Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek struggles for breath amidst the rubble.

    Spoiler
    Show
    stabalizing roll (1d10)[9]
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han tries to evade the falling roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    let's hope for something above 10 for a change
    Reflex: (1d20+4)[18]
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi tries to avoid falling roof and run toward place from where Timlek's screams come from

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex save (1d20+7)[15]

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Don't react .....
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Ditto ... not a damn word.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li curses to himself as the worl around him crashes trying to kill him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ref: (1d20+8)[17]


  7. - Top - End - #427
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Nice result. You see? Lovely. You just have to curse more, dear.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a powerful leaping strike, the Ogre delivers a killing blow to the squealing boar, smiling hungrily at thoughts of the feast later. Just as the boar unleashes it's dying scream, the horse and mule whinny nervously and begin to stomp around. Spryly for his age, the old man hops to the ground and puts a quieting hand over the horses mouth. "Steady" he whispers to the horse. The Ogre looks up from his kill, but not quite in the direction of the cart. He sniffs the air and then wipes his nose. The mule continues to clop around nervously. The Ogres eyes narrow as he peers into the thicket around him.

    The goblins bury their faces into the mules hair, giving them a childlike appearance that is almost pitiable.


    In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leaping out of danger with artful finesse, the group manages to pick their way to the ruins of the (formerly) upper room.

    The wall that held the far end of the upstairs room has collapsed, filling the air with choking ash and dust. The wall that held the other side of the upstairs room is snapping and tearing itself apart.

    Han is the first on the scene (with Vir-Sashi and Li close behind him), and sees Tilmek's right leg jutting out from under a large bookcase. There is fresh blood trickling onto the debris.

    Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll another stabilizing roll please.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi runs and tries to lift the bookcase, hoping Han and Li will get Timlek from it.

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek sucks a quaking breath, trying to hold onto life.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[5]
    Please don't feel like you need to give me plot armor or anything, I'm totally fine with rolling up a new character if nessecary.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch is steady himself. There should be enough background noise from the othe thrashing ogres and boar ... and the joy of his own kill ... that this giant shouldn't watch much more without low-hanging fruit presenting itself.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han runs in and shouts at Tilmek to see if he is still conscious: Tilmek, Tilmek!. He then tries to help Vir-Sashi with lifting the bookcase if needed, else he will try to carefully pull Tilmek from under it.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ogre glances back as he hears the fading hoops of his kin, then takes one more look into the thicket:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+2)[15]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[5]


    snorts one last time, then turns back toward his boar, scoops it up by the hind legs and scampers away to rejoin the group.

    "Well, that was a close one," Sam sighs as he crawls back onto his cart. "We'll be experiencing more of the like on our travels back. Monsters've been runnin' a bit more wild these days. The city folk aren't sure what to make of it. They're saying the monastery's lost too much power and can't be trusted to protect these roads anymore. They been calling for a meetin' about the whole... well." He stops himself when he realizes he may be offending his company.


    In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek lies fairly still and doesn't seem to respond to your calls, but you can hear a faint shuddering breath underneath the wreckage.

    The bookcase is heavy, but many of the books have spilled out. Vir-Sashi manages to lift it enough for Han to begin dragging Tilmek out of there. Han hears a popping sound when he does and notices that Tilmek's leg is angled unnaturally. Tilmek is deathly pale from blood loss, and if not dead, will soon be.

    The wall twists, roughly 2/3 of it falling backwards, away from you, but a third of it swings low toward the ground and rakes against the stage, ripping what's left of it to shreds and sending splintered wood and small bits of clay rock skidding off in every direction.

    Everyone not prone is going to get attacked here (rolled 1d4 for projectiles each):
    Vir-Sashi (you have cover, +4 to AC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Projectiles (2)
    Attack:
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[14]

    Damage:
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[3]


    Han
    Spoiler
    Show
    Projectiles (2)
    Attack:
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[1]

    Damage:
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[3]


    Li
    Spoiler
    Show
    Projectiles (4)
    Attack:
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[8]

    Damage:
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[3]


    After the last rock settles, the room seems eerily quiet as the dust continues to dance all around. Only two walls remain to hold up what is left of the ceiling, and newly created massive gaps in the floor reveal that the dead family below is now crushed and buried in the wreckage.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-07-01 at 10:41 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    When Han sees the situation Tilmek is in, he immediately starts CPR.
    Quick, somebody has a potion? Tilmek is dying, we need to save him...
    He tries to do whatever he can to get some life into Tilmek
    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained heal check:
    (1d20+2)[22]
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Once Timlek is dragged out of the bookcase, Vir-Sashi drops it and jumps to him.
    "We don't have much time, help me here!"
    He yells as he tries to stabilize Timlek, ripping apart his robes to stop the bleeding with them. he knows they should get out of here as fast as they can, but he woulfn'y forgive himself if Timlek will die, because he wanted to secure his own safety.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Heal on Timlek (1d20+3)[16]

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch nods and says, "No, we understand. We are being led to believe that a very powerful wizard of some type is stirring up trouble and may be behind the attack on the town. But I leave that for the masters to question the goblins."
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li groans as the projectiles fly past him. Several large chucks cut into his flesh and one nasty one lodges in his thigh. For the moment he ignores it as he continues on to Tilmek's soon to be corpse. He drops to a knee and slides as he grabs a potion from his pack. The cork flies out as he moves to Tilmek's head.
    Watch out! Man with a potion coming through!

