Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Greed is Good (OOC)

So, anyone need a short sword? I'm claiming the knife, gold, and shoes (to sell in the little town, unless I'm incredibly lucky and it's the first magic item of the game, in which case we can figure out ownership as a group depending on what they do). The crossbow is a gift, as my post says. I don't know if I want to even bother with the armor. It could be a tax to Tallhelm, I guess. Like I've mentioned, I'd like one of the shortbows, if possible. Destro, do you want to just tell us what the guards are taking, if anything, or should we work that out IC?

I'll update my sheet all at once, after I find out about the bow (the boots too, if someone wants to spot them and throw a Detect Magic my way, although I seriously doubt it'll turn anything up; an Appraise check is probably more logical).

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Sadly, Glaffin expended his detect magic. He will be taking some of that studded leather, even if it'll be a bit long on his stocky frame. The gold he could care less about for the moment, and the gifted crossbow will more than suffice as spoils of war.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Whoops, looks like the forum didn't like me previewing that IC post. Well, I'll roll here for the cure light wounds on Dayne then.

(1d8+1)[9]
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, first thing is first. Moar loot. Glaffin is searching Le Tied Up Guy. Now, I could do this one at a time, but really, why bother? You guys are probably going to loot everyone anyways. So, here you go. Here's the Big Pile of Phat Lewt. Note: Does NOT include the 45gp on Alec's bandit. Also, while I am including values on a couple things, that doesn't mean your characters necessarily know the value just by looking at it. It's just easier for book-keeping if I do it this way.

Copper: 50 coins
    Silver: 250 coins
    Gold: 285 coins

Other: Polished obsidian charm (8gp). Silver ring set with blue stone (50gp). 1 vial of antitoxin. 2 potions Cure Light Wounds.

That is all that the bandits are carrying with them.

EDIT: For reference, the spellcasting bandit was the one carrying the obsidian charm. It does not register as magical.

Also, I decided to do the math. There were ten guards who participated in that fight and lived. One, Dayne, was injured and survived. If you want to divide the money evenly between all the fighting men, with double shares to anyone who got wounded (Dayne plus you five. Willam was wounded too, but he didn't fight), that makes it 14.78gp/share. All of you guys would get 29.56gp each, with the same to Dayne. You may also wish to give Alec's share to Laelaer, seeing as he already got some.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-07-01 at 07:11 AM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Greed is Good, an adventure in breaking Wealth By Level. D&D 3.5 E6 - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #125

Laelaer would like some coin, yes. Might she also be able to get one of the crossbows from a fallen bandit? She doesn't exactly have a ranged weapon, I noticed.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~

Warning: My posting rate varies wildly. One day I may post a ton, the next I might disappear for a week.

Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Games I'm DMing:
    Hunger Games (Recruiting)
    Games I'm In:
    They All Uprose, OOC

Ask Raril a question, he's listening more often now.
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.
    Avatar of Artemis by Serpentine.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

And it's good to see her back. Now the awkward back and forth about who exactly made Laelaer's goggles can continue, and I can resume giggling from my corner.

29 gold and change seems like a fair reward for our first fight, on top of new weapons and whatever Tallhelm will pay us once we reach Seabreak.

For Arty's reference, there are two crossbows left, and none of the guards need one, since they were all carrying ones of their own. Anyone who can use a shortbow might benefit more from the reliable reload speed than the slightly higher damage of a light crossbow, but other than that the crossbows are up for grabs as far as I know.

Destro informed me that Tallhelm would supply anyone with a new crossbow with bolts, so I marked down three quivers worth on my sheet on top of the crossbow Alec gave Glaffin, and the scavenged studded leather.

On the topic of the masterwork armor and scimitar, I'm not really sure who needs them most. The armor should most likely go to Thorus unless he has better, but Glaffin can make masterwork arms and armor more cheaply than it can be bought, so if we sell the scimitar and get a good price for it, he might be able to turn that money around and churn out two or three masterwork weapons if we spend enough time in Seabreak.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorus has regular studded leather, I just checked.

There are also three longbows, for anyone who can use those. Points over the crossbows on reload speed.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently playing Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and XCOM: Enemy Within

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #128

Will Tallhelm be supplying arrows for the new bows as well, Destro? I have none, although I assume there're as many quivers for looting as there were bows.

