New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

In canon, the Underworld extinguishes an exploded PSV by Word of God.

While I'd have no objections to attempts to run it differently by an ST, that's how canon views it.

Huh. Wind-Cutting Blade Style certainly is interesting, and I actually rather like it. Especially how its Charms become more powerful if you know certain Melee Charms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur Azebol View Post
    The_Snark Your analogy is well chosen, but I beg to differ on the interpretation of Underworld as "solid". It isn't "solid" merely separated from Wyld. The cave You mentioned would be beneath Your basement, hidden away from the forest fires by virtue of being underground. We don't know if said cave is made of flammable stone or inflammable stone or if it contains explosive gas.
    We don't know for sure, but all the evidence points towards non-flammable stone: the existence of Abyssal Charms that specifically target creatures of the Wyld, the fact that shadowlands remain stable in the Wyld long after Creation has melted away all around them, that little anecdote about the protoshinmaic vortex.

Looking at your other comments, I suspect we're disagreeing because your idea of Chaos isn't quite the same as ours. It's infinity, but not absolute, all-encompassing infinity.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2012-04-16 at 09:02 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Simply said, I tend to not equate chaos with one of possibilities springing from it. Because the version of the Wyld as beaten dog of Exaltverse rubs me wrong. And death, end and other things are certainly not infinite. Lets agree to disagree and end this discussion.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Madwand, Mr.Bookworm and AetherialDawn explained it better already. Infinitytm is infinite, period. Anything that we can perceive to be limited in some fashion, is automatically non-infinite. Assume that I'm talking about absolute infinity there. Ok ?
    If it's absolute infinity, then why do Raksha come to Creation? Why are Raksha the only inhabitants of the Wyld that we know of? Why don't we have an infinite amount of Wyld creatures coming to Creation?

The Wyld is infinite possibility, but it isn't absolute infinity.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Finally got my hands on a copy of the Alchemicals book, and now I'm all confused.

What's so bad about Clarity? I keep rereading that section, and it keeps looking to me like it doesn't significantly impair a character, just makes them different. Most of my players and I tend to make logical characters anyway, so I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why high Clarity is anywhere near as problematic as, say, Limit or Resonance, especially with the charm that exists to mitigate the social penalties.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    What's so bad about Clarity? I keep rereading that section, and it keeps looking to me like it doesn't significantly impair a character, just makes them different. Most of my players and I tend to make logical characters anyway, so I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why high Clarity is anywhere near as problematic as, say, Limit or Resonance, especially with the charm that exists to mitigate the social penalties.
    There's nothing inherently bad about Clarity, so long as your character is the kind of person that's okay with its effects. If your character wants to be Doctor Manhattan++, that's cool.

Just like there's nothing inherently bad about Resonance if your character doesn't mind bringing death and horror down upon the innocent. Not everyone gives a damn.

And there's nothing inherently bad with Limit Breaks, either. Plenty of Solars have every reason to act like, say, Heart of Flint, even when they're not Limit Breaking. It's a cold, tough world out there.

But, Clarity may be intentionally less problematic for more character concepts, simply because it's sort of part of an Alchemical's nature. Limit Breaks and Resonance are unnaturally grafted curses laid upon the Exalted by the dying and dead titans. Clarity is just you being a magical robot.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-04-16 at 11:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

It's not!

Alchemicals aren't Cursed (yet), Clarity is just a thing that happens to them. Some find it scary to truly become a perfectly logical machine; others embrace it.

Now, if they get in on a Primordial-ganking or three, they might find a nasty flaw introduced into their nature... or not find it, as the case may be.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Or three? I didn't realize there were that many left. :P
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lochar View Post
    Or three? I didn't realize there were that many left. :P
    Even discounting the yozis (and I wouldn't count them out), there's Auto-kun, Gayia, and Mysterion.

That's three.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

For that matter, what ever happened to the Constelation of Sinew and Dream? Is he one of the neverborn or Yozis now? Did he flee of into the wild, wyld, wonder?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Gayia
    I dunno about that. Luna always seems to be in bishie form when she's with Gaia.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    For that matter, what ever happened to the Constelation of Sinew and Dream? Is he one of the neverborn or Yozis now? Did he flee of into the wild, wyld, wonder?
    You know, it isn't really explained. Sol was the one to take him down, but that doesn't make sense in the first place because of the Geas - though there may be a loophole for the Incarnae when performing their duties. Still, Sol doesn't have soul-destroying weaponry, but it sounds like Cemunian got deep-fried anyway.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    though there may be a loophole for the Incarnae when performing their duties.
    Malfeas-That-Was can order the Geas temporarily revoked, actually, should he seek to wield the Sun against one of the other Primordials.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I just finished playing Asura's Wrath, and it is the most blatantly exalted game i've ever played. It makes me want to figure out how to stat out some of the characters. The titular Asura I have pegged as roughly Essence 4, Slayer caste infernal using malfeas charms and Infernal Monster Style. Augus I have pegged as a high Essence solar. The one that eludes me, however, is Yasha. To me he is clearly a sidereal, but aside from that, I've no clue. I can't figure out what martial arts style he uses (but I'm thinking Violet Bier of Sorrows), or really much else about him.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    So, I just finished playing Asura's Wrath, and it is the most blatantly exalted game i've ever played. It makes me want to figure out how to stat out some of the characters. The titular Asura I have pegged as roughly Essence 4, Slayer caste infernal using malfeas charms and Infernal Monster Style. Augus I have pegged as a high Essence solar. The one that eludes me, however, is Yasha. To me he is clearly a sidereal, but aside from that, I've no clue. I can't figure out what martial arts style he uses (but I'm thinking Violet Bier of Sorrows), or really much else about him.
    Asura could be a Slayer. Alternatively, he could be a Solar Akuma of Malfeas. Specifically the Akuma-ness represents his fall from grace fairly well, along with the fact that his fall also instilled him with a never-ending rage (rather than before, when it was occasionally-ending), and his fall was the source of him somehow transcending his limits and exceeding the power of his fellows.

Augus easily works as a Solar.

(Mr. Bookworm and I played out a fight between a big six-armed brass Slayer that shoots energy blasts, and a grand-daiklave wielding Solar about two weeks ago, although it ended abruptly when he realized that he might have one-shot me earlier in that fight. I questioned him about it, but he hasn't replied yet, so we can't finish it. Still, it was neat.)

Yasha is more of a Solar than a Sidereal. He doesn't bend fate and causality in the way that a Sidereal does, or invoke any of their themes as a teacher or vizier. He's just an agile Solar that fights with martial arts. Remember, Solars get stuff like Seven Shadow Evasion and Godspeed Steps. They can do the ninja archetype very well.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yasha reminds me of a sidereal in more than just his fighting style though. With lines like "When you live among the stars, you lose sight of what happens on the ground." and "Saving the world is no easy task. I played my part as best I could.", it really just smacks of Sidereal themes other than fate and causality to me.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    I dunno about that. Luna always seems to be in bishie form when she's with Gaia.
    Well, it's not just Luna. I always remember the creation of Creation as "Lesbian BDSM between Gaia and Cytherea," though I don't remember where I heard that description.

Besides, I like giving wacky nicknames to primordials.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Simply said, I tend to not equate chaos with one of possibilities springing from it. Because the version of the Wyld as beaten dog of Exaltverse rubs me wrong. And death, end and other things are certainly not infinite. Lets agree to disagree and end this discussion.
    Fair enough. Goodness knows there are places where I diverge from what's in the books and start forging my own canon, too.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think it's really fair to call Gaia "gay", considering she, like almost every other Primordial, has male and female jouten and souls. Cytherea presumably had male and female components as well.

And Luna can freely switch between male, female and anything in between, too.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2012-04-17 at 02:22 AM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

GENDER? WHAT IS THIS SILLY THING YOU CALL GENDER?!?

Seriously though, applying standard train of thought to the primordials (and by extension Luna and the rest of the Incarnae) is a wasted endeavor.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

Trying to find an ST and players for a game...

Just putting it out there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

I'm no longer joining Exalted games hosted on these forums >.>

I do have an idea for a Hegra favored Scourge though.....
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

So, the argument is that Gaia isn't gay because she and Luna can both be male when they hook up?

I call Gaia Gayia because the only lovers I know she's had in canon are (at least primarily) female. Plus I like Gaia + Luna as a lesbian couple because any gay crushes gain a free +10-50% cuteness. The same reason that Isidoros and Szoreny are so great together, and Ledaal Kes is so adorable.

Similarly, I always envision SWLiHN as wearing moe glasses, ship Ligier with most of the incarnae for the Foe Yay angle, and... I should stop before I reveal something really embarrassing.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Firbolg in the Playground

Similarly, I ...ship Ligier with most of the incarnae for the Foe Yay angle...
    Humorously enough, in my Infernals game, one of the PCs was led to where Ligier had been hiding out from Malfeas by none other than the Maiden of Endings.

Together they cooked up a recipe for an N/A-rated weapon to replace Abbadon's original idea of a grand daiklave with a Total Annihilation-like effect; the new version will clean up shadowlands, but will require the PCs to find Soul Mirror and kill the Lover Clad in Raiment of Tears with it, but there's always an ending...
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-04-17 at 02:41 AM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

24. - Top - End - #114

Well, it's not just Luna. I always remember the creation of Creation as "Lesbian BDSM between Gaia and Cytherea," though I don't remember where I heard that description.
    Which one was the dom though? >.>
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Which one was the dom though? >.>
    Gaia, obviously. "Who's your mistress? Who owns your motes? That's right, dump a kilomote right here, baby."
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I don't think it's really fair to call Gaia "gay", considering she, like almost every other Primordial, has male and female jouten and souls. Cytherea presumably had male and female components as well.

And Luna can freely switch between male, female and anything in between, too.
    Really? I don't recall any Primordial ever being referred to as having more than one gender.

Not that it makes attempts to grade sentient geography on the Kinsey scale any less ridiculous, mind. They seem much more likely to enter into relationships as dictated by their mythos.

27. - Top - End - #117

NecromancerGuy

I believe I found the thread responsible for starting this interesting discussion: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...stions-(help!-!)
    LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Seriously though, applying standard train of thought to the primordials (and by extension Luna and the rest of the Incarnae) is a wasted endeavor.
    Nah. There are some constants, like Malfeas, Isidoros, and Qaf always being male.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
    Really? I don't recall any Primordial ever being referred to as having more than one gender.
    This is actually canon. Each Primordial self-identifies as one gender in particular, regardless of how their jouten are equipped.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Can anyone provide tips on what to do with the rest of my sheet for Lix's game? I posted it there, but all I got was that it's accepted. I am allowed 50 bonus points, but I'm not sure what to do with them.
    Diospyros: The Breaker of Order
    Spoiler
    Show

Exalt Type and Caste: Infernal
    Original Caste: Fiend
    New Caste: Shatterer
    Anima:
    Swiftly darting lines of silver, which all swoop around him, upward and outward, when his Anima Banner displays, forming the shape of a massive spike pointing downward.
    Motivation:
    To create chaos through encouraging distrust in law’s effectiveness.
    Urge
    To create chaos by encouraging distrust in law’s effectiveness.
    Background:

Attributes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Primary (Social): 10
    Secondary (Physical): 8
    Tertiary (Mental): 7

Physical:
    Strength ●●●
    Dexterity ●●●
    Stamina ●●●●●

Social:
    Charisma ●●●●
    Manipulation ●●●●●
    Appearance ●●●●

Mental
    Perception ●●●●
    Intelligence ●●●
    Wits ●●●

Abilities (Specializations +)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Note: Place [C]aste and [F]avoured tags, for clarity.]
    Total without BP/XP: 60

Archery
    Martial Arts
    Melee
    [F]Thrown ●●●●●
    War

Integrity
    Performance
    Presence ●●●●
    Resistance ●●●
    Survival

Craft
    [F]Investigate ●●●●●
    Lore ●●●●
    Medicine ●●●
    Occult

Athletics ●●●
    [F]Awareness ●●●●●
    [F]Dodge ●●●●●
    [F]Larceny ●●●●●
    Stealth ●●●

[C]Bureaucracy ●●●●●
    [C]Linguistics ●●●●●
    [C]Ride
    [C]Sail
    [C]Socialize ●●●●●

Backgrounds, Artifacts and Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Backgrounds:
    Artifacts: ●●●● (+● from Infamy)
    Backing (Kimbery): ●
    Backing (Reclamation)(Infamy): ●●●●●
    Cult: ● ●
    Infamy: ●●●●●
    Influence (Demon Realms): ●●●●●
    Influence (Kimbery’s Progeny): ●
    Manse (Elloge): ●●●
    Mentor (Reclamation Yozis)(Infamy): ●●●●●
    Resources(Malfeas)(Infamy): ●●●●●
    Resources (Creation): ●●●●

Artifacts and Equipment:
    Artifact: ● (From Infamy) [Vitriol-baptized Jade Hearthstone Amulet], UNNAMED
    [Exalted 2nd edition and Manual of Exalted Power – Infernals]
    Artifact: ●● [Acid-Rime Space-Warping Needle], Gapfinder
    The icy green dart flies straight and true to its target, finding holes in every obstruction, then melting on impact to eventually refreeze in its owner’s hand.
    [Manual of Exalted Power - Infernals]
    Artifact: ●● [Brown-Scaled Topaz Vapor Mantle], Life-feigning Sheath
    The cloth rustles unnervingly, before leaping to wind around its owner and cover him completely. Small wisps of fog occasionally leak from underneath.
    [Manual of Exalted Power - Infernals]

Manse: ●●●
    Stone: [Glyph-Voice Stone] (Vitriol-baptized Jade Hearthstone Amulet) [Broken-winged Crane]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Creation Points: [(Value of Manse x2)+bonus from Manse Flaws]
    > [List what the points are spent on]

Resources: ●●●●● in Malfeas, ●●●● in Creation.
    He’s practically a Yozi’s equal. Hard not to have an amazing amount of resources in Malfeas, at that point. The money in Creation comes from support from Yozi cults and valuables carried from Malfeas.
    Spoiler
    Show

> [List of purchases, and sources]
    13 dots of Background are unspent.

Charms
    Kimbery
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellencies
    First Kimbery Excellency
    [Charms]
    Mother Sea Mastery
    Spiteful Sea Tincture
    Sea Within Veins Prana
    Sea Within Veins Prana
    Ichor Flux Tendrils
    Ichor Flux Tendrils
    Tidal Renewal Discipline
    Sea Dissolves Herself
    Intolerable Burning Truths: Mother Before Daughter
    All Things Betray
    All-Devouring Depths Shintai
    Bitter Heart Unbleeding
    Bitter Heart Unbleeding

Ebon Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellencies
    First Ebon Dragon Excellency
    Shadow Spite Curse
    Sorcerous Enlightenment of the Ebon Dragon
    [Charms]
    Witness to Darkness
    Seeing is Blindness
    Nemesis Self Imagined Anew
    Puissance Mimicry Intuition
    Black Mirror Shintai
    Naked Wicked Souls
    Naked Wicked Souls

Malfeas
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellencies
    [Charms]
    Devil-Hardened Body
    Devil-Hardened Body
    Devil-Hardened Body
    Devil-Hardened Body
    Devil-Hardened Body

She Who Lives In Her Name
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellencies
    [Charms]
    Factual Determination Analysis
    Essence-Dissecting Stare
    Counter-Conceptual Interposition
    Mind-Hand Manipulation
    Unseen Force Application
    Principle-Invoking Onslaught
    Will-Crushing Force

Diospyros
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellencies
    First Diospyros Excellency
    Diospyros Mythos Exultant
    Ascendency Mantle of Diospyros
    [Charms]
    False Rejeuvenation
    Weapon of Deceitful Mist
    Cloaking Trust
    Redirected Counterattack

Heretical
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellencies
    [Charms]
    Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger
    The Tempest of Inward Focus
    The Flame of the Rising Phoenix
    The Face of the Titans
    The Dance of the Thrashing Dragon

52/55 Charms
    Combat Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Combat:

Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gapfinder:
    Acc: 9 [(((Dex 3+Thrown 5)+1)+Any other dice bonuses)] | Damage: [Str 3+2L] +2L unsoakable acid (hardness-ignoring)| Parry DV: [(((Dex 3+Thrown 5)+0)= 8 /2 round up) = Base 4 + Modifiers] | Rate: 3

Dodge DV: X [((((Dex 3+Dodge 5)+Essence 6)+Bonus Dice From Equipment 0) = 14 /2 round up) = Base 7 + Modifiers]

Permanent Charms (Effects):
    Mother Sea Mastery (6 bonus successes to rolls to harvest food froom liquid or move effectively and safely in liquid, no penalty to move while submerged, no fatigue for self or mount from aforementioned actions)
    Sea within Veins Prana (On injury, acid sprays from self. Also, immune to non-magical sickness.)

Soak:
    Bashing: 11 [((Stamina 5+Armour 6)+Any other Modifiers)]
    Lethal: 7 [(((Stamina 5 /2 = 3)+Armour 4)+Any other Modifiers)]
    Aggravated: 4 [Armour 4+Any other Modifiers)]

Hardness:
    Bashing: 2 [Highest value from any source]
    Lethal: 2 [Highest value from any source]
    Aggravated: 2 [Highest value from any source]

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    -4 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    X [ ]

Mental Defenses:
    Dodge MDV: [((((Willpower+Integrity)+Relevant Specialty)+Essence)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round down) + Any other bonuses.] ((((7+0)+0)+6)+0)/2)+0=6
    Charisma Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Charisma+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.] (((4+4)+0)+0)/2)+0=4
    >Performance: [(((Charisma+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.] (((4+0)+0)+0)/2)+0=2
    Manipulation Parry MDV:
    >Presence: [(((Manipulation+Presence)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.] (((5+4)+0)+0)/2)+0=5
    >Performance: [(((Manipulation+Performance)+Relevant Specialty)+Any other dice modifiers) /2 round up) + Any other bonuses.] (((5+0)+0)+0)/2)+0=3

Virtues:
    Compassion ●
    Conviction ●●●●
    Temperance ●●●
    Valor ●

Virtue Flaw/Flawed Virtue:
    Isn’t that only for Solars?
    Intimacies:
    Kimbery
    The feeling of having tricked someone without actual deceit (‘He actually fell for it!”)
    His succession, the future Shatterers
    Languages:
    ??? (Native)

Willpower: ●●●●●●●

Essence:
    Permanent: ●●●●●●
    Personal: Current (25) [(Permanent Essence x3)+Willpower]
    Peripheral: Current (58) (6) [(Permanent Essence x7)+Willpower)+Sum of Virtues]

Bonus Points and XP:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus Points:

Total: 50/50 | Flaws:

Experience Points. Spent: X | Left: Y | Total: Z

New Caste: Shatterer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anima Banner: A Shatterer’s Caste Mark is a fine grid of silver lines, with a single, jarring, unshaped gap just slightly off-center. Their silver Animas are darker than those of Lunars, and sometimes tinted green. Their iconic anima images are usually huge patterns with glaring flaws.
    Anima Power: A Shatterer generally wishes to be able to create chaos more than once in a given city. When he performs an action which sets off a chain reaction, he may spend five motes. If he does, anybody who was aware of his role in catalyzing the disaster will forget all details about him once he leaves their sight, remembering only that they had seen a nondescript someone-or-something starting it. If they knew of him outside this event, they do not lose that knowledge, only the knowledge of him as the cause of the event. Victims of this effect can resist it by paying an amount of Willpower equal to the Shatterer’s Essence rating (max 5).

Precipitous Fiat: Unbroken Promise
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Breaker of Order enjoys shattering the expectations of others. In order for an Infernal to benefit from this Act of Villainy, they must promise something to another, possibly in exchange for something. When their side of the bargain comes due, they must fulfill it in a way permitted by the phrasing of the promise, yet entirely separate from (and if possible, opposed to) the implied method or result of fulfilling this. After this is complete, the Infernal may roll his Conviction, reducing his Limit pool by one, to a minimum of zero. If the one to whom the promise was made was expecting this deception, the Infernal gains no benefit (unless their change was to provide the implied fulfillment, and this was intended from the moment of making the promise).

The Diospyran Urge: The Urge for Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those with a Diospyran Urge wish to spread chaos as much as possible, solely for the nonreason that “If nobody knows what to expect, it’s fun!” The fact that this non-logic might lead to Creation becoming the Wyld is generally dismissed with “But OUR chaos has Rules”. These “Rules” tend to be unusual, nonsensical, or rule-related, and are often different from Infernal to Infernal – Diospyros himself has the one rule of Not Breaking Any Rules or Otherwise Being Dishonest (at Least In Exact Wording). This nonsense seems good enough for them, and there will only ever be one Diospyran at a time… as far as we know.
    The Torment of Diospyros:
    When an Infernal with a Diospyran Urge reaches 10 Limit, he suffers the Torment of Diospyros. For one day, he is forced to embody the worst possible interpretation of Diospyros’ One Rule. He becomes incapable of saying anything untrue, lying by omission, or even phrasing things so as to imply a falsehood. Not only that, anyone who he speaks to whose Dodge MDV is lower than the Infernal’s (Essence + Primary Virtue) automatically believes him to be lying on account of a “reputation” for falsehoods which suddenly appears clearly in their memory. Finally, any positive Intimacies of the Infernal also suffer this total honesty, complete with spreading distrust.

New Charms:
    General Yozi Charms:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First Diospyros Excellency – Essence Overwhelming:
    The Breaker of Order is insightful when analyzing others, but tends to be hasty in carrying out his own plans to destabilize them. He seeks to destroy all order in Creation’s societies by twisting the intentions of their customs against themselves and each other.
    Characters may apply this Charm to actions relating to discovering weaknesses so as to use them to create chaos. Diospyros’ Excellency also benefits attempts to convince others to accept bargains that will eventually hurt them. The Charm may assist any attempt to infiltrate or falsely join a group that creates order, as long as the eventual goal is to bring them down from within. It may also be used in an attempt to make a small change that sets off a chain reaction. The Charm does not help to persuade others to be cautious, nor can it repair inherent weaknesses of a plan.

Diospyros Mythos Exultant:
    The Breaker of Order thrives on Chaos. One perceived target within (Essence) yards is afflicted by a curse of ill luck. The next time they attempt a dice-pool roll for an action, an amount of successes equal to the stunt rating are subtracted from their total. Also, they can botch that action even if they roll no 1s, as long as they have no successes. This can be resisted by paying (stunt rating) Willpower.

Ascendancy Mantle of Diospyros:
    If the Infernal ever performs a selfless action, they gain one point of Limit. If that action would give them Limit anyway, double the amount of Limit they gain instead (to a maximum of 1.5 times their Essence rating).

Sorcerous Enlightenment of Diospyros:
    Diospyros likes all trickeries, but the more extravagant they are, the more he supports them. Spells that cause mental influence or alter a target’s perceptions only cost ¾ as many motes of Essence (rounded down) when cast using this Charm. Any spell whose purpose is to remove or block mental influence cannot be cast with this Charm.

Non-General Charms:
    New Keyword: False: Many of Diospyros’ Charms involve claiming to produce some effect which is not within his power. These Charms have the False keyword. If they are Obvious, the general effect which is visible is the one which the Charm pretends to have, not the one it actually has.

Spoiler
    Show
    False Rejuvenation
    Cost: 4 m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Simple
    Keywords: False, Illusion, Touch, Obvious
    Duration: One day
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    Miraculous healing can be an excellent bribe. However, healing is not within the purview of Diospyros, so he resorts to illusions (as with most things). The target of this Charm appears to heal three health levels, starting at the deepest ones filled. To anyone who looks at the injured person, they appear to have been healed. To the injured person, they feel healed, but suffer distracting aches (generally explained away as aftereffects which will fade) which provide the same penalty as the injuries did. When the Charm’s duration expires, the injuries remanifest. The person “healed” can see through the effect by spending 3 Willpower, though most people will accept what seems like miraculous healing. People viewing the effect can see through it by paying 4 Willpower, as they don’t have the “aches” as a clue to the healing’s falseness.

Weapon of Deceitful Mist:
    Cost: 5m, 1 wp; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Combo-OK, False, Illusion, Obvious
    Duration: One scene
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    Even tricksters must sometimes resort to intimidation, but most weapons which are easily concealed are not excellent for intimidation. This Charm creates a slightly cloudy image of any generic artifact weapon with no special effects. Anyone other than the Infernal creating it who does not win a reflexive resisted roll of (Perception + Awareness) or (Perception + Lore) opposed by the Infernal’s (Manipulation + (the relevant weapon skill)) will feel attacks with the weapon as though it was real, have their attacks parried as though it was real, and see wounds on others attacked with this weapon as though it was real. If they receive enough wounds from this weapon that they would normally fall unconscious, begin dying, or die, they fall unconscious from shock and will not wake up until the scene ends (at earliest). At the scene’s end, wounds from this weapon appear to miraculously heal as the weapon vanishes into smoke.

Cloaking Trust:
    Cost: 2 m, 0+ wp; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Emotion, Illusion
    Duration: Varies, minimum one day
    Prerequisite Charms: Any Charm with the False keyword, First Excellency of Diospyros

It is generally useful if one who is tricked does not realize that they were tricked. This Charm supplements the action of using a False Charm. The first part of it activates on using this Charm: Anybody who believed that the False Charm was producing the effect it imitated feels trust that the Infernal was actually doing what he pretended to do. This is an Emotion effect. The second part activates when the False Charm expires, and the true effects reveal themselves: Those who are aware of the change in what the Charm affected (for example, “healed” wounds reopening) will internally attribute that change to something other than the Charm doing something other than what it seemed to do. This belief lasts for one day, and is an Illusion effect. Beings affected by this Charm can resist its effects by paying one Willpower, plus one additional Willpower for each Willpower the Infernal spends on using the Charm.
    Redirected Counterstrike
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious, Shaping
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Diospyros Mythos Exultant

Diospyros believes that the best way to avoid injury is to be the only one with a weapon. To achieve this, he twists space in a circle around an incoming blow, protecting himself from injury without actually affecting the weapon. On activating this Charm, the Infernal and his attacker switch places, but the weapon (or projectile in the case of ranged weapons) continues moving. Treat this as a perfect dodge, followed by a counterattack using the attacker’s weapon, Attributes, and Abilities. After the counterattack is resolved, the two switch back. This Charm is affected by the Imperfection of the Breaker of Order.

Imperfection of the Breaker of Order:
    All of Diospyros’ methods of perfect defense rely to some degree on surprise. For every time an attacker has seen a Charm with this Imperfection used in a scene, the Infernal must pay 1 additional mote to activate the same Charm against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

If it's absolute infinity, then why do Raksha come to Creation? Why are Raksha the only inhabitants of the Wyld that we know of ? Why don't we have an infinite amount of Wyld creatures coming to Creation ?
    GWM states that Raksha themselves don't know what lured them to Creation. There is alluded that Creation have some sort of pull on the surrounding Wyld. Unshaped infected with curiosity about this pull, being as wishy-washy as they are compared to opposite side of too stiff Primordials, do the moth-fly-after-flame routine.

Why only Raksha ? Because Raksha live on the border between Creation and Pure Chaos where Unshaped form. Deep Wyld, Middlemarches and Bordermarches are all what was Creation but was torn-off from the Loom of Fate in greater and smaller degree.

Only Raksha show up probably because authorsSamsara say so. Or perhaps Luna does her job and Lolnoes other things from creeping in ? It is written that Daystar snacks on Wyld inhabitants on daily basis.

The Wyld is infinite possibility, but it isn't absolute infinity.
    Do You understand that this contradicts itself ?
    IF Wyld isn't absolute infinity it can't be infinite possibility. This is similar subtle difference between Primordials and Yozis. First ones are unimaginable Titans that rose off the Wyld. By their own indomitable will. Second ones are hollow shells crippled by Solars to fit human understanding and become conquered monsters.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.