New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

Necahual's younger brother Coanacoch waves and says, "Hi, Tilmek! Welcome to the party."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you Necahual." he says bowing again but doesn't look up. Then he turns back to Coanacoch and Vir-Sashi saying, "Thank you both for your warm welcome." he still doesn't look up but is smiling widely.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Goblin

"Wait, I think I may remember you. Say, aren't you that guy who once fallen into Master Chasumi's study through the roof?" Asks Vir-Sashi, curious.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek smiles sheepishly then says, "Well yes, that was me. I didn't feel like I was learning enough in my classes, so I was trying to see Master Chasumi's scrolls. When I got there he told me that I wasn't sufficientlly enlightened enough to understand them yet. So I went to the roof to look at the stars and meditate. Unfortunately I was much clumsier when I was a kid and I fell through the roof. He didn't believe that iwasnt trying to steal his scrolls, so he gave me stable duties for a week. However he was impressed that I managed to escape a fall from that high without injury, so he placed me in the martial meditation classes."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Li finishes his meal before turning to burly Bertha.Running for a day is great...means that maybe when something attacks him he can run until it gives up or drops from exhaustion. In the end it seems we will see what he is capable of when something attacks him. Hopefully, he can hold his own. If not well...atleast he will be remembered favorably by the elders.

With that he put up his dishes and began to make final checks and preperations for them to head out. He was ready to get this over with, so he could get back to his training. Being away from the monastary gave him too much time to think. Think of his past, his failure, and most of all...of her.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

The meal was hearty and invigorating. Those who ate it, get a +1 on their next Fort Save and +1 Temp HP (until the end of the day or until it gets expended, whichever comes first).

With all your gear packed and everyone ready to go, you head off in the direction of Cliffside. The journey is peaceful, if a bit dull. The sickly kissing sound of slogging through mud is the only breach of silence on the path when you aren't talking to one another.

However, as you get close to Cliffside, you can't help but feel like the quiet has become unnerving. The first set of farms come into view, but there are no farmers or cattle. As the second farm comes into view, you notice that it, too is completely vacant. Not one pig's squeal, chicken's cluck, or lamb's bleat can be heard. Even the birds seem to have forsaken this place. The town center is about a half an hour from the second farm.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Li stops and draws his longbow, with an arrow knocked. His eyes scanning the environment.I don't like this. I don't like this one bit. Either there was a slaughter and the enemy left, or they are still nearby waiting to ambush someone. Everyone, eyes and ears open. I don't want to catch an surprises. Assume formation!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek takes a calming breath and widens his feet into a defensive stance. He continues walking, but keeps an ear out for any trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action to declare a dodge gainst anyone/thing that attacks me

9. - Top - End - #189

Coanacoch says, "Yeah, won't hurt to be careful. But let's head into the town center. There might be some answers there, and we don't want to go thumbing through farms just yet ... until we know there's trouble."
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han Chun Li moves quietly on with the rest, looking around for traces of what might have happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check if needed:
    (1d20+2)[22]

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi moves into formation and once again uses his enchanced senses to see or hear any danger that might be approaching them.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot (1d20+8)[25]
    Listen (1d20+7)[21]

12. - Top - End - #192

Coanacoch accepts that most of the other monk's are better at sentinel skills, but he keeps alert as he can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot/ Listen (as appropriate, same mod): (1d20+5)[24]
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual stays alert as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot/ Listen (1d20+9)[13]
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Li begins to move towards the town carefully keeping his eyes and ears open. Double move action on total defense at half speed. AC20.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi notices strange signs that something is wrong. Doors slighty off the line, farm tools dropped hastily around, empty stable, trampled grass. And the smoke over town center.
    "Something burned here." He whispers to his friends.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek follows the others and strains his eyes and ears to make sure they don't get snuck up on.

Spoiler
    Show
    listen (1d20+8)[16]
    Spot (1d20+3)[11]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual stops and says, "Unnatural silence ... and that low-lying dark cloud ahead."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

As you progress down the road, the town center comes into view. Much of the town center is burnt to its foundation, but it appears to have happened a few days ago. Burnt bodies are littered throughout the town, but are heavily concentrated toward the meeting hall. Around the square, shop doors have been blasted open, leaving spear-like shards of wood hanging from hinges. Vending booths have been ransacked of their wares and burnt.

The stench is incredible. It smells like a combination of burnt and rotting flesh, as well as decaying fruits and vegetables. The ash stings your eyes.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Li lets loose a string of curses at the smell similar to a drunken sailor catching his manhood in seel hatch. As he surveys the area a feeling of despair builds in his stomach.
    Well...seems we failed this mission before we left the temple. Now we have a few options. We can call it a day and go home, we can burry these people then go home, or we can try to hunt down whoever did this and bring retribution to them. What'll it be boys?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi looks around in terror. He cannot belive his own eyes. He haven't seen so many death, so many pointless cruelty, since...since...

Since he was serving Yuan-Ti.

"Those people deserve at least proper funeral. But our mission is far from over. We need to track down whoever did this...this terrible thing, and we need to punish them. Murderous...monsters....like that cannot be allowed to walk free. That's what.....that's what a true friend of justice would do. He says, shaking with anger. Not because of the deaths. But because of what mockery of justice is the fact that whoever did this, did not faced the punishment. He promied himself, deep in his heart, that he will become stronger. Strong enough to be able to stop any bastard who will attempt such thing ever again.

21. - Top - End - #201

Coanacoch cuts Vir-Sashi off about five words into his speech.

"Ssssh," he hisses while pointing into a merchant's shop at the same time as he takes out a kama. "Goblinspeak."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilmek's eyes tear up. As he looks around. He'd never even seen a dead body, let alone anything that could prepare him for this level of destruction. He had no words to describe what he felt, so he stayed silent. When Coanacoch says he hears something, Tilmek angrily rubs the tears from his eyes and tries to focus. He takes a calming breath to try and center himself.... it doesn't work.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi shuts up and look in direction pointed by Li. He doesn't say anything, but assumes defensive stance, in case the goblins, or whatever it is, would come out.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

When Han Chun Li arrived at the scene, he felt a mixture of emotions: disgust and horror because of what he saw and smelled, anger and dissapointment because they were too late to stop what had happened. As soon as Coanacoch points in the direction where the goblinspeak comes from, Han Chun Li knew what to do. This was no time for standing around, somebody had to do something about it and if no-one else was about to move, that somebody had to be him. Without thinking too much but filled with anger he moves in the direction of the goblinspeak.
    Last edited by zever; 2012-05-12 at 01:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi stops Han. He puts a finger to his mouth, trying to mimick human gesture to be quiet, then gets closer to him and wishpers into his ear.
    "I'll go from the front, you sneak from behind, if they have any other doors or windows."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Han thinks a sec about this plan. He then remembers the words of Master Caramip about stealthiness and teamwork and nods approvingly to the idea of Vir-Sashi. After this, he moves as silently as he can to the back of the house and checks there for another entrance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently roll if necessary:
    (1d20+1)[16]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Banned

Goblin

Vir-Sashi observes the house, while Han moves to it's back, to make sure no agressor will notice him. Once he sees signal from Han that he has found other entrance, he will try to sneak to the front doors, so how he also moves silenty on better position.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check (1d20+8)[23]
    Listen check (1d20+7)[27]
    Move Listnetly (1d20+6)[22]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

As Han and Vir-Sashi close in on the merchant's shop, you can tell that some of the Goblins inside are in the midst of a heated argument as they quarrel over a small sum of money found behind the shop's counter. The merchant inside is dead, with a spear thrust precisely through his neck which had him pinned to the wall, causing him to hang weirdly from it as if he was leaning against the wall and relaxing. Most of his possessions have been stripped away and he is nearly nude except for a few tatters of clothes here and there, and his tongue is lolling out of his gaping mouth, eyes still wide in terror.

The shop itself is the definitive example of shambolic. Paper notes and receipts are cast everywhere; sacks of grains and oat have been tossed around; bottles are smashed; broken shards of tools and chairs litter the ground, glued down by the dried blood. The handrail up the stairs is collapsed where a body, presumably, flew through it and several barrels and crates are cracked and leaking their wares.

Aside from the two bigger goblins fighting over the money, one other smaller goblin appears to be poking around at the various rubble on the ground, trying to find something salvageable from the debris. You can hear the sounds of other goblin voices shouting down single words or short phrases from upstairs.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

29. - Top - End - #209

Coanacoch, always having been too fidgety for stealth, waits to rush in as soon as he hears Han or Vir shout or begin to make a commotion.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Necahual, even less capable than her brother at stealth, says to Han as he begins to scamper, "I'll provide you a diversion to help your stealth."

She stomps into the store, attempting to make sure that she is the primary target-of-interest for goblin eyes and ears. She strolls right into the shop, whistling, and says, "Pardon me, are you the proprieter? Great. I'd like to get a bag of flour, a pound of butter, two hand kegs of ale, a hammer, a tin of carpenter's nails, and a new blade for my saw. Oh, and your heads on a pike."
    Spoiler
    Show
    She readies an action with her quarterstaff to crack the skull of the first goblin that comes her way.

She is sure to stand in an open area where she might be easily surrounded, or goblins might try to pass her (Combat Reflexes), but she'll do so with Combat Expertise of 2 (CE2)
    * Attack: (1d20+3)[22], including CE2.
    * Damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    * AC is now 16.

What type of armor do these guys wear?

You said "bigger" ... do you just mean more muscular/ burly ... or do you mean "much bigger" ... as in Size Medium (vice Size Small)?
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-05-12 at 02:48 PM.
    Current Games