New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crossovers that are totally wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Macross/Robotech Meets Transformers.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetfire_%28G1%29

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    almost as much as I want to put Sousuke and Setsuna F. Seiei from 00 in a room and see if people are able to tell them apart. Just kidding, Setsuna's crazier.
    Kurz + Lockon.
    Gauron + Ali excluded because the why-can't-you-die part of his character went to someone else.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Posting this to see if it will make the vanished posts show up.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

It didn't.

The Tauren Marine easter egg was an excellent cross of the Warcraft and Starcraft universe, so was the Murloc Marine. I rather enjoy joke crossovers like that.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Aha! I knew I wasn't crazy.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-04-12 at 02:36 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

A few of crossovers I'd like to see that I haven't been able to find:

- A Harry Potter/Fullmetal Alchemist crossover about a wizard in Amestris. Usually it's the other way around, with the Elrics at Hogwarts.

- A Buffy/Harry Potter crossover about an actual formally trained (i.e. went to Hogwarts/Durmstrang/Beuxbatons) wizard joining the Scoobies (or Angel Investigations), rather than random amateur witches that at best read a few books.

- Sosuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic!) joining the cast of, well, pretty much anything. Like Stargate...

O'Neill: "Oh, for cryin' out loud, fishing is when you sit down with a beer and a fishing rod and just relax. You know, not think about anything..."

Sosuke: "But Colonel, wouldn't it be pointless to fish in your pond as there aren't any fish there?"

O'Neill: ...

Sosuke: "Oh, I see. The point of this exercise is to teach me ambush skills in an urban setting, to see how long I can maintain my alertness while acting perfectly natural and not giving away my intention."
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Battle Stadium D.O.N. Shame it never got an American release. It was basically Brawl but with DBZ, One Piece, and Naruto Characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Pokemon / C&C Generals

Just make "The Pokemons" a faction, and I'm content with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    Pokemon / C&C Generals

What.

Why?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    Pokemon / C&C Generals

That gives me an idea.

Pokemon/Impossible Creatures.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post

What.

Why?
    Lt. Surge is an army official. I want to play that war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    A few of crossovers I'd like to see that I haven't been able to find:

- Sosuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic!) joining the cast of, well, pretty much anything. Like Stargate...

O'Neill: "Oh, for cryin' out loud, fishing is when you sit down with a beer and a fishing rod and just relax. You know, not think about anything..."

Sosuke: "But Colonel, wouldn't it be pointless to fish in your pond as there aren't any fish there?"

Sosuke: "Oh, I see. The point of this exercise is to teach me ambush skills in an urban setting, to see how long I can maintain my alertness while acting perfectly natural and not giving away my intention."
    THIS +1,000,000!

I can just see them trying to flee through the gate they suddenly realise Sosuke isn't there and after a few minutes of being pinned down by Jaffa fire there's a series of explosions and bullets and then it goes quiet before Sosuke turns up.

"Where the h**l were you?" O'Neil demands as Tealc activates the stargate behind him.
    "Well I asked Colonel Carter what would hypothetically be the best way to destroy the Goauld mothership and not us when it blows up," Sosuke replies.
    "That was just guesswork," Colonel Carter interrupts.
    "Not for much longer," Sosuke nods pulling out a remote control detonator and pushed the button.
    "Through the gate NOW!" O'Neil hollers as he shoves Sosuke through the gate and swiftly follows him as in the background the Goauld mothership in the throes of lifting off suddenly careers back into the ground... hard... and then explodes...
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2012-04-13 at 06:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Approved.

...you know, bizarrely, I don't think Super Robot Wars has ever had FMP in a game with UC Gundam. I really want to see the SR Team meet Shiro Amada and the 08th Mobile Suit Team - almost as much as I want to put Sousuke and Setsuna F. Seiei from 00 in a room and see if people are able to tell them apart. Just kidding, Setsuna's crazier.

None of these are crossovers. Also, there's already a trilogy about Han Solo's backstory in the EU. Look for novels by A. C. Crispin.
    Yes my fault goofed on those!

And while technically a crossover, this is still basically every third Gundam series anyway.
    Ah but my version would involve the protagonist being perfectly normal human and not newtype or whatever else they're called.
    Hades is actually an extremist part of the government and the terrorists are actually space privateers whose leader had his daughter kidnapped and she's the one he's rescuing and he ends up having to help the hero stop both Hades and the other students from inflicting their ideas of rule on any body else.

So maybe every other gundam series then!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    That gives me an idea.

Pokemon/Impossible Creatures.
    Venustoise, Zapmolcuno, I choose you!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

- A Buffy/Harry Potter crossover about an actual formally trained (i.e. went to Hogwarts/Durmstrang/Beuxbatons) wizard joining the Scoobies (or Angel Investigations), rather than random amateur witches that at best read a few books.
    You know, given his backstory and personality, I can see Giles as a Hogwarts expellee. Probably thrown out and had his wand broken around fifth or sixth year for practicing the Dark Arts, which is why he can't really do anything useful beyond rituals unless he really puts his mind to it.

OBJECTION!

Fishing is the one recreational activity Sousuke actually does understand.

The SR Team and SG-1 would still make a great teamup, though, especially when SG-1 needs some heavy fire support.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-04-13 at 08:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

15. - Top - End - #135
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post

What.

Why?
    Because dragging a Particle Cannon beam across a bunch of Zubats would be AMAZING.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Fullmetal Alchemist and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

You know, given his backstory and personality, I can see Giles as a Hogwarts expellee. Probably thrown out and had his wand broken around fifth or sixth year for practicing the Dark Arts, which is why he can't really do anything useful beyond rituals unless he really puts his mind to it.
    That... actually works quite well!
    OBJECTION!

Fishing is the one recreational activity Sousuke actually does understand.
    Yes, but see... O'Neill's pond doesn't have any fish in it! It's basically just sitting around with a beer for 5 hours straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yes, but see... O'Neill's pond doesn't have any fish in it! It's basically just sitting around with a beer for 5 hours straight.
    Actually, it's a very Zen concept. Rather like "What is the sound of one hand clapping".

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

That... actually works quite well!

Wasn't there a time-travel-went-wrong episode where fixing things resulted in O'Neill's pond gaining fish?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that happened.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Bending Effect. Or maybe Mass Bending?

Kyoshi Shepard fights the Reapers.

Reaper Destroyer: Shepard, this is futile, you cannot fight-

Avatar Kyoshi: *earthbends a giant mountain on top of it*

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Wasn't there a time-travel-went-wrong episode where fixing things resulted in O'Neill's pond gaining fish?
    Yup and it was a two parter that ended with only two changes being made to the world; an extra ZPM for SG1 and some fishes for O'Neill's pond.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Yup and it was a two parter that ended with only two changes being made to the world; an extra ZPM for SG1 and some fishes for O'Neill's pond.
    Technically three with the third being the look on O'Neill's face when he realises there are actually fish in the pond...

Well that and the fact the alternate universe of him and Carter along with Tealc and another version of current Damiel Jackson are stuck in the distant past and O'Neill and Carter presumably married at some point between being stranded in the past and the new present day...

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

It might be interesting to see the meeting of Edward Elric with Lina Inverse. Most likely this crossover would end quickly with the world being ripped apart, but it would be fun to watch.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I kind of want to unleash the Mass Effect Reapers on several other Sci-Fi galaxies and see what happens.

The break-even point is probably somewhere around Star Wars level, I think. Star Wars could beat the Reapers, but it would be a fight, not a walkover. It'd probably come down to how many capital ships Star Wars has available. Reaper Dreadnaughts are tough, but not invincible. A Star Destroyer could likely take one on.

Unleashing them on Star Trek could be interesting, it wold be a much nastier fight, but Star Trek does have its own evil synthetics issue in the Borg. Oh, now there's a fun idea. Replace Borg with Reapers, see what happens next. Plus, "You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." is such a great boast, better than the Borg line of "resistance is futile". A Reapers in Trek crossover would probably be more of a battle of wills between Picard and Sovereign, and I'd be okay with that.

Warhammer 40k? Eh, just one more race bent on galactic domination. They'd have to get in line. The idea of Ork Husks alone would make it fun, though. Heh, on the other hand, the Reapers could be written in as the thing the Tyranids are running from. That'd set them up as a major threat.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Hellsing/Tsukihime.

Arcueid meets Alucard. Either you get two pretty much overpowered and unkillable beings fighting each other…

Or he'd show the Princess a weird kind of respect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    "You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." is such a great boast, better than the Borg line of "resistance is futile".
    Tell that to Picard. Even with his incredible light-counting abilities, willpower was irrelevant to assimilation. And just the idea of that nearly broke him as a person.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-04-14 at 02:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Bending Effect. Or maybe Mass Bending?

Kyoshi Shepard fights the Reapers.

Reaper Destroyer: Shepard, this is futile, you cannot fight-

Avatar Kyoshi: *earthbends a giant mountain on top of it*
    Everything is funnier with Renegade interrupts.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Tell that to Picard. Even with his incredible light-counting abilities, willpower was irrelevant to assimilation. And just the idea of that nearly broke him as a person.
    I was thinking theatrics, really. "Resistance is futile." is just so clean, straightforward. A little dull. Sovereign's "You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." is just so condescending and yet you get the feeling that he's not kidding. The Borg are telling people not to attack them. The Reapers are daring them to, knowing that they'll shrug it off, basically.

Which is the Reapers' fatal flaw. Arrogance. Granted, they have millions of years of experience to back it up, but really... It is not smart to play the odds when your plan is repeating. Sooner or later, probability will kick in and ruin everything.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    I kind of want to unleash the Mass Effect Reapers on several other Sci-Fi galaxies and see what happens.

The break-even point is probably somewhere around Star Wars level, I think. Star Wars could beat the Reapers, but it would be a fight, not a walkover. It'd probably come down to how many capital ships Star Wars has available. Reaper Dreadnaughts are tough, but not invincible. A Star Destroyer could likely take one on.

Unleashing them on Star Trek could be interesting, it wold be a much nastier fight, but Star Trek does have its own evil synthetics issue in the Borg. Oh, now there's a fun idea. Replace Borg with Reapers, see what happens next. Plus, "You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." is such a great boast, better than the Borg line of "resistance is futile". A Reapers in Trek crossover would probably be more of a battle of wills between Picard and Sovereign, and I'd be okay with that.

Warhammer 40k? Eh, just one more race bent on galactic domination. They'd have to get in line. The idea of Ork Husks alone would make it fun, though. Heh, on the other hand, the Reapers could be written in as the thing the Tyranids are running from. That'd set them up as a major threat.
    Not without SERIOUS buffing on the part of the Reapers. As they stand, they are heavily out-gunned.

ME is epic in scale, but in comparision WAAAY low tech compared to everyone else. For a kick off, their ships have got minimal defences against energy weapons, and they are SERIOUSLY out-ranged by pretty much everyone (max range of only tens of thousands of kilometers); and the only FTL they could out-run is Star Trek (though to be fair, nearly EVERYONE can do that...!) In terms of weapon energy output, the ME universe is just not in the same order of magnitude. (Remember, their biggest GUNS only fire at 1% the speed of light, which is 50 times less than the Enterprise D's sublight cruising speed...) And in terms of sensors, Mass Effect's are far inferior to those in most sci-fi, especially something like Star Trek where they're practically magical.

Now, to be fair, on a ground war, the fight would be a bit (a lot) more even (and outright curbstomp the other way on the Star Trek races, like as not!)

I love the ME universe, but it is harder sci-fi than a fair chunk and is overall lower-tech compared to a lot, for all the larger scope of the conflicts.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-04-14 at 03:55 PM.