1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: [IC] TW:epic fantasy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Nijon Empire (???)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have come to an agreement of peace with the rebels. The Islands are yours, but I would ask you to wait a bit (until EoT) to send forces there to claim them as the rebels are currently packing their valuables. We have given them a few isles that are part of the Reforged Kingdom, far from any oppurtunity to ever disturb you again.

The Coalition (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Reforged Kingdom would not take part in such an organization. If there are disputes they can be worked out among the parties involved, perhaps with a mediator, but they shouldn't just be aired in front of everyone.

The Conclave (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, if we can't do anything but temporarily slow it, I don't really see a reason to sacrifice my soldiers that way. Our mages may be of assistance, however, although they aren't that strong. Perhaps some form of banishment spell, to send the beast to another plane?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire
    Morale: +++++ +++

To: The Jack Collective [+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, then. The reserves of magic have been earmarked for use as you direct. The information lies within this sealed packet, which will be opened upon receipt of your information.

[PM, to be opened upon sending the information on the Harmonium]
    Spoiler
    Show

When our peace delegation reaches the Harmonium, it will be accompanied by a group of mages. They will work to establish a teleportation circle, to be linked to a circle which we are establishing here. Once completed, these circles will allow for instantaneous transportation between the continents.

3. - Top - End - #273

Jack Collective

To the Risen Empire (+++++ +++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your business.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Copy and pasted straight from Oblivion's post in my quicktopic, but two EoTs ago (operation was conducted at mid-turn on 6-13):
    well. you get mixed signals from the harmonioums

their eastern and central provinces appear to have been hit the hardest and are suffering wide spread food revolts since the loss of all their manpower meant they cant really maintain their crops and animals

their northern provinces are in okay condition. things seem to be returning to normal there

the entire western part of the empire seems to have pretty much split off into its own nation

the southern provinces appear to be the best off. they are full of the rich and well off. the empires armies and naval fleets are also concentrated there. it appears even the emperor survived the disaster

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

start of turn

Dhevan reconstruction: troops and civilian assets from both the risen empire, the venetian isles as well as several other nations were out in force working to rebuild the isle as well as cure the people of insanity, making great progress. then later than expected due to them getting caught up in a freak storm a massive army from the jacks collective arrived to further aid in rebuilding

merging of the vale: in an unexpected move, the vale organized a merge with the jacks collective for mutual defence and economic stability.

bandit problems: all across the continent bandit gangs and highwaymen activity has been on the rise the past few months, rumoured to be sponsered by the reforged empire due to the markings on some of their equipment

the beast: the massive beast in the north is still sleeping but is stirring more often. magus conclave estimates time is running short and it will awaken soon. they have assembled a meeting with several nations and are working to come to a conclusion on what to do about the beast[i will post the continuation of the meeting tomorrow]

OOC: i may have missed something so please let me know if you believe something should be here

5. - Top - End - #275

Jack Collective
    Morale: +++++ +++++

To the Coalition (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Collective have troubling news. We sent a team to investigate the Harmonium Empire to see if they would be willing to initiate civil relations and instead we discovered that they've had a hand in our problems this past season. We've sent you each a copy of our reports. To pile on more bad news, we also found the King of Dhevan dead in a safe house... The rebels, or whoever their backers are, found him before we could get him to safety.

Spoiler
    Show
    oh yes...the harmonioums still hold a serious grudge against the continent and they have orchestrated many plans to undermine the nations of the continent with increased bandit raids and the like. you even learn general agrean was in the empires payroll

many of the empires provinces have succesfully rebelled from the empire and the imperial troops dont seem worried at all, as if they know something you dont...you also detect a large amount of foreign gold floating around over there

