New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

That said, they do pretty well for a video game.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Especially not the incredibly variety of social actions that are possible in the real world. There are billions of possible ways to carry out a single conversation!
    I actually was having a conversation about this with a German professor a few years back. Evidently while there are a multitude of ways to go about a conversation most people limit their dialogue to a few rote questions and responses. These so called communicative functions form the background of most conversations. However it is still just the backbone and thus limiting.

O.k. linguistics tangent over back to waiting for Shards.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    And yeah, the problem with video games (and why Exalted would never work as one) is the huge variety of things you can do
    You can say this about pretty much any subject matter. i.e. Mario would make a terrible video game, because of the huge variety of things you could do if it were a tabletop RPG instead. I mean, you can't even ask Luigi what his favorite bagel type is, but you could in a Mario RPG. You can't fashion a crude knife from the bones of slain Koopa and ritually mutilate yourself, but you could in a Mario RPG. You can't choose to light the Princess on fire with your fire-flower and sacrifice her to your dark botanical gods, but you could in a Mario RPG.

Exalted could make a fine video game. For example, who here would not play the Deathlord Dating Sim?

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Exalted could make a fine video game. For example, who here would not play the Deathlord Dating Sim?
    Eh. I don't think there are enough good options in the roster, and everyone would just stick to Faffles and Princess Longname. And you'd still get the "Desus owns you" Bad End half the time, anyway.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I'd be too busy playing the Bioware rendition of a Solar gathering various Exalted to save the world, complete with an Alchemical infected by a non-contagious form of Dissonance.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2012-06-27 at 11:37 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Eh, I'd be too busy playing the Bioware rendition of a Solar gathering various Exalted to save the world, complete with an Alchemical infected by a non-contagious form of Dissonance.
    Reverse-engineer that! Manual of Exalted Power: Pastorals. Don't forget to give the Vanguard caste the old broken Twilight anima power.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of interest, who's going to make versions of old characters in various Shards?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

I'm probably going to make a version of my Zenith for every shard. Especially Burn Legend.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    Reverse-engineer that! Manual of Exalted Power: Pastorals. Don't forget to give the Vanguard caste the old broken Twilight anima power.
    I don't get what your referencing, but I'm guessing Mass effect? maybe? Pastorals sort of throws me off though.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I don't get what your referencing, but I'm guessing Mass effect? maybe? Pastorals sort of throws me off though.
    "Pastors" are often referred to as "Shepherds", as in shepherding a flock of religious believers. I think it's a play on the main character of Mass Effect's name? Dunno, didn't play it. It might be a deeper joke.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, definite Mass Effect reference then.

But I doubt we could actually make a Manual from Shepherd and Co. For one, most of the people in Mass Effect are already Solars. Or Dragon-Blooded if you have Bionics, cause Bionics have a focus on force and teamwork. Sorta. Bionics might be slightly Infernals instead but, hey these things are very open to interpretation.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, Mass Effect is a good example of how one can be amazing and epic while simply being a Heroic Mortal. Though, if there were exaltations available, they'd definitely have a good crop to chose from.

Biotics could be modeled as a mutation+Terrestrial Martial Arts based off said mutation.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Faffles is my waifu!
    (Also Ligier and Chejop)

I believe there is a good ME/Exalted crossover fanfic. Something like mass effect: Glorious solar princess. I dunno.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Faffles is my waifu!
    (Also Ligier and Chejop)

I believe there is a good ME/Exalted crossover fanfic. Something like mass effect: Glorious solar princess. I dunno.
    Glorious Shotgun Princess. The thread was linked to from here not long ago. Personally, however, I prefer the fanfic website thingy. Skips the pages and pages of people talking about it.

The best part, howeveer, is Wuffles.

Note: I've never played Mass Effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The first page in the thread should have a bit of an index. Or you can go read Glorious Solar Princess on Fanfiction.net

There is another Mass Effect/Exalted Cross, Cyclical.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

>.>

<.<

Who wants to play an Exalted//TTGL freeform crossover game?

Hell, why limit it to one anime? Random anime characters falling into Creation.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    >.>

<.<

...Does Asura count?

If not, meh, there's still Zoro and Hawk-Eye.

I really gotta get around to reading TTGL and FMA.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think Asura would count, if he's pretty much invulnerable.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Same could be said for TTGL from the end of the show. Taking him from another point(or, depowered and after the end) could work.

And, you intend for this to be totally freeform?
    Satomi by Elagune

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I think endgame Asura is basically an Essence 10 Titan. But we can go pre-endgame.

(post-credits comic spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alternatively, the "870 million years later" version
    could've somehow been transported to the Exalted world. Perhaps Yasha pulled him out of the way of the meteor, then the resulting impact caused a crack in reality to open up? It closed quickly, but before it did so, the eight plus Asura's family were pulled through...

...Also, I now have a hope that Shards has a sequel.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-28 at 03:53 PM.
    My Steam profile

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Question: does anyone else think that Red Dead Exalted would be an awesome shard?

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

>.>

<.<

Honestly, TTGL would be among the absolute last settings I'd merge with Creation. They just... have a very hard time fitting together, to me.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Honestly, TTGL would be among the absolute last settings I'd merge with Creation. They just... have a very hard time fitting together, to me.
    Assuming you ignore/change the fact that most of Creation seems to be controlled by jerks, they actually have quite a bit incommon. Simon is a Solar, Kamina is either a heroic Mortal or the Lunar mate(if the latter, the Exaltation goes to Nia), the Beastmen are Terrestrials, and Lord Genome is a Sidereal. The first act really maps out to Exalted. The Second is where things get trickier, though you can make a case that the Anti-spirals are more Bronze Factioners.
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

I dare you to claim that Spiral Power doesn't match up with Essence.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Agreed.

So, what were you thinking about regarding this game?
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Characters from anime would probably be limited to around the start of the series.

Mostly, this is because I hate writing fanfic. But I find the idea of various animes being crossed over into Exalted cool.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Really, all I can think of now is plopping Argus, Yasha, and Asura in Exalted, and watching the awesome.

Which character were you thinking of dropping into Creation, exactly? And from when?
    Satomi by Elagune

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Really, all I can think of now is plopping Argus, Yasha, and Asura in Exalted, and watching the awesome.

Which character were you thinking of dropping into Creation, exactly? And from when?
    Augus.

You know, I have a theory about him. Sure, his relentless pursuit of the things he wants is in tune with his Mantra Affinity, Greed, but his talk about how the Great Rebirth is silly, and his final words of "he who stands in the end... is rightous" makes me think that Augus was wiser than them all.
    My Steam profile

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

Augus was a total bro.

I hated him. Yes, he was entertaining. And if he weren't so psychotically violent, I could enjoy his bro-dom. But he was. So I hated him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

Even though Shards is about to drop, anyone interested in some vanilla Exalted? My game of three and a half years is going to be looking for some new players and a Co-Storyteller.