Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    @ Han Chun Li: It's very dark near the river and the mist is heavy enough there to have turned into a fog, but you manage to pick your way to it's edge nonetheless. You find the area near the old bench where Necahual and Vir-shashi caught your dinner. The pole is still resting by the bench. It's quiet and quite peaceful here. The whooshing sound of water and the chirping of crickets are the only sounds that break the silence. You can see the highlights of the eyes of small woodland creatures scurrying about on their endless midnight errands.

    @ Coanacoch, Li, and Vir-Sashi: Cleaning and gutting the Dire Weasel is a monumental task, but the three of you working together can get more than enough to supply your needs.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll a Survival Check: You may take 10 to receive 5 days rations (each) in meat and harvest enough fur to make a winter blanket out of it. Vir-Sashi can roll to aid Li, since Li is doing most of the cutting, from what I can tell.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Arrived at the river bank, Han Chun Li squats down and puts his torch in the ground. He wets a side of his sleeve and starts to carefully wash the blood and dirt from the mule. When he is satisfied, he will take his torch and walk back with the mule to the campfire, to try to get some rest.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Rolling survival to aid Li (1d20+3)[17]

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Rolling survival
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23]


    Woot! Yeah! I think we are making a kick butt team.
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-05-02 at 06:30 PM.


  5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Survival for Coanacoch: (1d20+1)[5]
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Working methodically, you manage to salvage over 300 lbs. of usable meat that will spoil in a few days if not properly salted and dried. You also salvage enough fur to make 2 winter blankets or four medium sized hide suits of armor. Most of the teeth are useless from being bashed in during the fight, but its massive 5 inch claws are all still intact and quite sharp. None of its bones seem to be broken, but the skull appears to have a small fracture next to the left eye where Necahual batted it with her quarterstaff.

    The entire process takes several hours and dawn will break in about an hour before you finish your work.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Han Chun Li and Necahual (who presumably went back to sleep also) will be fully rested. Everyone else, please roll a fort save vs. fatigue DC 12
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Roll save fort vs fatigue [roll0]

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry, somethign didn't worked rolling again (1d20+7)[12]

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    fort vs fatigue (1d20+9)[11]


  10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I ... the real PSinger ... rolled for coanacoch the other day, as I'll do here (having been given permission). We both have finals, but Rus' finals is a major music theater showcase, two major dance performances, voice juries, and a callback for an outside play and interview for some kind of "fight" position .... he stages swordfights and stuff.

    Necahual's Fort (1d20+7)[22]
    Coanacoch's Fort (1d20+5)[18]

    Lost should be fully back to his games after Monday.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Your new day begins. The smell of the weasel carcass is a bit strong, and there is reason to suspect it may start attracting scavengers soon.

    Necahual, Han Chun Li and Ulyono wake up to the site of Coanacoch, Vir-Sashi and Li finishing their grisly work.

    If you left now, you could be at Cliffside by midday. It would take you about an hour to an hour and a half to pack up your new possessions and properly dispose of the carcass.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-05 at 01:59 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    POSTING FOR ODIGITY:

    Ulyono stretches, but suppresses his yawn. "Oh man, that is ripe, Li. What are we going to do with all that meat?" He stands, rolls up his bed roll, and straps it onto his pack.

    "We'll need to bury the remnants so this place isn't overrun by scavengers before the next group of travelers arrive here. And we'll need to dry out those steaks or they'll spoil. I'll tell you what, I'll cook us a nice breakfast if you guys can pack up the provisions onto the mule and dispose of the carcass. Perhaps I can make some weasel-bacon," he offers with an unconfident shrug. "At least then we won't have to lug as much of it around."

    (Not sure if I got the color right...)
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-05 at 02:12 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Sure, I can take care of packing and disposal. I can even carry some of that myself." Vir-Sashi offers and goes doing just what he said.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han Chun Li wakes up with the smell of the weasel carcass and stands up. It appears they have been working hard. I think they can use a good breakfast now. he smiles to Ulyono. He looks worried to their mule. Maybe you can prepare something special for him too., he says while pointing at it.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Ulyono offers a few helpful tips to the group that has started packing everything up. "Once we get to Cliffside, I can dry them and convert them to rations. Perhaps the villagers there would be interested in taking some of this meat off our hands for a donation to the temple," he remarks happily as he begins preparing a fire and setting up his equipment. "But we have to hurry. It could take 10 hours of sunlight to dry the meat properly. The days are getting longer, but half of our sunlight will be lost before we arrive at Cliffside, so I may not be able to dry it until tomorrow. Still, once we're at Cliffside, I'm sure they'll have some salt that I can cure it with to keep it from spoiling at least."

    Ulyono looks to Han Chun Li, then back to the mule with a bit of concern and sympathy in his eyes.

    "To be honest, Brother Han, I don't even know what I could prepare for him. As far as I know, they eat grass and hay, right? I don't think there's anything I could cook for him that he would want, though he does look a bit pallid. Normally meat would be a good choice for replacing lost blood, but there are some vegetables that can help with low vigor..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Nature (1d20-1)[1]
    To discern a mule's diet.

    Profession: Cooking (1d20+6)[12]
    Just to get it out of the way.


    Ulyono can't seem to remember anything beyond cursory knowledge of a mule's diet. "Perhaps I can rummage through our rations and give him some nice vegetables."
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-05 at 01:48 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li sets to his tasks of packing up the useable remnats of the weasel before getting around to disposing of the usuable organs and sinew and such of the weasel. When that is done he begins to carefully disassemble his makeshift alarm system from last night, and pack up what little gear he unpacked from the night before. He carries on in relative silence making sure to keep an eye and ear out for any more beasts that may come out of the woods in the early hours of morning.


  17. - Top - End - #167
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch dutifully helps to pack, and when it is time to go, will return to the mule, soothing the beast as best he can.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    POSTING FOR ODIGITY:
    Ulyono finds some dried vegetables in the rations gives some to Han and Coanacoch to feed the mule with, then sets to the campfire to whip up a hearty breakfast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Profession: Cook (1d20+6)[15]


    It takes about an hour to prepare the meal, but the steaks smell delicious.
    Spoiler
    Show


    In spite of the limited resources, Ulyono puts together a feast to start your day with. His stomach growls loudly as he puts on the finishing touches.

    "There... breakfast is ready!" He chimes with a smile, as he drops a ration of bird seed into the carrier pigeon's cage.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-05-08 at 09:34 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Thank you. It looks and smells very tasty." Says Vir-Sashi and sits down to eat. He is quite hungry, especially after spending entire night working on the weasel's dead body and now taking care of it's remmants. Quite hungry and a bit tired.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han Chun Li thanks Ulyono: Thank you, brother Ulyono, a bit heavier a breakfast I am used to, but I'm sure it will taste delicious.
    He then turns to all of them Is everyone ready to leave, provided that we can find a way to transport the meatheap, I think it is best that we leave immediately after this breakfast.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Thank you, Ulyono," says Necahual simply. "I'm ready to leave."

    Spoiler
    Show
    If lurker is showing up as a character to replace Ulyono, then add the following ...

    "But, soft! What figure comes this way from the monastery? It looks like one of ours ...."
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    A young man, not much more than a boy comes running up the path. He stops in front of the group gasping for air. "I have *pant* a *pant* pant* Uly.." he says as he waves a letter and tries to catch his breath. After catching his breath he straightens up and starts again. "I have a letter from the Abbey. I was told to deliver it to Ulyono." He holds the sealed letter out in front of him, unsure of which one of them is Ulyono.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    POSTING FOR ODIGITY:
    Ulyono bows and says, "I am Ulyono." He takes the letter from the young man and reads it silently. His face goes ashen as he reads it. "I must leave," he says with a gasp, "at once."

    Ulyono takes little time to prepare, leaving most of his supplies behind, and climbs awkwardly onto the horse (that we'll assume the new guy rode in on) and dashes off down the path to the monastery.

    Whatever it was that was caused him to leave without so much as a goodbye was clearly serious, and you all get the hunch that he won't be returning soon... if at all.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han Chun Li was still enjoying his breakfast when all of this happened. He tried to say goodbye to brother Ulyono, but he seemed to ignore everything around him.
    He then looked up to the new person who arrived just now and bowed to him I am Han Chun Li, what is your name brother?

    After receiving an answer: Here, you can have some breakfast if you want. Is it your mission to join us to Cliffside, or do you have to return to the abbey?
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I am Tilmek." He says bowing low, making a fist with one hand and clasping it with his other. He rises with a grin on his face and adds, "And I would love some breakfast. I was told that I was to go where I was most useful, and seeing as you are now a man short, I think that with you is where I can do the most good."
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Han nods to Tilmek. Welcome in our group then. We are currently on our way to Cliffside to help the local farming community with their internal conflicts and of course if needed, we also help them fend off enemy attacks on their lands. Our main mission there is to keep the peace and make sure the farmers can do their work without too much hassle. Our group consists at the moment of Coanacoch and Necahual, Li and Vir-Sashi. We are almost set to leave after this breakfast. While he gives the names of everyone, he points at the person in question to indicate who he is talking about.
    Last edited by zever; 2012-05-09 at 02:41 AM.
    My character:
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li looks up from his plate as the boy pants and lets out a low breath. This was going to be annoying. Sure enough, they loose a member of some use and gain a child. Who was eating after having done no work to earn the meal. He would have spoken up, but decided against it as he assumed he would be out numbered on that vote.

    Being his usual less than cheery self, Li stared at the boy as he sat down to eat.
    So kid, what use are you? The rest of us have demonstrated ability and our areas of specialty. Be nice to know if we need to whipe your nose and hold your hand when things goes south, or where you will vanish to in a fight to be most effective.


  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Vir-Sashi waves sadly, suprised by Ulyono suddenly leaving them."It must been something important, I hope it's not anything bad." He thought to himself.
    "Do you think he will return soon?" He asks others."I hope that whatever has called him back isn't anything bad. Oh, and nice to meet you Timlek."

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Well... I'm strong.. and hard to hit..." He says somewhat embarassed. He looks arty his feet then says "And I work hard to become better all the time..."
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Li, how about this," says the burly Amedian woman. "He ran here from the monastery. That's stamina right there. C'mon, he's an advanced novice just like the rest of us. How can you act like you've never met him? It's not like the monastery is a city."

    Tilmek recognizes the muscular woman, and recognizes that stamina is very much what she prizes in herself and a warrior. She is of a group that believes that in the end this technique and that technique, given two similarly focused warriors, will really come to such a stalemate in battle that endurance - not power, agility, or technique - will win the day.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •