Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 306

Thread: Guildmage [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    If you want to talk without breaking your chant, Riley, direct your thoughts to me, responds Flavius, using his telepathy. I'll stay close from here on out, he adds with a second thought.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    "Don't worry, I'm right here as well."
    Jarl reassures Riley, taking a position he's well familiar with, leading from the front. Things seem smoother around him, like a calm in the storm for his allies and trouble for his enemies.

    Move: To M2
    Standard: Lady Luck Smiles
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, I gain 8 THP for activating my Aegis.
    Lady Luck smiles:
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+21)[22]
    Damage: (2d10+9)[2][10](21) damage, and until the end of my next turn my allies within 5 squares get to roll twice for each Melee or Ranged attack, and use either result.

    Status:
    Jarl Bladeguide, Dwarf Swordmage, Captain of Fortune
    Init +7 HP 69/121 (8 THP) Bloodied 60 Healing Surge 30 (0 used /11)
    AC 35 Fort 31 Reflex 33 Will 32 Speed 5
    Effects:
    +3 to Non ac defenses from Imp. Warding
    Sharing best defenses with Elise and Riley (shown above)

    I am disappointed that of the shared defenses, I'm only providing one of them...
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Valen

    Not noticing their aura, Valen risks blinking in a bit closer to his target.

    "So you do know fear, eh spirit? Well then, tremble at the dire fate the stars have written for you," he tells the gargoyle, before pointing both swords towards the heavens and calling down an unsettling ray of light onto it.

    In that moment of radiance, Valen takes a quick moment to study any weak points in the gargoyle's stony surface.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action, teleport to S2, gaining concealment.

    Standard action, Dire Radiance at Gargoyle2.
    Cha (implement) vs. Fort, fear and radiant keywords, CA, +1 from Riley.

    (1d20+21)[24] to hit, (1d6+15)[19] radiant damage + (2d8)[8] curse damage, halved, and if the target moves closer to me on its turn (note that includes forced movement from an off-turn action) it takes an additional (1d6+15)[16] radiant damage.

    Minor action, place 1 shroud on the gargoyle.

    Save: (1d20)[3]

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 86/111, Bloodied: 55, SV: 27, SU: 1/9.
    AC: 28, Fort: 28, Ref: 30, Will: 29, +2 to all defenses vs. melee and ranged attacks from concealment.


    Lame. Anyway, same off-turn action as before: Hero's Defense if an attack would bloody me.
    Last edited by Scylfing; 2012-04-26 at 08:33 AM.
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    The gargoyle seems surprised by Jarls sudden appearance and it stumbles back under the assault of his sword. The patch of fog hiding Elise floats up to the top of the mausoleum and moments later thunder and lighting rain down below. The first gargoyle presses up against the building and shield himself from the storm but the one that Jarl knocked back is caught in the blast full-on. The lightning strikes right through him, sending a bolt of electricity deep into the ground and knocking off chips of stone from the gargoyle. As the storm clears, bits of frost and electricity cling to the gargoyle, but it merely grinds its teeth in anticipation, staring at Jarls neck. It completely ignores Flavius swarm of dragons this time, but the other gargoyle believes them to be real, swiping his claws at them as they fly around him, pecking and drawing black blood that slowly oozes.

    Though you feel uplifted by Riley's words and song, pretty words alone won't pierce the hide of the gargoyles and Riley's blade scrapes along the rocky exterior. The gargoyle snarls at him but keeps his attention focused on Jarl. Thinking he sees an opening, Valen attempts to dazzle and overwhelm the gargoyle with a beam of the light from the stars. The unnatural gloom of the dead city is too much though, and by the time the light reaches the gargoyle it's little more than a sparkle, a weak reflection of the true stars. The light strikes the gargoyle and it shatters, fading away quickly into the gloom.

    Unperturbed by the storms, dragons, and rays of light, the two gargoyles open their mouths wide and bare their sharp fangs. Double rows of what look like miniature stalagmites and stalagtites fill their mouth and they both lunge forward, trying to chomp into Jarl. The dwarf manages to block the first one with his sword but leaves himself open to the other, and it bites down hard on his neck. Beyond the pain, Jarl can feel the gargoyle greedily suck up his blood and flesh, tearing a chunk away and swallowing it in a single bite. Some of the chips and cracks in its stony hide smooth over and it smiles at you, it's teeth covered in your blood.

    The other one tilts its head to the left for a moment and then smiles, an unsettling sight even without your flesh in its mouth. An instant later you learn the reason for its glee as the wraiths that had sunk into the ground glide through the closed doors of the mausoleum. Their dark swords held high, their mouths open in a silent scream, they descend upon Jarl and Riley. Jarl manages to spin around at the last moment and block the wraiths sword with his own, but even from that brief touch Jarl can feel some of his life energy drained away. Riley is not so lucky and it appears as though the wraith ran him straight through the back, but by some twist of luck the wraiths sword misses the halflings heart, lungs, and other useful organs, instead only slicing the underside of his arm. The flesh there immediately begins to decay, pus forming in the open wound.

    The wraiths begin to glide foward but they immediately stop after attacking. Both of them stare at the glowstone sitting on the ground and the weak light pouring out. Though it's weakened, the light still appears to make them wary.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3

    The glowstone (which is on the map as the star in M1) has it's aura reduced by 1 due to the gloom. Wouldn't take much forced movement to get them in there tough.



    Damage by instance:
    Jarl: 15 physical, 14 physical, 9 necrotic
    Riley: 27 necrotic and weakened (save ends) (used Second Chance power)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-04-27 at 04:05 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    Through a swirl in the fog, Elise sees the whole enemy force clustered around Jarl, and she smiles behind her scarf. "Clear skies will come today, whether these beasts like it or not." Casting a spell, she attempts to clear the overcast, even for a moment, a column of whirling winds fighting against the pall.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor to sustain Deep Shroud, standard to use Blazing Starfall at L3-N1. If Jarl or Riley want me to use Dominant Winds on them (so they can fly 5) I'll do that, otherwise my move action is wasted.

    Attack vs. northern gargoyle reflex - (1d20+18)[30]
    Attack vs. wraith 1 reflex - (1d20+18)[23]
    Attack vs. wraith 2 reflex - (1d20+18)[35]
    Attack vs. southern gargoyle reflex - (1d20+18)[35]
    Attack vs. Jarl reflex - (1d20+13)[16] (He should still have the boosted reflex from Mantle of Unity at this point, too)
    Damage if hit - (1d4+22)[24] radiant/thunder damage, slide all of the enemies 2 into the space around the Glowstone:
    N. Gar to L1
    S. Gar to L0
    Wra1 to M1
    Wra2 to N1
    Jarl takes half damage on a hit.

    Oh, and if I'm hit this round, I'll use Narrow Escape to take half damage and teleport to Q4.

    Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Health: 84/102
    Surges Remaining: 8/8
    AC: 28
    Fort: 23
    Ref: 26
    Will: 32

    Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

    Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings


    Item Powers:
    Feyweave Robe of Bloodwalking +4
    Quickbeam Staff of the War Mage +3
    Torc of Power Presevation +3
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2012-04-27 at 05:32 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Riley

    Feeling weakened by the wraiths attack, the halfling rotates his arm as if trying to pump up his strength. He eyes the area quickly and spots the place he wants to be. Riley yells "Jarl, DUCK!" as he takes a step backward to give himself some room from the wraiths. He flings his dagger, narrowly missing Jarl as it flies towards the gargoyle on the other side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage Resolution:
    17dmg (resist 10 necrotic) Weakened

    Move: Riley shifts 1 to P2

    Attack: RBA Gargoyle2 (L2)
    RBA:(1d20+20)[34] vs Ref (includes -2 for radiant attacks)
    Damage:(1d4+13)[14] radiant (1/2 due to weakened)

    No Action: (if the RBA hits)
    Dimensional Step
    Encounter No Action
    Close burst 5
    Keywords: Arcane, Teleportation
    Trigger: You hit an enemy within 5 squares of you with a basic attack using a weapon .
    Effect: The attack deals 1[W] extra damage to the enemy you hit, and you and one ally in the burst can teleport to squares adjacent to that enemy. The ally can then make a basic attack against the enemy as a free action .

    Extra Damage:(1d4+13)[15] radiant (1/2 due to weakened)

    Riley teleports to K2 flanking Gargoyle2

    Save VS. Weakened
    (1d20)[12]

    Immediate:
    Strikebacks MBA VS whatever hits
    Backlash Tattoo instead if a hit bloodies (1 crit avoided)

    Conditional:(all contingent on the RBA hitting)
    - Jarl gets a +2 Power Bonus on his next attack VS Gargoyle2
    - Jarl can make a Basic Attack against Gargoyle2 w/ combat advantage and +6dmg as a free action
    - Gargoyle2 grants CA to everyone as long as Riley Flanks it.
    - Everyone has +1 power bonus to attack Gargoyle2 as long as Riley Flanks it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status:
    HP: 93/110
    Surges: 8/8
    AC:35 F:28 R:33 W:32
    Condition: Weakened

    Active Auras:
    Song of Serendipity
    Skald's Aura

    Encounters/Dailies:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory


    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall


    Items:
    Backlash Tattoo
    Strikebacks
    Last edited by PChubby; 2012-04-27 at 07:43 PM. Reason: marked Dimensional Step used

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's the updated map. For simplicities sake, I had Riley's actions happen before Elises, and (with NecroRebel's permission) will slide the northern Gargoyle only 1 instead of 2, to maintain the flank. Riley's and Jarls out of turn attack still target Gargoyle 2 - it just gets slid down and Gargoyle 1 takes it's place in the flank. Easiest way I could figure it.

    Hopefully that's not too confusing. I'm looking into using Google Docs for battlemaps, as this is getting cumbersome.

    Also, regarding the damage on Dimensional Step. You still get your static mods (weapon focus, enhancement, etc), but you don't get your ability score mod damage, as it's not 1[W]+Dex or whatever.



    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    Jarl takes advantage of the gargoyle's distraction to strike it once more. Catching his breath, his blade become a whirl of speed, defending him and throwing out a wave of energy at the enemies around him. "I'm not done yet!" He says, fighting on despite his wounds. "Hit them now, Flavius!"

    Free action: Free attack
    Standard: Swordburst
    Minor: Second Wind
    Move: Shift to N3
    Spoiler
    Show
    First the free attack.
    Attack vs AC-(1d20+25)[38] (+2 CA, +2 Power bonus)
    Damage-(1d20+15)[16] EDIT: Will be 17 damage, I treat 1s and 2s on weapon damage dice as 3s thanks to me PP.

    Swordburst against all adjacent enemies, attacks vs Reflex
    Gargoyle-(1d20+22)[37] (+2 CA, +1 Power bonus from Riley)
    Wraith 1-(1d20+19)[39]
    Wraith 2-(1d20+19)[26]
    Damage-(1d6+9)[15] force damage
    On hit, they treat any squares adjacent to either me or any ally as difficult terrain until the end of my next turn.

    Second wind heals me 30, back up to 69. +6 to all defenses (+2 Second wind, +4 item bonus from defending weapon)

    Status:
    Jarl Bladeguide, Dwarf Swordmage, Captain of Fortune
    Init +7 HP 69/121 Bloodied 60 Healing Surge 30 (1 used /11)
    AC40 Fort 37 Reflex 37 Will 36 Speed 5
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-04-27 at 11:36 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    The gnome sighs as his planned attack is still not possible. I can hurt the lot of them, but I'm not keen on freezing Jarl in with them, he says, and with a sigh he conjures another flight of silver dragons to harass their opponents.

    Standard Action: 1A - Winged Horde @ all of them, enlarged I can manage it.
    Move Action: To P(-2), so I am in Riley's aura

    Spoiler
    Show
    vs. Gargoyle 1: (1d20+22)[31] vs. Will
    vs. Gargoyle 2: (1d20+20)[28] vs. Will
    vs. Wraith 1: (1d20+20)[28] vs. Will
    vs. Wraith 2: [roll]1d20+20p/roll] vs. Will

    Hit: (1d6+15)[17] cold, fire and psychic damage and they can't make opportunity attacks, they grant me CA and they gain vulnerable 5 cold all until the end of my next turn. If hit, Gargoyle 1 takes +5 damage from the vulnerable.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Battered about by the intense winds, the wraiths and gargoyles find themselves pushed towards the feeble light emanating from the glowstone. The gargoyles ignore it, but the wraiths scream out in pain as bits of their shadowy self burn away. Their voices sound distant, as if someone were shouting down a long alley. Jarl's sword slices clean through the gargoyles shoulder and it's arm falls to the ground and shatters into countless small rocks. It looks shocked for a moment, but the expression is wiped away as the wave of force slams into both of the gargoyles, disintegrating both of them in an instant. They explode in a puff of black smoke, bits of charred stone laying behind where they were.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's the link to the map. Currently Flavius is at P-2.

    Scylfing is last to act this round.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-04-29 at 01:20 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Valen

    When the gargoyles break apart into rubble and smoke, the curse upon them also radiates outward, eerily illuminating an opening for Jarl to attack the wraith next to him.

    Valen then teleports into a flanking position with Jarl against that wraith and curses both undead spirits, "Light of the stars burn away your taint." He strikes at the wraith with his rapier, now glowing with a radiant light, in such a way as to drive it into the glowstone's aura.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free action: Jarl may take a free action to make a MBA against Wraith 1, dealing 5 ongoing radiant damage (save ends) to the target in addition to any other damage. If Jarl does, he also takes 5 damage. If he doesn't, I take 5 damage and get to use Fate of the Void instead. Since this is in place of Fate of the Void I think it can be used multiple times in a turn, but it's up to Jarl if he wants to take advantage of it.

    Move action: Armathor's Step to L3, gaining +2 to my next attack vs. Wraith 1, as well as concealment UEMNT and CA vs. cursed targets.

    Minor action: Warlock's Curse both wraiths.

    Standard action: Eldritch Strike at Wraith 1.
    Cha (weapon) vs. AC: (1d20+23)[31] (CA negates radiant penalty)
    (1d8+11)[13] radiant damage and (2d8)[14] curse damage, halved, and slide 1 square to M2.

    Save vs. weakened: (1d20)[14] (+1 or +2 from Fate of the Void if Jarl doesn't take one or both MBAs).

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 86/111 (81 or 76 if Jarl doesn't take one or both MBAs), Bloodied: 55, SV: 27, SU: 1/9.
    AC: 28, Fort: 28, Ref: 30, Will: 29, +2 to all defenses vs. melee and ranged attacks from concealment.

    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    The wraiths shadows burn and they turn and stare at Valen, their eyes shrinking down into small glowing dots. They open their mouths wide and pierce the air with another scream before darting back down underground, faster than wind.

    The graveyard is calm for only a moment before the two iron wrought doors swing open silently and a massive claw reaches out from the darkness and swipes at Valen. The razor sharp bone fingers slice through his armor and leave a deep cut on his arm. The blood immediately begins to ooze out and he can see that some of the green liquid that coated the bones was left in the wound and is already beginning to work its way down. A creature steps out of the darkness of the door and stops in between Jarl and Valen, a hideous caricature of a man. It stands seven feet tall and is emaciated thin. It's eyes are sunken deep and it's hands have been cut and stripped of flesh and meat, leaving only sharpened bone fingers and strands of ligaments, each boneclaw laced with some greenish substance.

    Another claw swipes at Jarl but the dwarf dodges out of the way, turning to see another of the undead monstrosities standing in the doorway.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 4

    The wraiths shifted to parts unknown...and these fellas showed up.

    Image
    Spoiler
    Show


    Here's the link to the map.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    The gnome convey a mental message to Jarl. Take a step back, my dwarven friend, and I will fill that mausoleum with some magic.

    OOC: Requesting that Jarl shift a square back after his turn and that no one else enter Jarl's current square before my turn, so I can frostburn and winter's wrath that whole building, hopefully hitting the wraiths inside.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    "Gah, more monstrosities?" Riley says with a roll of his eyes. He takes a roundabout path to position himself near both Valen and Flavius and places his hand on Valen's sword. As he speaks a few words, the sword begins to rumble with the sound of distant thunder. "That should help make quick work of them." Then with a quick flourish he stabs at the clawed abomination standing in front of him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move to M2 (via L1)

    Minor:
    Echoing Weapon
    Encounter Minor Action
    Keywords: Arcane, Thunder
    Effect: Until the end of your next turn, the next weapon attack made with the target weapon deals 2d6 thunder damage to one target of the attack, regardless of whether the attack hits or misses.

    Standard:
    MBA Thing1
    Attack:(1d20+20)[26] vs Ref (-2 for radiant included)
    Damage:(1d4+13)[14] radiant

    Immediate:
    Strikebacks MBA VS whatever hits
    Backlash Tattoo instead if a hit bloodies (1 crit avoided)

    Conditional: (if the MBA hits)
    - +2 power bonus to Valen's next attack vs Thing1


    Spoiler
    Show
    Status:
    HP: 93/110
    Surges: 8/8
    AC:35 F:28 R:33 W:32

    Condition:

    Active Auras:
    Song of Serendipity
    Skald's Aura

    Encounters/Dailies:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory


    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall


    Items:
    Backlash Tattoo
    Strikebacks

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    Without being able to see into the interior of the mausoleum, Elise can't get a good look at the newcomers, so with a quiet word she forms another fog-bridge to carry her to the southern path. Her new vantage doesn't satisfy her, though, as the opening in the shadows created by her previous spell doesn't illuminate the creatures, and she casts a second spell to change that, reforming the fog into a prismatic rainbow cloud.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana Knowledge - (1d20+14)[22]

    Minor to sustain Deep Shroud, move action to use Dominant Winds to fly to M-1, and standard to Blazing Starfall at L7-P3 (center at N5; some might have cover)

    Attack rolls include radiant penalty
    Attack vs. Boneclaw 2 Reflex - (1d20+18)[34]
    Attack vs. Valen Reflex - (1d20+13)[31]
    Attack vs. Boneclaw 1 Reflex - (1d20+18)[29]
    Attack vs. Jarl Reflex - (1d20+13)[19]
    If wraiths are inside that burst, here's attack rolls for them, too:
    Attack vs. Wraith 1 Reflex - (1d20+18)[31]
    Attack vs. Wraith 2 Reflex - (1d20+18)[19]
    Damage if hit - (1d4+22)[23] radiant/thunder damage and slide enemies 2:
    BC 1 to N1
    BC 2 to N2
    Wraiths just closer to the mausoleum entrance
    Allies take half damage.

    If I'm hit this turn, I'll use Narrow Escape to take half damage and teleport onto the roof at Q4.

    Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Health: 84/102
    Surges Remaining: 8/8
    AC: 28
    Fort: 23
    Ref: 26
    Will: 32

    Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

    Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings


    Item Powers:
    Feyweave Robe of Bloodwalking +4
    Quickbeam Staff of the War Mage +3
    Torc of Power Presevation +3
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    Jarl nods at Flavius's request, though it becomes less necessary as Elise blows them around. He binds the creatures to him with his magic, then tries to enhance the bond by channeling a spell through his blade, delivering it by touch.

    Minor: Aegis of Assault both
    Move: Shift to M3
    Standard: Booming Blade on thingy 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Booming blade attack vs AC:
    (1d20+21)[38]
    Damage-(1d10+9)[12]
    On hit, if it starts it's turn adjacent to me and moves away it takes (1d6+3)[7] thunder damage
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    The gnome rubs his hands, and then begins a short incantation. When he is done, a single snowflake leaps from his fingertips to land on the ground behind the wights. Not a moment later, the snowflake explodes, covering the ground and the two monsters in fire and ice. Wasting no time, he begins a second incantation as soon as the snowflake left his hand. An illusory silver dragon appears above the battlefield, circles once, and then pours a cone of cold magic down onto the wights, leaving a fine mist hanging over the field of fire and ice.

    Standard Action: Frostfire, Burst 2 centered @P2
    Action Point: Winter's Wrath, Burst 2 centered @ P2

    Spoiler
    Show
    Frostfire Wight 1: (1d20+20)[21] vs. Fortitude
    Frostfire Wight 2: (1d20+20)[33] vs. Fortitude
    Hit: (3d6+17)[29] cold and fire damage and the target gains vulnerable 5 cold UEMNT.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone of difficult terrain. Any creature that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes 5 cold and fire damage.

    Winter's Wrath Wight 1: (1d20+20)[34] vs. Fortitude
    Winter's Wrath Wight 2: (1d20+20)[22] vs. Fortitude
    Hit: (2d8+17)[23] cold damage, plus 5 if they're vulnerable to cold from my Frostfire.
    Effect: The area of effect is lightly obscured UEMNT. Any creature that enters the zone or starts their turn there takes 6 cold damage.
    Special: I get +2 to one of these attack rolls from my paragon path. I will prioritize whichever wight was hit by Frostfire if only one was for the bonus. Otherwise, Wight 1 gets the bonus.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Valen

    Valen can't help but cry out in pain as the undead monstrosity claws at him. He spits curses at both, but singles out the one that wounded him for retribution, teleporting next to it and stabbing violently with his newly empowered rapier.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Arcana knowledge check: (1d20+18)[21]
    Minor action to place Warlock's Curse on creatures 1 and 2.

    Move action to teleport to M-0, presuming my usual teleport 3.

    Standard action to attack creature 1 with Eldritch Strike.
    Cha (weapon) vs. AC: (1d20+21)[27] (CA negating radiant penalty)
    Hit: (1d8+11)[14] radiant damage + (2d6)[3] lightning damage + (2d8)[15] curse damage, halved, and slide the target 1 square to M-1.

    Edit: apparently there's another +2 to hit here provided that Riley's attack hit. Also the lightning damage works on a miss, too.

    Saving throw: (1d20)[13] (if my attack bloodied creature 1 I'll take Fate of the Void boon to add +1 to this roll).

    For off-turn, again if an attack would bloody me I'll use Hero's Defense.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 69/111, Bloodied: 55, SV: 27, SU: 2/9.
    AC: 28, Fort: 28, Ref: 30, Will: 29, +2 to all defenses vs. melee and ranged attacks from concealment (again presuming teleport 3).

    Last edited by Scylfing; 2012-05-02 at 03:02 PM.
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    Apologies, it is about to get rather cold in here, says Flavius as a warning as he moves to rejoin his companions. A wave of cold air rushes out from the gnome, and suddenly the whole party feels strangely sluggish and vulnerable; the wights certainly feel the chill too.

    Move Action: To L1
    Minor Action: Solkara's Grasp, Aura 2 UEMNT, sustainable. Creatures in the aura are slowed and vulnerable 5 to cold.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    The air shatters and the earth shakes with the elemental power thrown at the wights. Burned, frozen, and electrified, the wights bodies are ravaged by the attacks. Wounds burst open and dark pus spills out, along with several small crawling things, and they both let out a hideous scream the rends the morning. Frenzied by their pain they lash out with their boneclaws, trying to get past Jarl's sword guard but failing to do so.

    One of the wights snarls in frustration and turns, slashing at Valen with it's diseased claws. The suddenness of the attack catches him off-guard and the wights razor sharp bone fingers rip into his flesh, infecting the wound with the green slime that coats their fingers. The other wight raises it's claws to swipe at Jarl again but the swirling cold around it flares up and snaps at him like a living thing. He flash freezes, his bones becoming brittle and weak and the dark pulsing in his chest that substituted for a heart stops. It's eyes go wide and then it tilts over and falls on the ground, it's body smashing like a frozen statue.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 5

    Off-turn Results:

    Riley, Jarl, Flavius take 14 necrotic damage from first Wail. Valen uses Hero's Defense and it misses, Elise teleports to Q4 and takes 7 necrotic damage.

    Riley and Valen take 15 necrotic damage from the second Wail (Elise was still in range of the power).

    This round:

    Valen takes 15 necrotic damage, loses a healing surge and is weakened (save ends).

    ---

    The wight ignored Jarl's mark, so he can respond to that.

    Map Link.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    As the wight ignores him, Jarl's magic brings up face to face with the creature. Jarl shakes off the shock of the wail, sounding like screams of it's innocent victims, and spikes of force appear on his blade as he attempts to shred the wight. The spikes latch onto the creature, vibrating with contained energy.

    Immediate reaction: Teleport to M2, attack with Spikes of Agony
    Standard: Booming blade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spikes of agony, Attack vs AC:(1d20+21)[36]
    Damage-(2d10+9)[3][3](15) force damage (Is there a way to roll above a minimum value? Like a range of 3-10?)
    On hit, if it moves before the end of it's next turn, it take 10 force damage.

    Booming blade, attack vs ac:(1d20+21)[32]
    Damage:(1d10+9)[10] (minimum 12)
    On hit, if it starts it's turn adjacent to me and moves away, it takes (1d6+3)[9] thunder damage, and treats all squares adjacent to me or my allies as difficult terrain until the end of my next turn.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-05-04 at 11:59 PM.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    The spikes of force slam into the wight and it's body shudders. It glares at Jarl out of one eye, the other shut in pain and it twists itself around, trying to claw at him in retaliation. Fortunately for Jarl the spikes went through the wights spine and it's back seizes, it's whole body going into convulsions for a few moments before it abruptly collapses to the ground, lifeless and unmoving.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    If I could draw on that chant of yours, Riley, I'd be much obliged, says Flavius, lowering his staff.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing: (4d6+21)[36]


    Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flavius Argentum
    Health: 80/84
    Temporary HP: 5
    Surges Remaining: 6/8
    AC: 31
    Fort: 26
    Ref: 30
    Will: 31

    Effects:
    +3 damage if attack targets more than one enemy
    +2 damage on cold & thunder powers
    +2 damage on cold powers | -5 enemy cold resist
    +5 vulnerable to cold @ target after fire hits
    +CA @ target after illusion hits
    +1 to saving throws
    +5 to saving throws vs. illusion
    Resist 10 Cold
    Resist 10 Dragon Breath Weapons
    Reroll 1's on Saves and Skillchecks
    Two-Way Telepathy
    Climb 5, assuming I end the move horizontal

    Active status effects:
    None

    At-Will Powers:
    Cold Flaming Winged Horde
    Phantom Bolt
    Light
    Mage Hand


    Encounter Powers:
    Frostburn
    Genie's Intercession
    Winter's Wrath
    Call the Night Winds
    Solkara's Wave
    Chameleon's Mask
    Spook
    Fade Away
    Gnomish Ghost Sound
    Orb of Deception
    Staff of Defense


    Daily Powers:
    Soul Puppets
    Face of Death
    Glitterdust
    Solkara's Grasp
    Refocus
    Mass Resistance
    Limited Wish
    Eschew Components [Divination]


    Item Powers:
    Magic Orb +4
    Defensive Staff +1
    Dragonslayer Dagger +2 [Solkara]
    Feyweave of Cold Resistance +4
    Greater Medallion of the Mind +3
    Fey-Blessed Circlet
    Paragon Gloves of Ice
    Wallwalkers
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-05-06 at 01:12 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    While the group takes a short rest to recover, Riley cleans the infected ichor from Valen's wounds as best he can.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal:(1d20+14)[15]

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    Elise stands ready, fog still shrouding her from view, for half a minute before it becomes clear that the sword wraiths were not returning. Breathing in heavily, she inhales the mists, using the lingering power within them to heal the gashes the stone creatures had dealt her, before dropping down off the roof. "That wasn't ideal," she comments. "I wouldn't have expected them to be lying in wait like that. We should be more careful. I'm surprised that those stone things were fighting with the undead, though; I spent most of the war in the dwarf halls, and never saw anything like that. I would've thought that if the Demon used them anywhere, it would be where they would be surrounded by earth."

    Seeing Riley cast about for suitable materials to clean Valen's wounds and coming up empty, Elise reaches into her own pack for some clean cloth and water. "It might be corrupted by the darkness already, but we shouldn't let that stuff stay on him even if we have to use dirty water."

    Spoiler
    Show
    As mentioned in the OOC thread, spending 1 healing surge to bring myself to 102/102 health from 77. Also, Aid Another on Riley's heal attempt to give him +2:

    Heal - (1d20+7)[17]

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    The echoes of the slaughter wights screams seem to go on for longer than they should. The last of it finally dies away and you're all left alone by the mausoleum; the wraiths do not come back.

    With more time to look around you see that the graves were dug up not with shovels and picks but with claws. There are gashes and scrapes along the walls of the graves, and you can see that the coffins in each of them lay smashed, some from the outside, others from within. Funeral relics and other things that were dear to the departed are still within the graves, tossed to the side or forgotten when the dead came to gather the dead.

    The inside of the mausoleum is dark, but those with enhanced vision can see that an open foyer awaits them. The floor is heavy stone, still crisp and sharp after years of waiting, though there's dark trails of dirt, grass and blood that lead from the entrance to a stone tile that's been removed. You can see the top of a set of stairs going down below, the dirt trail on it. The far wall is harder to see, but you can make out hundreds, if not thousands, of bone skulls, all placed in orderly rows on the ossuary shelves that line the wall.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    Jarl kicks at the now destroyed bodies, turning them over to get a better look at the creatures. "Yes, I've heard of these gargoyles before, but from other fronts of the war. You'll have to tell me of your time in our lands, Elise, once we make it out of this mess."

    Taking the lead again, Jarl enters the mausoleum, somewhat unnerved by the row upon row of skulls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spending another healing surge in addition to the Skald Aura healing, bringing me to full health with 3 surges spent.
    Stealth, for what it's worth-(1d20+6)[12]
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    Elise nods, smiling behind her scarf. "My time in those tunnels wasn't the most pleasant... My friends weren't exactly welcome there, and there was the matter of the nightly assaults from the walking dead. But we can talk about that later."

    Elise gazes at the skulls thoughtfully, then whispers, "Do you think the Demon could make skulls spy for him? Should we smash those, or is that more defilement than this place should bear?"

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    I'm of a mind with Elise; those skulls are not to be trusted. And I'm all for destroying every inch of this place with magic; it is not salvageable, I think, he projects to the group through telepathy, not wanting his voice to alert any waking dead.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    When Jarl walks into the mausoleum he sees that the easthern and southern walls are also filled with the skulls, lined up on the shelves. The western wall seems to be some kind of door through the darkness, but that problem solves itself a moment later as pale green lights begin to glow within each eye socket of the skulls. Tens of thousands small points of light, individually not much more than a spark, but together enough to push through the gloom and illuminate the chamber.

    In the pale green light you can see that all of the walls except the western are indeed covered with the ossuary shelves. The removed stone tile has been pulled aside and the stairs spiral down, further into the ground and darkness below. The western wall is centered with two large bronze doors, currently closed and every inch covered in elaborate and intricate sigils and carvings. Even with a casual glance you see that it's another example of the old Hevian language, though it's something more than that, and less. The writing seems strange, but you quickly realize that you're looking at both flowery rhetoric and the actual instructions for a ritual. It's confusing and arrogant and seems to

    Spoiler
    Show
    Skills!

    If You're Trained in Arcana
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize the green light from the skulls as a simple wizard spell, Light. However each skull seems to be radiating an individual instance of the spell, they appear to be a permanent magic item and they all triggered at the same moment.


    Perception DC 22
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Jarl steps in and the skulls light up, your memory flashes back to a few minutes ago and you realize that the skulls did not light up when the undead slaughter wights burst from the mausoleum.


    Arcana DC 22
    Spoiler
    Show
    The skulls have been bound together into a mass ritual version of the simple Light spell. There are other arcane energies laid on the skulls as well, but a moments reflection and you realize that the other abjuration is not laid on the skulls, but upon the Mass Light ritual that is on the skulls. Given enough time, you think you could analyze the ritual and record it and/or unweave it.


    Arcana DC 31
    Spoiler
    Show
    The abjuration laid on the Mass Light ritual is a simple spell - it provides a trigger for the skulls. The condition could be anything. A quick examination of how the lines are arranged in the spell show that it's keyed to a specific type of creature; in this case, living creatures.


    Lastly, DC 15 Intelligence check
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the massive scrawl of old Hevian on the bronze doors, something clicks in your head and you understand the meaning of the inscription above the iron wrought doors to the mausoleum ""Mortem est ostium." - "Death is a Doorway."
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •