New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Ménage à 3 III: 47 Seconds Later

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    Yuki is psychologically messed up. Like actually messed up. Gary, on the other hand, is just a spineless sack of crap for whom I have zero respect.
    I don't usually view stage props, accessories, or furniture as being worthy or unworthy of respect. Gary falls into that category as well.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I don't usually view stage props, accessories, or furniture as being worthy or unworthy of respect. Gary falls into that category as well.
    I realized how dumb it was to get wound up about a fictional character shortly after I posted.

But you probably meant that Gary is about as functional and capable of making decisions as a stage prop, didn't you?
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

3. - Top - End - #1113

I realized how dumb it was to get wound up about a fictional character shortly after I posted.

But you probably meant that Gary is about as functional and capable of making decisions as a stage prop, didn't you?
    Pretty much. I'm still being generous and assuming he's sentient, rather than being an extremely advanced blow-up doll with a leak that happens to sound like words.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm on my own but I wouldn't be tat hard on either. Yuki breaks up with Gary because she realizes she's a terrible girlfriend. Okay, she asks for swirly privileges which is selfish but... I guess they needed a punchline? I don't know. I wouldn't put it up as THE MOST HORRIBLE THING to do or anything.
    And Gary... come on, as if anything about that is news. You act like he even behaved differently... Calling him a walking sex doll is pretty harsh when he is just... spineless. (Though we really could get reminiscence of the fact that it is not all about sex in Gary's life, even if it's just a nerd joke)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Okay, I'm on my own but I wouldn't be tat hard on either. Yuki breaks up with Gary because she realizes she's a terrible girlfriend. Okay, she asks for swirly privileges which is selfish but... I guess they needed a punchline? I don't know. I wouldn't put it up as THE MOST HORRIBLE THING to do or anything.
    And Gary... come on, as if anything about that is news. You act like he even behaved differently... Calling him a walking sex doll is pretty harsh when he is just... spineless. (Though we really could get reminiscence of the fact that it is not all about sex in Gary's life, even if it's just a nerd joke)
    I feel bad for them, but I also want to give both of them a sharp rap around the head.

Yuki at least seems to be attempting to deal with her issues (her phobia and self-centered-ness). She isn't really, but her 'breakup' with Gary is a big step down from when we originally saw her (utterly obsessed with Zii, unable to accept her relationship had ended, and blaming men for her condition rather than attempting to seek help). So a C for her efforts.

Gary...I feel sorry for him, but I will not deny that his problems are entirely his own. He has been holding himself back through fear, spinelessness and cowardice since the beginning...he is intelligent, attractive (especially once the trousers come off, apparently) and apparently amazing in bed...but he makes no effort to project himself or make a stand for what he wants. He really hasn't grown at all as a character, as opposed to Zii and Yuki.

I do feel sorry for him, but my first piece of advice to him is 'stand up for yourself, man.'

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Somebloke View Post
    Gary...I feel sorry for him, but I will not deny that his problems are entirely his own. He has been holding himself back through fear, spinelessness and cowardice since the beginning...he is intelligent, attractive (especially once the trousers come off, apparently) and apparently amazing in bed...but he makes no effort to project himself or make a stand for what he wants. He really hasn't grown at all as a character, as opposed to Zii and Yuki.
    On the one hand, I agree with you - Gary as a character would benefit greatly from actively doing something to help himself out, be it something as simple as to just disagree with someone and stand up for himself. While the passive male role makes for a traditional anime harem story, I for one would hope for something more from and esteemed author like Giz.

On the other.... I don't really remember any point where Gary has said that he is unhappy in general.

Okay, he's just broken up with Yuki, who occasionally treated him badly and often didn't treat him as well as he deserved, but by most accounts he couldn't say out loud that he loved her and yet he hasn't actively stated that he DISlikes her or what few sexual antics they HAVE achieved so far.
    By comic logic - if it doesn't happen in a panel then we must assume that it has not occurred - all we know is that he is being chased by several hot girls, several of whom he gets to perform oral sex upon, and even while he has complained about how those girls might have treated him meanwhile, he hasn't complained about it otherwise.

And forgive me for being shallow, but if that were the case - he dislikes being 'left out' but otherwise enjoys giving out swirleys - then I would have a hard time disagreeing with him in the same situation.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2013-01-13 at 12:22 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Gary frakkin' better ask for a returned favor once Sonya comes down Cloud Nine. If he doesn't, I'm ready to join the choir in calling him gutless.
    IN MEMORIAM 1983-2013. Bot as necessary.

Halforums.com - For the love of God, don't ask about the steak.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

I must say, it's interesting to see the reactions to a man getting sexually objectified. Funny how we get our heckles up when a male isn't realistic and well-rounded.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    I must say, it's interesting to see the reactions to a man getting sexually objectified. Funny how we get our heckles up when a male isn't realistic and well-rounded.
    Uh... where was the female main character in the comic similarly objectified that I wasn't annoyed about?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Yuki is psychologically messed up. Like actually messed up. Gary, on the other hand, is just a spineless sack of crap for whom I have zero respect.
    Why does the author write so many mentally damaged women?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

11. - Top - End - #1121

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Of course, most of us are men and the idea of putting one's self into the nearest surrogate's shoes is pretty old I'm given to understand.

Also, for all their craziness, most of the women in the cast feel more like characters than Gary, who, if we have to imagine him as a person breaks suspension of disbelief as far as I can tell, hence why he's been mentally reassigned to "prop."

