New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Medieval Werewolf II - Now With 50% Less Seers

Bladescape (x2/14) sounds good. Also, Istari, how do you know what your powers are this early?
    The BareFoot Programmer

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Tom the Mime

Bladescape (3/14)

Istari probably was told something like this : "You target someone and a random power is used on them", and then got some cryptic text that led to the conclusion of a silence.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bladescape should talk more.
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

4. - Top - End - #274

Eh? Hard of hearing I am, youngster. You'll have to speak up a bit more.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

HARD OF HEARING YOU SAY? YOU WANT US TO SPEAK UP? OKAY!
    Oh, and Bladescape... If the royal census came around, what would you put under occupation?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Bladescape, need more incentive? I believe it's at 6/14, yes?

7. - Top - End - #277

I had a revelation.

First off I don't really care for this rolling wall of votes idea. Since we're all voting for the same person it makes it easy for the werewolves to hide among our ranks. And even if we were to point at a werewolf the very nature of this game makes lying to us easy. But since we're already pretty deep in it we may as well keep the ball rolling and get as many reads as we can for now until we break this up and have all of us actually start trying to find werewolves Tomorrow.

And in regards to keeping it rolling, something else I noticed. This works best if it goes as fast as possible, since the days are so short and the information is so valuable for a villager win. Not to mention fast rolls means scum have less time to make up a lie. Both Grue Bait and now bladescape are trying to slow it down by demanding more votes until they claim. No, we cannot allow this to happen any longer.

I say if we get too close to the deadline without bladescape's answer, we lynch him. Since I don't trust the Hangman to pick targets for us anymore.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

8. - Top - End - #278

I actual fact, Gnome has a point. So caught up in my idea for a joke way to lead up to a claim, I didn't think of this, so sorry.

Anyways. What I'd put under 'occupation' if there was a Consensus? Why, The Kings Champion. Take that as you will.

I'd rather avoid from outing my power, as that makes me useless.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #279

In* actual fact.

Blababhabhablkbhak my fingers.

Usourselves&we apparently answered earlier. Soo...

Has Gnomish Wanderer made any comment yet?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Superdark's acts are now over-theatralicized.

alas i am dead for assisting the corrupt king,why did it have to end this way? he will fall without me!
    ARGH! OHRGH! BLARGH!
    I iz ded!
    Despite everything, its still me.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnomish:

The thing is, that without pressuring people to claim, we have no information at all. At least with it we can learn something about the player, whether or not they tell the truth, through the nature of their claim. What alternative means of gathering information do you propose?

A more in-depth explanation:

Spoiler
    Show
    Take one player, who for clarity will be known as Lynette, and assume that she's a wolf who has has seven votes on her, out of ten that it would take for a lynch.

Lynette then claims as the Diviner, and either says can scry or has someone assume that she can due to the role's name. If she says that she can scry, the town can then ask who her targets have been, and if not, they can ask what her power actually is, and how that relates to her role name.

Assume that she claims to be a seer. An already-scried list of only dead players is somewhat suspicious, if she gives one, but unlike in most games it can be tested, since, unless she's the Grave Digger, she can't be sure that whatever roles she claims to have scried them as are wrong, which will lead to counterclaims from whoever actually does hold that role.

And, eventually, she'll have to scry a living person, which, since she doesn't know the other wolves, she can't have arranged with them beforehand, meaning that there's a fair chance of her being wrong, and thus it being revealed that she lied about her role when whoever actually does have it reveals their role and/or the person they claim to have scried says they're wrong.

The same holds true for most powers ("You're a silencer? Oh, alright then. Silence someone!", etc.).

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

I guess then that Tom the mime isn't a target for today...:/

Bladescape: That sounds like the sort of role that the 'wolves' in this game would have, as the good and the bad being vice/versus.

Gnomish Wanderer(2), what's your role?
    And with each passing moment the mystery will become more tantalizing. Your imagination will inflame, but so will your frustration. Never knowing, only guessing, what could possibly be inside that box.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Something I just realized - the Rogue is most likely in contact with at least one wolf. I inadvertently (I'm a witch role, so I don't start knowing my powers) NKed Superdark, which means that unless the Rogue also targeted him, his kill hit a wolf.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Bladescape, though knowing even just a little bit about your power would be better. The role name doesn't really give us much.

Gnomish Wanderer sounds fairly verbose. Anything to say about yourself?
    The BareFoot Programmer

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gnomish Wanderer

Yeah, that's roughly how these things work. But realize that even faked information is information in a way. Say someone gave a role title, and it didn't fit with the others? That would show that it was fake. Perhaps someone claimed as something that was already claimed? Well, one of them has to be the wolf. So on and so forth, while true that wolves hide in the lynches this is true for every wolf game. Still don't get why we don't demand role names so we can verify with scries...
    Titles, Achievements, and Quotes of Honor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernal Teamworker - City of Shadows Wondering if anyone is still checking this...
    Ruler of the City - City of Shadows Hello? Anyone there? PM me if you want the Color Code.
    The Fallen Chessmaster - Center WW I don't really see a reason to get rid of this.
    The Manipulative/The Opaque - Demons WW Its kind of neat.

16. - Top - End - #286

I'd like to reiterate that I'm sorry I was so silent at the start of the game. ;)

Now in regards to how to find the werewolves: I'm not saying it's bad to pressure and get role information. I'm just saying we need to keep people accountable to their votes and the voting wall isn't doing that. We need all the info we can get in this game and we need the why for people's votes.

I'm not exactly sure of how we should accomplish this. If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them/

One way I've heard of something like this working in other games I've played is called a voting block. It's somewhat similar of what we have now, a group of players pressuring targets for claims, but it's fundamentally different because we make it up of players we're starting to trust. If wolves end up in the mix they have to work with the Good Guys anyway. And the big benefit of this is the voting block works based on a compromise system, so we'll be able to tell who in the block is staying quiet or if anyone in the block has different intentions once it gets going.

I just don't know if we have any trusted players to go into that idea. What does everyone else think of it?
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Something I just realized - the Rogue is most likely in contact with at least one wolf. I inadvertently (I'm a witch role, so I don't start knowing my powers) NKed Superdark, which means that unless the Rogue also targeted him, his kill hit a wolf.
    ... How did you realize this? I don't see any evidence that the Rogue has figured out another wolf. Also I don't like that last phrase there. So you targeted Super dark last night. Are you saying you assumed your power only kills Wolves? It seems more likely you just direct the kill towards your own target, which makes me feel like you're some kind of Night version of the Hangman.

But on the side of the wolves.

C'Nor.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Well, sorry Gnomish Wanderer, but C'Nor told us at least a bit of his role and gave explanation why he thinks the wolves are in contact. Don't think a wolf would have said what he said out of nothing just to give town information. You on the other hand didn't say anything about your role till now.

On an completely unrelated note (and now for something completely different) I'm voided today so I can't do what I usually do which is not much.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

I already mentioned my role.

What I'm saying is I don't like C'Nor's logic in the post I quoted. I'm not seeing how he made the jumps of logic and I get the feeling he's lying. That's why I voted him. And in this game I could easily see a wolf lying out of nowhere to get some cred.

Zar Peter, mind giving us a hint to what you usually do?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elemental. We got nothing clever to say there.

RuneboundShade think of roles that would be useless if known. A known wolf is not useless as it can give misinformation in a myriad of ways. The King and Marauder (if you subscribe to our way of thinking) are dead the spot of seer is slowly dwindling, but a known seer is not useless unless it is an unknown fool or known to the wolves on night one. There is another role but we will not directly say it, but it is completely useless if known by all.

We think we know what you are saying there Gnomish, in regards to your role and as well the method you propose.

But with C'nor having said something already and not entirely giving off a feel of wolfishness, we are going to move on to. . . Bookboy, has he said anything?
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Letting Elemental off the hook, but currently torn between two suspects. If I'm allowed to point the figure of suspicion more heavily at one person, The Gnomish Wanderer is striking me as more suspicious but C'nor also appears shady. I still need to wait and see, though, before finalizing my thoughts.
    Epic Crashatar by the amazing Crimmy!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post

What I'm saying is I don't like C'Nor's logic in the post I quoted. I'm not seeing how he made the jumps of logic and I get the feeling he's lying. That's why I voted him. And in this game I could easily see a wolf lying out of nowhere to get some cred.

I had posted to target Superdark, then switched to Grimmace, since I'd missed that he'd died, and, since I didn't make any further posts after that, got a message from Ur-Quan in my QT saying - roughly, so as to avoid issues with rulebreaking - that the potion had been given to my original target, which was unfortunate, as I'd see in the narration. Hence, I know that I killed him, and that he was probably Town.

Since there weren't two kills last night, that means that (since I forgot banes aren't shown in this) the Rogue hit a bane, Superdark, or a wolf. Since the odds of either of the first two are lower than the odds that he hit a wolf, simply because of the fact that there are a number of wolves in this game, it's most likely that the Rogue is in contact with at least one wolf.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post

Of course. I don't send in any action but I know the king is dead.

And I'm sorry but I didn't get your role. Maybe it's because the text is blurring while I read it... maybe I should try again tomorrow.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Elemental. We got nothing clever to say there.

RuneboundShade think of roles that would be useless if known. A known wolf is not useless as it can give misinformation in a myriad of ways. The King and Marauder (if you subscribe to our way of thinking) are dead the spot of seer is slowly dwindling, but a known seer is not useless unless it is an unknown fool or known to the wolves on night one. There is another role but we will not directly say it, but it is completely useless if known by all.

We think we know what you are saying there Gnomish, in regards to your role and as well the method you propose.

But with C'nor having said something already and not entirely giving off a feel of wolfishness, we are going to move on to. . . Bookboy, has he said anything?
    With regards to listing roles, that won't be too useful, mostly because there are a lot of hidden roles (I saw someone say that Medieval I had no players without some kind of power.

My role, for one, is potentially very powerful, but at the same time potentially very useless. And a known role would really be helpful to me.

Also, C'nor, there are a few other options: Rogue could have been voided (not sure if it's been claimed), or some other similar idea (given what appears to be several roles with semi-random/unknown abilities)

Can someone not taking big tests this week compile a list of claims? That would make it a lot easier to figure out who still needs to be pressured/who is claiming the same role.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #295

Ah, that suddenly makes a lot more sense. Sorry, C'Nor, I assumed your power had something to do with switching where the wolves targeted instead of killing them on your own because there was just a one kill last night. Bad thinking on my part, not yours.

Unvote. I'm pretty sure you're a good guy.

As for myself, Zar, I've been much too silent this game.

I also agree that the wolves probably found another wolf or killed Superdark. Actually since we don't know what your power is I'm more inclined to believe they did actually target Superdark as well and whatever your effect was vanished. But unless they were gunning for Elemental or one of the alternative voids/banes Bookboy mentioned, I don't think they got baned.

Also I realize now what Elemental is talking about when he says Librarian. I thought it was literally the name of his role but it was just from the example list on Page 1.

Role Claims
    Grue Bait: Imprisoned, some kind of self-sacrificing protector role
    Zar Peter: sends in no action but knows the King is dead (Grave Keeper, most likely)
    Ramsus: Some kind of Neutral role
    Super Dark33: &we thinks he could have beem the Hangman
    Internet Flea: said he was an Engame role, likely King from two sources
    Istari: Semi-random powers towards whoever he targets? Targeted Tom the Mime N2 and noticed Tom the Mime didn't post D3
    Gnomish Wanderer: Strongly hinted that she was too silent and could protect people, she protected herself D1 and Elemental D2 (just now)
    usourselves&we: Claims he'll get information about his role later on in the game???
    The Grimmace: Scry Role, says Internet Flea was King
    PirateMonk: Informational Role being Town
    Bookboy: says his role is potentially both powerful and useless and known roles are helpful to him???
    bladescape: King's Crusader, hasn't said what it does
    Elemental: Says he's some kind of later-stage scryer (Likely the Marauder o.0)
    C'Nor: Witch Role, says he targeted Super dark last night but doesn't know the effects
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

This is my first WW game, as i've said, and i'm struggling a bit with determining what roles people don't like so could someone help give me a list of something outlining the advantages and disadvantages of stuff???

It would just help me get things straight and let me cooperate more because i obviously don't want to die for some reason...
    "The leaves rustle and you look up to see... (Insert Selected Creature(s))!
    What do you do?
    Well then, roll for initiative!

A (::) to Gnomish Wanderer for the awesome avatar.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

If you're a wolf, town doesn't like you (regardless of role). If you're town, wolves don't like you (regardless of role).

The only exceptions I can think of are fools (seers that get wrong answers), but they don't know if they're the fool (ever). In a blind game, every role is useful if aimed well.

Also, modifying the list. Green = dead. Just an added convenience.

Grue Bait: Imprisoned, some kind of self-sacrificing protector role
    Zar Peter: sends in no action but knows the King is dead (Grave Keeper, most likely)
    Ramsus: Some kind of Neutral role
    Super Dark33: &we thinks he could have beem the Hangman
    Internet Flea: said he was an Engame role, likely King from two sources
    Istari: Semi-random powers towards whoever he targets? Targeted Tom the Mime N2 and noticed Tom the Mime didn't post D3
    Gnomish Wanderer: Strongly hinted that she was too silent and could protect people, she protected herself D1 and Elemental D2 (just now)
    usourselves&we: Claims he'll get information about his role later on in the game???
    The Grimmace: Scry Role, says Internet Flea was King
    PirateMonk: Informational Role being Town
    Bookboy: says his role is potentially both powerful and useless and known roles are helpful to him???
    bladescape: King's Crusader, hasn't said what it does
    Elemental: Says he's some kind of later-stage scryer (Likely the Marauder o.0)
    C'Nor: Witch Role, says he targeted Super dark last night but doesn't know the effects

My guess for crusader would have been baner or bodyguard, but baner has a different name and bodyguard has been claimed, so I'm at a loss for what it is.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

So much happens when I sleep for fourteen hours...
    Note to self: Never do that again.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #299

Champion, not Crusader, please. >.>

Gnomish Wanderer was too subtle for little newbie me, so I'mma moving onto Bookboy?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Welp, it's been three days, friends.

Day has ended with another Hangman lynch.

Narration soon.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.