Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Greed is Good (OOC)

And that's the guards taken care of. Now, for the bandits. There are five of them left standing. The two with crossbows take shots at Thorus.

(1d20+1)[13]
    (1d8+1)[3]
    - miss.

(1d20)[19]
    (1d8)[5]

The spellcaster takes stock of the situation, and elects to book it. One of the shortbow wielders goes with him. The other one takes a shot at Cecily, then follows.

(1d20)[20]
    (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-26 at 02:55 PM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh hai, critical threats.

Thorus: (1d20)[3]
    (1d8)[6]

Cecily: (1d20)[19]
    (1d6)[6]

Ok, so Cecily takes 10HP damage, and Thorus takes 5. Thorus has 13, and really cannot be arsed about that, but Cecily only had 7. She's at -3, and might fall off her horse. I'll roll that in with the IC update.

It has been rolled, and she stayed on the horse. Le Mappe:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-26 at 03:21 PM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm gone for less than a week, and it looks like damn near everyone is dead or dying. =P

I want to make sure I've got this straight: only two bandits are left on the map, and they're the Cs (for crossbowmen, I assume) on the north side of the map, yes? The others, spellcaster included, have made a run for it? And each square is five feet, meaning that Alec could theoretically make a 30 foot move to the north and reach the leftmost crossbowman of the pair? Assuming again that both he and the bandit live until his turn, although a good backup would be to go almost as far north and toss his knife at either of the two crossbowmen (unless I've grossly misread the map).

Somebody's picking up a crossbow after this fight. I'd forgotten that rogues are only slightly more durable than wizards, and slightly less durable than papier-mâché.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

That's about the long and the short of it. I've been waiting for Sophiste to post for the last round, since Indrys is on 1HP and can still move, before deciding on who to use my last CLW's on. I've got some cure minor wounds as well, but from the shape we're in stabilizing people just isn't going to cut it.

If anyone's got a suggestion as to who I should heal, I'm all ears. Otherwise, once the battle's over, we should probably just let Thorus' fastheal aura take us all up to half health, then decide from there who needs the boost in hitpoints.

Also, Glaffin fully intends to purloin one of the crossbows. Hopefully there will be enough to go around.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-06-28 at 11:48 AM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Two crossbowmen are left, yes. Two shortbowmen and the spellcaster have done a runner. One guy is unconcious from colour spray (The one with the blue X over him).

And yes, you could just reach that first one with your 30ft move.

EDIT: I have been ninja'd.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-28 at 11:48 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm sorry that I've been so silent, lately; I've been dealing with some pretty heavy stuff.

I should be back to posting more regularly tomorrow.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

No skin off my back to wait Sophiste. Just keep your head high and watch out for falling birds alright? Real Life comes first, especially when it comes from the bathroom.

Okay, I think I've mangled enough unfunny sayings for now. Hope things brighten up for you soon.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #98

Right. Is it my turn, using the map as it is? I'm still not sure with Thorus; his post prior to Destro's update was his action for this turn, yes? Since he's ahead of everyone. I didn't update earlier because I wanted to see how the situation looked when it got to me.

Also, another question, which everyone else might want to take into account: just how far have the spellcaster and the other bandits fled? If they're using double moves and light horses, I assume it could be as much as 100 feet from the field. But that's still within a crossbow's reach, if you took the penalty from firing out of the first range increment.

Just food for thought. I dunno about everyone else, but I get nervous at the idea of letting an enemy wizard live to cast another day.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong, but Destro's post implies that at least the wizard is on foot, which makes it an even better idea to gun him down. Or for Thorus, our resident god of vengeance, to go galloping after him.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2012-06-29 at 01:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the last round hasn't ended yet, since Indrys' turn hasn't been taken, but since Zergling posted for the next round there's very little to stop the rest of you from posting if you know what you're doing. You're right that all of the bandits besides the rear three or so were on foot, but if the spellcaster chose to disengage and run, he'd be moving at 120ft per round, so unless Thorus is interested in chasing him until his constitution gives out, it'll be quite the task catching him.

As for me, I continue to hold my action until I can figure out who to heal. It's not like I'm particularly high on this round's initiative anyway.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Right. Is it my turn, using the map as it is? I'm still not sure with Thorus; his post prior to Destro's update was his action for this turn, yes? Since he's ahead of everyone. I didn't update earlier because I wanted to see how the situation looked when it got to me.

Also, another question, which everyone else might want to take into account: just how far have the spellcaster and the other bandits fled? If they're using double moves and light horses, I assume it could be as much as 100 feet from the field. But that's still within a crossbow's reach, if you took the penalty from firing out of the first range increment.

Just food for thought. I dunno about everyone else, but I get nervous at the idea of letting an enemy wizard live to cast another day.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong, but Destro's post implies that at least the wizard is on foot, which makes it an even better idea to gun him down. Or for Thorus, our resident god of vengeance, to go galloping after him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Well, the last round hasn't ended yet, since Indrys' turn hasn't been taken, but since Zergling posted for the next round there's very little to stop the rest of you from posting if you know what you're doing. You're right that all of the bandits besides the rear three or so were on foot, but if the spellcaster chose to disengage and run, he'd be moving at 120ft per round, so unless Thorus is interested in chasing him until his constitution gives out, it'll be quite the task catching him.

As for me, I continue to hold my action until I can figure out who to heal. It's not like I'm particularly high on this round's initiative anyway.
    Ok, in order here.

Yes, it is your turn, map as-is. All the bandits still living are on foot, and you don't see any horses waiting for them. Thorus' action was for the beginning of this round. The spellcaster and his friend have fled 60ft north, 30ft for the one guy who fired an arrow first.

The last round has, actually, ended. The last information I had from Soph, over MSN, was that Indrys was going to move towards Glaffin. I took that as his action, and shifted the elf and his horse accordingly on the map. If Soph wants to correct me, I can adjust, but that's how it stands right now.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #101

That all sounds good. As for me, I'm off to see if I can pick up a nice, shiny, new crossbow. And if the bandit is kind enough to have it loaded and then die for me (I really hope I roll decently this time, given Alec's current health; if not, that sound you'll hear is me gnawing angrily on my laptop), next round I'll test it out on one of the running enemies. Assuming that Thorus doesn't somehow kill all three of them in one turn. =P

Edit: wait a minute, why does Alec have a 6 by his little map token? Did he get healed again when I wasn't looking? I thought he only had 1 HP.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2012-06-29 at 06:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

The 6 is how far he is from his max health at the moment. he's taken 6 damage total, between damage and healing.

Also, since only one of the crossbowmen have been downed so far, I'm laying tentative claim on whatever one I can salvage. Glaffin can't use a shortbow, and he's already proved how squishy he is in melee combat.

13. - Top - End - #103

Yesss, a much better set of rolls than last time. Even if Alec gets shot again, I can still feel like I accomplished something in this mess.

As for looting, a shortbow would probably be a better choice for me, truth be told. I don't plan to use a feat for quicker crossbow reloading, and you never know when you'll wish you'd had that move action for something else. So, if there's one to spare, Alec might pick it up instead (although I wouldn't mind claiming the crossbow I hope I just earned, it being his first kill of the game and all, but another trophy would work just as well). We'll see how it plays out when the dust settles.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecily could use a crossbowshortbow too. Some ranged combat (behind cover) suits her far better than putting herself out in the open.
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2012-06-29 at 07:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Ah yes, can't forget the value of trophies. There are plenty of shortbows to go around though, assuming the guards don't claim them all. Cecily and Glaffin chargenuked two shortbow users just next to Alec last round in fact.

16. - Top - End - #106

Heh, resident god of vengeance. That just made my day.

While I, as a player, agree it would probably make more sense to gun down the spellcaster, I can't really see Thorus ignoring the immediate threat to go do that. Besides, him surviving provides a possible plot-hook for later.

As for looting, I was hoping to pick up a composite bow of some kind; failing that, probably a crossbow. Either way, some throwing knives too, because Rule of Cool.

EDIT: Huh. I assume the forum's dice roller doesn't work if you edit your post? I did the code improperly, so I had to edit my post to roll, and now the roll still isn't working at all.
    Last edited by The Orange Zergling; 2012-06-29 at 08:09 PM.
    "The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together." - Carl Sagan

LGBTitP Supporter

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

You may want to copypaste the old post, delete it, then repost. It's an odd thing, where you can edit your post so long as you don't touch the parts to do with the rolls.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, the forum roller hates edits. Probably something to do with fudging rolls. You can reroll them yourself, or I can just fold them into the update when I get to it. Your choice. If you haven't picked by the time I can update, I'll fold them in.

In other news, Soph reports he is currently having the same "Server Not Found" issue as a bunch of other people, so I'm going to see about working around that.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, workaround found and posted, which means it is now time for me to do yon update. As promised, rolls for Thorus shall be included here:

Attack: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[6]
    - he misses.

And now!

Willam roll to stabilise:
    (1d20)[5] - NOPE

Guard roll for first aid:
    (1d20)[16] - these guards are good at this.

the outrider gets a shot at the bandits with his bow:
    (1d20+2)[17]
    (1d8+1)[2] - hit, but that's really low damage. He doesn't drop his target.

Three of the wagon guards take long-range shots at the fleeing bandits. Also, herp de derp, I just realised I've been forgetting to include their base attack bonus.
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d8+1)[9]
    (1d8+1)[6]
    (1d8+1)[9]
    - these guys all miss. Shame. They rolled great for damage.

and one more of those, for another guard:
    (1d20)[16]
    (1d8+1)[5] - this guy hits, though. Goodbye, fleeing bandit A.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-30 at 04:07 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Which just leaves Crossbow Bandit, who is in combat with Thorus. He does not approve of this state of affairs, and moves out of contact. Thorus gets an attack of opportunity:

(1d20+4)[18]
    (1d8+3)[10] - And the resident god of vengeance claims another victim.

assuming Le Bandit survives, he shoots at Thorus with his crossbow.
    (1d20+3)[4]
    (1d8+1)[9]

The rest of them keep running.

