New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Looking to make a Zenith based on Cain, got a background in mind (Supposedly mortal soldier, rather than freakish luck and Jurgan's special talent, he's a Solar), but well, I'm still not great at crunch as a few people on here can attest to.

Using these house rules for it.
    *has his eyes on Kris*
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ifni View Post
    Meschlum, thanks in particular for the Grace magic ideas, I may use some of those in the deprogramming attempt.

(And I do mean it when I say deprogramming/healing. The GSP in question used to be the Lunar's best friend, I've seen her use a Heretical charm, and the last thing she said to the Lunar before using Freedom Lets Go was "I won't let you fall with me". She's suffering from massive Charm-induced amnesia and torture-induced PTSD, but I'm hopeful there is actually a chance for a somewhat positive ending here.)
    Happy to help!

The Architect of Mind

The deep South has nervous legends of a being known as the Architect of Flesh, a weird resident of the Wyld who ventures into Creation in order to remake the bodies of its inhabitants. Those unfortunate enough to survive are warped and altered to a drastic degree - sometimes even in ways matching their desires.

In the North, one can find the Architect of Mind instead, an equally alien entity which leaves bodies untouched but thoughts and perhaps souls strangely reforged. Unlike its counterpart, those encountering the Architect often emerge in better shape than they were before, though such kindness from the forces of Chaos has its cost.

As matters of the mind and body are fluid, the Architects manifest in a myriad of different ways, often favoring the guise of a doctor of some sort. Dispensing mildly miraculous cures as a sideline, an Architect will eventually select a suitable candidate to focus upon then vanish from Creation's realm, channelling its powers upon, and through, the fortunate Creation-born.

Those who dare come close to one chosen by an Architect are liable to bear the full brunt of its rejected plans. Dispensing altered bodies or strange madnesses to such secondary beings, the Architect seeks to refine and improve its chosen vessel. And, eventually, will consider itself successful or witness the end of its host.

When questioned, the Architect of Mind has admitted that its purpose in seeking out and conquering the madness of the Creation-born is its desire to challenge and fight the geratest foes it can find - and thus far, it has proven ever victorious.

Creation-level Xia
    Compassion 5, Valor 5 (Cup and Sword 5 each) - 2 bp
    Essence 3 - 10 bp
    Birth 2
    Artifact 1

Assumption of Dreams and Passion
    Rejection of Conflict
    Rejection of Desire
    Soul Carving Artifice
    Heart Stealing Kiss
    Manacles of Virtue
    Fantastic Grotesquerie Shell

Some (more) Artifact, Gossamer, and Birth are worth looking at.

1 free charm, 7 background points and 6 free bp

Mind-healer's Oath: "Until my patient is healed, I shall live within their dreams".

One of the tools of the Architect, the Oath allows its owner to sink into the body and mind of a patient. This allows it to become a Wyld taint and gain great insight into the thoughts of the patient.

1-dot Adjuration
    Assumption of the Person's Heart
    Surpassing Excellence - healing the mind of the patient.

Lenses of Soothing Perception

The Lenses are one of the Architect's first gifts to a prospective patient. Only one pair exists, but they have a truly phenomenal effect: when the person wearing them witnesses something horrifying, all memory of that event is erased from their memory. While this deception does not restore a shattered mind, it does enable one whose thoughts are fragile to travel without fear of seeing distressful reminders of matters best unrecalled.

Overuse of the Lenses can prove dangerous as the person wearing it may be utterly (and dangerously) oblivious to beings and events in their vicinity.

1-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of Dreams and Passion - the Lenses look very comforting.
    Fall of Night Shadows the Truth - when someone wearing the lenses witnesses a triggering event, the memory of said event is erased. This can reach a few minutes into the past, and be activated as often as necessary.

Mechanically, Heart Stealing Kiss and Manacles of Virtue allow the Architect to edit the Virtues of a patient, seeking to manage a reasonably balanced mindset.

Significant social skills allow some tampering with Intimacies so as to help with healing.

The Lenses let its patient interact more easily with the world, though their memory may have extra hiccups.

Soul Carving Artifice provides fluff for going into the patient's mind and fighting the bad things within.

Rejection of Desire combined with Assumption of the Person's Heart lets the Architect remove memories of people who have made the patient's life difficult. The Architect can also collect memories of supportive people from previous patients or bystanders and use these to help the current patient.

Similarly, Rejection of Conflict allows the erradication of an enemy, battle, and the like. Again, a good way to cut down on stress. Or share memories of final victory, of course.

Fantastic Grotesquerie Shell could be used for a set of mind stabilizing mutations (or Derangements), which are then shared with the patient.

