New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Guildmage [IC]

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Guildmage [IC]

Flavius
    Wonderful! Valen is unconscious and that... thing... is getting larger! harrumphs Flavius. The gnome stands up and brushes the dirt off his sleeves. You know, I had a thought when we first arrived at this cemetery. I'm sure you are all at least familiar with the novice ritual known as "Gentle Repose", even if, like me, you have not mastered it. I was thinking... though the spell may be used to embalm dead and preserve corpses for later resurrection, it does prevent the targeted body from being raised as undead. If we could weaponize that dweomer, we could use it to prevent scenarios like this... something to look into when next we have the time, I suppose, he muses aloud as he prepares his illusions.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Jarl

His efforts useless, Jarl stops wasting his energy on the body parts. "Ah, yes. We used it at times to protect bodies in the war. It's time consuming though, and there were so many dead..."
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Riley

"I'm no ritual scholar but that tainted mist seems unique. I've only seen it heal undead, not re-assemble & re-animate them. Maybe righting the wrongs that created it will have an effect?" The halfing pauses for a second as he slings the foul gunk from his blade.

"Flavius, you say the brute from your vision had something to do with sacking this place? Maybe some ritual on his corpse will set this foul mist to rest."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    I am reluctant to unleash any more ritual magic in this gods-forsaken mausoleum; you of course could not fail to notice what it did with my previous dweomer. Plus, I don't think we have that much time; it can't be long before that... thing... is fully assembled.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Catacombs Chapel

The ghouls bodies stop their movement and the mist darkens to pitch black. Whatever intelligence is directing the act of creation within then mist has apparently decided that it has enough dismembered undead parts. The sounds coming from within have changed in quality as well. In place of the slurping and slushing, you can hear bones snapping and being broken. Again. And again.

Valen

The stars around the block holes spin faster as the malevolent presence of the sinkhole draws them in, devouring their energy and weakening its prison. Your mental defenses are holding though and the construct responds to your will.

The swirling mass of red stars - the sacrifical victims and the sacrificers - spin up and switch through the spectrum back towards blue, looking into the past. The blue stars spread out until they fill a quarter of the sky and then change color into yellow, forming columns that march across the dark. The columns widen and spread out, reaching out around and above you as if trying to cover the whole sky. A very few of the yellow stars gradually shift towards white and their brightness exceeds that of whole columns of yellows. The white stars leave the yellow columns - now covering almost the entire sky - and drift back towards the center - yourself. They float in front of you and slowly grow brighter and brigther while the yellow stars continue their expansion.

Some of the yellow stars float back towards the center and orbit around the whites, their color slowly shifting darker while the whites grow brighter. These orbiting stars, now purple, fly back towards the yellow clusters and move wildely through their midst. Some yellow stars explode while others are drained of their color entirely. Across all the clusters of yellow stars you can see pockest of swirling red mists beginning to develop beneath them, much the same as before, except now you see the bigger picture. The purple stars that descend into the mist aren't staying there. You can see their energy shift to red, travel to another patch of red stars, then shift back to purple.

Spoiler
    Show
    Explanation: The sacrifical ritual was done on a grand scale, involving dozens of ritual sites and and hundreds of victims. The effect appears to be some kind of transporation, travel from one site to another. The purple shift in the stars seems to represent a change in the nature of the beings; a shift into something that isn't fully one thing or the other.

Lil' Baby Undead needs just a little bit more time cookin before he's ready.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Valen

Satisfied, and fearful of being in the astral if and when those black hole prisons give way, Valen's will retreats back to his body laying unconscious on the chapel floor. He awoke and sat up with a start.

"Death is a doorway!" he yelled, almost frantically since time was surely short. Once he got his companions' attention, Valen pointed at the mist. "Dozens, maybe hundreds of deaths--no, sacrificial murders--right on this spot created that necromantic fog, the doorway to other areas, other mists just like this one for that... thing to come through. There has to be a mass grave here, or something left over that the souls trapped in that fog are clinging to. We have to find it and cleanse it, or consecrate it or something!"
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-07-20 at 09:51 AM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

7. - Top - End - #187

The blackened mist takes on a liquid sheen for a moment and the catacombs suddenly get warmer as the mist expels its heat and snaps into a solid sphere of darkened ice. You can barely see through the ice shell, though something is moving in there, thrashing about and slamming against the barrier. Long cracks appear and moments later the sphere explodes outward, sending chunks of black ice across the chapel.

What was once imprisoned is now free. The huge thing looks like no natural beast you've ever seen. Its skin is slick and bloated, psuedopods made of ghoul arms wave about like tentacles. It's head is a congolmeration of ghoul faces stretched thin over a misshapen skull and three sets of segmented ghoul eyes line it's forehead. The creature turns its face towards you and lets out a piercing cry in three different pitches that echoes off the catacombs wall and rings through your minds.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to give you guys initiative as you've obviously been waiting for something to come out of the mist.

Round 1
    1st: Flavius, Valen, Jarl, Elise, Riley (in any order)
    2nd: Monster

Combat Map

Knowledge Checks

Dungeoneering DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though not a natural beast, you know that there are creatures that exist in this world that simply shouldn't. No one is sure where these aberrations come from or how they're formed, but thankfully they can be felled with a blade. The bodies of the ghouls seem to have been fused together to form this aberration and you suspect that the overpowering stench of individual ghouls may be increased tenfold by this unnatural combination.

Dungeoneering DC 32
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sailors that fish the shallows east of Stones End sometimes bring back tales of sailors lured to their deaths by the siren song of mermaids. They swear that they saw and heard beautiful fish-women sitting amid the rocks and that their song called to them, urging them to bring their ships closer. The ones that come back alive were wise enough not to listen, though there are some that said they heard no singing and saw no mermaids; just their fellow crewmen suddenly act as if they heard the most beautiful voice in the world.

Whatever the truth is, the reports gathered by the Guild seem to suggest that some creature is actually directly influencing the sailors minds, making them see mermaids that aren't there and hear a song that isn't being sung. Those that are especially weak-willed inevitably drive their ships onto the rocks, breaking their ship and condeming themselves to a watery death.

Religion DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    The strong necromantic aura around this creature alone would be enough to know that it's undead, and the ghoul skin and dead eyes confirm any last suspicions. Like the ghouls before it, you surmise that it's immune to the disease of the rotted flesh the ghouls carried within their burst stomachs and poison would have no affect upon it's dead flesh.

Religion DC 32
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mist that spawned this nightmare appears to have empowered it with strengths beyond that of what would be considered normal undead. It's very flesh and bone is necrotic tissue and instead of blood oozing from cracks in its skin you can see little wisps of black mist escaping, closing the wound in the process and smoothing the skin. It's three sets of segmented eyes make it seem that it might by vulnerable to bright lights, though it's hard to tell exactly what form the weakness would take.

Arcana may be used instead of Dungeoneering, but you'd only learn the DC 18 information, not the Hard check.

"We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Elise

Elise's chants reach a crescendo as the mist freezes, and, mere moments after the shadowy ball breaks, her voice echoes from the walls, another, far deeper in timbre, sounding beneath it. The twin voices speak these words, one in the language of Men and the other in Giants: "Reality's walls are thin and brittle. My power rings within them, and they shall crumble! Shatter, now, and open to the airless sky a diamond door!" As she finishes her incantation, a jagged white circle forms above the central chamber, more lines like cracks in an icy lake crackling inwards towards its heart, and with her final word, the circle seems to burst outward, the shards glittering glasslike through a great ray of sunlight as they embed themselves into the stones and monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action point to Sun's Illumination at I11, using my Quickbeam Staff of the War Mage's power to boost its size to a burst 2.

Attack vs. Reflex - (1d20+20)[28] Includes the -2 from the sinkhole and the +3 from my Action Surge feat using an action point.
    Damage if hit - (3d6+13)[26] radiant damage.
    Effect: Creates a zone from G9-K13 until the end of my next turn. I get +2 insight/perception against creatures in the zone. Enemies in the zone grant combat advantage (to everyone).
    I can move the zone 3 as a move action, and it's sustain minor.

Then, standard action to Primordial Storm at I11, using my Torc of Power Preservation to attempt to not expend it.

Attack vs. Reflex - (1d20+22)[41] Includes the CA from the zone.
    Damage if hit - (2d6+22)[32] lightning/thunder damage, and at the beginning of its next turn it takes 5 fire/cold damage.
    Preservation roll - (1d20+3)[10]; 10+ preserves Primordial Storm, 9- preserves the Torc's power.

Lastly, move action to shift back to A11.

Spoiler
    Show
    Health: 102/102
    Surges Remaining: 7/8
    AC: 28
    Fort: 23
    Ref: 26
    Will: 32

Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings

Item Powers:
    Feyweave Robe of Bloodwalking +4
    Quickbeam Staff of the War Mage +3
    Torc of Power Presevation +3
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Jarl

"Ugh," Jarl says, "And I thought they smelled bad before." Keeping his distance, he attempts to hold the creature at bay by siphoning off it's speed, drawing it into his sword, which glows as the power coalesces.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Aegis of Assault on the creature.
    Standard: Theft of Alacrity on creature
    Attack vs Will: (1d20+21)[31] (Counting CA from the Zone)
    Damage: (2d8+9)[13] physic damage, half on a miss
    On hit: Target is immobilized, save ends. Aftereffect, target is slowed, save ends.
    On miss:target is slowed, save ends
    Effect: Whenever the target makes a saving throw against this effect, I may teleport 5 squares, must end by target
    Move: Would move back to E11 if the google doc would let me.

Jarl Bladeguide, Dwarf Swordmage, Captain of Fortune
    HP 115/121 Bloodied 60 Healing Surge 30 (3 used /11)
    AC 34 Fort 28 Reflex 28 Will 27
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-07-24 at 09:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    With Elise unloading an Ice spell, Flavous sees a chance for his signature spell to shine. He summons his horde of tiny dragons to harry the beast.

Standard Action: Winged Horde

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+22)[41] Vs. Will
    Hit: (1d6+8)[12] cold, fire and psychic damage, and the target gains Vulnerable 5 cold UEMNT, Vulnerable 5 cold to my next arcane power, cannot shift or make AoOs and grants me CA all UEMNT.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Valen

Valen's eyes go wide with horror at the foul creature's emergence. "No... No!" he whispers at first, then yells as he clambers over the rocks to get into better view of the monstrosity.

Rather than his radiant blade he points his shadow-wrought shortsword at the beast and curses, "I will send you back to your black hole prison!"

Fell psychic energies shoot forth from the warlock's dark blade, seeking to warp the abomination's mind with images of the Far Realm.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to go to E10, I would change that on the map but it won't let me cut and paste. By moving 3+ squares I gain CA vs. cursed targets UEMNT.
    Minor action to curse the monster.

Standard action to use Far Realm Glimpse, using my Shadow-Wrought Weapon:
    (1d20+25)[36] vs. Fort (the power gets a +2 bonus, +2 from the sinkhole for using a fear power, +2 from CA, +1 using a +4 instead of +3 weapon)
    On hit, (3d8+12)[18] psychic damage +3 radiant damage + (2d8)[12] curse damage and the target is dazed (save ends). If it does not use its action to move as far away from me as it can on its next turn, it takes an additional (2d8+12)[25] psychic damage +3 radiant damage and is dazed (save ends).

Action Point! Free action to use Far Realm Phantasm, using my Shadow-Wrought Weapon:
    (1d20+21)[27] vs. Will (it gains the radiant keyword due to the action point, so sinkhole fear bonus and radiant penalty offset)
    On hit, (1d6+12)[17] psychic damage +3 radiant damage +5 ongoing radiant damage (save ends) plus a -2 penalty to Will UEMNT, and the target must spend its next action attacking the empty air.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Riley

The halfling's eyes widen at the sight of the now animated pile of corpses. "I've never seen anything like that before. Watch each others backs we've no idea what it can do." He begins chanting and with a wave of his hand a bolstering wave washes over the party. Then, with a flick of his wrist, Riley flings his a glowing dagger across the room at the unholy amalgam.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Song of Serendipity
    Minor: Mantle of Unity (every shares the highest defense)
    Standard: RBA on hit: +2 to Jarl's next attack
    Attack: (1d20+22)[29] ref (CA & -2 from sinkhole cancel out)
    Damage: (1d4+12)[14] radiant + (3d6)[4] sneak attack (if it hits)
    Conditional Immediate Action: Second Chance if attacked

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 110/110
    Surges: 7/8
    AC:35 F:28 R:33 W:32

Condition: none

Active Auras:
    Skald's Aura
    Song of Serendipity

Encounters:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory

Dailies:
    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall

Items:
    Backlash Tattoo Strikebacks
    Last edited by PChubby; 2012-07-29 at 11:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

The aberration oozes closer, shrinking parts of its body to squeeze between the pillars. It doesn't react to the assaults upon it though you can see its ghoul formed body has started to break down.

It whips its tentacles over its head and releases globs of foul slime that fly towards you. The stench of the slime causes your sight to waver for a moment and strains of discordant music is heard briefly, but most of you manage to steel yourself and shake it off. Riley hops back and presses against the wall, narrowly avoiding a direct hit but Flavius is not so lucky. The slime slams against the gnome and immediately begins crawling up his body, trying to get into his head through his ears and nose. Though disorientated by the slime he scraps off part of it, preventing it from entering his head.

As the aberration moved forward it released tiny spores that float in the air around it. The fungus quickly attaches itself to those nearby; it begins eating away at their skin, making quick movement difficult.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flavius takes 22 psychic damage and is dazed (save ends). Riley used Second Chance.

Flavius, Riley, Jarl and Valen take 5 necrotic damage at the start of their turn.

Round 2.

Combat Map

There are now two auras around the aberration, though I've combined them into one for RP purposes. Mucus Haze is range 5 and makes the area difficult terrain. Necromantic Aura is range 5 and any living creature that enters or starts its turn there takes 5 necrotic damage.

Technically the auras were there last round, but I forgot about them. Seeing as how it hadn't acted yet I figured I'd just wait until he had.

The aberration saves against some effects at the start of its turn and other effects are automatically reduced. For example, you have seen that what would daze a normal creature instead merely slows this monstrosity.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-08-01 at 10:42 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Elise

Elise smiles grimly as she dances back, further away from the dark spores and out of the abomination's reach. "I've not used this is a long time... The one spell my mother taught me..." The darkness seems to solidify around the beast again, freezing into jagged spines that spear its flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor to sustain Sun's Illumination. Standard to Shadow Claws the monster.

Attack vs. Fort - (1d20+21)[22]
    Damage if hit - (1d10+13)[23] cold (doesn't count its cold vulnerability, so +5)
    Effect: If it moves during its next turn, it takes 7 cold damage.

Move to -B9 (NW 2 tiles from current position).

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings

Item Powers:
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Valen

Valen blinks backward a few paces deeper into the passageway, levels his shadow-wrought weapon again at the monstrosity and calls down a beam of unnatural light to burn it.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to use Ethereal Sidestep to teleport to B-11.
    Standard action to use Dire Radiance on the monster.

(1d20+21)[24] vs. Will (fear and radiant offset, using a +4 weapon and +2 from CA)
    (1d6+15)[21] radiant damage + (2d8)[11] curse damage, and if the target moves closer to me on its turn it takes an additional (1d6+15)[20] radiant damage.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    Must... protect... the others... pants the gnome as the psychic ichor tries to take over his mind. He begins to wave his staff and orb around, and violet magic blankets his whole team, granting them protection against mental assaults.

Sole Action: Mass Resistance Psychic, Flavius and his allies gain Resist 11 Psychic, until the end of the encounter.

Save vs. Dazed: (1d19+1)[6]

Spoiler
    Show
    Flavius Argentum
    Health: 39/84
    Temporary HP: 0
    Surges Remaining: 5/8
    AC: 31
    Fort: 26
    Ref: 30
    Will: 31

Effects:
    +3 damage if attack targets more than one enemy
    +2 damage on cold & thunder powers
    +2 damage on cold powers | -5 enemy cold resist
    +5 vulnerable to cold vs. my next spell @ target after fire hits
    +5 vulnerable cold 1/round after cold attack hits
    +1 to saving throws
    +5 to saving throws vs. illusion
    Resist 10 Cold
    Resist 10 Dragon Breath Weapons
    Reroll 1's on Saves and Skillchecks
    Two-Way Telepathy
    Climb 5, assuming I end the move horizontal

Active status effects:
    Dazed (save ends)
    Resist 11 Psychic
    Mantle of Unity

At-Will Powers:
    Cold Flaming Winged Horde
    Phantom Bolt
    Light
    Mage Hand

Encounter Powers:
    Frostburn
    Genie's Intercession
    Winter's Wrath
    Call the Night Winds
    Solkara's Wave
    Chameleon's Mask
    Spook
    Fade Away
    Gnomish Ghost Sound
    Orb of Deception
    Staff of Defense
    Second Wind

Daily Powers:
    Soul Puppets
    Face of Death
    Glitterdust
    Solkara's Grasp
    Refocus
    Mass Resistance
    Limited Wish
    Eschew Components [Divination]

Item Powers:
    Magic Orb +4
    Defensive Staff +1
    Dragonslayer Dagger +2 [Solkara]
    Feyweave of Cold Resistance +4
    Greater Medallion of the Mind +3
    Fey-Blessed Circlet
    Paragon Gloves of Ice
    Wallwalkers
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-08-05 at 12:51 PM.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Jarl

The monstrosity shakes off his magic quickly. Despite the stench, Jarl moves in close, focusing power within his free hand as he distracts it with his blade. With a crack from the shockwave as the energy release, he strikes at creature, throwing it back to the far wall. Then, taking advantage of it's distraction, Jarl retreats back into the cave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Fist of Force
    Attack vs Fort: (1d20+21)[23]
    Damage: (2d10+14)[27]
    Effect: Push the target 5 squares due south and knock it prone.

Move: to D11

Init +7 HP 115/121 Bloodied 60 Healing Surge 30 (3 used /11)

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Riley

With a glance, the halfling quickly assesses the damage to his comrades. He waves his hand at the gnome. "Take heart Flavius, I'll keep you upright and in the fight. Jarl, if I hit this thing, give it a good tap on the shoulder then get the hell out of there before Elise and Valen fling more fireworks." Riley rares back and lets his dagger fly at the behemoth once again.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Revitalizing Incantation (Flavius can spend a healing surge and get an additional healing surge temp HP)

Standard: Guild Beatdown (Jarl can make a MBA w/ +1d6 dmg)
    Attack: (1d20+22)[26] vs AC (CA & -2 from sinkhole cancel out)
    Damage: (2d4+12)[17] radiant

Free (if it hits): Low Blow: Dazed till EONT

Move: Moment of Escape: Slide Jarl 4 squares to D11 (after his MBA)

Conditional Immediate Action: Urge to Victory on Flavius *IF* he has a RBA otherwise Shifty Direction if someone wants to move after it misses them.

Spoiler
    Show

Active Auras:
    Skald's Aura
    Song of Serendipity

Encounters:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory

Dailies:
    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall

Items:

19. - Top - End - #199

The light called by Valen obliterates Elise's freezing shadows before they can fully form. The shockwave sends the aberration recoiling back but it's mass of attached arms and legs prevent it from being knocked to the ground. It quickly shambles back towards you, blocking the opening with its mass. It's tentacles curl and wave in a strange pattern and the slime climbs back up Flavius, this time too fast for him to beat off. It enters through his ears and begins seeping into the gnomes brain. You all see the gnome start to fight against something but quickly relax and shake his head, as if to clear it.

Flavius

Your vision goes blurry and the floating fungus that surrounds the aberration appear to change shape, taking on the likeness of small dragons. They dart about at the strange humanoids that are attacking the huge silver dragon crouched at the entrance to the passageway and it looks at you with pleading on its face. "Help me! They're trying to kill my young!" The dragon says to you. A few of the tiny drakes nip at you but they seem more confused than hostile.

Spoiler
    Show
    All of the PC's attacks missed. Flavius is dominated (save ends).

Flavius, Riley, Jarl and Valen take 5 necrotic damage at the start of their turn.

Round 3.

You all notice that the aberration's body repaired itself somewhat during it's turn. (Regeneration stopped by radiant damage, standard for undead)

Combat Map.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Elise

"...And that's why I don't use that spell much..." Elise muses with annoyance as her prior spell fails so utterly. With a wave of her hand, the shining portal flashes and the air rumbles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor to sustain Sun's Illumination. Standard to Blazing Starfall at F11 (E10-G12).

Attack vs. Reflex - (1d20+20)[29] CA and Sinkhole both counted.
    Damage if hit - (1d4+22)[26] radiant/thunder damage, and slide it NE2 to H9-K12.

Spoiler
    Show

Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings

Item Powers:
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Riley

The halfling seems unfazed by the deathly aura surrounding the horror. "Looks like this calls for more aggressive tactics." He says with a huff as he hurls his dagger again.

Spoiler
    Show
    no damage: resist 10 necrotic from Feyhide Armor of Resistance

Minor: Anthem of Aggression: at-wills in the Skald's Aura do 6dmg on a miss

Minor: Echoing Weapon: Riley's dagger

Standard: RBA (+2 to Jarl's next attack if it hits: Song of Serendipity)
    Attack: (1d20+22)[27] vs Ref (CA/radiant cancel out)
    Damage:(1d4+12)[15] radiant + (2d6)[9] thunder (hit or miss)

Conditional Immediate Action: Urge to Victory on Flavius *IF* he has a RBA otherwise Shifty Direction if someone wants to move after it misses them.

Spoiler
    Show

Active Auras:
    Skald's Aura
    Song of Serendipity

Encounters:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory

Dailies:
    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall

Items:

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Valen

More aggressive?! You see what it did to Flavius. Hit it with everything you have!" Valen shouts, and once again calls forth a blast of eerie radiance, only this time it seems to have some substance to it that clings to the abomination, whether it pierced its defenses or not. The dark warrior strikes his weapons together and the radiant substance bursts forth as a mass of hideous glow-worms, eating their way through its decayed flesh.

Then, just to be on the safe side, Valen blinks away from Flavius, just in case the slime afflicting the mage happens to be contagious.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard and minor actions: Horrifying Hatching, using the radiant weapon to change its damage type to radiant.

(1d20+18)[29] vs. Fort (CA negates radiant penalty).
    Hit: (1d8+15)[16] radiant damage + (2d8)[11] curse damage.
    Effect: the target takes ongoing 10 radiant damage (save ends). Whenever the target takes this ongoing damage, you can slide it 1 square.
    Dark pact: as a minor action, you can end the ongoing damage to deal (2d10+15)[25] radiant damage to the target, which is exactly what I do.

Move action: teleport to -C 9 (if it's available, it looks like a half-occupied square; if it's not then -B 9), gaining concealment UEMNT.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    Stay away from her! shouts Flavius, conjuring a flight of dragons to terrorize Riley and Jarl.

Sole Action: Winged Horde @ Jarl & Riley

Save vs. Dominated: (1d19+1)[5]

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs. Riley: (1d20+20)[37] vs. Will
    Attack vs. Jarl: (1d20+20)[25] vs. Will

Hit: (1d6+8)[12] damage and they cannot make opportunity actions UEMNT, Jarl (or Riley if I miss Jarl) gains vulnerable 5 cold and if both are hit, both take 3 extra damage.

If War Wizardry still applies while I am dominated, subtract 5 from the attack rolls and halve the total damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flavius Argentum
    Health: 60/84
    Temporary HP: 21
    Surges Remaining: 4/8

Effects:
    +1 to saving throws
    Resist 10 Cold
    Two-Way Telepathy

Active status effects:
    Dominated (save ends)
    Resist 11 Psychic

At-Will Powers:
    Phantom Bolt
    Light
    Mage Hand

Encounter Powers:
    Frostburn
    Genie's Intercession
    Winter's Wrath
    Call the Night Winds
    Solkara's Wave
    Chameleon's Mask
    Spook
    Fade Away
    Gnomish Ghost Sound
    Orb of Deception
    Staff of Defense
    Second Wind

Daily Powers:
    Soul Puppets
    Face of Death
    Glitterdust
    Solkara's Grasp
    Refocus
    Mass Resistance
    Limited Wish

Item Powers:
    Magic Orb +4
    Defensive Staff +1
    Fey-Blessed Circlet
    Paragon Gloves of Ice
    Wallwalkers
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-08-10 at 12:46 PM.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Jarl

Jarl shakes off Falvius' spell. "Just what we need. Someone hold him off, I've got my hands full up here," he calls back to the rest of the group. Magical energy hardens around his blade as he swings into the creature, shards of it remaining in it's bloated skin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Shift to E11
    Standard: Spikes of Agony
    Attack vs AC:(1d20+23)[33]
    Damage: (2d10+9)[5][7](21) Force damage. on hit, if the target moves before the end of my next turn it takes 10 damage

Init +7 HP 115/121 Bloodied 60 Healing Surge 30 (3 used /11)
    AC 34 Fort 28 Reflex 28 Will 27 Speed 5
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-08-13 at 11:25 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Valen's radiance clings to the aberration for a moment before fading away, taking pieces of ghoul flesh with it. Jarls blade sinks into the creatures body and slices off a vestigal hand, but he's surprised by the flash frost from Flavius spell as the gnome bends under the mental weight of the monster.

A mass of tentacles swarm Jarl trying to crush him while one whips past Jarls head and tries to wrap around the halflings body, attempting to squeeze the life from him. Fortunately for the heroes they are able to batter back the tentacles.

In Flavius mind the silver dragon cries out in pain at Jarls sword and brings both her wings around to buffet the dwarf and halfling, but the two easily dodge and laugh cruelly at her ineptitude. "Please do something! They're killing them!" She urges him and you can see a few of her baby dragonlings blasted from the air by Valen's light and drop to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flavius, Riley, and Jarl take 5 necrotic damage at the start of their turn. Jarl took 6 damage from Flavius spell.

Round 4.

Current Effects: Resist Psychic 11 (all party members), Jarl has Vulnerable Cold 5 and Flavius is Dominated (save ends).

Combat Map.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-08-15 at 12:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Elise

Seeing her most recent spell be ineffective as well, Elise ignores the monster outside for the time being, moving to Flavius, turning him around, and slapping him, hard. "Get ahold of yourself! There's no 'her' here, just that horror!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor to sustain Sun's Illumination. Move to A10. Standard to make a first aid check to grant Flavius a saving throw.

Heal - (1d20+7)[24]
    Should I roll the save for him? It'd make it so he doesn't have to double post to get all his crunch in...
    Flavius save if I should - (1d20+1)[10] He's got a +1 listed in his status block, so that's where that comes from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Character Sheet
    Bloodied: 51
    Surge Value: 25
    Resists: 10 Lightning, 10 Thunder

Conditional Bonuses:
    +1 speed while flying
    -5 attack, half damage against allies with arcane powers
    +3 attack on action points
    +2 to saving throws when out of action points
    When dazed/stunned, may make a saving throw to end effect at start of turn
    Ignores resistances up to own resist value

Encounter/Daily Powers:
    Shadow Claws
    Use Vulnerability
    Swirling Stars
    Thunder Bomb
    Wind Burst
    Primordial Storm
    Narrow Escape
    Feather Fall

Sun's Illumination
    Howling Hurricane
    Prismatic Lightning
    Deep Shroud
    Arcane Empowerment
    Zephyr Wings

Item Powers:
    War Ring
    Antipathy Gloves
    Bridle of Conjuration
    Restful Bedroll

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Flavius
    The gnome rubs his cheek. Not exactly textbook first-aid, my dear, but undeniably effective. Thank you, he says sarcastically, shaking his head to clear away any remaining slime. You are quite right; the beast had me convinced it was an endangered dragon, but that is evidently not the case. It is about to regret toying with me. He waves his staff then taps his orb with it. As he removes it, it trails a fine gold powder, which he launches at the monster.

Standard Action: 5D - Glitterdust, @ Monster
    Move Action: To (-A)8

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs. Reflex: (1d20+20)[24]
    Hit: (1d10+10)[18] radiant damage, and it is blinded UEMNT.
    Effect: It gains no benefit from concealment or invisibility, and it cannot hide (save ends all).

Spoiler
    Show
    Flavius Argentum
    Health: 47/84
    Temporary HP: 0
    Surges Remaining: 4/8

Effects:
    +1 to saving throws
    Resist 10 Cold
    Two-Way Telepathy

Active status effects:
    Resist 11 Psychic

At-Will Powers:
    Phantom Bolt
    Light
    Mage Hand

Encounter Powers:
    Frostburn
    Genie's Intercession
    Winter's Wrath
    Call the Night Winds
    Solkara's Wave
    Chameleon's Mask
    Spook
    Fade Away
    Gnomish Ghost Sound
    Orb of Deception
    Staff of Defense
    Second Wind

Daily Powers:
    Soul Puppets
    Face of Death
    Glitterdust
    Solkara's Grasp
    Refocus
    Mass Resistance
    Limited Wish

Item Powers:
    Magic Orb +4
    Defensive Staff +1
    Fey-Blessed Circlet
    Paragon Gloves of Ice
    Wallwalkers
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-08-18 at 11:47 PM.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Riley

"Glad to have you back with us Flavius. If you come join the battle song, you'll feel much better."

Relieved that everyone has their wits about them for the time being, Riley turns his focus back to the monstrosity. He swiftly maneuvers through the rubble and jabs his dagger in a pile of putrid flesh, hoping to hit somthing vital.

Spoiler
    Show
    no aura damage: resist 10 necrotic from Feyhide Armor of Resistance

Move: E10

Standard: MBA (+2 to Jarl's next attack if it hits: Song of Serendipity)
    Attack: (1d20+22)[29] vs Ref (CA/radiant cancel out)
    Damage:(1d4+12)[16] radiant

Conditional Immediate Action: Strikebacks if it attacks

Spoiler
    Show

Riley the Raven, Halfling Bard (Skald), Guildmaster Thief
    Init +14 HP 110/110 Bloodied 55 Healing Surge 27 (1 used /8)
    AC 35 Fort 28 Reflex 33 Will 31 Speed 6
    Str 11 (0) Con 13 (+1) Dex 22 (+6) Int 11 (0) Wis 11 (0) Cha 22 (+6)

Active Auras:
    Skald's Aura
    Song of Serendipity

Encounters:
    Dimensional Step
    Echoing Weapon
    Guild Beatdown
    Low Blow
    Mantle of Unity
    Moment of Escape
    Revitalizing Incantation
    Second Chance
    Shifty Direction
    Words of Friendship
    Urge To Victory

Dailies:
    Anthem of Aggression
    Cautionary Tale
    Disruptive Words
    Scathing Rebuke
    Song of Solidarity
    Song of Sublime Snowfall

Items:
    Backlash Tattoo
    Strikebacks

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Jarl

As the others toss spells around, Jarl continues his slugging match with the tentacles, cutting each one that attempts to reach at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Takes the aura damage.
    Standard: Booming Blade on it
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+23)[27](Add 2 more if Riley hit)
    Damage: (1d10+9)[5](14)
    On hit,if the target is adjacent to me at the start of it's next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes (1d6)[2] + Con thunder damage

Init +7 HP 110/121 Bloodied 60 Healing Surge 30 (3 used /11)
    AC 34 Fort 28 Reflex 28 Will 27 Speed 5

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Valen

"Good, well done, now we just have to keep the pressure on," says a relieved Valen before blinking back into position, striking his blades together and firing another unsettling blast of radiance at the abomination.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action: teleport to -A10.
    Standard action: Dire Radiance at the abomination.

Attack: (1d20+21)[26] vs. Fortitude (fear/radiant offset, +4 weapon, +2 CA).
    Hit: (1d6+15)[18] radiant damage + (2d8)[9] curse damage and if the target moves closer to me on its next turn it takes an additional (1d6+15)[17] radiant damage.

And because I'm dumb and have forgotten to place assassin's shrouds on it, I'll place one shroud on the target this round.

Statblock:
    Spoiler
    Show

Valen Darkstar, Swordmage|Warlock/Assassin/Student of Caiphon:
    HP: 93/111. SU: 5/9. Bloodied: 55. SV: 27.
    AC: 28. Fort: 28. Ref: 30. Will: 29.
    Condition: Concealment (Shadow Walk).