New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Oh hell yes.
    The Stig
    Caste: Chosen of Journeys
    Charms:
    Drive: All.

(S)he probably has some Sidereal Presence Charms as well.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is it bad that my main source of inspiration for exalted modern is the player character of Saint's Row the Third?

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Is it bad that my main source of inspiration for exalted modern is the player character of Saint's Row the Third?
    I haven't played the game, but from what I've heard of it, that sounds perfectly sane.

Well, maybe not, given how insane the game sounds. Modern raksha, maybe?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    I started that game like I did any other game - male character, blue hair, etc, etc. Then I remembered I had an Infernal mafioso, started over, and never looked back. I just wish you could do the story missions over again so I could record the cutscenes to make animated gifs.
    Last edited by Gensh; 2012-06-11 at 04:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Since Shards is around the corner, who are characters you guys might use as inspiration (or rip off wholesale) for certain Shards?
    Space:
    Spoiler
    Show

Modern:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2012-06-11 at 05:36 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like someone likes their power armor.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's some more of mine!

Modern
    Spoiler
    Show

Dawn Caste, of course

HAIL TO THE CHOSEN OF SERENITY KING, BABY!

Space Opera
    Spoiler
    Show

Dawn Caste, like I've said. Interestingly, though, this could work for Exalted Modern as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Space Opera
    Spoiler
    Show

Dawn Caste, like I've said. Interestingly, though, this could work for Exalted Modern as well.
    Who is this? and what series is she from?

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Who is this? and what series is she from?
    Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Not necessarily. The artist only identifies it as something they did for commission. Plus, there are a couple things off for it to be Kerrigan, like the non-red hair. Seems more a generic cyberpunk setting.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exthalion View Post
    Nope. Helmet's wrong. Suit's wrong. Hair's wrong. Eyes are wrong. This is from a quick google search. Most of them I can give some allowance, but I have no idea why a Sarah Kerrigan picture would give her red eyes. Maybe she's a vampire.

But to me, she doesn't really look like Sarah beyond a superficial resemblance. Maybe the artist used starcraft armor for inspiration. Hell, maybe the artist used Sarah for inspiration, then made some detail differences so that it wasn't the same.

Edit: That's what I get for fine-tuning my post.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-11 at 08:19 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

You need to play more Starcraft.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Why is it I get three responses to a post that has nothing to do with Exalted and resulted from only the briefest glance at an image (I don't play starcraft) yet when I actually say things about Exalted I don't get any?

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Why is it I get three responses to a post that has nothing to do with Exalted and resulted from only the briefest glance at an image (I don't play starcraft) yet when I actually say things about Exalted I don't get any?
    Because I don't have a lot of system mastery, and I'm really good at correcting people.
    My Steam profile

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Obviously, this means by inference that at all other times you must be right, Exthalion.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Obviously, this means by inference that at all other times you must be right, Exthalion.
    Thank you for finally noticing, it has taken so long.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Most posts don't get that much feedback.

Really, if you want that, go to the White Wolf Forum, or rpg.net. You won't find it here.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Most posts don't get that much feedback.

Really, if you want that, go to the White Wolf Forum, or rpg.net. You won't find it here.
    It isn't that so much as the incongruity that a dedicated Exalted thread should generate greater content for non Exalted inputs than Exalted inputs.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

It isn't that so much as the incongruity that a dedicated Exalted thread should generate greater content for non Exalted inputs than Exalted inputs.
    This is one thread. In an entire forum not dedicated to Exalted. It's like having a 3.5 discussion thread in the WW forums.
    My Steam profile

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    This is one thread. In an entire forum not dedicated to Exalted. It's like having a 3.5 discussion thread in the WW forums.
    Not quite that bad. This is a general interest forum, and though the exalted community is small, it still exists. The thing is, many aren't active in the thread, and many topics of conversation aren't picked up.
    Satomi by Elagune

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Actually, it just means that the other times I didn't know that he was wrong.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Since Shards is around the corner, who are characters you guys might use as inspiration (or rip off wholesale) for certain Shards?
    Modern
    Spoiler
    Show

Night Caste

Changing Moon Caste

Chosen of Battles

Space Opera
    Spoiler
    Show

Zenith Caste

Full Moon Caste

Chosen of Secrets

Burn Legend
    Spoiler
    Show

Mugen

Ryuujin

Shinigami
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2012-06-12 at 04:52 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Space Opera
    Spoiler
    Show

Zenith Caste
    Mal as a Zenith Caste... O.o

An unconvential one.

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet that I will end you."

Mal's an odd one, though- his temprament is that of a Solar, but his backstory is classic Infernal material (keeping in mind that I consider the 'tried and failed' character backstory a valid Infernal Exaltation target as well as the 'backed down at moment of truth' character backstory).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #775
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Mugen

Shinigami
    Whee, spoilers. Also, Ed as a Chosen of Secrets and the Slender Man as a Changing Moon intrigue me.

So, let's see, Mugen are Solars, Tennin are Sidereals, Ryuujin are Dragon-Bloods, Shinigami are Abyssals, and Yamajin are Infernals.

Do the poor Lunars get a fancy name?
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Nekochans ?
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

First:
    *smacks Rikandur*

Second:
    Awesome! I already want to play a Shinigami! Lunars I'm thinking would probably be Henge or Obake.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Mal's an odd one, though- his temprament is that of a Solar, but his backstory is classic Infernal material (keeping in mind that I consider the 'tried and failed' character backstory a valid Infernal Exaltation target as well as the 'backed down at moment of truth' character backstory).
    Well, not all people view it that way, since the mortal does have to be something of a coward to attract the attention of a demon, or at the least, blame himself for whatever bad stuff happened after his failure and be willing to sink low in order to take revenge.
    My Steam profile

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Well, not all people view it that way, since the mortal does have to be something of a coward to attract the attention of a demon, or at the least, blame himself for whatever bad stuff happened after his failure and be willing to sink low in order to take revenge.
    You are just so wrong on so many levels, it's not even funny.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

All they have to be to attract the attention of the Yozi is to be someone capable of exalted as a Solar who has not done so. Any other restriction is entirely at the whim of the Yozi in question.

Moreover, it's not sinking low to take revenge. It's being offered power, with the alternative of death.
    Satomi by Elagune