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Why does the author write so many mentally damaged women?
    I don't think it's so much that it's the women as it is everyone. None of the characters I've seen from either Gizelle or T Campbell have been what I'd call sane, the ones that appear sane only appear so because they're either characters in passing or we just haven't gotten to know them well enough for the crazy to come out.

And I'm sure it's as much due to the eccentricity of the writer as it is due to a belief that such is their established niche in the market as it were and that's what is wanted from them and what they're delivering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, because screwed up people create more fun stories. OK, it fails here, but look at, say, Questionable Content. The whole cast has issues on some level or the other, some more than others, yet, with a few hiccups, still remains an enjoyable read with characters worth caring about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Eh, because screwed up people create more fun stories. OK, it fails here, but look at, say, Questionable Content. The whole cast has issues on some level or the other, some more than others, yet, with a few hiccups, still remains an enjoyable read with characters worth caring about.
    Basically, yeah. I was prettymuch going to say the exact same thing, but considering the last time I drew a comparison between the two it didn't go over well, I left it out.

But yes, people who aren't "screwed up" in some way create for stories that are more boring. People without issues (mental, physical, sexual or otherwise) who communicate well are the epitome of stories where nothing narratively exciting happens.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    But yes, people who aren't "screwed up" in some way create for stories that are more boring. People without issues (mental, physical, sexual or otherwise) who communicate well are the epitome of stories where nothing narratively exciting happens.
    The thing to realise as a writer is that screwed up people who don't communicate well include the majority of human society. Making people crazy does not exclude making them realistic. That is where Ma3 has a way to go.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. I had to see it to believe it. Gary got lucky.

Taking bets which region explodes first, north or south?
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Well. I had to see it to believe it. Gary got lucky.

Taking bets which region explodes first, north or south?
    ? Montreal is in the Northern hemisphere, what is there to wonder about?

But seriously, I'm VERY curious what's going to happen next.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Last time it happened, the character involved, besides the Spineless Wonder, was quickly evicted from the comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

18. - Top - End - #1128

Gahoy indeed gary, Gahoy indeed. Heh, I wonder if after this he will remember that amber and her friend also wanted a piece of his swirly skills and the benefits that will come from that?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Gahoy indeed gary, Gahoy indeed. Heh, I wonder if after this he will remember that amber and her friend also wanted a piece of his swirly skills and the benefits that will come from that?
    Traab wants the world to implode, it seems...
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder how much Amber and Dillon will be appearing in Ma3 now that they've got a comic of their own, really.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #1131

Traab wants the world to implode, it seems...
    Well if sex with gary is the way to get rid of characters fastest, this seems like a clever way to end things. Have gary swirly and bone his way through the entire cast. The last panel is him turning away from that comic book store guy in bed, turning out the light, and saying, "Goodnight everybody!"

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well if sex with gary is the way to get rid of characters fastest, this seems like a clever way to end things. Have gary swirly and bone his way through the entire cast. The last panel is him turning away from that comic book store guy in bed, turning out the light, and saying, "Goodnight everybody!"
    But Yuki can't have sex with him... and possibly other characters won't... like Eric. Or comic store guy. So we are stuck with all heterosexual guys and homosexual girls for the rest of the comic? (Or phallo-phobic girls (is that a word?))

Still, if Sonya vanishes after this you are probably up to something.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #1133

But Yuki can't have sex with him... and possibly other characters won't... like Eric. Or comic store guy. So we are stuck with all heterosexual guys and homosexual girls for the rest of the comic? (Or phallo-phobic girls (is that a word?))

Still, if Sonya vanishes after this you are probably up to something.
    Nope, he has a threesome with yuki and zii. Just by proxy yuki vanishes. Or, she sees zii go head over heels for garys, by now, expert lovemaking skills, and is able to give it a try.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

I won't be too harsh on Gary, he had a pretty serious case of blue-balls and no wonder he's not thinking properly. He's bound to reevaluate what he wants to do after the novelty of this thing goes away. He was having good moments with Yuki, sex excluded, he'll want to go back to that.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Bugbear in the Playground

There was originally going to be a sex contest, so the idea of sex with Sonya isn't new. Gary got bounced around by Yuki, forced into a relationship he really didn't want. He just got released from the relationship, and, ohh, here's another hot woman who's into you. Have fun.

I think he should have at least waited till Yuki left the room, but hey. And it looks like Sonya is indeed reciprocating.
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

26. - Top - End - #1136

Still no spine, but at least he's getting something from it now.

27. - Top - End - #1137

Griffon

Ménage à 3 IV: Ga-HOY!!!
    Like the setting of the sun and the turning of he tides; it must be so.

Also, I feel slightly ashamed that my earlier, quite shallow, evaluation of sexual relationships (referring to it as an 'investment' and playing the odds to get what you want without.... y'know.... all that 'romance' stuff) has turned out to be mostly correct.
    And yet, the only thing that springs to mind when I think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hannibal Lector
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

28. - Top - End - #1138

Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
    I won't be too harsh on Gary, he had a pretty serious case of blue-balls and no wonder he's not thinking properly. He's bound to reevaluate what he wants to do after the novelty of this thing goes away. He was having good moments with Yuki, sex excluded, he'll want to go back to that.
    The only good moments he had that I can think of are the ones he had when they werent dating, like working together on their manga and such.

29. - Top - End - #1139

I do hope they have protection tho

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    I do hope they have protection tho
    I don't think unwanted pregnancies and STIs exist in this universe.