Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 306

Thread: Guildmage [IC]

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    At the least, arms and armaments to be added to the armory. But I think the Guild may enjoy examining these artifacts, nonmagical though they are. Has anyone got an extradimensional space in which to store them?
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    Jarl looks slightly uncomfortable at this, "Graverobbing isn't exactly something I make a habit of. Still, it's for fighting the undead menace and keeping it out of their hands..."

    "I could use the shield, and hold on to the sword for now."
    With that, he moves on to the next casket.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to check it over again. (1d20+8)[13]

    We may just want to cover opening all the caskets, rather than one at a time to move things along. The matter of whether or now we're stripping the place of items of value is one we should quickly determine as well.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    It is not for profit that we take these items, but for study or practical use, Jarl. I think that is acceptable. Trust me, I find petty tombrobbers and their profiteering as distasteful as you do.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Riley

    As distasteful as it may be, I say we take all we can. Keep it out of the hands of undead that are sent against us. Riley unlashes a plain looking bag from his belt and opens it revealing an extra dimensional space. This should hold some of the items we find provided they aren't too big or heavy.

    Now, if I fall into old habits, we might get through these quicker. The halfling clenches his fists then flings them open wiggling his fingers as he examines the remaining sarcophagi.

    Spoiler
    Show
    20 cubic feet/200lbs for the bag of holding

    Perception for Traps: [roll0]
    Thievery to disable (if found): [roll1]
    Thievery to open (if locked):[roll2]

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    "What worries me is that these receptacles weren't sealed, yet the weapons, and the remains, are still inside. Do you think the Demon's minions even came in here? They might've thought the collapse was more complete than it actually was."

    Elise fingers the edge of one of the coffins after it has been levered open by her more robust companions. "I don't know how many mithral items I've seen that haven't had some form of magic on them. Even if we can't detect any on these, an artificer might. Now that these are opened, we should take or destroy anything within that might be used by our enemies anyway just so they can't." She pauses for a second. "...I guess that means we should take the bones, or at least break them. At least they're nothing squishy, but I still don't like the idea," she gripes irritatedly.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    The other sarcophagi don't offer up any answers to Elise's questions, and the other three skeletons are in similar repose to the shieldbearer. Each had been laid to rest in their full battle regalia, and though some of the weaker cloth has worn away the metals and boiled leather have proven surprisingly resilient through the years.

    The next warrior you examine is wearing what appears to be normal leather armor, yet there's an interlocking series of metal rings that affixed to the leather. A large spear rests in the skeletons arms, the shaft made of some exotic wood that Valen immediately recognizes as darkwood from his experiences with the fey in the forest, a highly prized and rare wood cut from carefully cultivated trees. The exact details are a secret, but he remembers that the wood is as strong as steel yet is balanced and light in the hand. The broad, flat tip of the spear has been encased in a metal head that looks to be some kind of silver alloy.

    Great spikes jut out all over from the full body plate mail of the warrior in the third sarcophagi. Rows of tiny spikes circle around his great helm as well, and a weighted heavy mace lays in one mailed and gloved hand. This skeleton appears to be the largest of them all, reaching nearly the full 7ft of the sarcophagi, but that may be partly due to the immensity of his armor.

    Inside the last sarcophagi bear the bones of a female warrior wearing a studded leather breastplate and skirt. Two blades are layed across her chest, one long that has a pronounced recurve and the other a stout dagger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Some of this is mundane, others superior.

    First skeleton: Helm (normal, but antique), Mithral Scalemail (Tough 4), Heavy Shield (Tough 4), Curved Sword (Drow Long Knife)

    Second skeleton: Greatspear, Ring Mail

    Third skeleton: Great Helm (custom superior armor), Spiked Plate, Heavy Mace (custom superior weapon)

    Fourth skeleton: Studded Leather, Khopesh, Parrying Dagger.

    ---

    Some of the weapons and armor are in unfamiliar styles, such as the Long Knife. That's an example of Hevian crafting, along with the Khopesh, though for some reason the khopesh managed to stay in use while most no one today has seen or heard of a Long Knife. The studded leather armor and ring mail would be the unfamiliar armors.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Valen

    Letting out a soft, whistling gasp, made raspy by his wounds, Valen can't help but reach out for the greatspear.

    "This is darkwood," he whispers in amazement. "Their craftsmen must have been as knowledgable as they were skilled. I've not seen the like of it..." He trails off at the end, catching himself before he could say "since".

    "I know we're here to slay the restless dead, not rob their graves, but some of these treasures would be useful to the cause, if for nothing else then at least for their value."
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    I've knowledge of a simple spell, known as the Last Sight Vision. If you would like, honoured colleagues, I could perform this simple divination and glimpse whatever threat slew these ancient warriors. It may provide insight into threats we face ahead, projects the gnome to his companions as they admire the craftsmanship of the gear. Or I might perform another simple divination, the Object Reading, and see the seminal moments of that spear, or this mace, to glimpse into the past.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    While he recognizes the quality of the weapons and armor, Jarl has little use for most of what they find.

    The dwarf simply shrugs at Flavius's request. "It doesn't seem like it would tell us much of what is happening here, but knowledge is power and we might as well take the chance now." He stands guard near the doorway while Flavius casts his ritual.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    Any preference as to which corpses or items I choose? I have more than enough components to cast them both five times apiece, but I think it would be quite a waste of time and resources to do so.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    "I've heard that you can tell if a skeleton's former owner had ever broken any bones in life somehow. Does anyone know how? If one of them was injured more than the others, they probably had a more active life, so they probably had a more interesting death, too."

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    "What about this one? He looks like quite the specimen."
    Jarl points at the large skeleton in spiked armor. "Seems as good as any, at least."
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    The gnome approaches and performs the simple Last Sight Vision ritual on the indicated corpse.

    Spoiler
    Show
    25 GP component cost.
    I see and hear the last X rounds of the target's life.

    Arcana: (1d20+24)[37]

    20-29: 4 rounds
    30-39: 6 rounds
    40+: 10 rounds
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Leaving the skeleton intact in it's sarcophagi, Flavius arranges the regents and smokingincense in a circle around it. Placing himself at the top, near the head of the sarcophagi, he slows his breathing and enters into a meditative trance, first shielding his mind to the psychic horror of the sinkhole before communing with the last vestige of spirit still within the dead warriors skull. Minutes go by in silence and everyone can feel the pressure in the room slowly increasing as if some outside presence were trying to overpower their mental defenses and break into your mind.

    The silver flecked white candles set around the sarcophagi flicker and grow dimmer as the pressure intensifies until it no longer feels like a mere mental presence, but instead someone trying to pry apart your heads with their strong hands. The last of the incense stops smoking and the heady aroma is immediately replaced with the stench of rotten, diseased flesh, nauseating and seeming to stick to your clothes like a physical thing. Right before the pressure becomes unbearable the last candle flickers and seems to go out for the briefest of moments, plunging the room into darkness that even dwarven eyes cannot see through, as if each were struck blind...though the darkness last only a moment and the small flame catches again to illuminate the room.

    The burned candles and melted incense sticks are still arranged around the sarcophagi, both them and the skeleton in it undisturbed. Flavius is gone.


    Flavius

    When the room goes dark you feel your mental shielding finally snap and some presence floods your mind, your psyche screaming at the violation. Your sense of equilibrium goes wild and a moment later violently snaps back into place as the darkness is lifted and the presence evaporates from you.

    Your eyes squint to adjust to the sudden brightness and you immediately realize you are no longer in the catacombs beneath the necropolis. You are outside in a city street, pressed on all sides by a mass of humanity. Men and women dressed in an archaic fashion are running past you, screaming wild in a vaguely familiar language, fear in their eyes. One runs into you and trips, sending both of you to the ground in a confusion of arms and legs. Some behind him swerve to avoid the two of you but others simply try to run over, stepping on you and the man in their haste.

    A piercing scream tends the air and is cut short, and you can see what the crowd is running from. Not half a dozen paces in front of you stands a giant of a man clad in spiked metal armor and wearing a spiked helm. Rearing back with his oversized mace he brings it down again on the women that he just hit, smashing her head into pavement. He lifts the mace up, its jutted metal head covered in blood and bits of bone and whirls it about him in a wide arc, crashing it into the backs of two men that fall to the ground, their backs broken.

    The crowd has lightened around you now and you can see other armored men behind him, each attacking and slaughtering the people trying to flee.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1. (For the other PC's, please restrict yourself to approximate rounds while this other scene plays out).

    Combat Map.

    Though there aren't tokens on the map for the fleeing people, assume that the map is about 1/4 filled with them and running away from the heavily armored soldiers. Any Area of Effect spell is going to hit people fleeing. As more people get away this will change. For now consider the whole map difficult terrain.

    Initiative:
    - Flavius (currently Prone)
    - Armored Men/Commoners
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    Oh dear... this is not right at all. Am... am I to be his slayer? What cruel trick of the sinkhole is this? thinks Flavius, as the gnome comes to his feet and brushes off his robes. As the men are murdering innocents where they stand, Flavius wastes no time with words. He inhales deeply and lets out a ball of fire and ice. It rains down on the men, creating a field of ice and fire. He then

    Move Action: Stand up from prone.
    Standard Action: 13E - Enlarged Frostfire, Burst 3 @ Bottom Right of Victory Area B

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs. Closer Guy: (1d20+20)[21] vs. Fortitude
    Attack vs. Further Guy: (1d20+20)[40] vs. Fortitude

    Hit: (3d6+11)[20] cold and fire damage, and the closer guy gets vulnerable 5 cold overall, if he is not hit than the further guy gets vulnerable 5 cold instead. Both gain a separate vulnerable 5 cold to my next arcane attack power. The area is difficult terrain until the end of my next turn. Anyone starting their turn in the burst or entering it takes 5 cold and fire damage (whoever got Lasting Frost takes 10).
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Riley

    "I'm not a skilled ritualist but that can't be good." Riley says with a whisper as the realization that Flavius is gone sets in. He quickly spins around with his dagger at the ready as he examines the room for signs of what happened or possible attackers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana:(1d20+15)[19]
    Perception:(1d20+15)[34]

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius

    The maelstorm of fire and ice erupts in the market stalls, burning and freezing tents and carts, along with half a dozen people hiding under them. The giant man in spiked plate ignores the frostfire and snaps his helm towards the gnome. The soldier behind him is not so fortunate and he lets out a scream of surprise and pain as the magical energies assault him. He looks at you with hate in his eyes but giant holds a mailed fist up and the soldier stops, growling at you. Frustrated, he whirls around finds someone else to hack with his greatsword. Unfortunately he doesn't have to go far and more people fell beneath his blade.

    The giant steps on the back of one of the men on the ground, snapping it further and the man's feeble strugges cease. Though the remnants of the frostfire singe him, he raises his mace in salute and lifts up the visor on his helm. "Legatus sum Corbett, veneficus. Et accipiam vocas." He says in what you recognize as old Hevian, and though you're not sure what his words mean his intent is clear as he snaps down the visor and quickly advances towards and brings his mace down from high above without another word.

    The nimble gnome manages to dodge at the last moment and the mace goes slamming down into the ground, sending a small shockwave out that unbalances Flavius. The warrior snarls beneath his helm and hefts his mace back up, ready to slam it down again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mace
    Attack. (1d20+20)[23] vs AC 31 [MISS]
    Hit. (2d8+14)[23] damage and the target falls prone. On a critical hit the target is also dazed (save ends).
    Effect. The target is marked and slowed until the end of Corbett's next turn.

    Last Sight Vision Map

    Round 2 - Last Sight Vision
    - Flavius
    - Corbett

    Summary: Soldier 1 has Vulnerable 5 Cold.

    Does the "Both gain a separate vulnerable 5 cold to my next arcane attack power" apply if you miss the target?


    Catacombs

    While Riley isn't sure how the ritual transported Flavius elsewhere, he hears the sound of shuffling movement coming from the main chamber. His keen halfling ears can make out six distinct sources, and it sounds like barefeet moving across stone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 2 - Catacomb Chapel
    - Riley, Jarl, Elise, Valen
    - Ghouls

    Catacomb Chapel Map.

    Right now you all are still in the room with the sarcophagi, but if you move towards the chapel, you'll see the creatures. Provided you have a light source, that is.

    When you can see them (quick description)
    Spoiler
    Show
    These creatures are obviously undead. Their bodies are pale and decaying, if not wholly rotted through. Their bodies are gaunt and thin, their skin stretched tight over their bones. Though they carry no weapons their nails have been sharpened into claws.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-06-14 at 10:16 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    "The ritual was cast on the bones! Smash them, maybe that will end it!" Elise shouts, uncaring about the sounds from outside the tomb for now, and moves to do just that, staff raised to slam, end-on, into the skull within the spiked armor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what action, if any, would be appropriate here. Attack roll? Is an attack even appropriate for trying to crush an inanimate object? Maybe a strength check? I'll... just roll a d20 and let you decide what it means.

    (1d20)[1]

    Strength would be at +8, as would a basic attack. Damage from an attack would be (1d8)[6]; none of my bonuses actually apply to my MBAs, so it's just my noodly wizard appendages' power behind that.

    Edit: ...And a natural 1. Epic fail

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Riley

    The halfling quickly moves to stop Elise from smashing the remains grasping at her staff to halt the swing. "We'll have to test your theory later, we've a more pressing matter. There's lots of movement in the chamber." He says softly while pointing to the main chamber. Riley gently lowers her staff then moves quietly along the wall to get a better look at the source of the sounds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Riley is concerned with keeping Elise from making a loud noise. Not sure how you want to resolve it.

    As for the movement, Riley moves far enough to get a look at the ghouls and report back.

    Stealth:(1d20+23)[39]

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    Elise stumbles, Riley's hand the only thing stopping her staff from clacking loudly against the side of the sarcophagus, and looks around sheepishly as he helps her stabilize herself. "We need to help Flavius," she insists, more quietly this time, "we can deal with whatever's out there once we've gotten him back."

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Shadow_Elf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Muarzibet, Siraaj
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Flavius
    Not a speaker of Ancient Hevian, the gnome cannot respond in kind. He regrets the townspeople struck by his spell, but they would all have fallen to the blades of the soldiers in time. On top of that, he's not even sure that these people are real; Flavius certainly didn't live in ancient Hevia. So he decides that his only option is to keep up the attack. He sidesteps the hulking man and inhales deeply, breathing more ice onto his foe.

    Move Action: Shift down and to the right.
    Standard Action: 7E - Winter's Wrath, burst arranged to hit the guy in front of me

    Spoiler
    Show
    I am not sure Flavius would have used an area of effect attack if living innocents were in the burst. I suppose they are "minions" so they would die to the terrain component, but War Wizardry should have made me miss at least a few initially.

    In any case, I suppose they are dead now, so I have naught to do but keep laying the hurt on these bad guys.

    Attack: (1d20+20)[26] vs. Fortitude
    Hit: (2d8+14)[28] cold damage, he gains vulnerable 5 cold UEMNT and the burst creates a zone of light concealment that deals 6 cold damage to anyone that enters it or starts their turn there.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Valen

    "Shhh! We'll find a way to bring him back, but we have our own problems here," Valen whisper-yelled, before drawing (but not activating) his rapier, resummoning his shortsword and situating himself into position to ambush whoever's approaching.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Arcana to try to understand what happened to Flavius: (1d20+18)[22]
    Stealth: (1d20+23)[28]
    Last edited by Scylfing; 2012-06-15 at 11:10 PM. Reason: I apparently shouldn't post while out drinking
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    Jarl takes up position near the entrance after getting over the shock of Flavius's disappearance. "Valen's right, we'll handle these things, then be able to freely focus on getting Flavius back."
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Last Sight Vision

    The warrior lets out a short laugh that quickly turns into a curse as he whips his mace around, trying to smash you as you retreat but manage to duck under it at the last moment. It seems as if he's not used to fighting someone your height. He looks over his shoulder and shouts "Circumdabit eum!" at the other warriors. They pause from their killing and start shoving their way through the rapidly thinning crowd, all three of them coming over towards you.

    "Te sunt furta, veneficus. Non diu." The giant says as he steps foward and brings his mace up and then smashes you on your shoulder. The force of the impact knocks you to the ground, laying on your side, staring into the dead faces of those they have already killed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3 - Last Sight Vision
    - Flavius
    - Corbett

    Last Sight Vision Map

    Flavius takes 22 damage and is knocked prone, marked, and slowed until the end of Corbett's next turn.




    Catacombs Chapel

    Valen manages to press himself up into a shallow crevice while Jarl steps forward, the rubble in between him and the chapel. His dwarven sight picks out creeping things as they slowly approach the chamber, scrambling across the floor on all floors. When they get to the edge of the torch light they hiss and pause for a moment and you can see them fully...which is not entirely a blessing. The undead creatures crouch on their legs and flex their claws before launching themselves at Jarl, their bare feet slapping on the stone floor as they run. Two leap over the pile of rubble and rake at Jarl with their claws.

    The dwarf manages to block one with his sword, but the other gets its claws deep into his side. The long claws go deep into his muscle and the pain is intense, rocking him back and trying to maintain his footing. The other ghouls slam up behind them, a pack of slavering beasts trying to feed on fresh dwarf. The stench of the rotting flesh clinging to the ghouls is almost overpowering. Through the pain Jarl can see more of the creatures coming out of the other cave passageway.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 3 - Catacomb Chapel
    - Riley, Jarl, Elise, Valen
    - Ghouls

    Catacomb Chapel Map.

    Jarl takes 6 damage and is immobilized (save ends).

    Ghouls
    Spoiler
    Show


    Common Knowledge
    Ghouls are unfortunately one of the more common types of undead beasts. They have an insatiable appetite for flesh, but their undead body cannot process the meat and it rots within them.

    (Aura 1, -2 attacks while in it).
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-06-18 at 09:50 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecroRebel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Elise

    Elise turns and looks at the approaching corpses and makes a sound of disgust and annoyance. "Fine. The more of them there are, the more to die!" She scrapes the point of her staff in a circle about her, dust swirling, before raising it and thrusting it towards the entrance, where the stones crack and shake around the ghouls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to -A10 (just off the map), Thunder Bomb at F10 (D8-H12; area burst 2).

    Attacks vs. Fortitude. The ghouls don't appear to be labeled at all that I can see, so I guess just go from left to right, top to bottom.
    Attack 1 - (1d20+20)[22]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+20)[26]
    Attack 3 - (1d20+20)[30]
    Attack 4 - (1d20+20)[29]
    Attack 5 - (1d20+20)[36]
    Attack 6 - (1d20+20)[23]
    Damage if hit - (2d8+22)[30] thunder damage, slide 2, and slows until the end of my next turn. If the one in F10 (#3, which will be slid to H10) is hit, it's immobilized instead of slowed.

    Edit: I can't seem to actually edit the map at all. Can someone who can move the ones who were hit, probably 3, 4, and 5, two tiles to the right for me? On second thought, I don't actually want to slide them. Let them stay clumped for other AoEers.

    Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Health: 102/102
    Surges Remaining: 7/8
    AC: 28
    Fort: 23
    Ref: 26
    Will: 32

    Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

    Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings


    Item Powers:
    Feyweave Robe of Bloodwalking +4
    Quickbeam Staff of the War Mage +3
    Torc of Power Presevation +3
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll
    Last edited by NecroRebel; 2012-06-19 at 12:19 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Riley

    A faint chanting can be heard from Riley when the Ghouls swarm. With a fluid motion, the halfling moves behind Valen and Jarl. An arc of light flashes as he flings his dagger at the closest undead. "Let's end them quick so we can find Flavius"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Skald's Aura
    Move: Move to A11
    Standard: RBA Ghoul(D10)
    Attack:(1d20+22)[32] vs AC (+2 if Riley has CA)
    Damage:(1d4+12)[14] radiant dmg

    Conditional Immediate Action: Second Chance if attacked

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status:
    HP: 110/110
    Surges: 7/8
    AC:35 F:28 R:33 W:32

    Condition:

    Active Auras:
    Skald's Aura

    Encounters:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory


    Dailies:
    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall


    Items:
    Backlash Tattoo
    Strikebacks

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Catacombs Chapel

    The sound of thunder explodes in the catacombs, echoing off the close walls and shaking the floor and ceiling. The ghouls clutch at the ears and try to shut out the sound but the reverberations are too strong and cause each of their chest cavities to explode, one popping right after the other. Jarl is splattered with rotten meat and ghoul blood and what's left of the ghouls litter the rubble pile.

    Spoiler
    Show
    They all died. Riley can take a different standard action as there was no one there to attack. Jarl and Valen are up.

    Catacombs Chapel Map (updated)
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-06-19 at 12:09 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Reverent-One's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Jarl

    Wiping his face somewhat clean, Jarl sets his stance in the hallway, waiting for the other ghouls to come to him.

    Standard: Ready Booming Blade for when two come adjacent to me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for it now-
    Attacks vs AC-
    (1d20+21)[29]
    (1d20+21)[28]
    Damage-
    (1d10+9)[16]
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Valen

    Valen levies a hushed curse upon the two nearest twisted undead forms he can pick out through the fog before readying a spell that will make one of them think twice before approaching further--if such beings are even capable of thought--once it gets within range.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Minor action to curse the two nearest ghouls he can see.
    Readying a standard action to use Dire Radiance on one of those two ghouls as soon as it gets within 10 squares of Valen's position.

    (1d20+18)[38] (CA from being hidden (presumably) negates concealment) for (1d6+15)[16] radiant damage + (2d8)[10] curse damage, and if it moves any closer to me on its turn it takes an additional (1d6+15)[21] radiant damage.
    Last edited by Scylfing; 2012-06-19 at 11:29 PM. Reason: slight correction on the source of CA
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    They all died. Riley can take a different standard action as there was no one there to attack. Jarl and Valen are up.
    After the ghouls at the tunnel entrance explode, Riley stands ready to attack the next ghoul that comes in range.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Skald's Aura
    Move: Move to A11
    Standard: Readied Action RBA 1st ghoul to come within 5 squares
    Attack:(1d20+20)[33] vs AC (+2 if Riley has CA, -2 radiant attack figured in)
    Damage:(1d4+9)[11] radiant dmg
    Conditional Immediate Action: Second Chance if attacked

    Spoiler
    Show
    Status:
    HP: 110/110
    Surges: 7/8
    AC:35 F:28 R:33 W:32

    Condition:

    Active Auras:
    Skald's Aura

    Encounters:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory


    Dailies:
    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall


    Items:
    Backlash Tattoo
    Strikebacks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •