1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: [IC] TW:epic fantasy

queendom to reforged kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    that would be fine. i can send [++] worth of agents to slow her efforts

OOC: i need to stop calling you the reforged empire keep forgetting your a kingdom

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

magus conclave to risen empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    well we have no idea what it will do when the mages are beyond its reach. probably move towards civilian populations and feast on those with undiscovered talent

its true we were responsible for keeping bhujibarba aloft, but we couldnt do that again until we recover our losses

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire
    Morale: +++++ +++

To: The Magus Conclave
    Spoiler
    Show

We should have the magical power needed to cast that spell, though if the beast should be capable of flight it would seem unwise to use it. Since the beast appeared to be winged, we are assuming that this is so.

Unfortunately, I must cut this missive short. I am needed for one last spell before the evacuation.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Jack Collective/Reforged Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll be able to send Flamethrowers. ++ Econ?

To the Elves
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woodborn, we have heard of the lady of the oaks. May we request a aduience?
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

5. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    ++ temp econ for flamethrowers for both of us? Sure. I'll pay +, can the Jack's pay the other +?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Reforged Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure. We half expected you to have researched them on your own, so + t.Econ each sounds good for us.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307

Jack Collective
    Morale: +++++ +++++

To the Deep Trolls (+++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    + temp Econ it is. Is there any other technologies you would be willing to part with, or could we possibly hire your scientists for next season to continue work on one of our projects?

To the Hellraisers (++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How much would it cost to hire all of your land based units for a season?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-07-20 at 01:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

beginning of turn 10

untold riches: the queendom of faluna has been uncovering long forgotten dungeons and treasure hoards almost daily now and has attracted countless adventurers seeking to do just that. all adventurers are welcome and for a small share of the loot they are allowed to explore at-will

end of the conclave: it appears the magus conclave is on its death bed facing troubles both internal and foreign in nature. after having half of their remaining members bought out by other factions, the risen empire itself launched a daring raid on one of the conclaves towers wiping out the very small garrison left protecting it.

victory at last: in the early months of the season, a massive army from the reforged empire marched north alongside provincial soldiers of former harmonioum lands. resistance was almost non-existant until the armies reached the massive hatred fortress, which the harmonioum empire had just completed. the fortress was taken at heavy cost, but the brave soldiers marched onward to the capital.

the armies layed siege to the capital of the imperial dynasty for weeks on end without making a dent in the walls...until another massive army from the trade federation arrived after landing on the relatively undefended east coast. together the two massive armies finally overwhelmed the demoralized defenders and slew the last remmants of the imperial dynasty...the harmonioum empire has now ceased to exist.

the beast... the massive beast from the north continued its advance south into the risen empire, until it was halted by an ancient spiritual dragon summoned by the mages of the risen empire and a massive hit and run fire-barrage from deep troll forces. this halt only lasted a short time however with the beast succesfully crushed the unsupported dragon and continued its advance.

though the delay gave the empire time to evacuate all its mages and alot of its wealth, the beast did destroya good portion of the fabled city of patria before realizing the mages were no longer there. with the empires mages heading underground through deep troll dead-iron tunnels the beast appears to be heading even further south...into the lands of the zexan consortium. the consortium is now organizing a massive evacuation effort

lady of the oaks: the lady of the oaks continued her subversion of the elven tribes until a massive joint strike by the queendom and reforged kingdoms agents, managed to stall her advance and fight her influence. elven forces still stand divided and open-war appears all but inevitable

9. - Top - End - #309

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Elves who Oppose the Lady of the Oaks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. As you definitely have noticed, the Lady of the Oaks is a dire threat to us and you. Would you be interested in cooperating with us and the Queendom of Faluna to eliminate this grave threat? If so, please send an ambassador so we can discuss in private.

To the Trade Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    A job well done. Would you be interested in cooperating to halt the Lady of the Oaks as well?

To the Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    May I ask what on earth your reason was to attack that tower of the Magus Conclave? What did the people there do to you?

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did not receive any flamethrowers for the fight... Would you care to explain?
    Last edited by ragingrage; 2012-07-22 at 06:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Reforged Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were busy at the time. We'll refund you, and sent them soon.
    OOC; I had already sent in my EoT, and he said it was closed... Sorry about that. My bad, and I'll pay ya back.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Deep Trolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just send them at mid-turn, it's fine ((also, you probably could have told him -- it's not like it was that major XD))

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to ragingrage/grimsage
    Spoiler
    Show
    it was just closed to any new submissions. i am fine with addons after the fact as long as its not major(like invading the queendom of faluna)
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2012-07-22 at 08:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313

Jack Collective

To the Magus Conclave (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to offer those remaining of you a place as part of the Collective. As this past season has shown, the powers of this world are eager to exploit your tragedy at the hands of the beast for their own personal gain. Some more violently than others. We can protect you, as well as give you ample funds for research.

-Jack 4

To the Deep Trolls (+++++ ???)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can we also be sent the flamethrowers this season? They may be necessary soon, if the Lady of the Oaks takes the minds of the remaining elves.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

trade federation to reforged empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    the nagarean theocracy has agreed to put the entirety of its military on standby

the rozarian empire has reported it can not spare any troops to fighting the lady of the oaks. apparently they are having border clashes with desert raiders from the east

the zexan consortium is of course too busy evacuating to help in your efforts

magus conclave to the jacks[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we will have to politely decline at this time, we are not finished yet

OOC: you will have to invest stats in order to persuade them

15. - Top - End - #315

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Nagarean Theocracy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have any magic that you could spare? We have large amounts of straight military strength, magic would be useful to ensure that the Lady of the Oaks can not mind control any of our soldiers.

16. - Top - End - #316

Jack Collective

To the Magus Conclave (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Oh, I planned to use all 10 Morale and Jack 35 at midturn. Just wanted to try the diplomatic route first. Out of curiosity, what would happen if multiple people tried to convert them?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to jacks[GM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    that would depend on the routes everyone took trying to convert them. could end in several wildly entertaining ways...entertaining for me anyways

18. - Top - End - #318

WolfInSheepsClothing

Magi of The Risen Empire

To: The Reforged Kingdom[+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

My best guess is that the attack was executed due to the fragmentation of the Empire. There was a plan on the books for a counter-strike on the magus conclave should the Risen Empire fall, due to the discovery of the Magus Conclave war plans against us. Unfortunately, I am out of contact with the other fragments at this time, and can not verify this.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mid-turn update

a new hope: with the aid and support of the reforged kingdoms goodwill, the magus conclave has rallied within itself turning away all possible mergers. sources also indicate a large force of hellraisers has been seen guarding their tower

the empire strikes back: right after the magus conclave rallied and pulled itself together, a strike team from the risen empire took a 2nd tower from the conclave. they took heavy losses but it was taken nonetheless. risen empire gains asset [tower of the magi]

the evacuation:the beast that is now called "the destroyer" by many commoners continues its advance southward devouring all in its path including several consortium run trading hubs. however thanks to the goodwill of several nations, the zexan consortium managed to evacuate most of its resources out of the beasts reach as it continues south

the lady of the oaks: total-war between the free elves and the forces of the lady of the oaks breaks out, causing several vicious skirmishes, but the arrival of forces from the reforged kingdom and the queendom of faluna arrive to prevent any other overt action from being taken by either side.

20. - Top - End - #320

GreataxeFighterGuy

The Reforged Kingdom

To the Magus Conclave
    Spoiler
    Show
    Searching our coffers, we have found a few magical artifacts that you may find to be of use. We would like to give them to you to encourage and help your regrowth.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

beginning of turn 12

the destroyer: the great destroyer continues its advance south, until it finally realizes that the majority of the great magical energies of the world lied to the east. the beast now turns east towards the magical towers of the magi!

the split: it appears the risen empire is indeed split in two. a massive horde of the dead was called up by the mages of the empire, and attacked their own towers eliminating all traces of this splinter group.

the invasion: it is a quiet, sunny day when the risen empire finally decided to begin its move back to the surface, only to find a massive army led by the reforged empire and the queendom of faluna poised on the border. it wasnt long before this massive army surged northward laying waste to any imperial holdings in their path, completely decimating local security forces. the army now stands ready to lay siege to what remains of the great city of patria

the isle of dhevan: although the rebuilding of dhevan is complete thanks to the massive expenditure by the risen empire, venetian isles and the jacks collective. however the isle is still leaderless and citizen militia's and streetgangs are threatening war against eachother

22. - Top - End - #322

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

To: The Reforged Kingdom[+++++ +++], The Queendom of Faluna[+++++ ++]

Spoiler
    Show

The Empire is split. The beast rages. The people of Dhevan yet suffer.

Among all of this, you are deciding to invade? You, who have stood for peace and defense? Have you returned, then, to your demonic roots?

If you should seek peace, then I will listen. Until then, however, a state of war shall exist between us for the act of harming my people. I shall see you and yours upon the battlefield.

To: The Risen Empire [+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Reforged Kingdom and its ally, the Queendom of Faluna, have invaded our lands. The magi shall rise against these invaders. I would ask that you do not, and instead seek to aid the Isle of Dhevan. If this war should turn against us, the Empire will live on with you.

To: The Venetian Isles [+++?]
    Spoiler
    Show

I am invoking the mutual defense treaty due to the recent invasion by the Reforged Kingdom and the Queendom of Faluna.

I am sorry that this should happen.

To: The Grim [????? ??]
    Spoiler
    Show

I am sorry that war should come under these circumstances. Until the Destroyer is no longer, however, we would like to stay within these caverns.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would rather we leave rather than bring war to this place, then I understand.

To: The Trade Federation [?????]
    Spoiler
    Show

As the remaining great power on this continent, we would request your neutrality in this conflict.

To: The Jack Collective [+++++ +++]
    Spoiler
    Show

Due to the recent conflict between myself and my former division of espionage, I find myself to be rather short on spies. I would like to request an estimate on the price of information.

To: Isle of Dhevan Citizens [???]
    Spoiler
    Show

Our army will continue to provide stability as best it can until a government should be established.

In the interim, the tome of citizenship lies open for any who wish to enter their name.

The Gates of Patria [World Event]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Empire from the mists of time sleeps beneath the boots of foreign invaders this day. Armies advance, and the people flee.

From the caverns beneath the world, where refuge has been taken from the assault of the Destroyer, the Emperor watches. A speech is given, and an action decided upon.

"Let us not bear this invasion peacefully, but instead seek to defend the Empire from its enemies. It is time to once more unseal the blade of Patria, to defend this empire from invaders."

And so the blade of the Emperor once more leaves its sheath, and the gates of death once more open upon the world. Legions of the honored dead stride forth, and take up formation once more. Squad by squad, century by century, cohort by cohort, legion by legion, the plains of Patria are filled by risen soldiers. All told, the legions number only seven short of an entire century of legions.

The earth shakes as the golden-steel boots of the countless legions marches forward to face the invaders, their spears sharp, their blades ready, and the banners once more waving over the land.

Deep beneath the quaking earth, the Emperor watches...
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-07-30 at 12:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: +++++ ++ (7)

To Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

We will honor our treaty with you. Our soldiers should arrive at {EOT}. We do not have a large force however and we might have trouble getting our navy through Faluna and the reforged's navy.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls (Not the Grim. Thats 95% of my other TW games)

To the Risen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry about it. Seriously, what in the bloody hell are those idots thinking? Go after you bunch, who are a realitivly peaceful bunch, or after the thing thats gutting us like a fish!? We'll be bombing the damn thing. We'll be unleashing everything we got. That damn thing is going down.

To the rest of the contient

We would like to point something out. A massive thing has appeared and is proceeding to destroy the place. Know, we don't give a rats ass what you have against the risen. Yes, we agree that they're stunt on devhan was a bit much, but they have been trying to fix it. And let me ask you this. When the damn thing is done in the east, where will it go next? We have enough dead iron shielding that it won't be able to tell we're here, but you bunch on the surface? Before you attack the risen, kill the damn beast.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles

Open Message
    Spoiler
    Show

We agree with the trolls. While we are likely safe due to the ocean you continental folks should really stop fighting each other and focus on the GIGANTIC BEAST that is rampaging across the continent.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

26. - Top - End - #326

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Risen Empire

To: The Deep Trolls (sorry, I'm still getting confused over them having been originally submitted as the grim...)[????? ??]
    Spoiler
    Show

We would be overjoyed to assist you in the attack against the beast, but so long as our people are threatened by the Reforged Kingdom, that will not be possible.

To: The Venetian Isles[+++++ ++]
    Spoiler
    Show

I have confidence that our army will be sufficient to match theirs in this war. They were able to commit the equivalent of 40 legions to the recent battles. I have sent 80 legions to the surface to do battle with them.

They strongly outnumber our navy, however. My ships will aid as best they can, but I fear that they are comparatively few in number.

27. - Top - End - #327

Jack Collective

To the Magus Conclave (+++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Destroyer heads to your doorstep. We need to pool together our magical forces and attempt to banish it again. The consequences of doing nothing are too great to stand by.

To the Trade Federation (+++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Beast still rampages through this continent, and we are descending into petty squabbles amongst ourselves. Until it is dealt with, we are all at risk, and it is the greatest threat. As such, the Collective is calling on all of you to lend your mages to another attempt at banishing it. We either do this now, or allow it to devastate more land and peoples for another season.

To the Queendom (+++++ ++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    For what reason did you invade the Risen? What have they ever done to you?

To the Risen Empire (+++++ +++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Collective will be remaining neutral in this conflict. Our efforts are focused on dealing with the Beast. If that is dealt with, we shall reconsider our involvement.

To the Deep Trolls (+++++ ??)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could we get those flamethrowers now? They may be necessary very soon... If you have any other weaponry for sale, we also would be interested in purchasing them before the end of the season. (Mid-turn, if possible)
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2012-07-31 at 04:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

AssassinGuy

Venetian Isles
    morale: +++++ ++ (7)

To Risen Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

Exactly how many Naval Assets do you have? We will need them if we are to fight the Navy of both Faluna and the Reforged. Faluna alone is formidable on the water, and with the Risen it will certainly be challenging. If you think your Army is sufficient then we will leave our army to enforce order until a government can be set up on Dhevan. Is anyone else willing to aid you in this?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Risen
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you are currently staying in our tunnels, your our guests. We'll help ya, but we'll be working on something to kill the damn beast.

To the Jacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Give us a bit. We have something planed.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

mid-turn update

war in the north: the war between the coalition of the reforged kingdom and the magical might of the risen empire continues. at first it seems like the battle is hopeless for the valiant soldiers of the risen empire, but then the archmages of the empire turned to necromancy, calling up thousands upon thousands of their dead ancestors to turn the tide. the queendom forces present were pushed back through sheer numbers, but the reforged kingdom managed to hold the line and prevent defeat. queendom forces are even now regrouping to return to the battle

meanwhile out at sea, the naval fleets of the coalition, watched over by the massive gnomish airships stand oppisite the formidable fleet of the venetian isles and the risen empires own tiny fleet. battle on that front will likely be joined very soon

banishment!: in a desperate last ditch effort a contigent of mages led by king jack and the trade federation finally managed to succesfully banish the great destroyer despite the last attempts massive failure. the entire world breathes a sigh of relief as once again they are safe....trade federation gains [+++] WO for their succesful banishment

conflict on dhevan: the isle of dhevan breaks out into a fresh wave of fighting as security forces from the venetian isles clashes with the various street-gangs and citizen's militia's. the house-to-house fighting is extremely vicious, and the street-gangs actually manage to regain several neighborhoods. fortuanatly venetian forces escape without suffering any major losses as they now huddle behind hasily erected barricades to protect themselves

spread the joy: the zexan consortium is making a killing off of all the arms and armor they are selling to the various factions across the continent who are buying up every sword they can afford. the consortium in turn is putting most of these profits towards various charitable acts throughout the land

queendom to the jacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    their actions are clearly a threat to the entire world. first they decimate the populace of dhevan and then they attack the towers of the peaceful magus conclave. we dont want to fight you, please remain neutral

trade federation to risen empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    most of the nations represented here do plan to remain neutral at this point in the war