New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Tilmek looks up at the second floor and has an idea. "Vir, do you think you could give me a boost up there?"
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

2. - Top - End - #392
    Banned

Goblin

"Sure." Vir-Sashi says and stands in position to do so."Ready whenever you are."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Name is Sam. Sam Dunagee. I've been running this trade route from Dugeddinvale to Cliffside for more'n 50 years. Most of the farmers let me sell their stuff too, since they can't be bothered to leave their farms much during the spring anyhow. What's your name, son?" He appears to be trying to stabilize emotionally, preferring the social banter over outright balling. But his voice cracks a lot... especially at the part where he refers to you as "son." He tips his hat at Necahual as well, "And yours, my dear?"

In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a quick alley-oop, Vixsor is launched up to a height where he can easily scramble to a sturdier part of the stairs. Some choking debris falls on Vir-Sashi and the ground around him, but other than that, the stairs hold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek's experiences are now out of sight of the group, so I'll send the rest via PM.

In the Cellar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you categorize the items within, you find a week's worth of dried fruits, vegetables and meats, close to a dozen pairs of Peasant's Outfits of varying sizes, a crate full of literature of various kinds, a box of cleaning and grooming supplies, a chest labelled "Alms" and an open box of holy symbols, aside from the chest marked "Volatile."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-17 at 07:37 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Revealing hidden post.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember, this guy is looking at two people that walked right out of the movie APOCALYPTO, but in this case they're albinos and the female is significantly stronger.

"Necahual," she says, "and that is my brother Coanacoch."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Li groans at what they found.
    Plenty of food and clothes...guess the abbey won't mind taking it all to redistrube once their other boys get here. No weapons at all though...you think this place would have had more than just kitchen knives to defend itself with.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam looks over to Necahual and nods. "It's a shame we met under such circumstances. I hadn't planned to backtrack, but we should make camp at the temple of Fharlanghn. It ain't much, but it's better than stopping close to the bridge. The highwaymen there are nettled about something. They've increased their rate and their numbers. We won't have a restful night anywhere near their campsite."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual nods and says, "Good wisdom, elder."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

@ Vir-Sashi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a crashing sound, and see Tilmek's foot go through the floor about 30' feet to the left front of you. Then you hear the the walls groan at the strain. The few remaining support beams holding up the room above begin to twist and strain.

In the Cellar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a dull thud and a snapping sound above you. Dust shakes loose and dances in the sunrod light.

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the hold-up. Once they're done with the play-by-play antics of this mini-dungeon crawl, your side of the game will speed up. I promise. I have some stuff planned for you.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han answers Li I guess this was more a storage room for them. They probably kept their weapons somewhere else, maybe outside the temple.
    When the dust settles, Han shouts: Are you guys alright up there? Any sign of a key yet?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Banned

Goblin

"Timlek! Are you alright?" Vir-Sashi yells to Timlek and then, because he clearly needs help, he runs to the hole Li and Han are in. "Things are gonna fall on our heads in a moment! I don't know how large the destruction may be, you guys getter get out of there! And we need to get Timlek down, he's still up there!" he yells to them.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-06-23 at 10:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han runs for the rope and tries to climb up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb: 1d20+1

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Re-rolling, might need a little more sleep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb: [roll0]

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Li takes off for the rope hooking the sunrod into his belt on the way. He jumps for the rope hoping to cut some time off of his trek up.

Spoiler
    Show
    High Jump: (1d20+2)[6]
    Climb: (1d20+2)[8] [

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han tries to concentrate harder, and close the remaining gap between the cellar and the temple floor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Climb: (1d20+1)[5]

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

In the Cellar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Han manages to scramble up to the ledge, with Li right behind him. (Li will make it up next attempt on a successful roll, assuming the whole thing doesn't come crashing down on him).

In the Temple (You too Han):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The upper floor sways and groans like a ship at sea. Tilmek's leg flails for a bit and then slips through the crack, vanishing back up into the floor above, tearing a line of clothing, which dangles from a broken floorboard.

As Vir-Sashi helps pull Han to a stand, Han notices that two people on the rope has strained its anchor fiercely. The base of the pew is leaning hard towards the rope's pull. You can tell that the wood has splintered free of two of the bolts holding the base in place.

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam nods a thank you at Necahual's compliment, then turns to inspect the two a little more closely. "The sun's going to burn you two alive, unless the air gives you frostbite first. I'm surprised it hasn't already. If you'd like, check this crate here." He pats a crate labelled Clearance before continuing on. "It's full of winter clothing that I couldn't sell. Hats, cloaks, boots. Things like that. Help yourself. I'd just have to store 'em for another year otherwise."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

17. - Top - End - #407
    Colossus in the Playground

"Thank you, Sam," says Coanacoch and he will look in the box and take something that will keep him warmer, but not restrict his movements. He will then give the same to his big sister.

"Ready?" says Coanococh, ready to return to the monastery. He will keep an eye on the goblins, though. Not just for security, but the monks are now responsible for them, and it wouldn't do for them to be gobsickles when we get back to the monastery.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Banned

Goblin

"Han, run to see what's with Timlek, help him get down, I'll help Li." Vir-Sashi says and tries to pul lthe rope, before it snaps.

Spoiler
    Show

Aid Another on Use Rope or climb, depending on whichever is necessary.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek shouts throughthe hole. "I'm ok!" his voice quivering with fear and adrenaline. "I slipped, but I'm fine! I'm going to try and come back down!"

Spoiler
    Show
    can I take 10? If I can then I get a 17. If not ill use this roll

(1d20+7)[24]
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-06-25 at 08:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han runs to where he can hear the shouting of Tilmek to see if he can be of any help to get him back down.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual takes the clothes offered by her brother. She has little to no modesty in this regard and simply changes right there She'll only acquiesce to convention if Sam is obviously uncomfortable.

She nods for the trio and their goblin/donkey entourage to continue ...
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-06-26 at 04:31 AM.
    Current Games

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam looks to Necahual and Coanacoch approvingly as they select some solid winter wear, then quickly looks away as Necahual begins to undress. Clearing his throat nervously, Sam begins to ramble on about the weather... both complaining about its harshness and defending its seasonal beauty and comparing it all to when he was younger. He pauses mid-sentence from time to time, as if losing his train of thought, then picks up right where he left off. A distant rumble startles the horse leading the cart. Sam pulls a bit on the reigns and squints his old eyes to peer off into the distance. "The hells was that? Thunder? I don't see no clouds."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+3)[22]

"Damn!" Sam spits and comes back with a scowl. "Ogres." He points off to a section of trees up ahead where a small band of large humanoid shapes are crashing through the wilderness, apparently in pursuit of something. "I don't think they seen us. Maybe we can wait it out." He pulls his cart off to the side of the road and pulls out a beat up old heavy crossbow he'd kept hidden under his bench and begins to load it.

Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Springing as lightly as possible from memory of which boards were still solid, you manage to make it back to the door, but you hear a loud snapping sound like the amplified pop of a back breaking and the room twists hard, snapping the door off its lower hinge and dipping the room at a sloping angle, sending you sprawling. You manage to catch your footing somewhat, but end up in a kneeling position, within reach of the entryway. Furniture, nic nacs and debris begin scraping along the wooden floors like an army advancing toward you. Then you hear a loud crash as a wardrobe goes smashing through the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a collapse. Roll a Reflex Save (DC 15).

Han:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see one of the support beams holding up the second floor snap halfway through and bend sharply like a tree being chopped down. The room above leans heavily, and you know it's going to all come crashing down in mere seconds. About 15 feet in front of you, you see a wardrobe smash through the ceiling and crush the platform onto which the priest would hold his sermon. The pew skids off and tumbles onto the floor. The sounds of wood splintering and heavy crashing from the room above you give the impression of death and chaos. The room swings over the pews, tearing away from the hallway stairs, which sag onto the floor and slowly flatten like a severely wounded beast. You get a glimpse of Tilmek as he is just about to reach the door, but falls away out of sight as if his feet were snatched out from underneath him.

Vir-Sashi and Li:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vir-Sashi's powerful tug on the rope yanks Li free of the cellar. He flops half onto the ground, with his feet dangling in the cellar below.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-26 at 09:07 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

23. - Top - End - #413
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi quickly pulls Li up completely.
    "Han! Timlek! We need to get out, this place is going to fall apart in a moment!" He yells, helping Li stand up.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han yells back: You guys go on ahead, I'll check on Tilmek. and without wasting any time he tries to move to where he saw Tilmek fall.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Banned

Goblin

"No way! We're getting out all or none!" Vir-Sashi says and runs to help Han with Timlek.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    reflex save (1d20+5)[9] .......crap.
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-06-26 at 10:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Li is ripped to his feet, he starts running with Vir and Han. All or none...just like Vir said. They would either all live or all perish.
    We have to hurry! If anything collapses on tnat crate we are all going to meet our end before the roof ever touches the ground!"

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual takes cover and guides the donkey-con-goblins over as well. She gets her sling out and loads a bullet, attempting to peer up to see the giants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen/Spot (1d20+9)[26]
    Current Games

29. - Top - End - #419
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanacoch is more attentive to Sam and the goblins, but he likewise takes cover and tries to see what the others do ...

Listen/Spot (1d20+5)[25]
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A rather large horde of wild boars come stampeding across the road about 150 feet ahead of you, and behind them in hot pursuit is the whooping band of ogres brandishing hunting weapons and cheering loudly. You can see three of the ugly brutes blast into the clearing. One of them takes a brutal swipe at a boar and hits it clean in the flank, sending it flying thirty feet in your direction where it skids across the ground to a halt. Feebly, the broken boar struggles to regain its feet, but the ogre charges in, roaring something in its native language.

"Damn..." Sam whispers. The goblins look very shaken and try their best to melt into the mule.

In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The final support beam holding the upper room snaps under the strain and the upper room free falls the remaining distance to the ground. Wood splinters fly in every direction and the walls of the temple shudder and sway like gelatin. You can hear Tilmek's screams inside the room, but they are cut short after a resounding boom when the upper room pounds through the temple floor like a hammer on an anvil. There is a split second of unnerving silence as the dust flourishes all around you. Then the temple walls begin to surrender against the strain of so much destruction.

Time is running out...
    Spoiler
    Show
    All (except Tilmek) roll Reflex saves.

Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The world around you spirals into indecipherable chaos as you tumble around like clothes in a dryer. It becomes impossible to tell up from down in your descent, but you do know one thing... you are in a lot of trouble.

Then suddenly, with a punishing impact, the spinning and falling stops as the room, you presume, crashed into the level below. Air explodes from your lungs and the dust chokes you. But you have no time to regain your breath. The last thing you see is a bookcase plummeting towards you.

Damage: (3d8)[18]

Your raise your arms in defense right before you feel the crushing blow, and the world goes black...
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-06-28 at 10:00 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry