Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    You each venture off in your own directions, seeking clues. It is still early afternoon.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your check results were sent via PM. Please let me know if you didn't get yours.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Walking around a bit aimlessly, Han decides to check the only building that catches his attention, the meeting hall, hoping that he can find something useful there:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: (1d20+2)[7]
    Search: (1d20-1)[13]
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi after ecounters in the temple, heads back to find his commrades. Once he does, he ask if any of them has a rope.

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li takes his time carting out the food and supplies he has found around town, and bringing them back to the town center. He and the others will can divvy them up later when they are more settled. Hearing Vir ask for rope, Li stops and reaches into his pack to produce 100ft of black silk rope.
    Planning on checking out the temple? There is a hole in its roof. Figure, either something blasted it in, or someone blasted it out. Might wanna see what the best guess for the cause is...if'n you're headed that way.


  5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek wanders around looking for anything that could help. When he finally figures somethin useful out he turns to the others. "These bodies wernt killed where they lay, at least no most of them. They were moved after they died. Raiders and soldiers dont do that except to bury their own. Somehow it seems like they took their time with this. Almost like a large scale assassination..." He realizes his statement makes little sense, and hopes that he got his poitn across clear enough.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    When Han returns, pale, and with the smell of death around him he just hears Tilmek finishing his sentence.
    He takes a deep breath and tries to keep the images out of his mind as well as possible.
    The bodies... They are all at the meeting hall.
    Here Han turns even paler, and he takes a minute to regain himself.
    It is horrible, most of them are burned, but the ones who weren't clearly showed that the people who did this were professionals. The townsfolk here didn't stand a single chance. They were just slaughtered. Han says all this with a harsh look on his face, and a bit shivering.
    You clearly notice that whatever he saw there, has had a deep impact on him.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "It looks that whoever burned the temple, was a professional and had a lot of time to do it. Place was coated with oil, but not looted." Vir-Sashi says."We should give the bodies some sort of funeral, don't you agree?"

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han nods.
    We should, but I don't... I don't know if I can go back in there. he says, staring into the distance.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Then I'll go, my friend. You go to the temple with Li, and I try to think of a way to sent the dead to their last voyage. Timlek, will you help me?"

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Nervous about seeing what ever was in there, Tilmek speaks up, "....Sure. You shouldnt have to go by yourself." he falls into step behind Vir-Sashi
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

  11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road Home: (Necahual and Coanacoch)
    Spoiler
    Show
    About a half hour has passed since you left for home. The goblins, tied to the mule like luggage, grumble and fuss to each other in their own language. On either side of you is the outskirts of the farming region of Cliffside.

    In the Meeting Hall: (Tilmek and Vir-Shashi)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you pass through the entrance, you feel a sudden impact hits you all over, like belly flopping into a pool. Once on the other side of the threshold, the stench of death assails you as instantly as if the scent had been bottled. The main chamber looks like something strait out of hell: blood, boiled to the floor, corpses charred and melted. The walls are blacker than night, and the ceiling above has burned away and collapsed. But what really stands out it the overwhelming horror of death. Corpses are piled so thick, you can barely find any patches of floor.

    Roll Fort Save vs. Nausea

    At the Temple: (Han Chun Li and Li)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of the temple is burnt rubble. Simply walking through it is a risky effort.

    If you wish to explore the temple, please roll Balance checks and a Reflex save.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-04 at 10:30 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20] edit in my actions after seeing the roll
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual (the female, by the way, not the other way around like you thought) dutifully moves on, watching the goblins but doing little else about them.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  14. - Top - End - #344
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanoch dutifully follows with his sister, being more mindful of the mule but paying attention to the passengers as well.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Li begins to walk carefully through the rubble trying not to disturb anything that looks like it is supporting weight.
    Ref (1d20+8)[9]
    Balance (1d20+8)[21]

    *Damn! First nat 1 of the campaign!
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-06-05 at 12:47 AM.


  16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fort Save (1d20+7)[8]


    Vir-Sashi runs out of the building, falls on his knees and immiediately starts vomiting in the middle of the road.
    "Horrible...Gods....what....what a monster could...." He mubles to himself, between the vomits.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-06-05 at 08:10 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Not much is happening on the road home at the moment...

    In the Meeting Hall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek manages to keep his stomach in. Vir-Sashi, not so much, but as you cross the threshold of the door again, you feel that same belly-flop sensation. When you finally do stop vomiting, you realize that the air immediately outside the building is fresh. Then you hear a crash over by the temple.


