New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Does anyone else wish that Burn Legend will be turned into a video game, with either a Dragon Age/Devil May Cry/Dragon's Dogma sort of style for combat, or a Tales/Smash Bros/Street Fighter style?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, here's a question for you guys. You can have any single charm from any book, without regards to prerequisites. You can only have the one charm, (so taking Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger won't give you access to the associated excellency or charm tree), but you can use it at will. What would you choose? I'm tempted to say Efficient Secretary Technique, for the ability to have pretty much all of the world's knowledge at my fingertips.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

If we could count as any Essence/Ability combo? King of Thieves Spirit.

Otherwise, Duck Fate.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Perfection Beyond Imagining
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Seconding Duck Fate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Okay, here's a question for you guys. You can have any single charm from any book, without regards to prerequisites. You can only have the one charm, (so taking Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger won't give you access to the associated excellency or charm tree), but you can use it at will. What would you choose?
    So tough, considering we can't get other Charms from it. Still, [My Name] Cosmic Principle would make me ageless. Although, I could still be killed by something. So, maybe [My Name] Eternal Essence - I'd die of old age, but in the mean time, I'm invincible.

No, no. [My Name] Glory Incarnate. I'll die eventually, sure. But, in the mean time, I get 20 dice to everything (barring whatever weird exception I have built into me), and a big chunk of free XP. In the real world, where highly skilled professionals are throwing around 5-6 dice, and points of XP are going to be stupidly rare. And the only cost is the inability to ever grow as a person ever again.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Perfection Beyond Imagining
    Bad choice - it stop working when you're suppressing conviction!

My choice would be... Shinmaic Communion.
    Last edited by Madwand; 2012-06-27 at 05:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post
    Bad choice - it stop working when you're suppressing conviction!

My choice would be... Shinmaic Communion.
    Even with conviction suppressed it still functions as the cheapest second excellency: Every ability 1 success per mote.

SC only works on land you Wyld Shaped yourself so it is useless.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Argh. You are right! So Nigh-Inchoate Supremacy for me.
    Last edited by Madwand; 2012-06-27 at 05:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Okay, here's a question for you guys. You can have any single charm from any book, without regards to prerequisites. You can only have the one charm, (so taking Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger won't give you access to the associated excellency or charm tree), but you can use it at will. What would you choose?
    Grace Beyond Dreams.

Hello there, entire raksha Charm set.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-06-27 at 06:40 AM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

That Swillin' charm that makes random coincidences happen to block stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Grace Beyond Dreams.

Hello there, entire raksha Charm set.
    Can only have one Charm.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Chirality Prohibition Index.

Nothing else matters. You can take over the world one city at a time, with one hour of effort per city.

The sad part of this hypothetical exercise is just how many wonderful charms depend on prerequisite charms to function. Like PIO or Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-06-27 at 08:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

So... are abyssals not outside fate by default? Because someone referenced me to unseen wisp method when I tried to use a fate keyword charm on them and it seems to imply abyssals are normally inside fate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

So... are abyssals not outside fate by default? Because someone referenced me to unseen wisp method when I tried to use a fate keyword charm on them and it seems to imply abyssals are normally inside fate.
    Abyssals are inside fate but any attempts to affect them with astrology or track them with the Loom takes a penalty.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Well, the Fate keyword doesn't exist anymore, so uh, it really doesn't matter.

And Abyssals are inside of fate, yes. There's some oddities with astrology and such, but they're not actually outside of fate. You need Immortal Malevolence Enslavement for that.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-06-27 at 10:15 AM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Banned

DruidGirl

Glorious Solar (Desk)
    or
    Thousandfold Courtesan Cortex
    Last edited by TentacleGirl; 2012-06-27 at 10:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, here's a question for you guys. You can have any single charm from any book, without regards to prerequisites. You can only have the one charm, (so taking Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger won't give you access to the associated excellency or charm tree), but you can use it at will. What would you choose? I'm tempted to say Efficient Secretary Technique, for the ability to have pretty much all of the world's knowledge at my fingertips.
    Thats a hard one!

I can think of a few possible candidates:

Ordinary Object Conjuration: lets start making whatever I want.

Loom-Snarling Deception: Be anyone.

Hypnotic Tongue Technique: I, Lelouch Vi Britannia command you…

Memory-Reweaving Discipline: You have always obeyed me, don't you remember?

Splintered Gale Shintai: My infinite army of clones conquers the world.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Ablation of Brass and Fire. Minus the sparks.

Alternatively, Adamant Skin Technique or TDO's Magnificent Invincible Beast, so I'm not restricted to settlements.

I block it. With my head.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-27 at 11:23 AM.
    My Steam profile

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Either Constructive Convergence of Principles or Duck Fate. Both are incredibly useful.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Akshata Sexual Methodology. Make Yourself horde of loyal progeny. Who can be almost everything.

Alternatively, Solar Circle Sorcery. Come on ... magic !

Or ... Gateway of Sundrapisha, bam I'm Unshaped ... oi, why I'm falling apart ? Why !?
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Firbolg in the Playground

Graceful Crane Stance would be nice; I'd appreciate never tripping over my own clumsy feet again.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Graceful Crane Stance would be nice; I'd appreciate never tripping over my own clumsy feet again.
    It only works to make you safely walk across narrow surfaces, It doesn't do anything about your clumsiness.

You could always activate a Dexterity Excellency every round.

And after thinking about it, I think I'll choose Perfection Beyond Imagining over a Perfect Defense. Because then I'm a master at everything.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-27 at 03:11 PM.
    My Steam profile

24. - Top - End - #1044

For a single Charm, Verdant Emptiness Endowment is probably objectively the best. Only being able to grant Attributes, Abilities, and Specialties is a bit limited (though still miraculous IRL), but getting people to owe you favors is very useful.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    It only works to make you safely walk across narrow surfaces, It doesn't do anything about your clumsiness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Actual Text of the Charm
    GRACEFUL CRANE STANCE
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Athletics 1, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Combo-OK
    Duration: One scene
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    The Solar Exalted are as graceful as sunlight on water. This Charm lets the Exalt automatically succeed on any valid Athletics action to keep his balance. Moreover, this Charm allows the Exalt to keep his footing on any surface at least as strong and wide as a human hair. He treats it as a three-foot wide ledge capable of supporting a thousand pounds of weight when determining what movement and Athletics actions he can take and what penalties to them might apply.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post

Posting from a discussion held on AIM, which was actually a discussion in a game on Rpol. It's about a potential game involving every Shard.

edit: spoiler'd for size.
    Ooooh. I'd play that.

Oooooh! I want-

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    For a single Charm, Verdant Emptiness Endowment is probably objectively the best. Only being able to grant Attributes, Abilities, and Specialties is a bit limited (though still miraculous IRL), but getting people to owe you favors is very useful.
    ...what he said.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Does anyone else wish that Burn Legend will be turned into a video game, with either a Dragon Age/Devil May Cry/Dragon's Dogma sort of style for combat, or a Tales/Smash Bros/Street Fighter style?
    Burn Legend would make a pretty awesome video game, but you'd lose the psychological depth. Winning a fight on a double-bluff is one of the most satisfying experiences a game can give you.

Metaneural Uplink Node.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

...and now everytime this thread updates, I'm expecting Shards to be out and I'm disappointed.

And yeah, the problem with video games (and why Exalted would never work as one) is the huge variety of things you can do in a GMed game is hugely limited in a video game. The fact is that the developers can't think of everything.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

Especially not the incredibly variety of social actions that are possible in the real world. There are billions of possible ways to carry out a single conversation!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Yea, I've had first hand evidence of that: I have had multiple conversations upon certain subject matters with people that never end quite the same. The conversations Bioware makes are like, NOTHING in comparison to real conversations.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".