New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FitP]Fallout in the Playground IC 1: War, war never changes

[BTA - MS]

"Give me as many as a hundred-and-fifty caps will buy, then. Or more, if you'd be willing to work out some kind of trade..."

((By the way, would it be possible for Tirin to run into Elena somewhere over in the Nexus?))

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jacob nods slightly at the food and eats it, petting Bobo as he does. My beer please? And which room is mine? he scratches his chin a bit, putting Bobo in his vest.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[Brunswick Inn]

It gives a sort of strange nod, handing him his beer.

"My apologies. My memory unit was damaged; anything that would go in my short term memory has a good chance to get eaten instead.

As for rooms, there are several available. How close do you wish to be to the entrance?"

4. - Top - End - #64

GnomeWizardGuy

The Inn

As close as I can. he says, taking a drink of his beer. He wants to be able to be out the door as quick as possible should the need arise.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

[Brunswick Inn]

"In that case," it says, raising a 'hand', and indicating a room protruding from the side of the building, right next to the door, with the key held in it. "That one."

With that, it tosses the key towards him, before going back to waiting for another customer, or him to ask something else.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [BTA - MS]

"Give me as many as a hundred-and-fifty caps will buy, then. Or more, if you'd be willing to work out some kind of trade..."

((By the way, would it be possible for Tirin to run into Elena somewhere over in the Nexus?))
    BTA - MS
    ((Talk to me about it in a PM))
    The ghoul gets her purchase for her, 150 caps worth of Jet and Steady. Which is quite a good bit.
    "Depends, what do you have to trade."

---

Edge of Brunswick
    Men and women wearing long cloaks and holding long walking sticks adorned with bird feathers, shiny rocks, and shells being congregating towards Brunswick.
    They are, of course, passing through to re-supply on important items they can't get from Nature on their way to the monthly Meeting of the Druids in Durham. A sacred meeting where the ideals of nature are discussed.
    The noise is quite loud as they all make they way towards the town. Hundreds of Druids, all walking in near synchronization.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #67

GnomeWizardGuy

[Brunswick]

Jacob catches the key and pokes his head out the door to look at the Druids. He then puts his mask on and steps out, seeing if he can recognize any of the Druids from his over a dozen years of being one. If he recognizes any that might be friendly to him he walks over and tries to start a conversation.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #68

Brunswick
    One of the older Druids(a man in his 70s) stops in front of the gadk masked man, his long grey beard drifting to his knees.
    "I know you..."
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    BTA - MS
    ((Talk to me about it in a PM))
    The ghoul gets her purchase for her, 150 caps worth of Jet and Steady. Which is quite a good bit.
    "Depends, what do you have to trade."
    Hunter shrugs, pulling a mid-size bag from beneath the duster.

"Electron charge packs, MF cells, some E-cells. A laser pistol. Couple of parts for plasma weapons. Stuff like that."

10. - Top - End - #70

GnomeWizardGuy

[Brunswick]

Jacob drops to one knee and bows his head for a couple seconds Elder {insert Druid Elder's name here} he says before standing up. So what if he wasn't a Druid? He still had respect for them, even if he didn't agree with all their teachings. He doesn't remove his mask though. Perhaps a bit of fate, me arriving here shortly before you.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

11. - Top - End - #71

[Brunswick]

Emmet ends up watching the druids for a while as they move through the city, as he has little else to do today, unless someone else wanted to talk to him.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    [Brunswick]

Jacob drops to one knee and bows his head for a couple seconds Elder {insert Druid Elder's name here} he says before standing up. So what if he wasn't a Druid? He still had respect for them, even if he didn't agree with all their teachings. He doesn't remove his mask though. Perhaps a bit of fate, me arriving here shortly before you.
    Brunswick
    In this case, it is a rather well known Druid, Elder Brown.
    Who smiles and tries to rest a hand on the gas masked man's head.
    "Yes, perhaps it is. Mother Earth certainly works in mysterious ways after all..."
    He raises his hand.
    "You may stand, my fellow. I know you're not entitled to listen to my demands, but perhaps you could help me find the supplies I need here?"
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #73

GnomeWizardGuy

[Brunswick]

Refuse the request of a humble old man? Not all outsiders are monsters Elder. Just give me a bit to collect my things. he jogs up to the inn and returns with Birch by his side, and his cape tied around his neck in such a way that the puppies lay resting in it. Bobo of course still has his head poking out of the vest pocket. Thinking that the other Druids will recognize Birch anyway he removes his mask. What supplies do you need?
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

14. - Top - End - #74

[Brunswick]

Refuse the request of a humble old man? Not all outsiders are monsters Elder. Just give me a bit to collect my things. he jogs up to the inn and returns with Birch by his side, and his cape tied around his neck in such a way that the puppies lay resting in it. Bobo of course still has his head poking out of the vest pocket. Thinking that the other Druids will recognize Birch anyway he removes his mask. What supplies do you need?
    Brunswick
    "I, as well as the rest of the Druids, need to find a place to purchase tranquilizer. We have been finding a rather dangerous animal out in the wild...it even attacks us Druids! We also need new needles, for sewing."
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #75

GnomeWizardGuy

Jacob looks worried for a few seconds but it passes. He points him in the general direction of where he remembers a general supplies vendor being. As for tranquilizers I don't know. The herbal medicines I learned have kept me from needing to buy any sort of chems.....though The Followers might be the place to start. he walks with Elder Brown, Birch rubbing her head against Brown's leg.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #76

Brunswick
    Elder Brown reaches to scratch the dog's head.
    "I know you're worried, but don't worry about us Druids. We're a hardy bunch, you know?"
    "And yes, the Followers may be a good place to start but...we Druids aren't on all too good terms with them. What with them often killing animals of the forest for safety's sake, when we Druids could have helped them find a more peaceful solution..."

---

BTA - MS
    "Sorry Smoothskin, we don't accept those for trades here, mostly because I can't appraise them well on account I have little knowledge of them. Go find a weapon stand though if you wanna sell them."
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #77

GnomeWizardGuy

[Brunswick]

I may be able to help in that respect. I am on better terms with them. Some of their beliefs I share. The others don't conflict with my other beliefs so I overlook them. I find that you make more allies than enemies that way. he stops at the medical vendor(that Hunter stopped by) Excuse me, do you know where I could purchase some tranquilizers? he asks
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Brunswick]

The masked man leans on the side of one of the boarded up buildings, watching the druids nervously.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    [Brunswick Inn- Above the inn]

Dominick sits up, well rested from half a night, and half a day, of rest on the bare mattress. Brunswick was no slice of heaven, but it was better than a lot of places the drifter had stayed.
    He stood, stretched, and whistled as he walked over to a small table made of scrap metal, a tin cup sitting on it. In a flash, the man snatched up the cup and examined the rough 5 o'clock shadow on his slender face, then shrugged and sat the cup back down.

Hey, Rez. Wake up, the day's movin' on without us.
    The sun burnt skinned girl woke up with a scowl on her face. She glanced at Dominick.

"Yea...well....let it. I want to sleep the day away. For the Caps we paid to stay at this moldy ass inn, I'd like to get my Caps worth,'
    She mostly complained.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The sun burnt skinned girl woke up with a scowl on her face. She glanced at Dominick.

"Yea...well....let it. I want to sleep the day away. For the Caps we paid to stay at this moldy ass inn, I'd like to get my Caps worth,'
    She mostly complained.
    Dominick chuckles and sits down into a chair, stretching out.
    C'mon lass, we got things to do, places to see, he says in a faux Irish accent, full of mirth.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Dominick chuckles and sits down into a chair, stretching out.
    C'mon lass, we got things to do, places to see, he says in a faux Irish accent, full of mirth.
    She growled in annoyance, not at Dominick, but just in general. "Yea...yea..." She mumbled getting up and grabbed a broken toothed comb from her bag and brushed her hair.

"What's on the agenda captain?"
    She inquired as she removed her hair tie from her wrist and put her hair into a loose ponytail.

22. - Top - End - #82

[Brunswick]

I may be able to help in that respect. I am on better terms with them. Some of their beliefs I share. The others don't conflict with my other beliefs so I overlook them. I find that you make more allies than enemies that way. he stops at the medical vendor(that Hunter stopped by) Excuse me, do you know where I could purchase some tranquilizers? he asks
    Brunswick
    "Depends on what you wanna tranquilize, Smoothskin."
    "Something around the size of a deathclaw."
    The ghoul blinks and looks more alert.
    "I'm sorry, Smoothskin, I'm not allowed to sell stuff of that grade. Followers might be able to help you though."

