New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    that one roll that went wrong (1d20+6)[24]

Vir-Sashi quickly scuffs two points at goblins body, under his left arpit and above his lowest right rib. When goblin looks at him with disbelief and confusion, he shows him three fingers and calmly explains "I just hit two pressure points in your body. You will feel the pain in 3...2...1...now." he closes one finger after another.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, too much Fist of the North Star lately
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-12-22 at 06:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Colossus in the Playground

Coanoch yells in pain as the javelin passes well into his left shoulder. This time, he brings his right hand up and under the goblin's javelin arm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack G2 (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage (1d6)[1]

If he remains, continue Dodge on him, otherwise switch to next nearest opponent (best if flankable).
    AC 13 (14 w/ Dodge)

EDIT: As before, the form and technique are perfect. But he is so used to fighting form for kata and not sparring, that he hasn't developed any power.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-12-23 at 05:10 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

With barely any movement, Tilmek slips around the javelins. He spins away from the javelin that lunged for his legs. Then he focuses his energy into the the tips of his fingers and continues his spin, jabbing his fingers into the goblin in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[26]
    damage (1d8+1)[2] x2 from Descisive Strike
    use Karmic Strike to lower AC to 12
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Li growing annoyed at this entire farce of a fight knocks another arrow. He doesn't take his eyes off the targets as he speaks. Ur-Agal, what's it saying? It better be a damned impressed thank you for this or I am going to turn an arrow on it myself.. With that he lets an arrow fly at the goblins trying to avoid his friends.

Spoiler
    Show

Target: Goblin at H9

Attack: (1d20+5)[20]
    Crit Confirm (20): (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[6]
    Crit Damage: (3d8+6)[15]

My AC:16

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Initiative Order:
    1. Vir-Sashi
    2. Coanacoch hp 17
    3. Li
    4. Tilmek
    5. Goblin3 Dying hp -2
    6. Goblin1
    7. Goblin5 Dying hp -1
    8. Goblin4 Unconscious
    9. Creature1
    10. Goblin2 Unconscious
    11. Necahual
    12. Ur-Agal

Goblin4 (H8) Notices for only a moment that he has dropped his javelin. Then his eyes roll back in his head and he falls straight back like a chopped tree.

Goblin2 (G8) squeals in pain from Coancoch's stinging attacks. His arm grows numb from the continued assault, and he switches hands, now holding his right arm in close to his chest. He crouches and steps back, jabbing defensively towards Coanacoch to gain a safe distance from the painful jabbing fingers.

But with Goblin2's eyes focused squarely on Coanacoch, he doesn't see Tilmek's jabbing fingers that poke his scrawny throat. "Ack... Krrrk!" The goblin clutches at his neck, trying to unsieze the windpipe, but darkness closes in around the corners of his eyes, until deep peaceful sleep claims him.

Goblin5 (H9) sees that the battle is lost, and attempts to make a break for it, but not before and arrow plunges deep into his ribcage, tearing the air from his lungs and sending him sprawling to the ground. He looks in horror at Li's arrow, still vibrating from the impact, nearly half buried into his chest.

Goblin3:
    Coughs up a little blood and stares in disbelief at the warrior monster, Vir-Sashi, standing above him.

Stabilize (1-10): (d%)[26]

"O kunn't'n..." it rasps as it chokes on it's blood.

Goblin1:
    Looks to his dying brothers, then to the overwhelming force of the monk's, then does what any true goblin would do.

Withdraw: Southeast through the thicket 60'

Goblin5:
    Reaches out feebly to the fleeing goblin.
    "unk' ouu, u'untmo k'o'!"

Stabilize (1-10): (d%)[62]

Creature1 lowers his bow. "It is much time since I speak the Common tongue, but I remember to speak enough. Thank you for my life, humans. I am Jobar." He bows his head respectfully.

Shortly after his friends come crashing through the woods, one wielding a dagger and the other nocking an arrow onto his short bow.

Jobar raises a hand and waves defensively, trying to calm them. "Li', li', li'! Iri'ioyua ili'gua ioyaevi'lw. Foy ji'pirlalw oaephy aeiruayaekil pyyl uai'gfyk. Foywy ogyiaelw oaephy waephyk yiil irlasy."

Both of them freeze in their tracks and lower their weapons. The smaller of the two trots up to Jobar and clasps him in a grateful hug. "Si'uajlaphy gw si'ua iryaephlalj ili'g pyolalk. Ioy klakl'f zli'io ili'g oaek pyyl aaegjof pil foy ji'pirlalw. Foaelz Obad-Hai ili'g aeuay wflairir aeirlaphy."

He looks to Li and extends a hand. "You save my brother. My life to you."

The other creature goes about the ugly business of finishing off the goblins that are still alive, then he looks up from his gruesome task. "Battle not over. More coming."

Combat XP: 150 Each
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Li lowers his bow as the fight seems to be over for now. The extended hand goes seemingly ignored as he looks to the children and then his comrades. Thank my comrades not me. They got involved, so I had to protect them.

A soft breath escapes him as he realizes none of the goblins are still alive to question. If another skirmish is to occur, he will have to incapacitate one away from the others. Hopefully, it will speak a language he knows, so he can get answers.

Turning to Ur-Agal he sighs.How many more enemies must we make before we find the leader of the Fey we must bargain with? If the list grows much longer sending these children off on their own towards the Abbey will be safer than letting them travel along side us.
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-12-24 at 12:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well goblins are the enemy of almost everyone right? And it seems we made a few friends." Tilmek says as he bows to the creatures and smiles.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The creature looks at Li. "You seek fey. The Hybsil... to be... fey. You seek..." the creature struggles to remember, "to speak with leader?"

Finally he gets frustrated and turns to Ur-Agal. "Yiil aevi'iri'jlayw si'ua yiil vi'i'ua juaaewv i'l foy ai'yiyii'l fi'ljgy. La'yi ae irlaffiry uagwfil. Las oy wyyzw ai'glalair suai'yi foy syil, La ai'girk aeuauaaeljy foaef. Laf'w foy iryaewf La ai'girk ki' fi' uayvaeil foy kypf si'ua waephlalj yiil puai'foyua'w irlasy."

Ur-Agal turns to Li. "Well, it seems you got your wish. He says he can arrange a meeting with other members of the fey." Then he turns his head back to the creature, "Iooi' law foy zlalj i's folaw si'uaywf?"

The creature shakes his head. "Folaw law ae iolairk iraelk. Laf oaew li' fuagy zlalj, pgf laf oaew yiaelil jgaeuaklaaelw. Foy Dryads, foy Fossergrim, aelk foy Oreads aeuay laf'w aolays jgaeuaklaaelw. Foy Thorns aelk foy Treants i'sfyl aelwioyua foylaua aaeirir, pgf yiaelaliril kgy fi' ae ai'yiyii'l lalfyuaywf. Las aelili'ly oaew wfaezyk aelil airaelayi fi' aegfoi'ualafil, las yilajof py foy Verdant Prince Aka'nereel foi'gjo La ki'l'f aekphlawy wyyzlalj olaw ai'glalair."

Ur-Agal nods again. "He says there is no official lord of the Fey in this forest. Though there are those who serve as guardians of the woods. We've met a few already, it would seem. But he mentions one called a "Verdant Prince." He claims to be a ruler of sorts, but our friend here advises against consorting with him."

You hear a crash in the woods and the familiar hoop of more goblins.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Li hears the hooping and just shakes his head. We felled them with single blows, and they think a larger group will serve them better. Truly, we have found some stupid goblins...even for their kind.

He slides the arrow back into his quiver as he turns to Ur-Agal. See if our new friends can take us to safe lodgings for the night. Better to lie with an uncertain threat than risk conflict with a certain threat. If they can, let us make haste for the safe haven. I'd rather not waste more resources than we already have.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi picks up Goblin he knocked down. "This one may know somethign interesting, guys. Li, can you interrogate him, only without your...usual methods? So soon after reciving Bear Looks For Honey* attack from me it could be...you know, deadly."

Spoiler
    Show

* - What?

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek is surprised that the goblins fell so easily. "Well that works out well. I agree with going with them. ill help carry the goblin if we need it.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

Li stopped for a moment and his worried look changed to a smirk. He shifted to put his bow away and opened then closed his hands a few times. Wait...why interrogate a peon who doesn't know much? If we stand and fight, then we can possibly capture someone of a little importance. If it looks bad then we can run, but until then...we can put these guys further in our debt. Whataya say? Flex our muscles a bit, and show these guys what it means to mess with the monastery. Cause, frankly, I am a bit tired of running and even more tired of making enemies from the tiniest slight. If they want to hunt us down and kill us...let's give them a real reason to do it. Let's water the forest with a little blood, and fertalize the ground with the bodies of those we've made enemies of.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Banned

Goblin

"Even this little guy hee may know something, like, I don't know, where more of his buddies are, or why they were ordered to hunt those guys...So I would rather preffer you to interrogate him. Remeber, we're monks in service of the abbey, not some mecenaries living their twisted power fantasies." Vir-Sashi says as he handles over the Goblin to Li, through he seems doubtful about doing so. He then goes to Ur-Agal, request to talk in private for a moment and whispers to, once they'll walk few feet away from everybody "I'm worried about Li, it seems the pressure is getting into him*."

