New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread X: Playground Cosmic Principle

Golentan, what stops Deathlol from sending patsy to reply in it's name ? High ranking Elementals can do that. Or, worst comes to worst ... counterspell it ? They are all, after all, expert necromancers themselves.

The same with summoning Kukla, first You summon it's guardians. In Your example, Deathlord can kill itself since it's not forbidden ... or have handy necromancer puppets ready to summon him back. Since nothing forbids multiple summoning of someone.

And about summoning FaFL ... it's not the best idea, I kinda think he can break summoning circle with Magic-Shattering Strike or something like that. And You don't want to make him angry, don't You ?
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    So, what are the limits of the spell Summon Ghost? I assume Ghosts, Hungry Ghosts, etc. are all options. Are nemissaries? Are Nephwracks?
    Nemissaries yes, nephwracks no. Being infected with Whispers immunizes a ghost from summoning, and allows it to use necromancy itself.

Yes, this includes Deathlords.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-04-21 at 11:33 AM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I'd almost say 'limitations of the Summon Ghost spell are the same as the Summon Elemental spell'.

In other words, yes, you can summon FaFL if you want. You can also summon the Kukla if you want, but I never said either of those were good ideas.
    Actually, you can't just summon the Kukla, he's got a bunch of delegates who take his place if you try. So you have to summon and defeat those first, giving Heaven ample time to prepare to stop you. Not saying it's impossible, of course, but it's not quite as easy as the current rules indicate summoning a Deathlord would be.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    In attempting to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution, they end up with some absurdly labyrinthine policy that has them rotating wardrobes, pronouns, and gender identity every day.
    "Today's a Moonday, so the root is 'o', yea?"
    "Aye."
    "And the sky's dark, so we add a 'j' to the end."
    "No, it's only 'j' if it's pre-light, we're post-light, so it's 'g', don't forget."
    "Are you wearing the tog skirt? You should be wearing the cog kilt, c'mon guys, this isn't that complicated."
    "Don't forget to sneeze after inflecting on the 'p' sound."
    "Can't we just simplify this to-"
    "Nope."
    "No."
    "That'd be downright disrespectful, we reckon."

"So to begin Anaze's first soul meeting, we've determined that tojep*sneeze*nyernyantog*yodel*hehe's pronoun is-"
    "Sun's come up, guv'nor, that be wrong."

~

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    "Today's a Moonday, so the root is 'o', yea?"
    "Aye."
    "And the sky's dark, so we add a 'j' to the end."
    "No, it's only 'j' if it's pre-light, we're post-light, so it's 'g', don't forget."
    "Are you wearing the tog skirt? You should be wearing the cog kilt, c'mon guys, this isn't that complicated."
    "Don't forget to sneeze after inflecting on the 'p' sound."
    "Can't we just simplify this to-"
    "Nope."
    "No."
    "That'd be downright disrespectful, we reckon."

"So to begin Anaze's first soul meeting, we've determined that tojep*sneeze*nyernyantog*yodel*hehe's pronoun is-"
    "Sun's come up, guv'nor, that be wrong."

~
    "That's it, this is RIDICULOUS. From now on, our name is ♅."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Nemissaries yes, nephwracks no. Being infected with Whispers immunizes a ghost from summoning, and allows it to use necromancy itself.

Yes, this includes Deathlords.
    Right, so there is a canon reason my joke doesn't work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

I do not like this interpretation. Because unlike summon elemental, summon ghost has no term limit on a service clause. So, for 115 motes maximum (doable with a starting circle using blood sacrifices as per the core book) you can summon the Lolcat, giving him no chance to resist your wiles, and say

"See this rock? I like this rock. You are to stand here, not talking to anybody under any circumstances or interacting with anyone in any way unless they interfere with the rock, and you are to guard this rock for all eternity. The only exception is necromancers, who you are to counter the spells of and destroy the instant they reveal themselves to you."

And now, assuming the rock is imperishable (like, say, if you had the foresight to make it jade), a deathlord will stand in one spot unable to hurt anyone unless they touch a rock and unable to give his forces orders. Forever.

And you might say that the neverborn would be able to break him out. But I'm pretty sure that all evidence points to the fact that outside their tombs their limit to effect things is whispering at people angrily. So they send nephwracks to get their boy back on the job by using Banish Ghost, only when they cast it Lolcat counterspells and kills them.

And you can do this to every deathlord. Deathlord threat now ended. You can make it more effective by forcing them to redeem all the abyssals first.
    One slight mistake you have made in the wording of his task, even if this works.
    In order to bind him you must be a necromancer (to cast summon ghost) and have revealed yourself to him (by binding him), so you just ordered him to kill you instantly, also you ordered him to counter the very binding spell you put upon him
    So at the very least this would take a different wording.

On a completely different note, do anyone here know what the abyssal charm Dream-Slaying Defense is supposed to do?
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2012-04-21 at 04:34 PM.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

8. - Top - End - #158

GnomePirate

Dream-Slaying Defense works almost like Solar charm Chaos-Repelling Pattern by creating a bubble of Underworld around the Deathknight. Handy when You fall into Wyld-Zone, and don't wish to be turned inside out because it's funny.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur Azebol View Post
    Dream-Slaying Defense works almost like Solar charm Chaos-Repelling Pattern by creating a bubble of Underworld around the Deathknight. Handy when You fall into Wyld-Zone, and don't wish to be turned inside out because it's funny.
    Do you happen to know where this was clarified? I might have to refer to it, and the effect while one that would make sense, isn't immediately obvious from, the flavor text and the mirror.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Summon Ghost is also a Sorcery spell.

Just so you know.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    On a completely different note, do anyone here know what the abyssal charm Dream-Slaying Defense is supposed to do?
    As others have indicated, it's sort of a souped-up version of Chaos-Repelling Pattern: instead of just enforcing Creation's laws on the Wyld, it shuts down all Shaping effects near the Abyssal. The Wyld won't mutate you. Raksha can't use shaping attacks or Wyld stunts and a lot of other crazy tricks. Sidereal astrological tricks stop working. Spells that warp the body, like Blood of Boiling Oil and Wood Dragon's Claw, fail if they're brought too close to you. All those lovely Yozi Charms with the Shaping keyword, like Mind-Hand Manipulation and Loom-Snarling Deception and most Shintai Charms, are negated.

It's actually a pretty powerful Charm.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    One slight mistake you have made in the wording of his task, even if this works.
    In order to bind him you must be a necromancer (to cast summon ghost) and have revealed yourself to him (by binding him), so you just ordered him to kill you instantly, also you ordered him to counter the very binding spell you put upon him
    So at the very least this would take a different wording.

Well, unless specifically called out a spell can't be counterspelled after it's had its effect. Which summon ghost isn't, so he can't counterspell his own necromantic bindings. But as for the him-killing-you-part... yeah, I was kind of assuming that immediately upon completing the spell and setting the bindings you would have to run like hell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Right, so there is a canon reason my joke doesn't work.
    You laugh! This is the kind of thing people suggest on forums, right alongside 'Counter-Conceptual Interposition can destroy the universe,' 'Chejop Kejak will murder you for so much as buying coffee in Yu-Shan' and...

...yeah okay, I laugh too.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    You laugh! This is the kind of thing people suggest on forums, right alongside 'Counter-Conceptual Interposition can destroy the universe,' 'Chejop Kejak will murder you for so much as buying coffee in Yu-Shan' and...

...yeah okay, I laugh too.
    Don't forget "Nexus becomes controlled by an Alchemical Emissary"
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

What's funny about that?

This question brought to you by the Foundation for the Alchemical Urbanization of Creation.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably that the capitol of capitalism in Creation would get a communist as its enforcer.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    *snip*

It's actually a pretty powerful Charm.
    Its things like this that expose the underlying physics of Exalted.

Basically? All the world is a dream.
    They just have differing levels of subjectivity/solidity.
    But the Void is basically the most "Solid" or "Objective" of them all.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Probably that the capitol of capitalism in Creation would get a communist as its enforcer.
    It helps that the Alchemical is from Sova.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

20. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground

The allcaps just made me think of the POWERTHIRST: EXALTED EDITION copypastas.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    It helps that the Alchemical is from Sova.
    Please don't let him introduce Sovan honey rats. PLEASE don't let him introduce Sovan honey rats.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Please don't let him introduce Sovan honey rats. PLEASE don't let him introduce Sovan honey rats.
    Her actually.

Also, we have a miniature terminator....
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

GnomePirate

Must remind her of that.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

I'm making a Lunar and have a question, if anyone can help:

The Armour-Forming Technique Charm (Lunars p.160) says it renders non-moonsilver/moon faced mail armour unwearable. If I have moonsilver armour, can I use this Charm as well, or will they not stack?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-04-24 at 04:49 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

They'll stack.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I know I had the information somewhere, but there's a irc Exalted Chat somewhere. Anyone know what it's information is? And, if they do, would the OP put it in the first post? Seems like one of those useful things to have.

Anyways, is their a firm number on the Tepet legions that were destroyed by the Bull of the North?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

I have a Blast Group on AIM going for Exalted and general gaming.

Which is where this idea came from, random exalted character generatio.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gek/edit?pli=1

Currently, only the fluff is up. Mechanics are still being worked out.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    I know I had the information somewhere, but there's a irc Exalted Chat somewhere. Anyone know what it's information is? And, if they do, would the OP put it in the first post? Seems like one of those useful things to have.

Anyways, is their a firm number on the Tepet legions that were destroyed by the Bull of the North?
    http://www.sorcery.net:9091/?channels=exalted

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

So something occurs to me:

Solars, aside from Zeniths, start out with no idea what they are or where their powers come from. They may have heard some vague propaganda about Anathema and pacts with demons, but they won't know anything about the specific abilities they will gain in most cases.

Infernals, on the other hand, know what they are. Not merely do they gain a coadjutor to advise them, but soon after their Exaltation they travel to Malfeas and are told point-blank what they are and what they are for. Even ignoring the coadjutor everything is made abundantly clear (which may be part of why people like Infernals so much: they have much more leave to be genre-savvy).

So, what if the coadjutor was missing? What if all the green radiation powers were missing? What if, instead, they were shiny sun powers? In short:

What if a Solar was raised as an Infernal?

Suppose that a demon appears shortly after a Solar's Exaltation, and using their demonly charm they convince said Solar to travel to Hell with them. There they get the full Infernal treatment: meetings with Yozis, hanging out at the Thing, the works. Could you convince the Solar that they were an Infernal? How long could you keep the guy deceived? Indefinitely?

Keep in mind that this Solar would not be an Akuma or anything of that sort. Normal Solar, normal Solar powers, but told by everyone they meet that they are a GSP.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    snip
    All Zeniths have visions, but the other Solars can too. And then Lytek always leaves vague memories that they used to rule the world and it was a whole lot better (even though it wasn't), so they know who they are.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting