Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch will borrow a dagger, a kama, 5 shuriken, backpack, bedroll, 4 rations, and a signet ring of the abbey.

    He'll actually purchase a belt pouch, 50' silk rope, a water skin, flint & steel, and 2 torches.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han Li smiles warmly to the others. Ok, I guess I can take a hint, I will take up the role of spokesperson..
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual will purchase
    Spoiler
    Show
    belt pouch, 50' silk rope, flint & steel, waterskin

    She will requisition
    Spoiler
    Show
    dagger, sling, quarterstaff, backpack, bedroll, rations x4, hooded lantern, oil flasks x4, potion cure light wounds x2

    I recommend we requisition items as a group. That we get a mule with firewood, some tools, and a tent or two. Some writing implements. And these items would be a group item rather than any of us writing it down specifically on our sheets?
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Wow, totally missed that. Yeah, 2 CLW potions for Coanacoch. And, yes, I understand they are returned if unused.

    Also, basic all-use supplies on a pack mule is a good idea. Better than crazy bookkeeping on the minutiae.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-04-08 at 05:49 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Rassaphore Godwin opens the storage room door and scurries about quickly to fulfill your requests, revealing meticulously organized shelves full of items from the mundane to the exotic, as well as some things you don't even recognize. He arranges everything you requested in neat piles in front of you and hastily calculates a total.

    "Brother Coanachoch, that will be GP 112.04 for you. And Sister Necahual, I believe that will be GP 12.02 for you. Is there anything else that you should require?" He bows politely, awaiting payment.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-04-10 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Changed "$" to "GP"
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch bows and says, "Thank you, Rassaphore. Hopefully, we won't even need to use the majority of this, but it's better to be prepared for the unexpected."
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "You're welcome, brother. May the gods bring you safely home when your mission is over."
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual bows politely to the Rassaphore.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Ulyono is at the gate awaiting everyone's arrival so we can go, and is doing stretches in the meantime.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi also awaits everyone at the gates and seems to be thinking about something. He's happy to have a chance to prove himself and to travel alongside his outstanding coleagues, but at the same time, leaving the Abbey feels like leaving home - it's something he never really experienced before, even when his former masters abbandoned him. He will, how they say it...miss this place.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Midday is swiftly approaching... the time for Monks to come out of their studies, training, or even the mines, as the Abbey's founder, Grandmaster Fargrim did long ago, to enjoy a time of respite in solitude or with peers. Students and teachers alike begin filtering out of the structure and spilling onto the courtyard and training grounds.

    Some monks begin to spar each other in friendly competition, showing off their newest techniques. While others engage in debates on ethics or philosophy. Some, sit quietly, unpack their lunches and eat alone. Some children begin to play in the fields in front of the statue of the Flame Hand. The main throng will arrive in about a half an hour.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li requisitions 2 potions of cure light wounds, and buys 2 more.

    When everyone is ready he lets out a small breath and begins to walk off in the direction of their mission.
    "Guess we should head out before it gets too dark. Not all of us can see in the dark, and the last thing we need is an angry drawf calling us lazy. My toothbrush isn't meant for cleaning privvies...how about you guys'?"


  13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Yup, heading out ...
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Yes, let's go. To bad that we cannot just do like Master Tendou used to say - drop our heavy luggage and enjoy walking with out hands empty." Said Vir-Sashi, reffering to the monastery's cook, nice man he really liked and not only for his delicious meals.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I take it that as a group we took out a mule, pack, a tent or two, and other general tools and the like?

    Necahual nods her head and sets off with the others.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-04-11 at 08:12 PM.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han turns around and waves goodbye to some of the other monks he knew who came out to lunch. He then quickly follows the others outside.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Several of Han's friends smile and bow back to him, and the children wave wildly and loudly request that the group hurry back from their mission.

    The snow-peaked hills envelop you as you travel along the defrosting path that wind its way northward to Cliffside Vale. Tiny streams of crystalline water seep onto the road, making the path muddy and cool, but the sun dominates the chill below with a golden radiance that coats your head and shoulders like a cloak. Life buds all about you, full of springtime glory. Stringy squirrels shake the sleep from their atrophied muscles, hop out of hiding, and begin foraging for their first taste of delicious seeds and nuts. Deer lap vigorously at the the icy streams before bounding off at the *slock, slock* sound of your arrival. Deep inside the milieu of oak and pine, you hear the agitated chirping of thrush and sparrow as they argue over matters of territory. Even the occasional band of rogue sheep cross your path, only to stop in the middle of the way as if expecting you to go around. But like a tide of fluff, they recede and break rank at your presence, bleating at your insolence incredulously.

    The westering sky explodes into a kaleidoscope of colors as the sun descends to douse itself in the cool of the last remnants of frost tipping the hills. You reach a bridge that spans a deepening river above you, where a group has gathered around a campfire in the middle of the road. High above the surrounding trees, two strange four-winged birds of blue and gold plumage circle concentrically above the location of the fire.

