New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ménage à 3 III: 47 Seconds Later

This is actually starting to creep me out.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it is as they say...
    "One person's nightmare is another person's paradise."

I'm not quite sure what side I am on but anything that makes Yuki horny while lying next to DiDi must lead to some interesting events.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    This is actually starting to creep me out.
    I'm with this. Anyone taking bets that she'll turn out to not be bi after all?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    I'm with this. Anyone taking bets that she'll turn out to not be bi after all?
    Considering how deep-seated her issues are, I doubt they'd fully go away until years of treatment and going about it delicately, and even then likely only with Gary. I think she could genuinely be bisexual, but a bigger chance is that she is simply biromantic and homosexual.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

I think that's too complicated for this comic.

Everything is fair game and people change their outlooks at the drop of a hat, and it never gets in the way what would be the most funny development.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Well, at least the comic poked upon YukixDidi with this one. Not insofar as predicted, but still.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

And yet this is still all about Gary.

(Also, first panel Zii? Oh my. )
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

...Yeah, that earlier comment that Yuki is a biromantic lesbian? I'm going to assume that's the case now.

I can buy her having romantic feelings for Gary, but her fantasies do nothing to convince me she has sexual feelings for men.

DiDi seems a little more like her old self in this set, but that's mostly because she hasn't really done much besides be Yuki's bunkmate lately. I'm still kind of hoping selfish jerkwad DiDi's phase is over and she gets to be likable again.
    Holy crap, I have a blog!

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
    her fantasies do nothing to convince me she has sexual feelings for men.
    She has no experience with men, so her dreams are going to go with what she knows.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-07-12 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    She has no experience with men, so her dreams are going to go with what she knows.
    Nah, I'd tend to agree with the biromantic statement... But it's just a hunch.

Also, Yuki is a lucky girl. And DiDi. Maybe. But I'm not sure how I feel about super busty Zii.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

So, nothing new on Sonjy seducing Zii? I mean... my earlobe fetish was tingling like crazy when I read the strip to be honest. Will Zii be strong or...?

12. - Top - End - #342

Griffon

Despite being a ditz, Sonya has a point. I can't help but wonder whether we're supposed to feel sympathy for Zii's discomfort or to applaud the 'karma' that has come back to bite her. There's not really enough of either for me to think anything other than "Eric is inevitably going to be disappointed in some way", which is sad because he's one of the few genuinely nice characters.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmyeah... i'm kinda waiting for the shoe in form of Eric entering the scene to drop. As it stands everything's up in the air as far as the situation goes.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Those are some quick reflexes.

Won't he wonder why she's having Zii's jacket on backwards? Better than the alternative, I guess.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

I see even Zii is impressed with that speed. :O

(Also interesting to see that it's Sonya fully being in the predator role here and Zii as the (mostly) unwilling target.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346

Sonya-Zii-Eric

DD-Yuki-Gary

There you go people. Double threesome!

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

Matt-Dillon-Jung

Three threesomes.
    Last edited by YeahThatGuy; 2012-07-19 at 04:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    I see even Zii is impressed with that speed. :O
    I can't look at that picture and not get hooked on how extremely strange that backwards jacket looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    (Also interesting to see that it's Sonya fully being in the predator role here and Zii as the (mostly) unwilling target.)
    Predator is a strong word. Besides, as she says, it's not like Zii cared about her boyfriend. Assuming she's not really serious with Erik, or at least available for some extra on the side, isn't that farfetched. Zii really kind of brought this on herself, in my mind.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-07-20 at 10:36 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, she definitely did bring this on herself. And it amuses me.

Edit: Even Eric seems to be actively trying to tempt her. :O
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-07-21 at 01:06 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, first panel works for me.

Now if only I could get my wife to learn bass guitar and be showing a similar amount of cleavage...

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Considering Zii's been advancing in the right direction with Eric and all, what do we estimate the chances to be that she will tell him about Sonya's feelings -- and if so, when?

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Despite being a ditz, Sonya has a point. I can't help but wonder whether we're supposed to feel sympathy for Zii's discomfort or to applaud the 'karma' that has come back to bite her. There's not really enough of either for me to think anything other than "Eric is inevitably going to be disappointed in some way", which is sad because he's one of the few genuinely nice characters.
    Personally, I applaud Sonya's persistence not so much as karma but reminding Zii that her behavior for most of the comic has consequences, even if she appeared to avoid nearly all of them affecting HER.

Sort of like how I don't feel a bad guy pulling a boy scout act in the eleventh-and-a-half hour should be treated like a hero or get immediate entry into heaven, Zii just snapping her fingers and deciding she's done philandering after her philandering ruined Sonya's relationship and left her confused about her sexuality should not remove the consequences of seducing a decent but not particularly bright woman for funsies and then acting like nothing happened when she's stuck participating in orgies she doesn't want after you leave.