And I like the distribution of spoils. Alec is more than fine; if anything, he seems to have cheated everyone else. >.>

It seems appropriate for Tallhelm to get the various unclaimed gear together and sell it on our behalf (hopefully some of those funds'll trickle down too), given that I assume he's a better merchant than a warlord. =P This little coastal town is about to get flooded with their age-equivalent of cheap AK-47s. I shudder to think of what it'll do to the crime rate, given the vacuum we've just created. =P

Edit: XD at the rope check. Is the job visibly terrible? Even with the bonus for binding someone over making an escape check, anybody paying attention might want to give it another try. Not that escaping seems like a good idea for the bandit under the circumstances, but still.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2012-07-01 at 11:00 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

He shouldn't need to. Gathering up what's left from the bandits, you could put together a good 75-80 arrows, easily. If needed, he could probably spare a few, though. Who all is taking bows?

EDIT: With a four? You can tell it's not the best hogtying job around, though there's really no saying for sure how much it would stand up to. If you were going to be trusting your weight to the bonds, though, you'd probably want to consider re-tying it.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-07-01 at 09:36 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #130

If anybody checks the ropes, I suspect it'll be Glaffin; he looks like he's got the prisoner under control. Or maybe Thorus, since I suspect he and Laelaer will be doing most of the Intimidate checks.

For bows, I'll gladly split the arrows with anyone who also needs them. I'll hold off on updating my sheet until everyone speaks up.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, this game moved fast all of a sudden. O.o

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't mind the masterwork armor - less armor check penalty is always nice - but if it's an upgrade for someone else who wants or needs it more then they can take it. Or if selling it and crafting more is more efficient, that's perfectly fine too.
    For some insane reason, dragon shamans are only proficient in simple weapons, so I'm not claiming the scimitar.
    Last edited by The Orange Zergling; 2012-07-01 at 01:42 PM.
    "The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together." - Carl Sagan

LGBTitP Supporter

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Laelaer might do well with the scimitar come to think of it. According to the PHB2, Duskblades are only proficient with Martial weapons. I'm assuming it's an error though, as I've never heard of another class that's proficient in martial weapons and not simple.

Glaffin's got no Use Rope skill to speak of, so I think he'll pass that job off to Thorus so he can give the dead guard his last rites here in my next post.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Cecily will be snagging a shortbow since she can use them. Being able to stay out of the melee in big fights like this if/when they happen is too much of a draw for her after taking that arrow to the chest.

As for anything else, aside from that ring I'm not sure. She's not all that keen on armour, so I don't think she'll be grabbing any of that. So just her share of the coin then.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

IC update is incoming. You way continue laying claims to the Lewts.

Right, IC post is up. Art says she'll take the scimitar, and I think everyone agreed to the distribution of the coin, so everyone be sure to mark that down. For those who took crossbows, there are only 16 or so of the bandit's bolts, but Tallhelm keeps plenty. Just don't be unreasonable about how many you need, and he'll set you up.

Loot not yet claimed:
    1x Obsidian Charm
    1x Antitoxin
    2x Potions of CLW
    assorted weapons/armour.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-07-02 at 05:08 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #135

It seems Laelaer's probably one of the few people in the group able to use a scimitar, so if you don't mind handing it to her, she'll take it. Also a bow for her would do better than a crossbow, didn't realize that was an option before.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~

Warning: My posting rate varies wildly. One day I may post a ton, the next I might disappear for a week.

Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Games I'm DMing:
    Hunger Games (Recruiting)
    Games I'm In:
    They All Uprose, OOC

Ask Raril a question, he's listening more often now.
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.
    Avatar of Artemis by Serpentine.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

Heh, I'll claim the antitoxin and potions, if for no other reason than Glaffin will most likely need to administer them to the wounded eventually. Perhaps Thorus should hold on to one though, just in case his luck runs dry.

So, one of three longbows are gone. Anyone else taking them, or has the looting finally died down?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

If no one else wants to lay claim to it, Cecily wouldn't mind grabbing the obsidian charm too. Seems she has a bit of a taste for jewelry, though I shouldn't be surprised by that. The charm might be a bit crude for her tastes, but she'd still probably grab it.

*scurries off to make an IC post*

18. - Top - End - #138

I'll mark down a quiver of 20 on my sheet, then. I don't see much point in carrying more at one time (not that it makes much sense for Alec to carry most of what he owns when there are so many wagons around).

Edit, now that I've posted: it occurs to me that I should defend some of this, given how absurd it sounds compared to Alec's clear background. Hopefully--and this is the reputation he'd have tried to cultivate with the merchant, guards, and even most of the party unless he trusted them to be ok with his methods, like he does with at least one character I can think of--Tallhelm has an image of him as a decent sort despite his weird, usually private, religious views on personal testing and such. Half our group is marked down for the dark side of the pantheon, so unless we're all lying through our teeth, he doesn't seem to care. More to the point, if he did have an accurate view of Alec, I doubt he'd have let him in the caravan. Which, again, also seems to applies to some other characters (we have plans, ).

So, I don't personally think Tallhelm would laugh in his face for acting like someone with normal-ish ethics.

/End defense
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2012-07-02 at 09:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Alright, I'll lay claim to the armor then, if nobody else wants it. And 10 bolts, I suppose -- if I can't get into melee after 10 shots, running out of ammo will not be my primary concern.
    "The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together." - Carl Sagan

LGBTitP Supporter

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

You'd be surprised what people can come to accept, but Tallhelm doesn't seem like the flexible type. He's more the sort that everyone else has to bend around.

Glaffin, from what I'm getting to know of his character, would try a bit to at least teach Alec the value of a life, but he wouldn't outright disagree if Alec offered a counter argument. He worships Tharius because he was raised to, and because there are practical reasons for a craftsman to have the god of creation's ear once in a while.

I've also gotten some ideas about just what spells dwarven clerics high in the mountains would use, so expect to see some familial combat spells now that Glaffin has been spooked out of his routine. (Once I clear it with Destro first.)

21. - Top - End - #141

Hmm, I'm almost rethinking the bit about how much life is worth, since it's only halfway reflective of his view. I'll clarify later on; I'm thinking of another discussion he'll want to have with one of the characters later this night, when the caravan stops. And some of it might come out sooner than that, although he'll be censoring that talk, given the circumstances.

The general idea is that he has more respect for people than he does for life, as his funeral rites might've suggested--and beyond that, he also sees a difference between worthy of respect and worthy of preservation.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2012-07-03 at 11:38 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I don't think it will change what I expect Glaffin to say. We'll have to see though. I expect that they each have something they can take away from it.

On the upside, the main combat spell I wanted Glaffin to use has been confirmed as approved. I almost can't wait for the next speck of trouble to come after us, so long as he gets some rest beforehand.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so that's all the major loot gone. Two crossbows claimed, two shortbows claimed, one longbow claimed, and maybe another if Indrys wants it. One knife gone to Alec, two to Thorus, the masterwork items gone, and one suit of regular studded leather gone.

So, left over, we have!
    9 daggers/knives
    16 short swords
    2 longswords
    1 (2?) longbows
    9 shortbows
    1 light crossbow
    and 16 suits of studded leather.

Speak up now if you want anything else, or Tallhelm and his employees are taking the lot to distribute as they will.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, I was unaware there were knives left. Glaffin will claim two himself, if for no other reason than to have something that can slash, and cut rope if need be.

25. - Top - End - #145

I'm all set. Tempted to stock up on knives too just because they're there, but it isn't necessary.

Also, once the interrogation and burial are finished, it might be good for our group to do the camp searching and plundering together. I suspect that anyone who stays behind will get bored pretty fast, unless you've already got something to do. This way might be simpler for Destro, it'd stick to the rule of never splitting up if you don't have to, and best of all, everyone keeps access to Thorus (destroying with one hand and healing with the other, which is making him look less like a dragon follower and more like a Hindu deity). Considering that Glaffin is out of healing juice for today, I know I don't want to ride off without the party band-aid.

On an unrelated note, this'd also give us first access to anything nice and shiny at the camp. =D

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

I'm in agreement about camp raiding, if we can find out a rough estimate of how many bandits are left first. Hopefully Glaffin's borderline check there will help Thorus' Intimidate. If Destro rules that I can't Aid Another belatedly like that, that's fine, but that was my planned action while I was waiting on Ghar's post.

27. - Top - End - #147

Charm Person might not work, since the man is actively being threatened, but maybe Hypnotism could do the trick?
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

Good cop bad cop (I think I prefer the term carrot and stick, but it isn't quite the same). Thorus has been rolling so well that I'm surprised the bandit can beat his intimidation checks, but if he really somehow is, Indrys could suggest that Thorus and Glaffin take a walk while he acts as the nice, humane (you know what I mean), spell-enhanced savior.

But I don't see us needing that.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2012-07-03 at 08:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

As lightly implied in the post, I'd like a description of the kid, if possible. All we've heard so far is his rough age.

This, of course, assumes that he's still where he's supposed to be, and hasn't ran off without anyone noticing. =P

30. - Top - End - #150

I would have gone with Charm Person, but I was worried that the bandit might still count as being threatened, which would have given him a +5 on his save. This seemed like a safer option, despite having to influence a team-mate in addition to the bandit so as to avoid a DC penalty.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show