    Healing potion (please roll high)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saving Tilmek's life: (1d8+1)[8]


    After he administer's the potion, Li leans over Tilmek's face...creepily close...and SHOUTS
    WAKE THE HELL UP! We don't have time for a beauty nap! Let's get the **** out of here before we all take a good long one!

    *Forgot my inertial armor isn't up*
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-07-01 at 10:56 PM.


  18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam digests the information as he waits just a few seconds more to make sure the ogres have gone. "Powerful wizard... Now what makes you say that?" His eyes are shifting as if he's trying to put pieces of a puzzle together, but he turns directly toward you, leaning in almost enough to fall over.


    In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Han's quick CPR work restores Tilmek's fading heartbeat and reveals some facts about his condition to Han.

    Han:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek has some broken ribs, and his leg is clearly dislocated. Moreover, his right arm may be broken, as well. What truly concerns you is the head trauma and the possibility of internal bleeding.


    Some of the color returns to Tilmek's face when Li pours the potion. Bones pop as they reset, but not all the wounds close on his body. The torn clothes reveal massive bruises everywhere and that knee looks like it's going to swell up. He stirs to life, but not enough to stand or walk. He appears to be very dizzy and disoriented. He coughs and a tiny bit of blood splatters out. He's in no condition to carry his own weight.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi carefuly picks up Timlek and runs to the exit with him in his hands.

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual says, "Let's not speak ahead of ourselves from partial information, Sam. We'll wait for the goblins to say more after we're at the monastery."
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Careful, Han urges Vir-Sashi, He seems very... fragile.. He runs after Vir-Sashi for the exit, carefully watching to not create more destruction in the temple.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam presses his lips tightly together and furrows his brow, then goads the horse onward. They travel quietly for a while, then he sucks in some air as if he can't hold his silence any longer.

    "There was a man. He helped Cliffside during the winter. The crops last year weren't so good and we were fearing a famine. He saved us. I only seen him a few times, since I'm usually away on business, but I never liked him. He was too nice, you know? And the timing was too convenient. He just rolled into town at our darkest hour and new exactly how to get us through. Up the creek like we were, no one in town wanted to question their good fortune having him around."

    He mulls over his thoughts some more. "Every one thought I was just being paranoid. But I think... well. He wasn't natural. Something about him just wasn't right."


    In Cliffside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to make it out of the temple alive and set Tilmek down without reopening any wounds.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Unlike the others Li isn't in the mood to try and cut back through the building and risk being crushed or blown up. He rips the piece of wood from his leg as he stands. His leg faulter a step or two before he sucks it up. He then makes his move for one of the blown out walls and jumps out of the building curling his body to roll as he lands.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jump check for distance and to mitigate damage: (1d20+2)[9] Dc15 to lessen damage by 10ft.

    Tumble to reduce damage (1d20+11)[12] DC 15 to reduce damage by 10ft. DC 30 to reduce by 20.


  24. - Top - End - #444
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Well," says Coanacoch, "when we have the goblins questioned, we'll try to see if they're the same ... if that's even the primary issue. Huh, if it is, at least we have an M.O. to work with ..."
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi carefuly puts Timlek down.
    "Han, Li, help me here, he still neeeds help." He says, looking to see what else he can do for Timlek. "Buddy, do you hear me?" He asks, trying to check out if his friend is concious. "Speak to me. Tell us what happened." He doesn't really want to know it now, he wants Timlek to focus on something and don't lose conciousness.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Heal to help with whatever wounds Timlek has. (1d20+3)[23]

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    (Since I doubt the fall will render me unconscious)

    When Li hears Vir calling for help, he picks himself up with a gasp and begins making his way over to them. His body hurting as he grabs another of his potions to administer to Timlek. A part of him considers using one himslef, but with his supplies so low already it could be better to hold off and just let himself recover naturally.

    Healing potion for Timlek:

    (1d8+1)[4]


  27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han helps Vir-Sashi the best he can to get Tilmek back up:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal: (1d20+2)[17]
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    ok, I'm stabalized and based on the potion I'm at -5 but concious and disabled as far as I know more heal checks won't help, unless that many makes the healing instant. Otherwise, doesn't it take a few hours to heal any hitpoints?


    Tilmek stirs and looks up at the others. ".....I'm....alive?" he asks surprisedly. His voice is weak, and he lifts his head slightly.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle

    Back after a long break! probably wont be as active as i used to be, but i missed the games

    Aarco

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam nods and urges his horse onward.


    Outside the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dust in the temple begins to settle. It now resembles ancient ruins, with mounds of rubble everywhere and only two standing walls. What's left of the roof is hanging low and bobbing up and down like a tree branch in a breeze.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Onward we go ...
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •