New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Guildmage [IC]

1. - Top - End - #301
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

The Major leaves you to your spellwork and rejoins his officers as they prepare the defensive line. The sounds from the city grow louder and after only a few minutes into the ritual everyeon can see what is making the noise as a gigantic construct lurches into sight atop the ruins of the city gate. The behemoth is nearly as tall as the walls of the city...and it appears to be hunched over, dragging a heavy chain across its back. It resembles the two cadaver collectors laying on the ground but is easily twice their size and as it advances you see that one of the cities stone obelisks is at the other end of the chain.

Major Stellen stares blankly at if for a moment before yelling for his archers to open fire. Close to three dozen arrows fly through the air and break harmlessly against the hardened metal of the construct.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Map.

I placed you all around the Undead Ward as that'd be what you were doing when it became visible. The behemoth is currently 'off-map' at the ruined city walls about 100ft away (roughly -13A). It's Gargantuan in size. We're not technically in combat right now but go ahead and post as if you were (in terms of actions, not in terms of order.)
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    Another construct, sighs Flavius. My dweomer will do little good against. We should stop casting the ritual and focus on destroying it, I suppose. The gnome stops leading the casting of the undead ward and prepares for battle.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Valen

Sighing, Valen curses the behemoth (and its creator, too, if he were here).

"Leanan was an amateur compared to these guys. All right then, I'll see if I can keep it distracted," he mutters, looking aside to his companions. "If you can slow its advance, that would be most helpful."

With that, he summons his blades of light and darkness, gives a half-serious salute and teleports onto the hillock ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor actions to curse the construct and summon his shadow-wrought weapon.
    Free action to turn his sword radiant.
    Move action to teleport to D-5, gaining concealment.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Jarl

Examining the being as it approaches, Jarl wonders for a moment about it's origins, and what exactly brought it to unlife. He then puts those thoughts from his mind, knowing what's important right now is destorying it. "Very well, I'll do what I can, Valen." He says as he follows behind the teleporting swordsman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to F3
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2013-01-24 at 09:21 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Riley

As his comrades in arms move out, Riley searches for a spot where he can put his stealth to good use in the impending battle. He moves to cover and prepares.

Spoiler
    Show
    Riley will move from cover to cover as best he can while sticking close to the rest of the group.

Minor: Skald's Aura: Song of Senendipity

Free: activate Radiant Weapon

Stealth: (1d20+23)[34]

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    I aim to layer some area of effect spells on its path, but I have not got anything to hit it with at this range, says Flavius, drawing his implements and advancing slightly.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!