New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Homebrew Shorthand Thesaurus

In order to better help newbies like me to read the homebrew forum comments, there should be a sticky thread that allows refference to easy translations for the shorthand

In order of likelyhood to be seen:
    PEACH: Please Examine And Comment Honestly
    PrC: Prestiege class
    3.5: Revised 3rd edition, the basis for the SRD (Systems Reference Document), found Here
    PF or 3.75: Pathfinder, found Here
    E6: Epic 6, 3.5 Ed varient based around keeping people at heroic fantasy, found Here.
    3.P or 3.PF: Combination of Pathfinder with Splatbooks from 3rd edition.
    Tier X: A standard Measure for how flexible a class is, Tier 1s can do anything, Tier 6 is incapable of suceeding at failing. Reference topic found Here.
    PC and NPC: Player Character and Non-Player Character respectively
    WBL: Wealth By Level
    ACF or ACA: Alternate Class Features/Alternate Class Abilites

Please post anything i have missed so far
    Last edited by toapat; 2012-04-07 at 07:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Homebrew Shorthand Thesaurus

This looks pretty good so far.

3.P: Combination of Pathfinder's basic rules with 3.5's splatbooks.

Nitpick: "refference" -> "reference" in two places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

PrC: Prestige Class
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

There is a thread on this stickied in the roleplaying forum: Common Abbreviations, Acronyms and terms which should have everything you need there: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18512)

A while ago (long while now), I had asked for this to be added to the stickied thread for useful information on this forum as well, but it hasn't been done.

It would be helpful to have a link on this forum as well so you don't have to go back and forth.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-04-07 at 04:20 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    3.5: Revised 3rd edition, also known as the SRD, found Here
    This is incorrect. The SRD (System Reference Document, better include that one) is a document that contains most of the basic rules of 3.5 upon which other d20 games can be built (it doesn't even have leveling up and experience gains, for instance). 3.5 is not the SRD, and to say so without qualifying that statement is to mischaracterize them both.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    This is incorrect. The SRD (System Reference Document, better include that one) is a document that contains most of the basic rules of 3.5 upon which other d20 games can be built (it doesn't even have leveling up and experience gains, for instance). 3.5 is not the SRD, and to say so without qualifying that statement is to mischaracterize them both.
    Rules, are not Guidelines.

Getting a feat first level, then every level divisible by 3, as well as how much XP an encounter gives, or how much XP is required, are all guidelines for rules to be determined by the players and DM

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Rules, are not Guidelines.

Getting a feat first level, then every level divisible by 3, as well as how much XP an encounter gives, or how much XP is required, are all guidelines for rules to be determined by the players and DM
    pg22 of the PHB disagrees. They are rules.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~