New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Tilmek struggles for breath amidst the rubble.

Spoiler
    Show
    stabalizing roll (1d10)[9]
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han tries to evade the falling roof:
    Spoiler
    Show
    let's hope for something above 10 for a change
    Reflex: (1d20+4)[18]

3. - Top - End - #423
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi tries to avoid falling roof and run toward place from where Timlek's screams come from

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save (1d20+7)[15]

4. - Top - End - #424
    Colossus in the Playground

Don't react .....
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Ditto ... not a damn word.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Li curses to himself as the worl around him crashes trying to kill him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ref: (1d20+8)[17]

7. - Top - End - #427

Nice result. You see? Lovely. You just have to curse more, dear.
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a powerful leaping strike, the Ogre delivers a killing blow to the squealing boar, smiling hungrily at thoughts of the feast later. Just as the boar unleashes it's dying scream, the horse and mule whinny nervously and begin to stomp around. Spryly for his age, the old man hops to the ground and puts a quieting hand over the horses mouth. "Steady" he whispers to the horse. The Ogre looks up from his kill, but not quite in the direction of the cart. He sniffs the air and then wipes his nose. The mule continues to clop around nervously. The Ogres eyes narrow as he peers into the thicket around him.

The goblins bury their faces into the mules hair, giving them a childlike appearance that is almost pitiable.

In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leaping out of danger with artful finesse, the group manages to pick their way to the ruins of the (formerly) upper room.

The wall that held the far end of the upstairs room has collapsed, filling the air with choking ash and dust. The wall that held the other side of the upstairs room is snapping and tearing itself apart.

Han is the first on the scene (with Vir-Sashi and Li close behind him), and sees Tilmek's right leg jutting out from under a large bookcase. There is fresh blood trickling onto the debris.

Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll another stabilizing roll please.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

9. - Top - End - #429
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi runs and tries to lift the bookcase, hoping Han and Li will get Timlek from it.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek sucks a quaking breath, trying to hold onto life.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[5]
    Please don't feel like you need to give me plot armor or anything, I'm totally fine with rolling up a new character if nessecary.

11. - Top - End - #431

Coanacoch is steady himself. There should be enough background noise from the othe thrashing ogres and boar ... and the joy of his own kill ... that this giant shouldn't watch much more without low-hanging fruit presenting itself.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han runs in and shouts at Tilmek to see if he is still conscious: Tilmek, Tilmek!. He then tries to help Vir-Sashi with lifting the bookcase if needed, else he will try to carefully pull Tilmek from under it.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ogre glances back as he hears the fading hoops of his kin, then takes one more look into the thicket:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+2)[15]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[5]

snorts one last time, then turns back toward his boar, scoops it up by the hind legs and scampers away to rejoin the group.

"Well, that was a close one," Sam sighs as he crawls back onto his cart. "We'll be experiencing more of the like on our travels back. Monsters've been runnin' a bit more wild these days. The city folk aren't sure what to make of it. They're saying the monastery's lost too much power and can't be trusted to protect these roads anymore. They been calling for a meetin' about the whole... well." He stops himself when he realizes he may be offending his company.

In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek lies fairly still and doesn't seem to respond to your calls, but you can hear a faint shuddering breath underneath the wreckage.

The bookcase is heavy, but many of the books have spilled out. Vir-Sashi manages to lift it enough for Han to begin dragging Tilmek out of there. Han hears a popping sound when he does and notices that Tilmek's leg is angled unnaturally. Tilmek is deathly pale from blood loss, and if not dead, will soon be.

The wall twists, roughly 2/3 of it falling backwards, away from you, but a third of it swings low toward the ground and rakes against the stage, ripping what's left of it to shreds and sending splintered wood and small bits of clay rock skidding off in every direction.

Everyone not prone is going to get attacked here (rolled 1d4 for projectiles each):
    Vir-Sashi (you have cover, +4 to AC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Projectiles (2)
    Attack:
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d20)[14]

Damage:
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[3]

Han
    Spoiler
    Show
    Projectiles (2)
    Attack:
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[1]

Damage:
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[3]

Li
    Spoiler
    Show
    Projectiles (4)
    Attack:
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d20)[17]
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[8]

Damage:
    (1d4)[2]
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d4)[3]

After the last rock settles, the room seems eerily quiet as the dust continues to dance all around. Only two walls remain to hold up what is left of the ceiling, and newly created massive gaps in the floor reveal that the dead family below is now crushed and buried in the wreckage.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-07-01 at 10:41 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

When Han sees the situation Tilmek is in, he immediately starts CPR.
    Quick, somebody has a potion? Tilmek is dying, we need to save him...
    He tries to do whatever he can to get some life into Tilmek
    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained heal check:
    (1d20+2)[22]

15. - Top - End - #435
    Banned

Goblin

Once Timlek is dragged out of the bookcase, Vir-Sashi drops it and jumps to him.
    "We don't have much time, help me here!"
    He yells as he tries to stabilize Timlek, ripping apart his robes to stop the bleeding with them. he knows they should get out of here as fast as they can, but he woulfn'y forgive himself if Timlek will die, because he wanted to secure his own safety.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal on Timlek (1d20+3)[16]

16. - Top - End - #436

Coanacoch nods and says, "No, we understand. We are being led to believe that a very powerful wizard of some type is stirring up trouble and may be behind the attack on the town. But I leave that for the masters to question the goblins."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Li groans as the projectiles fly past him. Several large chucks cut into his flesh and one nasty one lodges in his thigh. For the moment he ignores it as he continues on to Tilmek's soon to be corpse. He drops to a knee and slides as he grabs a potion from his pack. The cork flies out as he moves to Tilmek's head.
    Watch out! Man with a potion coming through!