Spoiler
    Show
    *- Or in other words "warning, Li is off his meds again!"

14. - Top - End - #824

Coanoch, his shoulder badly wounded, falls back to the children. "I can't take a front-line, but I can be back here in case they break through whatever ranks you might provide. Someone has to look after the girl."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

While you are discussing your options, the Hybsil's perk up at the sound of oncoming battle. "Kaeyil laf! Ioy'phy irlaljyuayk fi'i' iri'lj," growls the one leaning over a fallen goblin.

He stands and draws his bow, readying a strike against the first goblin face he sees.

A goblin comes leaping out of the brush and spots the Hybsils, then shouts a signaling call. "Drok 'uo puok! O vuu-" The Hybsil's arrow shears the air but the goblin ducks just in time. The arrow only manages to cut the goblins call short. It does no good, however, and you can hear the call of several goblins in reply.

Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-12-30 at 03:16 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hybsil2 nocks and releases again at the first goblin to break through the brush (Goblin7, G10), but it flies wide again.

Hooping with bloodlust two other Goblins comes hurling through the woods from the south, raising javelins high.

Move Action: Double Move

Coanacoch, you're up.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

17. - Top - End - #827

The wounded Coanoch readies to take a 5' step (if necessary) and strike the first goblin that comes in range to threaten the girl.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+1)[7], fighting defensively
    Damage (1d6)[3]

AC: 16, 17 vs the offending goblin
    Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Initiative:
    1. Hybsil2
    2. Goblin9
    3. Goblin11 2 hp
    4. Coanacoch
    5. Hybsil3
    6. Goblin15
    7. Ur-Agal 27 hp
    8. Goblin12
    9. Goblin7 -1 hp
    10. Goblin8
    11. Goblin10
    12. Vir-Sashi
    13. Tilmek
    14. Li
    15. Necahual
    16. Hybsil1
    17. Goblin13
    18. Goblin14

Hybsil3 (D6) fires below to Goblin7 (G10) embedding his arrow into it's gangly neck. Goblin7 drops his javelin and falls to the ground, gurgling a dying breath.
    Attack: 19
    Damage: 6
    Goblin15 bursts forth from the thick brush rearing back with his javelin arm.
    Ur-Agal turns to face Goblin11 (D12) and lines up a shot, skewering his opponent in the shoulder.
    Attack: 23
    Damage: 3
    Goblin12 panics as he sees his allies bristling with arrows, and launches a wild throw at Ur-Agal with his javelin. The arcing throw comes in slow enough for Ur-Agal to raise a defense, but the javelin stabs into the meat of his forearm.
    Attack (increment penalty): 18
    Damage: 1
    Goblin7:
    Saving Throw (1-10): (d%)[48]
    Goblin8's (E14) javelin flies wide, skipping off the rocks behind Ur-Agal and landing harmlessly at Li's feet.
    Attack: 1
    Goblin10 (E10) chooses the rocky path, skipping along the cave's roof to gain a better vantage point to attack.
    Move: Double move
    Attacker has High Ground (+1 Attack, Melee)

Vir-Sashi: You're up.

Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-01-01 at 01:30 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #829
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi jumps high at Goblin in front of him, to deliver devastating blow with open palm from the sky.
    "Gorilla smacks the pretender!" He yells the name of an attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Charge at Goblin at H10, attack (1d20+8)[12], dmg (1d6+3)[8]

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Goblin15 (H10) ducks under Vir-Sashi's kick and rears back for a counter strike.

Tilmek, go!
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-01-04 at 02:27 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek takes a deep breath, then disappears. He reappears on the other side of the fey and next to a pair of goblins. He throws his fist forward trying to use the momentum of his teleport to add to his force.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anklet of translocation to G10
    attack (1d20+5)[25]
    damage (1d8+1)[4] x2 from decisive strike
    bonus damage from fist of iron (1d6)[3] also x2

karmic strike to lower ac

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for the double post but crit confirmation!
    (1d20+5)[14]

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Li charges forward with a hand reared back. As he nears the nearest goblin he thrusts the hand out to snatch the goblin's throat using his moment to impact his windpipe and stop the enemy's breathing while squeezing hard for a moment before dropping his grip, and hopefully the goblin.

