New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5] A slight destiny/class quandry.

Greetings!

I'll make this quick and snappy. In a recent game I have joined I'm playing an Illumian who has a certain destiny - before she was born her parents infused her with the Final Utterance. In essence she was born for godhood - she is the only living Illumian who can use the Final Utterance to ascend.

Now I have a slight problem. She's a divine caster, but I can't decide on class. The DM is willing to refluff and do fixes-on-broken-classes (e.g Favoured Soul) if necessary, but I can't decide what class would fit her best.

Any suggestions? She must be a divine caster.
    Illumian Dread Necromancer Lich avatar by Tinymushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] A slight destiny/class quandry.

Any particular Alignment or Portfolio ?
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

3. - Top - End - #3

Ooop. She's probably True Neutral or Lawful Neutral. As for portfolio, I can give you a bit of background - she was a foundling, taken in by a Half-Elf farmer and his human wife to a small farming community.
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Off the top of my head, the only core divine full casting classes I can think of are cleric, druid, favoured soul, spirit shaman and shugenja.

Your character doesn't seem at all nature based, so you can cross off spirit shaman and druid.
    You character doesn't seem to relate to the elements much, either, so you can cross off shugenja.

That leaves cleric and favoured soul.

Do you want your character to be good with spells and melee, or just with magic?
    If the latter, you'd make a good cloistered cleric.

Do you want your character to have chosen a deity, or to have been chosen by one?
    If the latter, pick favoured soul. Otherwise pick cleric.

Do you want your character to be particularly good at fighting against undead? If so, be a cleric.

Out of curiosity, how exactly do you find favoured soul broken? It's weaker than the cleric. Or do you mean broken as in weak?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The three that seem to fit the best are (cloistered) Cleric, Favoured Soul and Archivist.

(Cloistered) Cleric works for just general knowledge (Illumian fluff).

Favoured Soul works because it's supposed to represent the mortal agent of a divine power - honestly, fluff-wise, these probably fit the best.

Archivists (Heroes of Horror) are like Wizard-Clerics. They can learn all divine spells, but they need a spellbook (among other things). They're pretty rad, and fit in with the knowledge theme.

6. - Top - End - #6

Favoured Soul due to the WIS-for-spells known, CHA for the bonus spells.

I'll ask if that can be fixed to make it SAD. However - this is goign to make her a Favoured Soul of HERSELF. Hehheheh.

I'll ask refluffing a little bit of Cleric too.

Blood~

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    Favoured Soul due to the WIS-for-spells known, CHA for the bonus spells.

I'll ask if that can be fixed to make it SAD. However - this is going to make her a Favoured Soul of HERSELF. Hehheheh.

I'll ask refluffing a little bit of Cleric too.
    Refluff it as slowly accessing a wellspring of power within herself (I'd talk to your DM about the favoured weapon, however).

And at 20th level, in addition to becoming an outsider, you gain divine rank 0 (if she dies, I mean).