Of course, to fuel all this, the Architect needs to partake of the souls of numerous other Creation-born, and possibly steal a few of their better memories. But it's all for the good of the patient, so it must be all right!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Necromancy is more tied to the Labyrinth and the Neverborn than the Underworld as a whole. Or, that's what my justification would be. Not to familiar with necromancy or the like myself.
    Fair enough, just seemed a bit odd.

I'd say it would fit in as a Lunar charm. What specific parts do you want?
    The ageing rapidly thing is the main thing I was after, though the subconscious knowledge transfer might help. The main aim is to have one specific kid to not take a decade and a half while they grow up, but in general Beastmen that can fight in 1 year instead of 10 might eventually be helpful.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    The ageing rapidly thing is the main thing I was after, though the subconscious knowledge transfer might help. The main aim is to have one specific kid to not take a decade and a half while they grow up, but in general Beastmen that can fight in 1 year instead of 10 might eventually be helpful.
    Akshata Sexual Methodology lets you create childern with... unique... features.

Access to the Wyld (or a Chancel) gives you narrative time and thus can modify the time that passes in Creation while your spawn grows to maturity.

Shuffling the Pieces gives you minions each time you kill an opponent.

Awakened Dream Manufacture lets you create a servant with power comparable to a god-blood every scene. Shape Forged Servant is even better.

An oneiromancy with Behemoth Forging Meditation and Mayfly Transformation can drastically accelerate the growth (and possibly learning) rate of those nearby.

Granting a Creation-born child a few potent 'guardian spirits' via Assumption of the Person's Heart can confer significant physical and mental prowess, as long as the child does what the voices tell him to. It's a bit mote and virtue intensive, though.

Crafter's Arsenal lets you create fully trained units of Extras in a single season.

Beating up the Fair Folk until they agree to help lets you do all this, if you don't just pick up a few Graces and do it yourself.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

I know someone's put a Chainsword homebrew up: might be the Demented One before he joined up with White Wolf.

Need more advice?
    Seems I was wrong, I could use a link to that chainsword homebrew, Google has failed to bring up any stats, and Chain Daiklaves are something else altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    *has his eyes on Kris*
    Hey, at least I'm not making a video game or anime character.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Troll in the Playground

Seems I was wrong, I could use a link to that chainsword homebrew, Google has failed to bring up any stats, and Chain Daiklaves are something else altogether.
    Can you wait until Shards?
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ink Monkeys are taunting the forums again . . .

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Can you wait until Shards?
    Personally, I could but I don't think my storyteller would appreciate that.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    The Ink Monkeys are taunting the forums again . . .
    Don't think of it as taunting. Think of it as a chainspoiler.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Oramus, a poster on the White Wolf Forums made something awesome. He distilled into a single page of the internet the White wolf forums. Or, at least, some of the common talking points.

Best one I've seen:
    Lunars are imcompatable with Lunar protagonism!! This should never be allowed.

Not sure about balance or naming, but here:

Cost:10m, 1wp(10m); Mins: Wits 5, Essence 4; Type: Simple(in Long Ticks)
    Keywords: Shaping, Training
    Duration: One Season
    Prerequisite Charms: None

This charm is applied to a group of children no larger than magnitude 1. Those effected grow at an accelerated rate, reaching adulthood at the end of the charm. They gain a heroic motivation, and start out as normal Heroic mortals with 2 extra attribute dots split between two attributes and then Essence x2 bonus points that can be divided however the Lunar chooses.

At Essence 6, the Lunar can instead tie this charm to an area. This must either be an area the Lunar claimed with Boundary-Marking Meditation or Invisible Warren Creation. All children or infants who dwell in the area for a long enough time gain the benefits, and all of the extra attribute dots and bonus points must be spend in the same way.

Here. Found it on the Demented One's old Temporary Homebrew Compendium page.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #941

RedWizardGuy

Wow. Oramus, a poster on the White Wolf Forums made something awesome. He distilled into a single page of the internet the White wolf forums. Or, at least, some of the common talking points.
    I got this:
    Sidereals are detrimental to setting verisimilitude!!! This should never be allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure about balance or naming, but here:

Cost:10m, 1wp(10m); Mins: Wits 5, Essence 4; Type: Simple(in Long Ticks)
    Keywords: Shaping, Training
    Duration: One Season
    Prerequisite Charms: None

This charm is applied to a group of children no larger than magnitude 1. Those effected grow at an accelerated rate, reaching adulthood at the end of the charm. They gain a heroic motivation, and start out as normal Heroic mortals with 2 extra attribute dots split between two attributes and then Essence x2 bonus points that can be divided however the Lunar chooses.

At Essence 6, the Lunar can instead tie this charm to an area. This must either be an area the Lunar claimed with Boundary-Marking Meditation or Invisible Warren Creation. All children or infants who dwell in the area for a long enough time gain the benefits, and all of the extra attribute dots and bonus points must be spend in the same way.

That looks really cool, but only lasting one season could be an issue.

Thanks very much.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

That looks really cool, but only lasting one season could be an issue.

Thanks very much.
    It takes a season to take effect, but the duration is permanent.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

It takes a season to take effect, but the duration is permanent.
    Ah, that's much better. Thanks.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Some of the best I got...

Alchemicals are laughably underpowered in relation to Alchemical playability. This should never be allowed.

When I ST, Dragon-Blooded are laughably underpowered in relation to Liminal design space - Dragon-Blooded aren't even real Exalted!

Solars will create Alchemicals. This defies Solar Eminence Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Challenge accepted.

*pulls out las pistol*

*BLAM*
    Ah, I see you picked up the Desus Charms.

It's updated for even more talking points now!

When I ST, Demons are laughably underpowered in relation to Lunar morality. Why don't the devs fix this?
    People say Compassion sucks, but they forget that one time a Lunar fed an orphan so hard that Mardukth's face imploded.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

And another good one.

The point of the matter is, Alchemicals are detrimental to Alchemical playability. This is objectively suboptimal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't think of it as taunting. Think of it as a chainspoiler.
    CAN'T DELAY GAME FOR CHAINSPOILER

Would I be able to have a Chainbeamklave?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

*grumbles*

When I ST...
    When I ST, Abyssals can parry Ghosts. What's to stop SWLiHN blowing stuff up again?
    Another few rounds, waiter!
    Demons should permanently escape Infernals. What's to stop SWLiHN blowing stuff up again?

Solars should expediently kill Demons. The Usurpation isn't even mechnically supported...

At my table, Dragon-Blooded are deprotagonising to Deathlord doomtrains. This defies Solar Eminence Doctrine
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

20. - Top - End - #950

My favorites:

Spoiler
    Show

Dragon-blooded can beat Demons. Why hasn't this been errata'd yet?

Deathlords are laughably underpowered in relation to Dragon-Blooded Charm copy. Mortals shouldn't be allowed to win!

Arianna is such a magnificent defender of creation. This should never be allowed.

Solars must grapple Lunars. Shut up and take my money!
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    CAN'T DELAY GAME FOR CHAINSPOILER

Would I be able to have a Chainbeamklave?
    Hahaha god.

I guess there's nothing stopping you from applying the template, other than your Storyteller smacking you.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Hahaha god.

I guess there's nothing stopping you from applying the template, other than your Storyteller smacking you.
    Pretty sure he is the Storyteller in this case.
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #953

RedWizardGuy

Dug up some more gems from the forum imitator.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Only a fool would argue that Fokuf is such a brilliant example of a well-constructed NPC. Mortals shouldn't be allowed to win!

As far as I'm concerned, The Green Lady is such a magnificent defender of Creation. I'm fed up of all these strawmen.

As far as I'm concerned, Lunars should kill Fair Folk. Why don't the devs fix this?

For my group, Liminals can expediently beat Abyssals. Death should NEVER be an upgrade.

Solars can never beat Solars. This has ruined Exalted forever!

Only a fool would argue that Arianna is such a terrible failure. Stupid useless compassion.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quick request: Does anyone happen to have the Old Realm font lying around? All I can find are defunct links.

EDIT: In my search for that, though, I did find an automatic High Realm translator, which is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-06-22 at 01:55 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Quick request: Does anyone happen to have the Old Realm font lying around? All I can find are defunct links.

EDIT: In my search for that, though, I did find an automatic High Realm translator, which is pretty cool.
    Old Realm isn't the same kind of alphabet we use, the sounds are positioned into word glyphs. So a traditional typing program can't do it correctly.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

26. - Top - End - #956

GnomePirate

That translator is very fun, Mr Bookworm. Thank You from the bottom of my heart !

Pa-La-ya-ga-ro-u-nu-du ... just giggle worthy !
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Its The Scarlet Shepherd standing opposite to the Crimson Empress on her Chainklave Throne, over the Scarlet Secretary and the Chief Empress of the Imperial City Police.

Did I answer correctly?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Unnamed hot redheaded Dragon-Blooded from different Shards. And one android or cyborg.

Not sure why one would be a secretary though... unless she's from a reality where the Solars still rule.

Is the one on the chainsawklave throne the Empress in the Burn Legend Shard?
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-22 at 06:42 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

30. - Top - End - #960

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Unnamed hot redheaded Dragon-Blooded from different Shards. And one android or cyborg.

Not sure why one would be a secretary though... unless she's from a reality where the Solars still rule.
    That's no secretary, that's President Scarlett on her way to deliver the annual State of the Realm address.