Spoiler
    Show

Charging to D9
    Attacking goblin in D10
    Touch Attack to initiate grapple: (1d20+8)[15] +2 from charge[
    Grabble check for unarmed damage: (1d20+13)[15]
    Unarmed Damage (subdual): (1d8+4)[6]
    Free Action: release grapple

AC:14

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The goblin in G10 never has time to raise a hand in defense as Tilmek's iron fist connects with his jaw, cracking the bone and sending teeth flying loose from the impact. The goblin falls limp, unconscious at Tilmek's feet.

Goblin10 (E10) bugs out his eyes and clutches futilely at Li's crushing grip. Like a rag doll, he tumbles to the ground, spilling down the side of the cave's roof.

Necahual, you're up.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual steps down a little and lets the goblin have it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    CE2
    Attack (1d20+4)[19], Damage (1d6+3)[4]
    AC: 15
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hybsil1 fires off a shot at Goblin11 (D12), which spears him hard in the right knee, dropping him to the ground.

Hybsil2 arcs one over Tilmek's head after Goblin9 (G12), but it floats a little too much, narrowly missing the goblins sloping cranium.

Goblin9, oblivious to the arrow that almost took his life, rears back and flings his javelin at Tilmek.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 21
    Damage: 3

Coanacoch, you're up.

Battle Grid:
    Spoiler
    Show

Technical Details:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saving Rolls: 1-10
    Goblin11: (d%)[6]
    Goblin3: (d%)[100]

New Initiative:
    1. Hybsil2
    2. Goblin9
    3. Coanacoch
    4. Hybsil3
    5. Ur-Agal 27 hp
    6. Goblin12
    7. Goblin8
    8. Vir-Sashi
    9. Tilmek 14 hp
    10. Li
    11. Necahual
    12. Hybsil1

Out of Init:
    Goblin2 Unconscious
    Goblin3 Dying -4 hp
    Goblin4 Unconscious
    Goblin7 Unconscious
    Goblin10 Unconscious
    Goblin11 Stable -1 hp
    Goblin13 Unconscious
    Goblin14 Unconscious
    Goblin15 Unconscious
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-01-09 at 12:58 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

27. - Top - End - #837

Coanoch does not seek battle glory. He's badly wounded, and most of his allies have rushed forth to end the goblins. He stays back to protect the girl as before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to clobber gobber that gets too close.
    Fight Defensively
    Attack (1d20+1)[6], Damage (1d6)[5]
    AC (w/ dodge): 14
    Show

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hybsil3 moves into position to intercept the last of the goblins, then with a warriors trill fires one in the direction of the goblin in E14. But the goblin saw it coming, and narrowly sidesteps the shot, staggering a bit from the dodge. Ur-Agal fires at the same goblin, but the bolt glances off the goblin's armor. Unwilling to break the protective formation that keeps the children safe, Ur-Agal holsters his crossbow, and reaches for his sickle as Goblin12 wades in, poking with his javelin at Hybsil3 hard in the stomach. The hypsil clutches at the the wound and staggers back, gritting through the pain as his lifeblood begins a slow trickle down his forelegs.

Goblin8 charges in, javelin held like a spear to skewer Ur-Agal, but the thrust is clumsy, and Ur-Agal easily bats the wild strike away with an open palm.

Vir-Sashi, you're up.

Technical Details:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hybsil3: Move (D6:D10) Attack (13)
    Ur-Agal: Attack (15), Move (Sheathe Weapon)
    Goblin12: Move (G14:D11), Attack (20), Damage (3)
    Goblin8: Move (Charge, E14:C11), Attack (5)

Initiative:
    1. Hybsil2
    2. Goblin9
    3. Coanacoch
    4. Hybsil3 1 hp
    5. Ur-Agal 27 hp
    6. Goblin12
    7. Goblin8 AC 13, 1 round
    8. Vir-Sashi
    9. Tilmek 14 hp
    10. Li
    11. Necahual
    12. Hybsil1
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-01-12 at 02:26 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

29. - Top - End - #839
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi sees no time for subtelty. He unleashes an assaoult on the goblin. A high kick, followed by left hook, a claw to the stomach and even a bite to finish him. It should slow him down.

Spoiler
    Show

Flurry:
    (1d20+6)[7] dmg (1d6+3)[7]
    (1d20+6)[18] dmg (1d6+3)[6]
    Claw:
    (1d20+5)[8] dmg (1d2)[2]
    Bite:
    (1d20+5)[22] dmg (1d3)[1]

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek turns from the body of one goblin to another, satisfied that they would have someone to interrogate. Dropping all pretense of mercy he hardens his hand into a knife fist. He digs his fingers hard into the solar plexus of the the other goblin in his reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+7)[12]
    damage (1d8+1)[2] x2
    descisive strike for x2 damage
    karmic strike for ac 12