Healing potion (please roll high)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saving Tilmek's life: (1d8+1)[8]

After he administer's the potion, Li leans over Tilmek's face...creepily close...and SHOUTS
    WAKE THE HELL UP! We don't have time for a beauty nap! Let's get the **** out of here before we all take a good long one!

*Forgot my inertial armor isn't up*
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-07-01 at 10:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam digests the information as he waits just a few seconds more to make sure the ogres have gone. "Powerful wizard... Now what makes you say that?" His eyes are shifting as if he's trying to put pieces of a puzzle together, but he turns directly toward you, leaning in almost enough to fall over.

In the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Han's quick CPR work restores Tilmek's fading heartbeat and reveals some facts about his condition to Han.

Han:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tilmek has some broken ribs, and his leg is clearly dislocated. Moreover, his right arm may be broken, as well. What truly concerns you is the head trauma and the possibility of internal bleeding.

Some of the color returns to Tilmek's face when Li pours the potion. Bones pop as they reset, but not all the wounds close on his body. The torn clothes reveal massive bruises everywhere and that knee looks like it's going to swell up. He stirs to life, but not enough to stand or walk. He appears to be very dizzy and disoriented. He coughs and a tiny bit of blood splatters out. He's in no condition to carry his own weight.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #439
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi carefuly picks up Timlek and runs to the exit with him in his hands.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual says, "Let's not speak ahead of ourselves from partial information, Sam. We'll wait for the goblins to say more after we're at the monastery."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Careful, Han urges Vir-Sashi, He seems very... fragile.. He runs after Vir-Sashi for the exit, carefully watching to not create more destruction in the temple.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam presses his lips tightly together and furrows his brow, then goads the horse onward. They travel quietly for a while, then he sucks in some air as if he can't hold his silence any longer.

"There was a man. He helped Cliffside during the winter. The crops last year weren't so good and we were fearing a famine. He saved us. I only seen him a few times, since I'm usually away on business, but I never liked him. He was too nice, you know? And the timing was too convenient. He just rolled into town at our darkest hour and new exactly how to get us through. Up the creek like we were, no one in town wanted to question their good fortune having him around."

He mulls over his thoughts some more. "Every one thought I was just being paranoid. But I think... well. He wasn't natural. Something about him just wasn't right."

In Cliffside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to make it out of the temple alive and set Tilmek down without reopening any wounds.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Unlike the others Li isn't in the mood to try and cut back through the building and risk being crushed or blown up. He rips the piece of wood from his leg as he stands. His leg faulter a step or two before he sucks it up. He then makes his move for one of the blown out walls and jumps out of the building curling his body to roll as he lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jump check for distance and to mitigate damage: (1d20+2)[9] Dc15 to lessen damage by 10ft.

Tumble to reduce damage (1d20+11)[12] DC 15 to reduce damage by 10ft. DC 30 to reduce by 20.

24. - Top - End - #444

"Well," says Coanacoch, "when we have the goblins questioned, we'll try to see if they're the same ... if that's even the primary issue. Huh, if it is, at least we have an M.O. to work with ..."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi carefuly puts Timlek down.
    "Han, Li, help me here, he still neeeds help." He says, looking to see what else he can do for Timlek. "Buddy, do you hear me?" He asks, trying to check out if his friend is concious. "Speak to me. Tell us what happened." He doesn't really want to know it now, he wants Timlek to focus on something and don't lose conciousness.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal to help with whatever wounds Timlek has. (1d20+3)[23]

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

(Since I doubt the fall will render me unconscious)

When Li hears Vir calling for help, he picks himself up with a gasp and begins making his way over to them. His body hurting as he grabs another of his potions to administer to Timlek. A part of him considers using one himslef, but with his supplies so low already it could be better to hold off and just let himself recover naturally.

Healing potion for Timlek:

(1d8+1)[4]

27. - Top - End - #447
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han helps Vir-Sashi the best he can to get Tilmek back up:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal: (1d20+2)[17]

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, I'm stabalized and based on the potion I'm at -5 but concious and disabled as far as I know more heal checks won't help, unless that many makes the healing instant. Otherwise, doesn't it take a few hours to heal any hitpoints?

Tilmek stirs and looks up at the others. ".....I'm....alive?" he asks surprisedly. His voice is weak, and he lifts his head slightly.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sam nods and urges his horse onward.

Outside the Temple:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dust in the temple begins to settle. It now resembles ancient ruins, with mounds of rubble everywhere and only two standing walls. What's left of the roof is hanging low and bobbing up and down like a tree branch in a breeze.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

30. - Top - End - #450

Onward we go ...
    Show