Right. At this point, the map no longer has any bandit tokens on it, and everyone is stabilised, which means this is Le Final Map. There are two bandits still alive, and they are running north. Three of the guards have elected to pursue on horseback.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-30 at 04:19 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #111

Ready...

Set...

Loot!

=D

22. - Top - End - #112

Many thanks go to Destro for facilitating my post.

The forum was most uncooperative.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Indeed. At any rate, I'm off to sleep now. This is what I need from you guys:

• Who is chasing the bandits?
    • How do they plan on pursuing said course of action?
    • For anyone NOT chasing bandits, what do you do?

For reference, there are 14 dead bandits, two fleeing bandits, one formerly fleeing dead bandit, and one unconcious bandit. Anyone with specific questions, post 'em here, I'll answer when I wake up.

An important side note: Anyone who chases bandits gets to stay in initiative order. Anyone who does not chase bandits is out of initiative, but is only getting one round worth of actions resolved per round of the bandit chase.

Art, feel free to bring Laelaer back in at any time.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-30 at 11:59 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #114

Alec is decidedly not chasing the bandits. I'd hoped to have him grab the fallen crossbow and try to hit someone, but it isn't loaded, and picking something up is a move action. So, by the time he had it ready, they'd have a good three rounds of movement to get away from the field. It seems better to just let the guards/mounted PCs handle it.

I've got other work planned for him, including some dialogue with a few of the other characters, unless those certain ones go sprinting off. One of the first things he'll do is search the body of the bandit he killed, so if you wanted to think about what he has on him other than the crossbow and dagger, that'd be good. I'm not expecting to find too much.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Glaffin is unconcerned with looting for the first round, as I just posted. Mainly he's worried about getting that unconscious bandit secured and tending to as many wounded people as he can, starting with the unconscious.

Sorry Indrys, your wound just isn't fatal enough it seems.

His actions for this round basically amount to:

1. A lot of talking
    2. Finding his rope in his bag
    3. Tossing it to the nearby guard

Hopefully by next round, I'll know if Thorus and his healing aura are sticking around. If they are, Glaffin can conserve his spells, but if Thorus takes off after the bandits, I'm going to pray that one CLW's can somehow be split between five or six heavily wounded folks.

26. - Top - End - #116

Don't worry about Alec unless he goes back into the negatives for some reason. He's staying on the safe side of the field; the only trouble I could foresee is if that sleeping bandit wakes up and tries to escape in Alec's direction. Other than that, he can wait until the next day for more healing, assuming he doesn't just heal naturally (Destro confirmed via MSN that he gets a point back this round for being next to Thorus, so he's at 2 now, maybe even 3, which would be all he can get back from the aura).

Also, Alec will have something to say to Glaffin before long. Maybe with my next post, assuming Thorus doesn't want to hang out and chat, which I doubt; he's of far more use either sitting by the wounded, or even running for more blood. If he does leave with the other guards, I vote that you use your last main spell to bring Cecily back, then spam Tallhelm with all your remaining cantrips.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

My remaining cantrip is a Message spell I could expend. I used the create water earlier in the day to, well, create water.

Still, Tallhelm can probably wait, and Glaffin would be more worried about Cecily, since she's a close friend.

28. - Top - End - #118

My first thought was "she's also a bard," but she doesn't know any Cure spells, looks like. Ah well.

Unless we get attacked again, I think we're going to be fine.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post

Unless we get attacked again, I think we're going to be fine.
    Just because the GM is asleep doesn't mean it's safe to tempt fate.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, looks like Thorus is sticking around, which means it's down to the guards to back and forth the bandits for a bit.

So, here we go. For the outrider:
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d8+1)[3]
    - miss

For the two crossbowmen on horseback:
    (1d20+1)[17]
    (1d8+1)[7] - hit and killed. One left.
    (1d20+1)[6]
    (1d8+1)[6]
    - miss

For the chaps in the wagons. Another long shot for them, but better than nothing.
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d8+1)[6]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d8+1)[4]
    (1d20)[7]
    (1d8+1)[9]

(1d20)[18]
    (1d8+1)[2] - hit. Two damage to the already wounded guy. Sucks to be you, low-health bandit. It's not much, yet again, but it is enough to put that guy at 0HP. Guards are chasing him, so he's pretty much hosed. I'm calling this one dead.
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d8+1)[3]

Let's see if any of the bandits survive that. They do not. Then I can put in an IC post, and get down to the aftermath of all this.

EDIT: And actually, before I forget, that sorts the fight. Everyone can have 500XP, (You too, Art. Nothing worse than lagging behind due to RL stuff about which I was fully forewarned), since this worked out to be a little tougher than initially expected. You had guard backup, though, so it's not as bad as it could have been.

EDIT EDIT: IC update is done. Alec's bandit was carrying 45 gold coins. All the bandits are wearing studded leather and carrying shortswords. Most of them also have daggers or knives (12, including the one Alec found). There are 11 shortbows and 3 longbows, none composite. There are three light crossbows, again including the one Alec found. The leader's armour is masterwork, as is his sabre (scimitar, for rules purposes). The two other mounted bandits had longswords instead of shortswords.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-06-30 at 06:52 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: