New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default HUD/View Screens/Tactical Interface

I have a question regarding HUDs, radar, etc. I'm running a fairly high tech game, with about steampunk level technology. Lots of mechanical constructs, electricity, mechanical limbs, etc. I allow my group to make "Innovate" checks to come up with novel mechanisms, and then they make a "Craft(Mechanism)" check to build it for the appropriate prices. I've been largely basing these mechanisms off of spells of a similar price, as this system is part of an effort to remove the t1 class, who gain a ton of power with their control of magic items. Anyway. Digression aside, here's the question-

I have a player that's making a mechanical suit, and I've been working with him on all the systems. One system he wants is viewscreens for left/right/back/up. I have no idea what to base this on. I feel as though the 80k price obtained by clairvoyance+permanency is far too high, even ignoring that you can't use permanency on clairvoyance, but I don't know how else to achieve this effect. Does anyone have a magic device with similar effects? The result should be 360 degree vision unimpeded, +<reasonable number here> to Spot. This should not remove the possibility of surprise rounds, but it should make it much harder.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: HUD/View Screens/Tactical Interface

synthese? eh, not realy...
    zombie eyes? close...
    touch sight? similer...
    aha! false sensory imput
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender