New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

You each venture off in your own directions, seeking clues. It is still early afternoon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your check results were sent via PM. Please let me know if you didn't get yours.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Walking around a bit aimlessly, Han decides to check the only building that catches his attention, the meeting hall, hoping that he can find something useful there:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+2)[7]
    Search: (1d20-1)[13]

3. - Top - End - #333
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi after ecounters in the temple, heads back to find his commrades. Once he does, he ask if any of them has a rope.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Li takes his time carting out the food and supplies he has found around town, and bringing them back to the town center. He and the others will can divvy them up later when they are more settled. Hearing Vir ask for rope, Li stops and reaches into his pack to produce 100ft of black silk rope.
    Planning on checking out the temple? There is a hole in its roof. Figure, either something blasted it in, or someone blasted it out. Might wanna see what the best guess for the cause is...if'n you're headed that way.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek wanders around looking for anything that could help. When he finally figures somethin useful out he turns to the others. "These bodies wernt killed where they lay, at least no most of them. They were moved after they died. Raiders and soldiers dont do that except to bury their own. Somehow it seems like they took their time with this. Almost like a large scale assassination..." He realizes his statement makes little sense, and hopes that he got his poitn across clear enough.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

When Han returns, pale, and with the smell of death around him he just hears Tilmek finishing his sentence.
    He takes a deep breath and tries to keep the images out of his mind as well as possible.
    The bodies... They are all at the meeting hall.
    Here Han turns even paler, and he takes a minute to regain himself.
    It is horrible, most of them are burned, but the ones who weren't clearly showed that the people who did this were professionals. The townsfolk here didn't stand a single chance. They were just slaughtered. Han says all this with a harsh look on his face, and a bit shivering.
    You clearly notice that whatever he saw there, has had a deep impact on him.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Banned

Goblin

"It looks that whoever burned the temple, was a professional and had a lot of time to do it. Place was coated with oil, but not looted." Vir-Sashi says."We should give the bodies some sort of funeral, don't you agree?"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han nods.
    We should, but I don't... I don't know if I can go back in there. he says, staring into the distance.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

Goblin

"Then I'll go, my friend. You go to the temple with Li, and I try to think of a way to sent the dead to their last voyage. Timlek, will you help me?"

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Nervous about seeing what ever was in there, Tilmek speaks up, "....Sure. You shouldnt have to go by yourself." he falls into step behind Vir-Sashi

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road Home: (Necahual and Coanacoch)
    Spoiler
    Show
    About a half hour has passed since you left for home. The goblins, tied to the mule like luggage, grumble and fuss to each other in their own language. On either side of you is the outskirts of the farming region of Cliffside.

In the Meeting Hall: (Tilmek and Vir-Shashi)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you pass through the entrance, you feel a sudden impact hits you all over, like belly flopping into a pool. Once on the other side of the threshold, the stench of death assails you as instantly as if the scent had been bottled. The main chamber looks like something strait out of hell: blood, boiled to the floor, corpses charred and melted. The walls are blacker than night, and the ceiling above has burned away and collapsed. But what really stands out it the overwhelming horror of death. Corpses are piled so thick, you can barely find any patches of floor.

Roll Fort Save vs. Nausea

At the Temple: (Han Chun Li and Li)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of the temple is burnt rubble. Simply walking through it is a risky effort.

If you wish to explore the temple, please roll Balance checks and a Reflex save.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-04 at 10:30 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20] edit in my actions after seeing the roll

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual (the female, by the way, not the other way around like you thought) dutifully moves on, watching the goblins but doing little else about them.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

14. - Top - End - #344
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanoch dutifully follows with his sister, being more mindful of the mule but paying attention to the passengers as well.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Li begins to walk carefully through the rubble trying not to disturb anything that looks like it is supporting weight.
    Ref (1d20+8)[9]
    Balance (1d20+8)[21]

*Damn! First nat 1 of the campaign!
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-06-05 at 12:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

Fort Save (1d20+7)[8]

Vir-Sashi runs out of the building, falls on his knees and immiediately starts vomiting in the middle of the road.
    "Horrible...Gods....what....what a monster could...." He mubles to himself, between the vomits.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-06-05 at 08:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Not much is happening on the road home at the moment...

In the Meeting Hall:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek manages to keep his stomach in. Vir-Sashi, not so much, but as you cross the threshold of the door again, you feel that same belly-flop sensation. When you finally do stop vomiting, you realize that the air immediately outside the building is fresh. Then you hear a crash over by the temple.