    You will lose daylight in roughly half an hour. The river roars angrily and drowns out all other sounds, but you get the impression that the individuals around the fireplace are quite inebriated and either do not notice your approach, or do not care that you're approaching. You are between 300 and 400 feet from the bridge.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch doesn't mind continuing with the mule ...
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    'Li stops and lets out a light sigh as he was enjoying the wilderness and relatively good company. He looks to the others and lets out a short breath.
    "So... any bets on whether or not they are friendly? I don't think it a great idea to disturb drunkards or bed with them in either case. No telling if they might fancy us a bit like their little brothers and try for a rear ended embrace even if they have to wrestle for it first. You remember the sheep a ways back...probably running from these yolks for the safety of their nethers more than their wool."

    He draws his bow slowly and begins to move softly off of the road.
    "If you would be so kind as to give me about five minutes though, I can see what their purpose is and maybe even find a route to avoid them without being seen. Unless,...One of you has a different idea in mind."


  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual listens to Li's entire rape-based monolog ... less impressed with his desire to dressage the message than with the possibility itself.

    She simply nods when he mentions heading off to scout.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han looks a bit concerned about the fact that Li already draws his bow without what seems to Han to be a good motive and also about what he is telling. This was not the sort of talk he was used to and he didn't like weapons anyway. Well, you can check if you want, but please be careful with that weapon, we don't want to cause any unnecessary trouble.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch says, "Why? We are supposed to be ambassadors of the monastery. Let's act like it instead of skulking around the countryside mistrusting folks. Just because they're drunk doesn't make them bad men."
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li stopped for a moment to look at Coana, "We are ambassadors, yes, but fools no. Trusting everyone is how you get a face like mine or end up dead."His tone was flat but held an edge to discourage followup questions.

    He then set off to investigate the group ahead.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Hide (1d20+11)[30]
    Move Silently (1d20+11)[29]
    Double move actions so I move 40ft a round.


  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi nods at Li's words.Be careful brother. If you won't come back in ten minutes, I shall follow you."

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li stalks ever closer to the gathered men, more floating than walking, as he picks his path amongst the the rare patches of stone and dry ground. The roar of the river washes away most of the noise of the gathered group, but you get close enough to make out patches of sentences amongst their indecipherable slurs and drunken revelry. Phrases that carry on the air clearly enough are, "pretty good'day, boys" and "d'ja see th'looksh on .... facshes?" as well as some raucous laughter and lewd, but clearly playful insults. The one sitting closest to the bridge gets up awkwardly and mumbles something about "making his own river" and staggers over to a nearby tree, while sing-mumbling a jaunty tune about being "seldom sober."

    As he crosses into Li's side of the thicket, you can see more clearly that the man is half-orc, and even his drunken slouch and heavy cloak do little to hide his impressive height and corded muscles.

    "Iiiii'ma ro-over 'f'aiiii d'greee!" bursts from his throat as he crashes heavily into a tree. He pulls himself to a stand with a wheezy laugh and proceeds to "take care of business" right there. Swaying like a weed in the breeze while humming off key.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    One of the last things Li wanted to be privy to was a drunken half-orc using the privy. He stayed quiet though with the bow low and out of the way for the moment. They seemed harmless for the moment even drunk. To try and be sure he linger a moment longer trying to survey their camp to determin their provisions and equipment hoping it would give insight to their purpose.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot (1d20+11)[23]


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Ulyono whispers to the group: "I see the sense in stealth against a foe one is no match for, but otherwise we should not hesitate to interact with them. Either they mean no harm, or they do, in which case it is better they attempt that harm on us than on someone else less equipped to defend against it."

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    The half-orc... puts everything away ... and starts heading back to the camp. "Ish whennn I'm jrinnnkin' umallllways thinnnnkin' how t'gain," he concludes his tune with a wet sounding burp as one of the other campers throws a rock at him.

    "Shut yer yap, Thursk, er' I'll knock yer jaw off!" The half-orc, presumably named Thursk, eyes the heckler menacingly.

    "Comin' try it, and you'll get a boot to the yarbulls!"

    "Good luck with a try at that!" Laughs one of the revelers. The heckler sits there quietly, skulking sulking.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-04-14 at 11:14 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li has to fight an urge to nock an arrow and let it fly at what he had seen. Instead, he turned to try and return to the group without being seen or heard. He wanted to meet them head on, but his training was too well ingrained in him to allow it alone.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Hide (1d20+11)[23]
    Move Silently (1d20+11)[27]


  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li manages to sneak away quietly, but the member of the group that attempted to quiet Thrusk appears more nervous now, and begins packing his things up.

    You can't make out what he's saying over the roar of the river, but it looks like he's giving orders through hushed and agitated tones. It doesn't appear that the rest of the group are ready to listen, however as they continue to jostle around drunkenly and laugh.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •