New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Tracking with inteligence?

Well the title says everything.. There's actually anyway i could use an inteligence based skill(search) or change the survival to int, to make track checks?
    I'm looking on doind an rogue/ranger halfling... And investing on wisdom would slow me down a LOT <I would take the variant were ranger loses it spells and gain feats>

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tracking with inteligence?

Not RAW, this is something you should ask your DM for, if you take urban ranger i could understand it, street smarts trumps intuition in the city sort of thing. all the luck to you.
    A thing I made! The Spirited Blade; warrior of the mind come by and tell me what you think.

May glory flow forever more to The Mad Hatter for bringing Haeros; Master of the Transcendant Style to my avatar box!

3. - Top - End - #3

AssassinGuy

Hmmm.. Thx dude ^.^
    Gonna have a talk with my DM about it... Gonna even sugest a feat to do so if he think its too overpowered...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

The Keen Intellect feat from Oriental Adventures does this, among other things.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #5

AssassinGuy

Thx :3
    Keen Intellect got the thing ,3
    I'm looking of stakin this feet with Kung Fu Genius to make an Halfling Rogue/Swordsage/Ranger xD

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SetArk View Post
    Thx :3
    Keen Intellect got the thing ,3
    I'm looking of stakin this feet with Kung Fu Genius to make an Halfling Rogue/Swordsage/Ranger xD
    If you want an Int based monk may I reccommend Carmendine Monk instead of Kung Fu Genius?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

7. - Top - End - #7

AssassinGuy

Hmm nice one but idkn if the dm is going to accept this one.. He is an "no forgotten realms" kind of guy... Allready convinced him of using the Keen Intelligence, but there's no harm on trying x3

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ernir View Post
    The Keen Intellect feat from Oriental Adventures does this, among other things.
    Is that in the Dragon update? My copy of OA has Keen Intellect as a Dragon or Phoenix Ancestor feat that gives a +1 bonus on INT checks and a +1 bonus on Knowledge, Scry, and Search checks. Was it totally rewritten, or are we talking about two different things?
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Is that in the Dragon update? My copy of OA has Keen Intellect as a Dragon or Phoenix Ancestor feat that gives a +1 bonus on INT checks and a +1 bonus on Knowledge, Scry, and Search checks. Was it totally rewritten, or are we talking about two different things?
    That it is. In the update, it's now a Dragon Ancestor feat only.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.