Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo 2 - The hack and slash game. [OoC3]

Huh. I don't think I have any nonmagical items, then.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Huh. I don't think I have any nonmagical items, then.
    I'm sure Gheed has a fantastic array of 1-GP nickel jewelry for you if you want.
    Halfling healer avatar by Akrim.elf.

My sarcasm is never blue.

Personal stuff: PbP characters, The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    CharOp: Lists of Necessary Magic Items
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    New item!

Tatsuhiro's Viper Crest
    Body Slot: Head
    Caster Level: 20th
    Aura: Strong; (DC 25) transmutation
    Activation: -
    Weight: 1 lb.

The emerald eyes of the dragon set into this circlet somehow seem alive and alert.

The circlet's draconic senses supplement your own, granting you blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet and a +2 bonus on Search and Spot checks. You also become more sly and cunning, gaining a +2 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, and a +3 competence bonus on all charisma-based checks.

Huzzah!

Unfortunately, Tatsuhiro already has blindsense 20 from Draconic Senses. Can they either stack in radius, or stack up to Blindsight?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ernir View Post
    I'm sure Gheed has a fantastic array of 1-GP nickel jewelry for you if you want.
    Does it matter what kind of item we give?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Oh. Right. He has Blindsense. I've totally remembered that in every encounter so far.

I am hereby nerfing the item down from granting Blindsense down to increasing the radius of the wearer's existing Blindsense.

Does it matter what kind of item we give?
    The slot matters, yes.

Personal stuff: PbP characters, The Diablo 2 game (DMing), BBCode syntax highlighter for KDE
    Homebrew: My proudest achievement, a translation of vancian spellcasting to psionic mechanics. Other brew can be found in my Homebrewer's Extended Signature.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi guys. I'm back (again). Since there are no earthquake-level upsets detected in my life's future, I'm gonna give this another shot with Ernir's blessing.

Ernir, would you have any problems with a Bard/Maven of the Strings? I operate under the impression that no-cost abilities with a cooldown can only be used in an encounter, if that affects your judgment in any way.

Edit: I've been considering adding 3/5 Bard casting to the Maven, with losses at 1st and 5th. I'll wait to see what you think before updating the class, however.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-10 at 12:09 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Derjuin.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lightbringer Adison, Swordmage priestess of Pelor, by the very talented Darwin.

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!

7. - Top - End - #337

Oh. Right. He has Blindsense. I've totally remembered that in every encounter so far.

I am hereby nerfing the item down from granting Blindsense down to increasing the radius of the wearer's existing Blindsense.
    I blame mythweavers, it simply doesn't have a good place to list these things. And, spiffy! ^^ I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with Blindsense given I already see invisible things and have two separate sources of Darkvision. Can those stack too? Pretty please?
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2012-06-09 at 10:09 PM.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Can you give us a rundown of what the slots amount to, then?
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stealing from the party bank. Also, typing is hard when you feel like Mt. Rushmore
    Many thanks to Ceika for the sweet avatar.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    Hi guys. I'm back (again). Since there are no earthquake-level upsets detected in my life's future, I'm gonna give this another shot with Ernir's blessing.

Ernir, would you have any problems with a Bard/Maven of the Strings? I operate under the impression that no-cost abilities with a cooldown can only be used in an encounter, if that affects your judgment in any way.
    My only "problem" is that PPR is switching out the healer for a Bard-type.

He's going in a very different direction, but if you both have your eyes on a Bard base, you probably want to collaborate to minimize the overlap...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I blame mythweavers, it simply doesn't have a good place to list these things. And, spiffy! ^^ I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with Blindsense given I already see invisible things and have two separate sources of Darkvision. Can those stack too? Pretty please?
    Pff, I'll modify the supposed-to-be-moderately-synergistic item, not your build choices.
    Can you give us a rundown of what the slots amount to, then?
    Mostly this.
    Also, I steal properties from printed items in the same/similar slot.

I was going to make up some real Gygaxian-sized tables to come up with appropriate stuff, but ended up deciding that picking out a lot of semi-random decent-looking stuff and rolling when I can't decide which ones to throw on was a less painful way.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

He's going in a very different direction, but if you both have your eyes on a Bard base, you probably want to collaborate to minimize the overlap...
    I noticed that shortly after I posted, actually. By then I had already put so much mental effort into the Bard I said "screw it, I'll make this work" and decided to make a second fear-stacking Bard (secondarily, anyhow. Primarily a buff-bot.). Panic for everyone! It isn't overlap if they work together, right?

Did you see my Edit re: the Maven, Ernir?

Edit: Here's a preview. Can I get my hat enchanted before I finish spending my wealth, or do I have to take a shot in the dark?

Edit the second: I operate under the impression that Words of Creation affects only the base values of the songs, by the way.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-10 at 12:29 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Are rings an option?

Biggest problem for me is that I don't really get a huge benefits from items, I guess. I mean, besides my Circlet of Intellect, all the other items are simply things I thought might end up being useful, not anything I really need.
    Satomi by Elagune

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Uh, Rausdower? It looks like some Gremlin ate half of Sern's sheet.

I noticed that shortly after I posted, actually. By then I had already put so much mental effort into the Bard I said "screw it, I'll make this work" and decided to make a second fear-stacking Bard (secondarily, anyhow. Primarily a buff-bot.). Panic for everyone! It isn't overlap if they work together, right?
    Ask PPR, not me!

Did you see my Edit re: the Maven, Ernir?
    Just now.
    But sounds good.

I wouldn't have built one of these myself without any casting.

Edit: Here's a preview. Can I get my hat enchanted before I finish spending my wealth, or do I have to take a shot in the dark?
    Sudden Stunning can have its duration nerfed down to 1 round.
    It's the biggest gimme-enhancement ever. Even if you don't have any Charisma to support it.

What is a Mask of the Matriarch?

Everyone else is taking a shot in the dark, think it's only fair you do it too.
    Edit the second: I operate under the impression that Words of Creation affects only the base values of the songs, by the way.
    :thumbsup.jpg:

Are rings an option?

Biggest problem for me is that I don't really get a huge benefits from items, I guess. I mean, besides my Circlet of Intellect, all the other items are simply things I thought might end up being useful, not anything I really need.
    Yes, rings are an option.

And yes, that's the problem with playing with a subsystem with limited item support. =/

For what it's worth, I didn't intend for any of these items to become the cornerstone of a build.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Sudden Stunning can have its duration nerfed down to 1 round.
    It's the biggest gimme-enhancement ever. Even if you don't have any Charisma to support it.
    A very deserved nerf, even if I have all the melee competence of a 9-year old child.

What is a Mask of the Matriarch?
    Drow of the Underdark, page 100ish. Panicking gaze attack, Will DC 20 negates.

Everyone else is taking a shot in the dark, think it's only fair you do it too.
    Fair enough. Is it fair to leave 4.5k unspent to purchase things in the camp, then? Done!

This hat has two very fine feathers on it, and I want them back in one piece once she's done pounding it with the Malus.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-10 at 02:01 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

For what it's worth, I didn't intend for any of these items to become the cornerstone of a build.
    Not being a conerstone is okay, but it is nice to get something useful. And I'm not really sure what the item could be that would be useful to me, at least at the moment.
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #346
    Bugbear in the Playground

OMG hi Jarian! Welcome back.

Actually..

I started selecting spells and immediately had the "BLAAARGH $^&%^&*&^! I'm selecting spells for a caster again..." nauseating reaction.

Sooo... I've gone in a different direction, and ended up with a Fighter Incarnate 11. It's mostly done except items.

I still have some fear-based ability (Path of the Lion's Heart + Imperious Command) but I think there's plenty of room for debuffing enemies, especially considering our group is losing the healer and will need some good ways to limit the incoming damage if we want to have everyone live through the fight.

I went with a broad spectrum of abilities so I'm not locked into the "I attack again" syndrome. We'll see how much it helps, and if I'm at too low of a level of optimization. Crossing my fingers...

Ask PPR, not me!
    I'm all good. Turns out I didn't really want to play a bard any way. And really, once I started realizing that I could make a pretty solid facsimile of a D2 barbarian with the Fighter Incarnate chassis, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion for this game :D
    The Good Reverend
    Just call me PPR, no need to type the whole thing.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that clears things up, doesn't it?

In that case, I'm ready to rightclick-lute as soon as Ernir approves the finished build.

(Get it? Lute? Loot? Haha... ha... ha. )

Edit: After looking at the other character sheets, I've decided that Edmond's theme song will be 20,000 XP Under the Sea.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-10 at 02:16 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!

18. - Top - End - #348

Oh, before I forget:

Welcome (back) to the campaign, Jarian!!!

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Soon, she will be doing all the damage. Yes, even though she's a bard.
    Satomi by Elagune

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Uh, Rausdower? It looks like some Gremlin ate half of Sern's sheet.
    I know, and I've been working on a Mythweaver's sheet ever since. Filling in the tables for weight, abilities, and costs gave me a case of mega-boredom. But here it is finally finished.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=390272

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Who feels like he got the shortest stick of the imbue quest so far?

Quote Originally Posted by PPR
    Actually..
    Oh, FFS. Is that the third or the fourth replacement concept, PPR?

The only thing about the build that has caught my eye is that you don't have the initiator level to know Pouncing Charge and Dancing Mongoose.
    Also, you already have Pounce.

Nothing objectionable caught so far. Consider it approved.

Time to see how scary Imperious Command is on this side of the DM screen.
    Drow of the Underdark, page 100ish. Panicking gaze attack, Will DC 20 negates.
    Okay.
    This hat has two very fine feathers on it, and I want them back in one piece once she's done pounding it with the Malus.
    One hat coming up Soon tomorrow!
    Edit: After looking at the other character sheets, I've decided that Edmond's theme song will be 20,000 XP Under the Sea.
    Not row-row-row your boat, blazing down the XP stream?

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Bout what I feared.

how long do the activated effects last?
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Not row-row-row your boat, blazing down the XP stream?
    It never quite works out that way, I've found.

Huh. Bout what I feared.

how long do the activated effects last?
    Assuming the caster level on the item is correct, 20 minutes for the Silence (or until dismissed) and 1 round for Gust of Wind.

Could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Jarian; 2012-06-11 at 09:24 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!

24. - Top - End - #354

Oh, FFS. Is that the third or the fourth replacement concept, PPR?
    I know, I know, I know.... On the other hand, I played Mariah for a looooooooong time.

The only thing about the build that has caught my eye is that you don't have the initiator level to know Pouncing Charge and Dancing Mongoose.
    Also, you already have Pounce.
    Ok, I re-ordered my feats to take Mage Slayer at 9 and Martial Study at 11, at which point I have the initiator level for Pouncing Charge and Dancing Mongoose.Edit: bah see my response a bunch of posts later.

I do sorta have Pounce, but I don't plan on having the Hand focus active very often.. hence, I don't really have it. And I wanted Sudden Leap, and it seemed a shame not to use my low-level maneuvers to qualify for better ones, and Pouncing Charge and Dancing Mongoose seem like the best of the Tiger Claw moves that I qualify for. So... *shrug*.

Ok, my new char pretty much complete. I still need to go through and tally up some things (attack bonus w/Determination, etc.), but all my skills, feats, class features, and items are done.
    Last edited by peterpaulrubens; 2012-06-12 at 02:32 PM.
    The Good Reverend

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

Time to see how scary Imperious Command is on this side of the DM screen.
    Funny story, I got a DM of mine so annoyed by a fear-based Dragonfire Adept of mine that he focused me nearly every encounter with grapple based enemies (Str 8 means no-grappley for me). After grappling demons, grappling bandits and grappling apes, character met his demise being grappled then eaten by a giant snake. Good times.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what are the plans to deal with the sudden lack of Mariah's huge amounts of healing? Edmond can UMD everything up to 6th level scrolls with 100% reliability (so, heal and everything below), but I could only afford a single scroll of heal for emergencies. Thoughts?
    Homebrewer's Signature
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!

27. - Top - End - #357

Strategically? I think a TP scroll to town to heal up is going to be easily the most efficient healing for the money.

Tactically? We'll have to work together to limit incoming damage.

And really, I sat on my hands for the first few rounds of most fights, because Mariah had no one to heal and had no offense. Having an extra attacker in the first few rounds should hopefully change the complexion of many fights.

@Ernir: unless I specify otherwise, let's assume that I have the Feet, Arms, and Voice focuses active at the beginning of each fight, and that I have 3 Determination in the Path of the Mage Killer, Path of the Weapon Master, and the Path of the Peerless Athlete, and 1 in the Path of the Outnumbered.
    The Good Reverend

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

I guess we will see how these next few fights go.

Keep in mind, I'm planning on changing characters sometime soon, so we might get a good healer again.
    Satomi by Elagune

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

So am I correct in assuming that no one had issues with me nabbing that ring?

Edit - Also, while I'm here would it be difficult to get shield spikes added to my shield?
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2012-06-12 at 10:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess we will see how these next few fights go.

Keep in mind, I'm planning on changing characters sometime soon, so we might get a good healer again.
    Fair enough. I'll try to stop worrying about my 78 HP then.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunny!Adison by Alarra!