    At the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The floor creaks beneath Han and Li's feet. Han manages to leap aside at the last second, but Li falls straight through the floor, bringing debris with him. Li hammers into a large table, which caves in from the impact. Miraculously, Li is barely scratched from the incident. Han's leap doesn't save him completely though, and with the weakened floor, he can't get the distance he needs to clear the widening hole between him and solid ground. As he descends toward the floor below, his forward momentum brings him within reach of a support beam that hasn't crumbled.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You just missed the Reflex Save by 1 point, Han. You can attempt to catch yourself on the support beam, or count this as a jump down to take non-lethal damage. It's about a 15 foot drop.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Li groans as he hits the table and again but louder as he hits the floor. He rolls over and back to his feet as he begins to look around trying to gain his barings.
    Spot (1d20+11)[20]
    Listen(1d20+11)[27]


  19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    From the moment Han enters the temple, he becomes unconsciously aware of the floor not really supporting them, and from the moment the floor gives way, his body moves instinctively and leaps out of the way. Seeing that he might not make it, he makes a final attempt at catching the only grip he can see.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Strength check if I can grab it and hold it
    (1d20+1)[7]
    Another balance check to hold on to it (I hope these are the right checks for this :))
    (1d20+7)[8]
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    'Timlek, something happened at the temple!" Vir-Sashi yells to Timlek, and runs to see if his friends are safe.

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you leave the farmlands behind you, you see off in the horizon a cart and horse ambling along the muddy path in your direction. There's a hunched over merchant sitting on the cart's bench.


    At the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Li looks around, he sees what appears to be a secret cellar. Barrels, crates, and chests are neatly organized and stored away on shelves and labelled. It's really dark down there, so you can't make out much, but the table did have a candle on it that is now rolling on the ground next to you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (BTW, I forgot to state that you suffered 2 pts of damage on your fall)


    Han's grip slips loose of the beam, but it slows his fall enough to let him land heavily, but safely, on the ground in the cellar below. You can make out each other's silhouettes, and some aspect of the room, but all detail is swallowed by the darkness.


    Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you make it to the temple, you can't see your comrades. Instead, you see a large hole towards the back of the temple, and dust floating around it.


    Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whachoo gonna' do, bad boy, bad boy? If you stay and investigate, we'll slip back into PMs. If you follow Vir, we'll keep it all in spoilers.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Vir-Sashi goes to investigate the hole. He moves slowly and carefully, in case of any danger.

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    The nice thing about roommates is the ability to quick banter. Paul is here, and so this is a brief transcription so as not to sign out and he signs in and signs out and I sign in ....

    Necahual notes the carriage first. "Coanacoch, up ahead. The wagon."

    Coanacoch replies, "I see it. This man is in for a shock if he's looking to do business in town."

    Necahual, more suspicious, says, "Uh-huh. Well, run up there and see where he's going."

    Coanaoch nods his head and trots up to greet the horse and cart, but making sure not to exceed 120' (40 yds) from his sister.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li reaches into his robes and draws a sunrod. He strikes it as he looks at Han. "That...hurt. You okay?"


  25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han stands up and looks around: Yes, I'm fine, what do you think this might be? he asks as he reads some labels in the light of the sunrod.
    Last edited by zever; 2012-06-07 at 12:31 AM.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Coanacoch closes in, he can see that the man appears to be an elderly merchant, humming a jolly tune. His cart is full of various boxes and chests. He smiles and waves as he closes in on you. "Good afternoon, my dear!" His grin is toothless, but friendly.


    In the Cellar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As light fills the room, you see a middle aged woman and three children lying on the floor: two boys and a girl.

    Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When the sunrod is struck, you see Li and Han clearly but the swirling dust obstructs a lot of your view other than that.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    If I had to make a guess...its a storage cellar. Supplies and the like for the temple's religious ceremonies. Might find a few useful trinkets in here, but I doubt much...else... Li's voice trailed off as he noticed the woman and children on the ground. He wasn't sure if they were alive or not, and if pressed he bet so, but still curiousity got the better of him. Slowly, he began to approach them, while signaling Han to be queit and follow suit.


  28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    It was only until Li motioned to him that he saw the bodies on the floor. For a moment, he had a flashback of what he saw at the meeting hall, but he quickly regained his composure, maybe these ones were still alive! He follows Li looking at the bodies, hoping to see any sign of life in there.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Guys! Are you okay?! Do you need help?!" Vir-Sashi yells into the hole, hoping that Li and Han will hear him.

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek runs over to the hole. And looks down, concerned for his friends.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •