Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Maybe we should catch fish for supper? Or at least try?"

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch will go fishing with Vir'.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual is fine with them fishing. She'll finish setting up camp with the others and watching the camp. She'll take a midwatch later on.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li drops off his gear and begings to mark a perimiter for their area at the camp tying off bells in the candle whick at dispersed intervals. He makes sure to tie the whick low to the ground to avoid it being seen easily. That way the watch will be allerted to sound of unaware approachers should they get near.


  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi and Coanacoch make it to the stream with the fishing pole in tow after finding some nice juicy worms to help in their quest.

    The swollen waters of the thawing stream rush eagerly along its meandering path. A nervous hedgehog scurries away at the sight of your arrival grunting in dismay, as do a small family of deer. Several squirrels chatter at you angrily from their high perch and cast angry glares at you as they spiral their way up their massive tree-homes. Up the river you can see a scrawny bear batting away at the waters, growling its frustration. You see that several fish are making their way to their spawning grounds, and know that the bear will soon be rewarded for his efforts.

    The fish look like this (if anyone knows how to use HTML to resize these images, please tell me):
    Spoiler
    Show


    A crude, tiny bench rests at the edge of the river.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch will hand the fishing pole to D&G, and then move a little further upstream. They have food at camp if needed, and it isn't pride so much as training for himself, but Coanacoch finds a spot where he can brace against rocks just out a little so as not to be swept away.

    He calms his mind, in turn calming his body. Waiting for the chattering chill of his legs to subside. Very, very slowly he lowers his torso very parallel to the water. His right elbow raises high above his back, bent so that a striking cobra-claw fist is ready to zip in and grab a fish.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know how you want to run this .... either as a Survival check fluffed to be more monastic than fisherman-fishy, or what-have-you. Considering the glut of fish - if I understood that correctly - he might get lucky just because of the numbers.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    After helping setting up the tents, Han will start searching for some dry wood to create a fire.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi observes Coanacoch for a while and decides to try to emulate him. He goes int othe water, but a little bit futher away from the bear. He observes his commrade for a moment, then tries to repeat his movements.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li, once finished with his perimiter alarm dusts his hands off and starts grabbing rocks to line their future fire pit with to help prepair for the return of the others and hopefully a dinner that doesn't consist of their trail rations.


  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    The perimeter alarm goes off with bells ringing all around, the sound of a heavy body "whump"-ing on the ground, and finally the sounds of a woman cursing.

    A few seconds later, Necahual storms into camp with a light bruise on the sider of her forehead and tosses a wadded, long cut section of twine and a small bell or two onto the fire.

    It seems no one told her that there was an alarm system ....
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Ulyono sighs. "The highwaymen the sign speaks of probably refers to that band of half-orcs we encountered, doesn't it? It is difficult to accept the possibility that they will cause harm to others because of our inaction, but I suppose there was nothing more we could rightly do."

    Ulyono offers to see to preparing the evening meal.

    Spoiler
    Show

    [roll="Profession (cook)"]1d20+6[/roll]
    Finally got to make my first die roll :)

    * post roll count doesn't match database

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    @ Coanachoch & Vir-Sashi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a grapple check. While you're at it, roll a Concentration check. Those waters are cold, but add +2 to your Concentration since you are meditating.


    @ Han
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a Survival Check and a Spot Check
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Try 2.

    Spoiler
    Show

    [roll="Profession (cook)"]1d20+6[/roll]

    * post roll count doesn't match database

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Last time.

    Spoiler
    Show

    [roll0]

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    @ Coanacoch: The chill of the water brings numbness to your limbs, and your teeth chatter spasmodically as you slap bluntly into the frigid stream. Unfortunately it's chilling currents proved to be too much of a distraction for you, and the fish scatter wildly at the startling act, but regain their frenzied swim as the ripples of your impact subside.

    You see ahead that the bear is having a bit more luck than you and will be lumbering home with a very full belly. With a playful growl he slaps another fish high into the air and onto the river bank.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If you intend to try again, I'd like you to roll your first Fort Save vs. Cold weather before you do.


    @ Li: The thaw has wrecked your hopes of finding decent dry wood, but you manage to rummage together enough kindling and small twigs to set a blaze that may dry out some of the wet logs you've gathered. However, in your efforts, you manage to find a nest of eggs on a low hanging branch, as well as a rabbit hole. You also manage to find several common edible roots and mushrooms. You also come across a torn heavy green cloak with fine silver embroidering on it. It's still usable, if not a bit filthy and tattered.

    Soon the mist coats the ground too thickly to make out many more details in the dark. The woods go quiet except for the sound of the occasional coyote yipping at the moon, and the haunting song of nocturnal birds.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-04-19 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Changed color to spoilers... I'm sleepy.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han is happy to return with the little dry wood he found. He also brought with him some mushrooms and edible roots which can be used for dinner together with the fish he was hoping for. He leaves the eggs and the rabbithole alone.

    When he arrives at the cloak, he stands still for a moment considering. Not that he is interested in the cloak per se, since he would never wear anything with superfluous luxury on it, but he is more wondering if it would do well in the fire.
    In the end he decides to take it with him to try this out. Stumbling through the mist, he then tries to find his way back to the camp.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch wants to please his sister and friends with his prowess, so he tries again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save vs Cold (1d20+5)[8]
    Grapple (1d20+2)[12]
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Concentration: (1d20+7)[14]
    Grapple: proll]1d20+9[/roll]

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Grapple again: (1d20+9)[19]

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li heard the bells and instantly was at attention drawing his bow and waiting for a clear shot. When he saw it was Necha he began to laugh and lowered the bow.
    "Sorry abot that, but atleast we now it works now."
    When he sees he throw his bells into the fire he sets an evil glare at her and moves towards the fire hoping to use a stick to get the bells out.
    "The whick I don't mind burning so much as my bells. I only have a few of them and they are more expensive to replace if they break. Please don't do that again."


  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    @ Vir-Sashi:
    Focusing inward, you envision a perfect line from your hand to your target. Patience and fight back the urge to shiver, you breathe deeply, pause, then strike instantly like a coiled viper and retract just as swiftly with a fat, wriggling fish in your clawed hand. It flops wildly trying to escape your grasp and almost slips loose once. You have a tenuous grasp on the tail fin of the fish at the moment.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You are holding this fish for the equivalent of one round. Please roll a Fort Save vs. Cold


    @ Coanacoch:
    The cold thickens the blood in your veins and the chill makes it painfully hard to focus. Gritting your teeth through the effort you jab your hands into the frosty, clear water. As you strike, you manage to just tap a fish on the head, knocking it toward the base of the river. It races past you, fear granting it the power of haste.

    Spoiler
    Show
    You take 1 point of non-lethal CON damage every hour until you warm up. Fort Save negates. You're welcome to try again.


    The bear has now left with his rewards, happy to return to the warmth of his cave. Night has fallen and the mist gathers around the river in a thickening fog, making it difficult to see beyond the reach of the bench. Coanacoch and Vir-Sashi can still see up and down the river clearly enough to tell that the frenzy of fish are starting to thin out.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I caught something!" Broodguard yelled in excitement. He started to feel coldness of the water but tried as hard he can to fight it off. He picks up a fish and holds it in both hands, as he stats moving towards the riverside.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+7)[26]
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-19 at 08:01 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Shrugging off the cold, Vir-Sashi splashes back towards the bank of the stream with his prize in hand. The fish, flapping violently to free itself from the reptilian grasp, squirts out high into the air. Vir-Sashi flails at it wildly, trying to re-grasp it and at least manages to knock it safely onto land, where it can be more easily dealt with.

    Still in the water, Coanacoch, grits his teeth through the agonizing chill, and swats again at the thinning crowd of fish. Darting in with numb fingers, he manages to clutch and pull free a large and very startled speckled fish, which thrashes like a thing gone mad and slips free at an unfortunate inward swing... clubbing Coanacoch in the neck with a solid feeling -thud-. It ricochets off him and splashes heavily back into the water, leaving Coanacoch positively soaked.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    When Han arrives at the campsite, he is surprised to see that a fire is already burning. Now that was quick, I wonder who did that, he thinks.
    He also sees Li poking with a stick in the fire. And what is he trying to do?.
    He shakes his head in confusion and walks towards Li.
    I brought some dry wood with me to keep on the fire, and I also found some roots and mushrooms which maybe brother Ulyono can cook together with the fish. I also found this which will keep the fire on for a while I think. When he utters this last sentence, he shows the cloak he found in the forest.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashin jumps from the water and kicks the fish futher away from it, then tries to catch it again and smash it's head by smacking it on the ground.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume that will be Grapple again, right?
    (1d20+5)[9]

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    You get a firm grasp on the fish, but as you swing it to bang it against the rocks, it squirts out of your hand again- this time landing a few feet in front of you. However, it has quit it's flopping at last.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The fish failed the bajeezus out of its save vs. drowning. It is now unconscious.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I think it's dead. We have our food." proclaims Vir-Sashi and carries the fish to the campsite. Giving it to the others, he runs to catch another, grinning happily - it's so much fun being useful.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Once Li finishes retrieving his bells from the fire, he sets off grumbling to reattach them into his makeshift perimeter alarm. A soft sigh escaping his lips the entire time he trudges about. Hopefully this time no one decides to cut up his alarm system.


  29. - Top - End - #119
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Freezing with his teeth chattering, Coanacoch will return to the camp to warm himself in his bedroll (or a fire, if there is one).
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Will one fish be enough? Conacoch, are you okay? The water was very cold." Worried Broodguard asks his friend. After saying that he realizes that he too, is freezing and decides that yes, one fish is enough and goes with Conacoch to warm himself.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-20 at 06:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •