New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

That was meant to read PS2 >.> But yeah, PC's work too. Just make sure it is something that can get hot.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

2. - Top - End - #512
    Banned

Thanks for the hugs, everyone~

~

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

*hugs* to those who need it or want it.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

4. - Top - End - #514

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Do you have any old games consoles or wardrobes?
    Couple of hiding places:

Inside the PC hardware port thingy.
    In a sofa (Usually they have hesian or sumin at the bottom, good place to hide stuff).
    Down the back of a wardrobe.
    Inside books (Extra points for an ironic title)
    The base of lamps/inside lamps
    Vases

Those are all hiding places I have used for stuff, and when I've lost the weight and feel confident enough to go shoping, I'll be using them again >.<

Also *hugs for people who need them* Seems like this has not been a good day for telling people stuff. Unless they are grandfathers.
    Those are all good ideas... I don't have a wardrobe, though (nor do I know where said hardware port thingy is, but I'd have to go to a lot of trouble to reach it anyway). I can use:

- The space behind my medium TV, or the space behind the trunk it's sitting on (that'd be more effective than it sounds, considering no-one looks back there).

- Under my chair (it's kind of heavy, and the bottom nearly touches the ground - I'm sure they wouldn't look there).

- Under the entertainment system with my small TV (I don't wanna do that, I saw a spider crawl down there the other day >.>).

- Somewhere on the entertainment system itself (I'd probably knock it off by accident >.>).

- That set of drawers in the other room that we sort of left there after giving away the rest of the bunk bed I inexplicably had - wait, that's it, that's the one. Thanks! n.n

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Thanks for the hugs, everyone~

~
    *More hugs*~

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

You've mentioned a couple of times that the price is the limiting factor in you getting a driving license so I hope you don't mind me asking but how much does it cost to get a license where you live?
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

6. - Top - End - #516

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    You've mentioned a couple of times that the price is the limiting factor in you getting a driving license so I hope you don't mind me asking but how much does it cost to get a license where you live?
    I'm not certain. My cousins say it's free, but I'm not sure about that... I can't see it being much more than 20 or so dollars, but my dad insists that we don't have money. Even though we do. >.>

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    I'm not certain. My cousins say it's free, but I'm not sure about that... I can't see it being much more than 20 or so dollars, but my dad insists that we don't have money. Even though we do. >.>

~Bianca
    20$? Are you sure? Seems like there are a couple of zeros missing. I had to pay a lot more then that here (around 65000kr for two lectures and 24 driving lessons with an instructor at 6500-8000kr a pop plus a written exam for 8000kr and a driving test for 12000kr or around 2700$).

If it's so little is there anything stopping you from just paying for it yourself?
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-21 at 07:26 PM.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

20$? Are you sure? Seems like there are a couple of zeros missing. I had to pay a lot more then that here (around 65000kr for two lectures and 24 driving lessons with an instructor at 6500-8000kr a pop plus a written exam for 8000kr and a driving test for 12000kr or around 2700$).

If it's so little is there anything stopping you from just paying for it yourself?
    I'm from Texas (every state in America does it a little differently), and the course for me cost about $350 and the license about $20. Still nothing to sneeze at, but not anywhere close to three grand.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-04-21 at 07:48 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

9. - Top - End - #519

The license itself is dirt cheap.

Training for the license, less cheap.

Insurance to actually make use of the license, especially when you happen to be a teenage boy*, that's where the costs really start to pile up.

*(If you want to take this up with insurance companies, complete with bringing your parents into it, be my guest. Otherwise, they can't go off anything other than legal ID.)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Banned

~Bianca
    Google, mate.
    Getting my license is cheaper than renewing my ID, but I'm an adult; I don't really even need my permit first (though I hear that's changed in the last decade >.<). Does your school have a drivers Ed course? That counts towards getting your permit I think.

Kind of wish Pffh's method was more common, except the numberof people who drive without license, insurance or registration is already pretty high, and I don't suppose stricter guidelines would improve the quality of driver...

11. - Top - End - #521

Physical distance. I'm too far to get to the Sec. of State's office without a car. :/

I already have a permit, I just need a license. Now that I think about it, though...

*Facepalm* They sold my insurance after they got my permit. Just, what.

In lighter news.; My cousin gots a girlfriend! After five minutes of talking, she suggested doing my nails, giving me makeup and going shopping for clothes.

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    Good for you, Bianca. And hugs all around.

One of the things I kind of find funny is when people (not my family or close friends though) throw insults calling me girly, because I just go "k" while actually being kind of pleased that they noticed. Oh, I know it's meant to be derogatory, but it makes me giggle maniacally when it happens. Like the one time the guy in the cube across from me was telling me that I giggled like a girl, or that I had the same reaction his wife did to one of his usual rants. Then again, my sense of humor runs black sometimes

I'm pretty thick-skinned when it comes to transphobia, since I work in a group with a bunch of programmers who are REAL MEN with BUZZCUTS and TRUCKS and POWER TOOLS and don't hold with that queer nonsense, and hurl those kinds of insults around all day, so I've gotten very good at smiling and responding in kind, to throw them off the scent. That and I've found "Love you too, <name> " to be a fantastic response, since it generally leaves them nowhere to go rhetorically. Wish I'd realized that at school.

Dysphoria
    Spoiler
    Show

Was miserable last night as I took a look at an old picture of mine form when I graduated and saw how incredibly "wrong" I looked, and how I don't look all that different now, and just felt like nothing would ever get better because I'm always waiting for a better time or a more opportune moment, but tomorrow and tomorrow keep creeping in their petty pace from day to day.

That and I somehow stumbled on some lunatic blog discussing how my favorite show is not in fact a mostly utopian vision of a society of tolerance and acceptance, but really the picture of a hyper-traditionalist utopia where all those people who believe in foolish things like common respect and understanding, or dare to*gasp* defy the absolute cultural mandates of some ill-defined "nature" are shown what disgusting aberrations they really are.

In short, I haven't felt so miserable in a long time, and to top the ice cream sundae of happiness, I have to work all this weekend. Bleh
    *hugs*

It's more the cost of insurance, vehicle, and gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    The license itself is dirt cheap.

Training for the license, less cheap.

Insurance to actually make use of the license, especially when you happen to be a teenage boy*, that's where the costs really start to pile up.

*(If you want to take this up with insurance companies, complete with bringing your parents into it, be my guest. Otherwise, they can't go off anything other than legal ID.)
    Yeah, this. I'm an eighteen-year-old guy. Therefore, obviously I'm more likely to get in an accident, so insurance costs an arm and a leg. And it's the right leg, so I can't even drive once I pay for insurance because I don't have the limb for the accelerator and brakes anymore.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Here in Washington, a license is $25 if you're under 40.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

Wow, the thread sure is moving fast these days. My days have been pretty calm, so that's nice. I'll just offer up *hugs* for whoever wants/needs them, and some specfific hugs:

@ Astrella, Bianca & Qaera: *Hugs* for all of you, and may you find plenty of patience in the future. Sounds like you'll need it with all the -phobias and -isms around.

@ Selpharia: you get a anti-ism *hug* as well, and a extra-special hug for the dysphoria *hug*
    LGBTA+itP

Neat-looking avatar by Ninja Chocobo.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

It occurred to me many people here needed hugs, so that's what I'll give them.
    Also, have all rainbow cookies. With Skittles.

@Arachu: I remember your car woes! It's very suspect your parents would tell you contradicting information. Either they're very uninformed but unwilling to admit that, either they're doing their best to discourage you from driving a car. Google is going to be your best friend here.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

She's not quite that crazy. Crazy enough to think there's a bug in her laptop's power light that makes ads pop up at voice commands, but not enough to drag mine into it. >.>

Well, there was that one time... I left my browser open that day, though. Shouldn't close it tab-by-tab anyway.

Right, though... I might be able to get some with Dylan at some point. They aren't letting me get a license (last time I asked he said something about money and suggested that I'd have to cut my hair - which I will not do) and we don't live in town, so it wouldn't really be plausible without help.

When I get it, of course, I'm going to hide it - if she sees that I'm wearing polish, I'll tell her that I bought some. She won't find it or my Black Amethyst lotion (which she already knows about).

Maybe I'll tape it to the bottom of my chair? They won't see that coming...

~Bianca
    It took me a minute to work out why you were talking about laptops, then I remembered I didn't translate into American. I meant I'd send you some in the post/mail!

Alternatively, get someone to drive you somewhere! That was always my solution (since the driving age here is 18 and I, uh, still haven't gotten around to that... I live in a city! There's buses, trams and trains!)

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Yeah, this. I'm an eighteen-year-old guy. Therefore, obviously I'm more likely to get in an accident, so insurance costs an arm and a leg. And it's the right leg, so I can't even drive once I pay for insurance because I don't have the limb for the accelerator and brakes anymore.
    I laughed!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Pants are an illusion... and so is death.

My lets plays:
    Singularity - Canceled

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Ok... first base covered.

*ticks off box*
    I want an expanded report of the next ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Yes. We kissed the first day we met silly. You gotta keep up. But we have kissed more since then. Innocent playful kisses though. He is a good good Catholic boy.

Let's see like last week we met up for dinner cuz he was passing through my city on the way back from some college visits in PA. It was yummy, and we held hands in front of his mom, though I'm worried he wasn't entirely comfortable doing that. But we kissed after that.

I'm still planning our trip to Longwood Gardens that is supposed to happen on the 28th though.
    In regards to the Catholic boy part: yeah, but they are also really comitted and compassionate in a relationship, but they aren't really ones for an open relationship. In my mind as long as there is total consent and no secrets, why not?

To the rest: super adorbs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dpcris85 View Post
    In regards to that, may I quote Stephen Fry
    Yes. Yes you may.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Not in the slightest. Razzle dazzle!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It occurred to me many people here needed hugs, so that's what I'll give them.
    Also, have all rainbow cookies. With Skittles.

@Arachu: I remember your car woes! It's very suspect your parents would tell you contradicting information. Either they're very uninformed but unwilling to admit that, either they're doing their best to discourage you from driving a car. Google is going to be your best friend here.
    ... Probably both - yeah, I should've Googled it way back. I kind of lost track of time early on... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    It took me a minute to work out why you were talking about laptops, then I remembered I didn't translate into American. I meant I'd send you some in the post/mail!
    Oh, that's... Really sweet of you, actually. They... Wouldn't check it, but they would make certain to find out what I got. They're kinda nosy... >.>

It shouldn't be too bad now, though - Dylan's girlfriend and I really hit it off. We've only been talking for like, 12 hours and we're already old friends.

We might even go shopping at some point. n.n

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Story idea: A trans man is outed when the God of fate declares him Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Or, if you want to portrait the God of Fate as a bastard you have hir declare a trans woman Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Think you're a woman? Sorry, the gods don't agree.

― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #533

Story idea: A trans man is outed when the God of fate declares him Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Or, if you want to portrait the God of Fate as a bastard you have hir declare a trans woman Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Think you're a woman? Sorry, the gods don't agree.
    Either way, someone'd need a new national religion.

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Bianca, you are a badass. If you wore a lavender blouse and a skirt that was plaid made of different shades of pink, you would be very intimidating. And that is why you will have many friends, not for fear, but for your intrinsic awesomeness as a person.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question: Regarding the speech of trans women, is it possible to mimic to perfection the feminine voice?

I've noticed that even trans women who feel confortable enough with their speech to speak on the television have a a very noticeable trait to their speaking, which I believe is apparent to anyone with some familiarity with singing.

I'm not familiar with the vocal techniques required for a trans woman to create a vocal female identity, so short of actually having surgery performed on one's vocal folds, could speech be perfected to the point of a perfect mimicry, or will it always have a "tell"?

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Bianca, you are a badass. If you wore a lavender blouse and a skirt that was plaid made of different shades of pink, you would be very intimidating. And that is why you will have many friends, not for fear, but for your intrinsic awesomeness as a person.
    *Glomps!* Thanks!

You're an amazing, talented, adorable guy who I know will find love someday.

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sharp41 View Post
    Question: Regarding the speech of trans women, is it possible to mimic to perfection the feminine voice?

I've noticed that even trans women who feel confortable enough with their speech to speak on the television have a a very noticeable trait to their speaking, which I believe is apparent to anyone with some familiarity with singing.

I'm not familiar with the vocal techniques required for a trans woman to create a vocal female identity, so short of actually having surgery performed on one's vocal folds, could speech be perfected to the point of a perfect mimicry, or will it always have a "tell"?
    Going to call Toupee Fallacy on this one.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

(twitch)
    There is no fantasy world with a deity important enough that I would not punch them in the face for doing that.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #539

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    I dunno, I think Bianca would pull that off well.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

30. - Top - End - #540
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Going to call Toupee Fallacy on this one.
    Said trait was shared by all the vocal samples I've had available, so it led me to consider whether one could only go so far with vocal training alone.

Still, you could have a point.