At the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The floor creaks beneath Han and Li's feet. Han manages to leap aside at the last second, but Li falls straight through the floor, bringing debris with him. Li hammers into a large table, which caves in from the impact. Miraculously, Li is barely scratched from the incident. Han's leap doesn't save him completely though, and with the weakened floor, he can't get the distance he needs to clear the widening hole between him and solid ground. As he descends toward the floor below, his forward momentum brings him within reach of a support beam that hasn't crumbled.

Spoiler
    Show
    You just missed the Reflex Save by 1 point, Han. You can attempt to catch yourself on the support beam, or count this as a jump down to take non-lethal damage. It's about a 15 foot drop.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Li groans as he hits the table and again but louder as he hits the floor. He rolls over and back to his feet as he begins to look around trying to gain his barings.
    Spot (1d20+11)[20]
    Listen(1d20+11)[27]

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Spoiler
    Show
    From the moment Han enters the temple, he becomes unconsciously aware of the floor not really supporting them, and from the moment the floor gives way, his body moves instinctively and leaps out of the way. Seeing that he might not make it, he makes a final attempt at catching the only grip he can see.
    Spoiler
    Show

Strength check if I can grab it and hold it
    (1d20+1)[7]
    Another balance check to hold on to it (I hope these are the right checks for this :))
    (1d20+7)[8]

20. - Top - End - #350
    Banned

Goblin

'Timlek, something happened at the temple!" Vir-Sashi yells to Timlek, and runs to see if his friends are safe.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you leave the farmlands behind you, you see off in the horizon a cart and horse ambling along the muddy path in your direction. There's a hunched over merchant sitting on the cart's bench.

At the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Li looks around, he sees what appears to be a secret cellar. Barrels, crates, and chests are neatly organized and stored away on shelves and labelled. It's really dark down there, so you can't make out much, but the table did have a candle on it that is now rolling on the ground next to you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (BTW, I forgot to state that you suffered 2 pts of damage on your fall)

Han's grip slips loose of the beam, but it slows his fall enough to let him land heavily, but safely, on the ground in the cellar below. You can make out each other's silhouettes, and some aspect of the room, but all detail is swallowed by the darkness.

Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you make it to the temple, you can't see your comrades. Instead, you see a large hole towards the back of the temple, and dust floating around it.

Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whachoo gonna' do, bad boy, bad boy? If you stay and investigate, we'll slip back into PMs. If you follow Vir, we'll keep it all in spoilers.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show

Vir-Sashi goes to investigate the hole. He moves slowly and carefully, in case of any danger.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The nice thing about roommates is the ability to quick banter. Paul is here, and so this is a brief transcription so as not to sign out and he signs in and signs out and I sign in ....

Necahual notes the carriage first. "Coanacoch, up ahead. The wagon."

Coanacoch replies, "I see it. This man is in for a shock if he's looking to do business in town."

Necahual, more suspicious, says, "Uh-huh. Well, run up there and see where he's going."

Coanaoch nods his head and trots up to greet the horse and cart, but making sure not to exceed 120' (40 yds) from his sister.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Li reaches into his robes and draws a sunrod. He strikes it as he looks at Han. "That...hurt. You okay?"

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han stands up and looks around: Yes, I'm fine, what do you think this might be? he asks as he reads some labels in the light of the sunrod.
    Last edited by zever; 2012-06-07 at 12:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Coanacoch closes in, he can see that the man appears to be an elderly merchant, humming a jolly tune. His cart is full of various boxes and chests. He smiles and waves as he closes in on you. "Good afternoon, my dear!" His grin is toothless, but friendly.

In the Cellar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As light fills the room, you see a middle aged woman and three children lying on the floor: two boys and a girl.

Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When the sunrod is struck, you see Li and Han clearly but the swirling dust obstructs a lot of your view other than that.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

If I had to make a guess...its a storage cellar. Supplies and the like for the temple's religious ceremonies. Might find a few useful trinkets in here, but I doubt much...else... Li's voice trailed off as he noticed the woman and children on the ground. He wasn't sure if they were alive or not, and if pressed he bet so, but still curiousity got the better of him. Slowly, he began to approach them, while signaling Han to be queit and follow suit.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

It was only until Li motioned to him that he saw the bodies on the floor. For a moment, he had a flashback of what he saw at the meeting hall, but he quickly regained his composure, maybe these ones were still alive! He follows Li looking at the bodies, hoping to see any sign of life in there.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Banned

Goblin

"Guys! Are you okay?! Do you need help?!" Vir-Sashi yells into the hole, hoping that Li and Han will hear him.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek runs over to the hole. And looks down, concerned for his friends.