Things Zii didn't consider very important could mean a lot more to other people, such as Sonya falling for her while Zii wanted nothing but a one-night stand with her. Zii's been a more likable character overall since deciding to change her ways, but she's still being an enormous jerk as far as Sonya's concerned, and I think she ought to be stuck with her so she learns to resolve problems she brought on herself like an adult.

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way. One's heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and large there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not a big Sonya fan, but woah. KISS and cleavage? Forgive my blush.

24. - Top - End - #354

Griffon

Personally, I applaud Sonya's persistence not so much as karma but reminding Zii that her behaviour for most of the comic has consequences, even if she appeared to avoid nearly all of them affecting HER.
    I like how you think, and I almost agree with you but for the fact that I can't believe that Sonya is doing it on purpose.

All that we have seen of her so far is that she is quite shallow and a bit naive (if we're being generous; I think 'dim' is probably more accurate), and to be honest I don't think she has it in her to deliberately make such an active cause-and-effect connection between the two and then to take such an active role in enacting anything like 'punishment'.

That's why I'm not sure how I should be interpreting this latest plot. Is it like you said - Someone is calling Zii out on her selfish ways and is threatening to show her how it feels? But Sonya really likes her and hasn't at any point been a mean person, certainly not to the point of deliberately breaking Zii and Eric up out of spite (even Zii didn't go that far).
    Is it just Sonya being a lustful ditz and blundering her way through Zii's half hearted complaints in the name of comedy? Maybe, but her comments are actually quite biting and ironic rather than 'funny'.

It's really weird, I just can't judge the tone of the comic right now. Clearly there's meant to be a bit of humour, but I'm really interested to see where it's ultimately heading.

25. - Top - End - #355

I like how you think, and I almost agree with you but for the fact that I can't believe that Sonya is doing it on purpose.

All that we have seen of her so far is that she is quite shallow and a bit naive (if we're being generous; I think 'dim' is probably more accurate), and to be honest I don't think she has it in her to deliberately make such an active cause-and-effect connection between the two and then to take such an active role in enacting anything like 'punishment'.

That's why I'm not sure how I should be interpreting this latest plot. Is it like you said - Someone is calling Zii out on her selfish ways and is threatening to show her how it feels? But Sonya really likes her and hasn't at any point been a mean person, certainly not to the point of deliberately breaking Zii and Eric up out of spite (even Zii didn't go that far).
    Is it just Sonya being a lustful ditz and blundering her way through Zii's half hearted complaints in the name of comedy? Maybe, but her comments are actually quite biting and ironic rather than 'funny'.

It's really weird, I just can't judge the tone of the comic right now. Clearly there's meant to be a bit of humour, but I'm really interested to see where it's ultimately heading.
    Oh. I didn't so much mean that Sonya was calling Zii out on purpose as I meant that her continued presence is good as a way for the universe to say "You broke it, you bought it. Now you have to clean up your mess." to Zii.

Normally, things go how Zii wants them too. She banged that troll's mom because she was angry at the troll, and for her there were no lasting consequences. She slept around, and didn't consider relationships much, and there were no lasting consequences.

She slept with Sonya, however, and there's a consequence; Sonya won't leave her alone now because the casual sex Zii wanted from her meant a lot more to Sonya, and it's not a problem Zii can just will away or ignore now that she's trying to be monogamous.

26. - Top - End - #356

RogueGuy

It's your steriotypical 'Ladykiller in Love' trope in effect. Zii is trying to grow, but in doing so is finding herself in situations where she can 't run away/manipulate/screw her way out of situation. Hopefully (and I like the character so I want her to 'win' she can work through his, confront her behaviour, grow as a person and live happily ever after with...what's-his-name.

Seriously, does anyone else find it ominous that no effort is being made to develop Eric as anything other than 'Some bloke Zii wants a relationship with'?

Of course this could all end with Zii and Eric and Sonya having a stable, long term polyamourous relationship- a middle path for her if you will.

27. - Top - End - #357

Griffon

Oh. I didn't so much mean that Sonya was calling Zii out on purpose as I meant that her continued presence is good as a way for the universe to say "You broke it, you bought it. Now you have to clean up your mess." to Zii.
    Oh, I get it. At first, I read it as though Sonya were telling that to Zii. Then yeah, I see what you mean.

Having said that.... It's not much of a lesson that she's learning, is it? If she does convince Sonya to go away, she gets to have a monogamous relationship (which she seems to be enjoying) with Erik who, so far, seems to be very bland and has little character beyond "he buys her stuff that she likes" (like the concert tickets, and the sweets, and funding her band, etc) so Zii wins.

If, however, she gives in and lets herself be seduced by Sonya, she gets.... well, seduced by Sonya (who is gorgeous) and ends up in a monogamous relationship with her. Not exactly what you might call a 'Lesser Evil', is it?

Again, I'm not sure what to think. The worst that will happen is that Zii gets lots of sex with someone who is physically incredible (unless she gets greedy and tries to cheat on both, but the way things are going -her happiness with Erik and her new-found 'morals' - I don't see her going for that) so it's not like I'm feeling sorry for her, and yet.....

Having said that, either relationship has a different expression of power; Zii has previously protested about having a steady relationship with just one person, but Erik showers her with gifts and encourages her to indulge in her musical career. He's just happy that she is happy, apparently.
    Sonya, on the other hand, has expectations of Zii that she expects returned; I don't think Erik has ever explicitly requested that Zii and he 'go steady' whereas Sonya has straight away asked to be an equal partner in the relationship, what with stating her own sex drive and requirements.

So.... A male figure who only gives her what she wants, versus a demanding female who expects Zii to at least hold up her side of the 'bargain'. Is anyone else thinking 'parental issues', or is that just me?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-07-22 at 05:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Again, I'm not sure what to think. The worst that will happen is that Zii gets lots of sex with someone who is physically incredible (unless she gets greedy and tries to cheat on both, but the way things are going -her happiness with Erik and her new-found 'morals' - I don't see her going for that) so it's not like I'm feeling sorry for her, and yet.....
    (emphasis mine)

Okay, I was planning to stay out of this but now I feel like saying part of my bit: What do you mean, new found morals? She always had morals, just because they didn't fit your or anyone else's idea doesn't mean they weren't there. She wants a monogamous relationship now, not before. That's a new goal in life, not new morals. If she had been in monogamous relationships yet constantly cheating (like a certain bisexual male) it would have been a moral problem, so it's got nothing to do with that as far as I'm concerned.
    Oh, sure she did things people might consider amoral but from what we have seen we can't say whether she would judge someone now who does what she did earlier. She's annoyed by Sonjy, that doesn't mean she things what she does is amoral.

29. - Top - End - #359

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    (emphasis mine)

Okay, I was planning to stay out of this but now I feel like saying part of my bit: What do you mean, new found morals? She always had morals, just because they didn't fit your or anyone else's idea doesn't mean they weren't there.
    ....Yeah, you're reading entirely too much into that.

I am referring entirely to the same hypocrisy that Sonya pointed out; that Zii has shown almost no regard for the sanctity of other peoples' relationships, until doing so benefits herself.

I haven't disparaged her or anybody else's lifestyle, nor have I been part of the "OMG ZII IS EVIL!" crowd, but maybe 'morals was the wrong word to use. 'Principles' might've been better, perhaps?
    At the very least, I *am* saying that hers is a sudden revelation based entirely on a few days of being woo'd by a self confessed millionaire and I don't think there's been enough of a plot development for us to take it seriously. Certainly, not yet, at least.

Oh, sure she did things people might consider amoral but from what we have seen we can't say whether she would judge someone now who does what she did earlier.
    Yes we can. She was quite ready and willing to rip Gary a new one when he cheated on Yuki. Or maybe that's just a case of "one rule for Zii and her conquests, another for everyone else" that makes it okay to commit adultery so long as it isn't with someone that Zii has 'claimed'?

...Okay, I take it all back. Zii isn't amoral, immoral or evil, but she *is* a darn hypocrite and now I REALLY don't feel sympathy for her!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2012-07-23 at 06:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, guess I got a bit touchy with all the "Zii gets what she deserves" posts. I like her even if she's not perfect.
    I am referring entirely to the same hypocrisy that Sonya pointed out; that Zii has shown almost no regard for the sanctity of other peoples' relationships, until doing so benefits herself.
    I don't know.. as for what we know Zii's interferences into other people's relationships were always welcome by the other party while Sonya is rather forcing herself on Zii. I'm not trying to judge but that's my recollection of what we know.

Yes we can. She was quite ready and willing to rip Gary a new one when he cheated on Yuki. Or maybe that's just a case of "one rule for Zii and her conquests, another for everyone else" that makes it okay to commit adultery so long as it isn't with someone that Zii has 'claimed'?
    Well, one could argue Yuki is a good friend of Zii's and Yuki doesn't follow the same life style as she does so I guess it is kind of valid to defend your friend... from your other friend. Meh, but I really don't want to start another big "How evil is Zii" argument... Let's just hope for more nice shots of Bassist Sonya.