off a mile away we have a smaller chance of running into more witnesses."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

Eyes wide with glee & tentacles failing, the Pixilithid likes Malsvir's plan.

"YEAH YEAH! Let's do that. I promise, next plane, I'll be a super helpful worker bee, but with the deepest respect to our colossal acquaintance, I have....issues, with the Fey. Lets go barbecue us some desert critters."
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-04-06 at 11:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Korino

Eyes wide with glee & tentacles failing, the Pixilithid likes Malsvir's plan.

"YEAH YEAH! Let's do that. I promise, next plane, I'll be a super helpful worker bee, but with the deepest respect to our colossal acquaintance, I have....issues, with the Fey. Lets go barbecue us some desert critters."
    Its not entirely all that easy to tell, but its possible that the weird face that Malsvir has started to make by baring his teeth which the sides of his mouth somewhat curling upwards that its an attempted smile.

"I'm glad to hear your approval, and seeing your transformation abilities thus far, I'm sure that even if we can't find some helpful locals that you would be of some use. As to the barbecue, I'm more then willing to find me something to dine on there."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Where to?" Holding the scepter and glancing about nervosuly.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Flumph

"It is a subgenus of Equus that encompasses several species of Equidae characterized by long ears, a lean, straight-backed build, a scant tail, and a reputation for considerable toughness and endurance.

The common donkey or "ass" is the best-known representative of the subgenus, with both domesticated and feral varieties.

Ass is also used informally to refer to the buttocks or behind."

"To Platonis! Plane of non-intimate lov-uh that is to say the elemental plane of desser-uhh...desert."
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I know a place there." Activating the scepter, he draws everyone into what seems like a choatic rift. "And down the rabit hole we go." On the otherside is huge tent meteroplis. "I Give you the Great Blacksoil, Home of The Khan of sundered earthmotes. He has several vested intrests in the meterial world, so..."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145

BlackDragon

"It can also be thought of as a insult, referring to someone being rude, stupid, or inpolitely smelly like the animal or part of the body. Some people go as far to include the waste product most life exudes from such body part."

"To Platonis, as it seems to be lower in activity and we can possibly find a method to rid ourselves of our chasers way of tracking us."

26. - Top - End - #146

"Yay! Sand!" Akha shouted as soon as they landed, and he instantly went to constructing a sand castle.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Clip figured out that someone was making a sandcastle and that everyone else was busy being smart, he hovered towards Akha, making sure to contain his power that made all of the bugs explode in the fey realm.

"I can help! Can I do my godpower here? Move sand!" A glob of sand arose from the ground, spilling grains unaffected by the spell everywhere. "Yay! I think we're good now. Since we have magic now, can we just use magic or a spell to make them not find us, and then we can stay here or go home? Or is it not that easy? Mal, you said we can do that in this place. Because I kind of want to stay here for a while."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lifting 1 lb. of sundered earth motes with Prestidigation, or more with Telekinesis, whichever suits your interpretation of the rules if you're treating sand grains as separate. Both spells are in an orb. 1 round of suppression of positive energy aura.

28. - Top - End - #148

Akha smiled at Clip and his funny attitude.

"If you have such magic. But I don't think we can hide forever."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"There's also another reason I shifted us here. The Khan keeps a Innate of the Black Tower employed here. And, she can remove your Truename from existence, so far as everything but her is concerned." He looks really nervous. "She however, likes competitive games and, er, I owe her a small favour."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleddyn crossed his arms. Which was rather unnerving, considering they weren't really arms. The constant shifting of the sand in his form created a sound like a waterfall off in the distance, and the edge of his form where his feet should have been bled into the true sand of the Elemental Desert, turning it black as soot. "How small is small?"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.