New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Weirdness Ensues!

(assuming everything went okay...)

Watching as each of them took turns being freed from the eyes of Tartarus, even if temporarily, Malsvir eagerly awaits his turn. Finally after receiving his turn he looks down at his hands and flexes them almost like he was expecting something to not work.

"Hmm... Yes it seems to of worked. Hopefully it will buy us some time before they find our new True Names much like they did in the past. Now onto the next important question... What do we do now? Technically we each have no need for each other, and can easily go our separate ways."

Looking out to the distance, Malsvir continues "But then, who knows what is going on in the multiverse? We could just as easily stick together to figure out what is going on. I personally am interested in finding out what is happening and how it will effect me and my goals of eventually being able to retire with a vast hoard to sleep on. What is everyone else wanting to do?"

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

They want to end reality. I like reality as it is. I have all my stuff here. Also, this should kill some time. And I've always been intrested in a "adventure". Also, this should afford me ample opertunities to advance in a direction I've always wanted to go in.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Each of us, among many others, was imprisoned on the grounds that we pose a threat to the Reconstruction. Logically, this implies that there exists some means of preventing it, as if the Reconstruction were inevitable it could not be threatened.

I have never saved the world before. It sounds like something worth trying. It sounds like fun.
    Last edited by phantomreader42; 2012-04-10 at 01:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"Ooh, strawberry tart thank you."

Korino will munch happily on the flavoured mush.

"The squid-man makes a good point Malsvir, end of the material Plane isn't exactly a great outcome for any of us. We've gone this long without killing one another, I reckon we can go a while longer.

I reckon we should move on from here though, Genies are perceptive, they may have noticed my little display. Maybe one of your worlds, see if we can track down a Reconstructer? Is Reconstructer a word? Well, it is now."
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I know a world or two. I warn you though, they have this bias aginst magic and the supernatural. Last time I was there, they ran around screaming that I wasn't possible. Maybe they know something? I only mention it due to the fact that if the meterial is being altered into something drasticaly diffrent, a plase thats the polar opposite of standard reality would be a logical place to look. That, and it's fun messing with them.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    "The squid-man makes a good point Malsvir, end of the material Plane isn't exactly a great outcome for any of us. We've gone this long without killing one another, I reckon we can go a while longer.
    "... Yes, fine. I don't exactly wish for the Material plane to cease as that is where I find my easiest prey. Not to mention that outside of the Elemental Earth Plane, the Material plane is where I find most of my precious gems and metals..."

"I reckon we should move on from here though, Genies are perceptive, they may have noticed my little display. Maybe one of your worlds, see if we can track down a Reconstructer? Is Reconstructer a word? Well, it is now."
    "I don't do much traveling outside of to hide after a conflict has started, and even then its typically a short jaunt over to Gehenna. I'm open to other places that people can come up with as long as I can reasonably 'co-exist' with as a tiefling. All my other forms aren't as... Welcomed I suppose the word would be."
    Last edited by Igneel; 2012-04-10 at 02:09 PM.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

7. - Top - End - #217

Flumph

"While I do not have any strong motivation to save the material plane, the name "Reconstruction" implies that it would simply be a temporary destruction whereafter a new order would be brought into place. Following the advice of the old adage 'better the devil you know' I will help to stop this reconstruction business."
    Quote Originally Posted by ahenobarbi View Post
    I figure that's why d&d gods do so little - they're busy taking psychotherapy sessions to get rid of all the voices they hear.
    May have a optimization addiction.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Korino

"I never liked that saying. The Devil you know has a lot more leverage over you than one you've never met before, it's just how they are.

The saying should be "Better the Demon you know" because if you actually know a Demon it means you've either hammered out a truce with them or they're just too afraid of you to backstab you. Whereas a new Demon will as likely rob you as look as you if they think they can get away with it."
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-04-10 at 02:28 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

9. - Top - End - #219

"Thank you." he said in response to his true name being changed.

"Why don't we just go to the material plane? I've lived there most of my life and I can tell you it's not that bad."
    Extended Hombrew Signature

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow, that was cool. Really cool! Thanks! Now we're all safe! Now what?" Clip lowered halfway into the ground. "The Reconstruction thing? I say Pinky has good logic. Are we the only ones who can stop it? If so, let's do it! I'm kind of mad that they popped my bubble, anyway, so I kind of want to hit them a bunch."

There was no indication in Clip's ethereal voice that he felt any actual frustration.

"And I don't really know where to go, and all of yuu guys are pretty fun and nice and I'm not going to be able to do anything without smart people like you figuring stuff out."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleddyn felt the magic of the Genie flow over him, reaching into his past, changing and rearranging the basic building blocks of who he was. A new Name had most certainly been given. The swarm shimmered, and flared as the magic took hold, but eventually calmed down, once again forming into that familiar, generally humanoid shape. He considered the words of his compatriots. This Reconstruction, from his point of view, might not be such a bad thing. If the current cycle of life and rebirth was disrupted, it might mean that Gehenna too would be disrupted, either enough to end his miserable existance, or to allow him to end the plane himself. But Bleddyn didn't know enough about what the Reconstruction meant; it was equally possible that such an act would solidify the current planar structure even more, making his freedom an impossibility. "I will accompany you all for a time, if merely because I have no wish to be found by Hellina. On one condition." The swarm shaped itself into a giant mouth, which turned towards Clip. "YOU STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS POSSIBLE!"
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I didn't really have a choice you know...." he's looking (somehow) sheepish. "And I think I know a good place to look..... The plane of memory."

OOC;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or it's equilvent. I'm going with, this is huge and happened before, so maybe the universe itself has a fragment of memory about it.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Clip bolted away from Bleddyn, almost unseen due to increasing depth in the ground.

"What? I didn't do anything? What's wrong? Sorry!? Go poof."

Clip would disappear suddenly. After a few moments, his voice would be heard:

"HEY! IS THIS FAR ENOUGH?"

If anyone cared to look up, they would see a red and white twinkle somewhere in the sky.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleport. Ignore second quote if this Seen Once roll is bad enough: (1d100)[30]

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clip, you are made of pure positive energy, the power of life. He is made of pure negative energy, the power of death. If you came into contact with each other, you'd cancel each other out in a painful fashion, but becuase he's a lich, he'd come back. And if what i've heard, and overheard, is true, he can't be killed permentalty.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

"Correct on all counts. And as the process of dying and being reborn is exceedingly painful for me, I would greatly prefer it if you did not touch me. Ever." The swarm mouth grimaced(which, considering it was only a mouth, look very odd indeed), and changed back into its regular shape, the point made. "The Plane of Memory, you say? Never actually visited. Though in retrospect, it may have been useful in my research. I could get us there, as I have a Plane Shift spell prepared. Unless someone else has an easier way."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You method should be good. Besides, I need to check some old memories. I only keep about 50 billion years worth in me at a time, and so it might be that I know something about this, but I don't have enough memories at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Korino

"I never liked that saying. The Devil you know has a lot more leverage over you than one you've never met before, it's just how they are.

The saying should be "Better the Demon you know" because if you actually know a Demon it means you've either hammered out a truce with them or they're just too afraid of you to backstab you. Whereas a new Demon will as likely rob you as look as you if they think they can get away with it."
    "I don't know why, but for some reason I find that somewhat insulting. Maybe its because I'm 'friends' with devils, or maybe because demons are slightly more chaotic then devils? In any case you shouldn't trust either of them, or their ilk. Even if you can throw them a certain distance..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsage Matt View Post
    "I didn't really have a choice you know...." he's looking (somehow) sheepish. "And I think I know a good place to look..... The plane of memory."
    "An interesting proposition. What kind of plane is it exactly, as in will I have to fly or depend on someone else for magic to protect me? How will we find what we are looking for, or know if we found it?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The plane of memory is a bit of a misnomer. It's a lower part of hypnos made of solid memories. It can get, unsusal, or lethal, depending on what your thinking of at the time, and what you may have forgtten you've forgotten.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"IS IT OKAY IF I GET ANY CLOSER THAN THIS? BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE QUIET FROM UP HERE."

The twinkle in the sky radiated a few strands of of light.

Spoiler
    Show
    At-will Positive Energy Rays into the air.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bleddyn's just a little nervous. Your both capable of killing each other on contact, and he wants to minimize that risk. Also, the negative energy that makes up his body might be infulencing his mind to try and.... well, he might not want to to kill you.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

"He has cooties!" Akha shouts at the positive energy being way up in the sky.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Clip's twinkling body fell from the sky at a steady, quick pace until he stopped about 200 feet from the group, hovering about 50 feet above the ground. She still spoke loudly:

"I think this is good. Do any of you know ways to protect Bleddyn from the stuff I'm made of, or me from the stuff Bleddyn is made of? Or both? And maybe some anti-cootie shields?"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

no, they're merely made of two primal forces of life and death that are anthema to each other and connont noramly exist. The clashing energys inside me want me to just.. Destroy everything. I keep have flashbacks.... I think I used to be a lot more.... well, happy and brutal. I've mellowed out. Still, you try living with a body thats ripping itself apart. All of a sudden theres a flux around Clip. "There, that should ward you from negative energy, I don't know the positive energy varient."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Deathward
    Last edited by Grimsage Matt; 2012-04-11 at 08:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

The world of sand and sky disappear in an instant to be replaced ever so briefly by a starry void. As soon as the party enters its presence creates a ripple in the essence of the realm, sending it into turbulence. It is dominated however by the many planets and locales Matt has visited in his long life and the rolling magma sea of Gehenna. The party itself is protected by a 100 foot diameter bubble of stability centered on Clip, his constant elated mental state apparently unable to be overwhelmed by the emotions associated with his memories. Within the bubble you can see three rocks made to look like the realm's original starry void. Within each rock is a seemingly petrified humanoid skeletons.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oooh. We're here! And it's really pretty!" Had Clip a head, it would be turning continuously as he looked at the variety of planets and sights distant from him. "Can we go to that one!?" After making sure Bleddyn wasn't in the way, Clip shot a positive energy ray in the direction of a distant, icy locale with thunderclouds hovering over it. "And what are those? Rock people? Is this real or am I in a dream bubble again?"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Both and neither. We're in the memory shaped parts of hypnos. What you're seening is the colloective memories of a few thousand billion years. But, enough time spent dwelling on my past. Lets try to find the primes memory crystal, and Clip, follow your instricts.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

"So we're not allowed to touch anything?" Akha said grabbing a handful of candy and eating it one by one.
    Last edited by Wavelab; 2012-04-13 at 07:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually, I think it means we don't ever have enough time ever to touch all of the things. Also, memories mean most of the things are going to be about very happy or very sad things. Probably!" Clip approached the rock skeletons. "This? Not happy. Let's make it happy!" He zapped each one in turn with a positive energy ray, then his body moved about twenty feet towards the ice and clouds.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I gesture toward Clip with one of my rings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ring of Elemental Command (Positive)
    Use Greater Restoration (Can use at will, so......)

"Clip, don't! I have seen the birth and deaths of entire solar systems! There are places in here that I'm afraid of!" He manages to ctach up to clip and restores his mind. "As for not touching anything, just treat it with extreme caution. As I have litteraly seen things that would make a Demon seriously take up a good relgion. And you probobly shouldn't have done that....."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon being zapped the petrified skeletons begin to move. Each is straining against their earthen bounds to stare at Matt. The one nearest the Aeon is able to free its arms and reach out toward him.

Skeleton1: Why did you abandon us?

Skeleton2: We were faithful worshipers.

Skeleton3: The skies burned, and star winked out.

Skeleton1: When they came with burning chariots and horrid fungus, we took up arms.

Skeleton2: When that was not enough we pleaded for you our creator and god.

Skeleton3: Children born as empty husks. The dead did not enter heaven, but ceased to be.

Skeleton1: We had to bind you and drag you kicking and screaming to face them.

Skeleton2: Why did you side with the Star King, lord. Our souls would find no rest in the remade world.

Skeleton3: Creator said he did not recognize us. Began talking as the rebuilders, the Star Children.

Skeleton1: You are nothing more than a traitor. We hope they find you to be just as useless as they found us when you abandoned us your children.

After saying their fill, each skeleton falls back into a resting position against their stone. The life force from Clip's initial bursts seem to have run dry.