---------------

your agents succesfully find the king of dhevan. he is transported to the collective...in a body bag. it appears he was murdered by the rebels before you got to him. he was found in a in a safehouse in the reforged empire
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-07-10 at 11:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Coalition
    Spoiler
    Show
    We believe that we are being framed by the Harmonium Empire, to try to strike us while our matters were diverted elsewhere. Why would we give armaments to bandits? What possible benefit could there be? We don't know why the King was in a safe-house in the Reforged Kingdom, but I assume The Harmonium Empire (working through General Agrean) stashed him there to try to incite anger against us.
    We have also been gathering information about the Harmonium Empire. That 'Foreign Gold'? It was ours, to aid the rebellions against their cruel government. We don't think a direct attack right now would be massively viable, with the beast stirring in the north, but we did want to do something to free the other provinces from their oppressive rule.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

the conclave meeting[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    after the king of the reforged kingdom suggests a banishing spell, the archmage of the conclave appeared to be mentally conversing with someone else then he said "a banishing spell might work due to its otherworldly origins but it would take time to complete such a ritual because of the beasts massive size and unknown properties

8. - Top - End - #278

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

Conclave (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it doesn't look like anything else would work. The beast will suffer not even a scratch from the armies we could throw at it; and I doubt magical enchantments would work either. If we can banish it, I propose all use their magic starting ((at mid-turn)) to hopefully banish it at ((End of Turn)).

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Conclave meeting(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You ever think of talking to it? Maybe it's a bit more intelligent then you think it is.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

10. - Top - End - #280

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Reforged Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show

We didn't really believe that you would be dumb enough to give bandits equipment that is so blatantly yours. It was obviously a set up. And as to the safe house, well it could have happened to anyone. With our abysmal espionage network they could probably have had a safe house hidden on the isles without us knowing, so no this will not harm relations.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

11. - Top - End - #281

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

The Conclave (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I didn't think we could talk to it without awakening it. And I'm not sure we want to take the risk of awakening it without being absolutely ready to get rid of it when it awakens. Maybe see if we can awaken it with the ritual almost complete, with the ability to banish it if things go even a bit sour.

To the Venetian Isles (+++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Morale still +++?))
    Thank you

12. - Top - End - #282

Jack Collective

To the Coalition (+++?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did not intend to imply the Reforged Kingdom was responsible for the King's death, simply to provide the reports without any possible misinterpretation by the presenter. The Collective would like to eliminate the threat of the Harmonium once and for all. However all of us have just seen a rather devastating war. We may simply not have the forces necessary, especially because of whatever the Harmonium have up their sleeve. We'll talk to the other powers on the continent and see if we can rally the forces.

OOC: Also, which NPCs are in this group?If it's everyone who aided in the invasion plans it would be Rozarian, the Theocracy, Zexans, and I think the Queendom? Eh. I'll just give the same speech to my alliance. That should cover everyone but the Conclave and they're busy.

To the Trade Federation (+++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a grave situation looming off our shores. The Harmonium are the ones behind the Dhevan revolt and we suspect they also are behind these recent bandit raids. Due to this, and the grudge they bear toward us for seizing their colonies on our continent, the Collective hopes to be able to end their menace for good. But because we have all gone through a brutal war in freeing the Isle, we are not sure that we can rally the forces necessary to succeed. So the Collective is contacting all the powers of our continent (aside from the Conclave because of their involvement with the beast) to see if a united force can win.

To the Deep Trolls (+++++?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ironborn, we have grave news. The Harmonium Empire is the one behind the Isle of Dhevan's "revolution" and we suspect the bandit raids as well. Unfortunately, the Reforged Kingdom is recovering from the liberation of the Nijon Empire, where the Harmonium sponsored a similar revolt. If possible, the Collective would like to eliminate the threat of the Empire once and for all. We're just not sure we can rally the forces necessary to do so. Especially because the Harmonium seem to have a scheme brewing. They've lost nearly all their provinces to rebellions themselves but they remain unworried. We don't know why but we aim to find out. Would you be willing to serve beside us again, to rid the world of the Harmonium's malevolence once and for all?

To the Hellraisers (++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much would you charge if we were to hire you in an invasion of the Harmonium Empire? We suspect they are behind these bandit attacks and know they were behind the Dhevan "revolution".

To the Risen Empire (+++++ +++?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much would it cost to hire your mages for a turn to conduct research?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-07-13 at 05:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Jack Collective (+++++ +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We saw your wave of messages about the Harmonium Empire, and would like to cooperate on that front. Our mil has been rebuilt and has recovered from the battle and with the crimes of the Harmonium Empire we definitely think they should be taken out. However, if we were to cooperate, we ask that it only be us and the Trade Federation. With the recent debacle of Dhevan I'd prefer to work with as few people as possible, to minimize the chances of mistakes.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Jack Collective
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would, but we have no naval forces, and the Roads under the sea bed have been lost for a long time. We are preparing something however.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mid-turn update

to reforged kingdom/jacks collective only
    Spoiler
    Show
    you both detect eachothers agents in the harmonioum empire so i figured i would tell you both your findings

with the aid of the reforged kingdoms wealth, several provinces have managed to overthrow their harmonioum overlords. finally sparking an organized response from the empire as the empires legions prepare to march

it appears the empire was also behind the coming of the great beast somehow

invasion of harmonia: taking advantage of the lack of defenses the mighty army of the reforged kingdom has landed on harmonioum shores, apparently linking up with rebel forces from the empire itself

and elsewhere, the mighty army of the jacks collective accompanied by their entire fleet has moved to the naval base that was constructed by the trade federation. they appear to be prepping for an invasion of the empire

zeyna: in the elven forests it appears a new powerful fey being has arisen calling herself the lady of the oaks and demanding the elves allegiance. elf forces stand divided as some follow her due to some magical compulsion

the beast awakens!: the day of judgement has finally arrived as the great beast in the north awakens. magus conclave and others stand ready to banish the beast but their efforts backfire, killing every single mage the reforged kingdom had sent due to the massive expenditure of their life energys...but thats not all, their efforts also filled it with an insatiable hunger for magic. it is now heading towards the risen empire, the most powerful pinnacle of magic in the region

16. - Top - End - #286

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

A Man looks out into the sea. Far away from a place --a home-- he will likely never see again. And he cries.

To the Trade Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bring your troops. I'll skip any formalities and say that we need to crush the Harmonium Empire NOW. We're going at EoT, I hope you'll be fighting alongside us.
    -King Fuban

To the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what I can do to help you. If you'd like refuge, or think you can do it yourselves...I don't know. I just don't know.
    -King Fuban

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Head undergound. We'll lay enough dead iron between it and you to throw off the scent. Then, we'll firebomb the thing.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

To: The Jack Collective [+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately, due to the circumstances our magics are not available for hire at this time. We would be happy to help with your research in the future, however.

To: The Grim[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you, friends. Against this threat, the entirety of our resources will be made available.

Our distribution of military assets is as follows:
    ++++ military in the Isle of Dhevan, acting as a police force.
    ++++ military within the Empire proper, presently manning the fortifications on the northern edges of the Empire.
    +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ magic, mostly concentrated in and around the capitol. We suspect that this is where the beast is headed. Furthermore, the defense of these magi is our primary goal.

If dead iron could mask their presence, then we would send the magi underground. We would not seek to bring calamity upon you, however, so if this will place you in danger we will seek another way.

Our normal strategy for the use of magic against magic resistant targets such as this would be to summon others to fight it. We are uncertain as to how well this will work in this case, however, and so we would ask your advice.

Many thanks for your aid in this time of need.

To: The Reforged Kingdom [+++++ +++], the Venetian Isles [+++?]
    Spoiler
    Show

If you have the navy to spare, some of our citizens are asking for transport to the Isle of Dhevan to aid in the reconstruction. We do not have a sufficient navy to transport them all within the time available to us, and so would ask for aid.

19. - Top - End - #289

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Risen Empire (+++++ +++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately all of our navy is in the land of the Harmonium Empire right now. Even if we were to call them back it would take a while before they returned, and we require the Navy to get back ourselves.
    My very most apologies,
    -King Fuban

20. - Top - End - #290

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: +++

To Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to transport your people. Also might we inquire as to your plans to deal with the monster coming towards your kingdom? Magic seems unlikely to work, so what do you plan to do? We will help if we can, but given our small army and small number of mages it seems that we will be unable to do too much unless the monster comes near enough the coast to bombard.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

21. - Top - End - #291

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

To: The Reforged Kingdom[+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

We understand. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavor against the Harmonium.

To: The Venetian Isles[+++]
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you. There are seven groups of civilians seeking transport at this time. We have ++- navy to devote to the task of transporting them.

As to the matter of the beast, we believe that it is somehow tracking our magi. The Grim appear to have a way to hide them, buying more time to determine how the beast might be subdued. Our best plan at this time is to summon something that could face the beast in combat. We are not very confident in this, however.

Until such time as a workable plan is devised, we will be seeking refuge.

22. - Top - End - #292

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

To Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

Should your people need refuge we may be able to help somewhat. Prior to the Dhevan problem we were developing colonies in what remains of the pirate lord's lands (OOC: Me/Dhevan destroyed them early in the game). The development of these colonies was stalled somewhat when the Dhevan issue came up, so they should have a significant amount of unused land. With a little effort they could be made to house a significant amount of people. Should you need to evacuate tell us and we will try to prepare for the influx of people. Preferably we would like advance notice of the evacuation, however we are willing to accommodate you in an emergency as well. If the beast is confined to land then your people should be safe there. Should you need a long term place of residence we might be able to make a deal for the lands as well, as they are not too integrated into the Venetian Economy yet, due to the cessation of production. However we will cross that bridge if we come to it. No point in making a permanent agreement unless it becomes strictly necessary, and hopefully it will not.

As for transport we do not have any other worthwhile projects for our Navy so we can probably have up to +++++ +++++ (10) Navy should you require it, while still leaving a bit of a defense force for the Isles.

Should the beast in fact be capable of swimming our navy should be capable of dealing at least some damage to it, which combined with other nations navies provides at least some means of potentially harming it.

23. - Top - End - #293

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

To: The Venetian Isles [+++]
    Spoiler
    Show

We are presently engaging in several projects that will hopefully see our people safe. We would offer many thanks for your offer, though.

Since the beast appears to be headed for our magi rather than simply attacking, we somewhat doubt that it will cross water to reach them.

To: All nations which participated in the expedition
    Spoiler
    Show

When observing the beast, were there any indications that it could swim or fly?

To: The Magus Conclave [+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

The beast appears to be attracted to mages. What will it do if those mages are placed beyond its reach?

Unless the beast can fly, sending the magi into the sky should suffice to do so.

It would seem that recently you were responsible for keeping the city of Bhurjibarba aloft. We would like to request aid in setting up a similar spell.

24. - Top - End - #294

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We obviously don't know for sure, but our observations indicate that it could likely cross large bodies of water, either on the surface or walking along the bottom of the sea itself.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    We think it had wings. However, unless it has something to make it lighter, it might not be able to get airborne.

On the Beast
    We have a plan. It's not much of a plan, but it's something. Rember the rail system? Lets use it. We'll send engineers to lay mine fields, and we'll have our atterilly mounted on the trains. A trueism of warfare. "If it's the size of a mountain, a head on attack is suicide. Hit and run. Hit and run."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

On the Beast
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or we could fill some of the trains with explosives and position them near the beast to explode on to it when the beast crosses the tracks. Perhaps with a small magical trinket to hopefully attract it...?

27. - Top - End - #297

Jack Collective

To the Deep Trolls (+++++ ?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because we assume that you are going to be focusing your attention on the rampaging beast, we'd like to ask you for some technology that could aid our navies or armies in the invasion of the Harmonium. We will of course reimburse you for the devices, and while it may not be possible to deploy them this season in the war, hopefully they can help turn the tide in the next.

To the Risen (+++++ +++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We completely understand, and wish you luck in neutralizing the beast. Our attention is centered on the Harmonium for now, so we are unfortunately unable to aid you.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-07-19 at 01:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    We saw the recent message from the Jacks to you, and wonder if we could have the same deal. The Harmonium Empire is an enemy of all of this continent, not just us.

To the Queendom of Faluna
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're wondering if you'd be interested in cooperating to prevent the Lady of the Oaks from taking control of the Elves. Mind-control is a foul, vicious magic; and we can't let her work the elves into just puppets under her control.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

queendom to reforged empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    of course. we shall begin moving our men into position immediantly. the elves have always been a good friend to us

trade federation to risen empire/jacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    total the are pledging 11 army and 5 navy

30. - Top - End - #300

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Queendom of Faluna
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great. Would an attack at ((next mid-turn)) be acceptable? We think that perhaps using some esp this turn to slow her actions would be useful as well.