The Druids seem to be just walking past most people, though with children and women they're giving them gifts of dried fruits and wooden carvings.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-08 at 05:28 AM.
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    She growled in annoyance, not at Dominick, but just in general. "Yea...yea..." She mumbled getting up and grabbed a broken toothed comb from her bag and brushed her hair.

"What's on the agenda captain?"
    She inquired as she removed her hair tie from her wrist and put her hair into a loose ponytail.
    Well, gotta start by looking for someone with a few too many caps and a few too many jobs for them to take care of. Gotta keep the upkeep. he pats his stomach and laughs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

24. - Top - End - #84

GnomeWizardGuy

[Brunswick]

Jacob nods at the ghoul, thanking her as he continues walking. Elder I know nature provides most of what you need but you know if The Followers do provide you with this they will want something substantial enough in return. What do you have for trade? it's about now that Oak and Pine wake up and start wrestling around. Jacob sighs and leashes the two puppies, attaching the other end of their leashes to their mother. Keep them from doing anything too bad Birch. he looks up as they near The Follower's base.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Well, gotta start by looking for someone with a few too many caps and a few too many jobs for them to take care of. Gotta keep the upkeep. he pats his stomach and laughs.
    Rezzy wanly smirked before adopting the scowl she was comfortable with. She collected her few belongings, slinging her shotgun over her shoulder, the tire iron sticking out her patched backpack. "Where are we at anyway? I feel like I could hardly remember last night." There were two empty bottles of whiskey where she had been sleeping, two bottles that there once full that she bought last night from the innkeeper...or something like that.

26. - Top - End - #86

[Brunswick]

Jacob nods at the ghoul, thanking her as he continues walking. Elder I know nature provides most of what you need but you know if The Followers do provide you with this they will want something substantial enough in return. What do you have for trade? it's about now that Oak and Pine wake up and start wrestling around. Jacob sighs and leashes the two puppies, attaching the other end of their leashes to their mother. Keep them from doing anything too bad Birch. he looks up as they near The Follower's base.
    Brunswick
    Elder Brown chuckled.
    "You of all people should know by now that the Druids don't wear their wealth on their sleeves. In this case, hopefully it'll be the knowledge that I can provide. If that won't suffice, I don't know what will..."
    His gaze then wanders to the puppies.
    "I see the dog you took when you left is doing well?"
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

BTA - MS
    "Sorry Smoothskin, we don't accept those for trades here, mostly because I can't appraise them well on account I have little knowledge of them. Go find a weapon stand though if you wanna sell them."
    The mutant shrugs, heading off. Though not, it might be noted, to a weapons stand; she's looking for a secluded spot to use as a bolthole, preferably one in an abandoned, but mostly intact, building.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The mutant shrugs, heading off. Though not, it might be noted, to a weapons stand; she's looking for a secluded spot to use as a bolthole, preferably one in an abandoned, but mostly intact, building.
    Brunswick
    Well, there are plenty of apartment buildings near Fort Andross that don't appear like anyone is living in them...
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #89

GnomeWizardGuy

Brunswick
    Elder Brown chuckled.
    "You of all people should know by now that the Druids don't wear their wealth on their sleeves. In this case, hopefully it'll be the knowledge that I can provide. If that won't suffice, I don't know what will..."
    His gaze then wanders to the puppies.
    "I see the dog you took when you left is doing well?"
    Jacob nods I found a small group of people that I stayed with for a few months. She found a mate there. When I left to go trade supplies raiders attacked.... he frowns and pets Bobo Bobo is the only thing that survived.

When he gets to The Follower's base he asks a follower Who would I talk to about trading for some heavy tranquilizers? Heavy enough to take down a Deathclaw
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #90

Brunswick - The Follower's Stand
    The ghoul at the stand looks a bit peeved at Elder Brown, but speaks.
    "You'll have to talk to Daniel at the High School for that. Be careful though, we sometimes lose contact with them for hours, and they haven't checked in recently."
    Elder Brown waits for the gask masked man to continue to lead.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-08 at 06:54 AM.
    Busy with Life