New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Ivaz nods a little as she watches the white-haired man make his way towards the dragon.

You could say that. Might get even more interesting shortly.
    And in what way would you say that is?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

biggrin Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Clarissa's Showdown
    Clarissa might find that Dave is suddenly standing his ground, jet black katana drawn.
    "Clarissa! Stop it! I told you not to hurt people in the Red Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "It wasn't pleasant at all, so be sure not to work yourself too hard, and like I said, I'll keep an eye out for some qualified people to add to our staff." She finishes up her little warning to Dave against working himself too hard.

"Ok, one more patient, then a break. I'll bring a pager with me though just in case an emergency comes in and you need me in a hurry. Then, if we don't have any urgent cases, you should take a rest too." Westlanna follows Dave to the next case. She has a sneaking suspicion that 'Paul Bunyan Disease' could be a big problem. (Bu dum tish).
    Dave's Free Clinic
    Dave nods, and then walks to the next room to treat the patient.
    Once in there, he begins examining the 20-ish year old woman in there.
    "Hey Wes, can you go grab the hair removal Creme from the fridge? We may be able to nip this case in the bud before she transforms."
    Thank god she hasn't thrown up maple syrup yet!
    "Tell me ma'am, how much have you been lumberjacking lately?"
    The woman looked a bit uncomfortable about this...
    "Come on now...out with it."
    "Um...about two or three trees a day..."
    Dave shakes his head.
    "When will people learn that lumberjacking is dangerous?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    And in what way would you say that is?
    Ivaz waves her hand at the chaos around them. All this? Somebody's gonna hear about it and come to try to stop it. Inevitable.

The question then becomes...who's gonna show?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Dave's Free Clinic]

As they entered the room Westlanna greeted the patient pleasantly with a hello and a nod.

At Dave's request she replied, "Hair removal cream, got it." Then she hurries over to the fridge. In a moment she returns with two creams: Regular Strength, and Extra Strength. She is reading the labels as she walks back in. Both list 'skin drying, irritation and risk of severe sunburn' as side effects. "I'll get some moisturizing sun cream to follow that up." She tells Dr. Dave as she holds the medications out for him to choose from.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jessica's House on Limit Street]

Mayhala, who can be seen through the window as a tall figure with black hair and bits of shadow flitting to her, whose back is to the people outside, nods at Winguardia's words, before, not waiting for Ryhan's reply, trying to cocoon both herself and the necromancer in shadows, and, if that succeeds, pull them both into the shadow-world.

[Nexus Zoo]

Keeper shrugs, the patterns on his suit pulsing softly.

"I'm not sure if you need any more people for it, but if someone is willing to link with me, I have some abilities that could be useful in clearing the animals."

---------

Meanwhile, yet another girl, this one with almost elven features, though she's full human, as well as intense, almost glowing, purple eyes, and short, spiky black hair, both of which contrast sharply with her pale skin, steps out; she wears dark purple jeans, black boots, and a black leather jacket with a blue dragon on the back, though odd outlines under her jacket hint at less traditional clothing, or other gear, that it's concealing.

For the moment, she remains silent, not having much to contribute to the conversation, though she seems rather excited about the events here.

((One moment, editing; this took way too long to write.))

((Done!))
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-15 at 03:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

[Dave's Free Clinic]

As they entered the room Westlanna greeted the patient pleasantly with a hello and a nod.

At Dave's request she replied, "Hair removal cream, got it." Then she hurries over to the fridge. In a moment she returns with two creams: Regular Strength, and Extra Strength. She is reading the labels as she walks back in. Both list 'skin drying, irritation and risk of severe sunburn' as side effects. "I'll get some moisturizing sun cream to follow that up." She tells Dr. Dave as she holds the medications out for him to choose from.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    While Westlanna is off getting the creme, she might here the cracking of the roof.
    And as she goes back to where Dave is, she might notice that there's now a giant lumberjack there, bursting through the ceiling.
    "Westlanna! Good! You're just in time! She's gotten into the final stages of Paul Bunyan's Disease!"
    Oh god...will the crazy never stop?
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Ivaz waves her hand at the chaos around them. All this? Somebody's gonna hear about it and come to try to stop it. Inevitable.

The question then becomes...who's gonna show?
    The spectacled girl shrugs, then nods when the other girl shows up.
    Oh, hey there...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED!]

Our valiant heroes manage to defeat their vile and evil foes!

Or this wave of them at least.

'Ten Seconds Until Wave Two!'
    announces a rather loud disembodied voice.

Thus far we've got Freddy and Cathy are left with a sizable stockpile of Blokz from their defeated foes! But neither of them appear to know what to do with them.

The dragon has build a nice Level 1 Arrow Tower and a Level 1 Wall to protect said tower!

And finally the necromancer has constructed a bad-ass Level 3 Arrow Tower!

Wow!

"I have no idea what's going on!"
    Fredrick protests rather loudly.
    Yay arrow tower and wall! But that wall could stand to be a bit bigger, right?

Kashi is gonna build that wall, and build it tall, cause they'll be here before too long.

But first, more blokz, right? He might have enough to upgrade the wall once, but that certainly isn't enough for the dragon. Killing more rebites doesn't give him blokz fast enough either.

So it's time to gnaw on those structures the rebites made when they first came out, and steal some of their blokz. A bit of flame-breath might be involved.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    While Westlanna is off getting the creme, she might here the cracking of the roof.
    And as she goes back to where Dave is, she might notice that there's now a giant lumberjack there, bursting through the ceiling.
    "Westlanna! Good! You're just in time! She's gotten into the final stages of Paul Bunyan's Disease!"
    Oh god...will the crazy never stop?
    "I'm guessing you want the Extra-strength," she quips, and holds out the tube of Extra-strength hair remover to Dave.

She tips her head way back to see all the way up to their patient's face far above her.

"I used to have a flight charm, that would allow me to reach the patient's head... I'm assuming we're applying it to her face, yes?" After all, a big, thick beard doesn't seem to belong on a 20 year old woman's face. "I'll run and grab the flight charm."

Unless Dave stops her Westlanna will sprint down the hall to her locker and return moments later holding a small silver charm shaped like a pair of wings with a iridescent green stone embedded between the outstretched pinions.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Showdown]

Death's Mind: Dave? Seriously? Why does he have to be here? He's going to ruin everything.

People seem to have received Clarissa's message loud and clear. They're making a break for it, fleeing in all directions as fast as their puny legs can carry them, trampling several shorter individuals in the process.

Grr! Dave! Why'd he have to mess this up for Clarissa? Now this game tips in their favor.

A group of three men remains on the other side of the street. Well, they look like men right about now. A second later, tendrils of white rocket out of their backs as a layer of white bone begins to spread across their entire bodies, coating them in off-white, runed, reinforced armor. Boron carbide and diamonds have nothing on this material.

While their busy transforming, Clarissa attempts to dispatch Dave. Long midnight black runed blades of an unknown solid extend from her lower arms, weaving their way over to the tips of her hands. Slashing implements they are, vibrating at the molecular level, distorting the space around them with waves of blackness allowing a viewer's vision to see beyond the confines of this reality into the lands of chaos. Into the womb which bore Clarissa.

It presses the mind to its limits, attempting to make it think the unthinkable, dream up worlds with unfathomable depth, to watch the threads stitching reality fall away piece by piece as the world falls and withers away, drained of life.

She doesn't charge Dave, though, as one would expect the long-revered warrior to do. Instead, she snags a civilian who was unlucky enough to trip and land nearby her by the leg and hoists him into the air with one of her tails, cutting a thin but potentially deadly fissure into his abdominal region. That should cause shock and death if it isn't properly treated, but it shouldn't be that hard to treat. Just needs a few sutures and shock mitigation. Clean and simple. After that's finished, Clarissa drops the man on his head. Maybe he'll even get a concussion. Keep the methodical, generous, and kind-hearted doctor busy until her business is complete.

Heh, heh, heh. Strategy defeats the good and bolsters the evil yet again.

[Driver's Ed Warehouse Plot]

The Hummer is a standard Hummer, equipped with a nonstandard radio relay station/communications router, other assorted whirring and clicking machines, windows which are bulletproof from the outside but not from the inside, luxury leather seats with cupholders and dropdown television screens attached to the ceiling, a nitrogen injection system wired into the controls of the vehicle, and a PC terminal wired into the dashboard on the passenger's seat side of the vehicle. The tinted windows are a nice touch too.

Other than that, its a normal Hummer. Some weapons cases have been loaded into it, but that's about it. Oh, and the platform under the turret is adjustable. Swag.

Percilia heads over to the driver's seat and leans into the vehicle, pointing at all of the important pieces of the machine, including the measurement gauges, as she explains their functions one by one.

"That's the brake. You push down on that to stop the machine. That's the gas pedal. Push on that to make the machine go. The car's an automatic, so you don't really have to worry about the clutch much. That lever allows the car to go forward if it is beside D, which stands for drive. R stands for reverse and will allow you to accelerate in that direction. P is for park. That keeps the car from moving after it is stopped. And then there's the speedometer. *Taps speedometer.* It tells you how fast you're going at any point in time. This wheel allows you to turn. Turn left for left and right for right. Feel like giving it a go?"

Percilia slides over the hood and swings into the passenger seat, buckling up and slamming her door shut as any responsible driver should.

11. - Top - End - #41

[Nexus Zoo]

Invisibility now, huh? Sweet. If it's everybody being individually invisible rather than an invisible bubble rather that surrounds the group, he'll fly out on his own, first trying to slap the gloves out of the air before moving on. He'll be in constant motion, invisibility being useless if they know exactly where you are floating invisibly.

If it is just the bubble, he does the exact same thing, minus invisibility. He would have flown in there if the spellcater wasn't there, so why worry about it?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #42

Nexus Zoo

It's an individual thing, he casts an illusion over everyone. People who you bump into will still feel you though, and your actions are not invisible. Just you.
    Don't take too long. The longer Peter has to keep this up the more his head hurts. He's very grumpy when he has a headache.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hey there...
    Talia grins at the spectacled girl, looking a bit... off... somehow, and offers a hand to her.

"Hello, whoever you are. Which would be who?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

[Zoo]
    The girl shakes her hand.
    Just call me June.
    You?

And then illusion thingies! June notices and is interested!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Nexus Zoo]

Keeper shrugs, the patterns on his suit pulsing softly.

"I'm not sure if you need any more people for it, but if someone is willing to link with me, I have some abilities that could be useful in clearing the animals."
    Krystal looks to where Keeper was. Him being invisible now, she can't really see him.

Link with you? What's that?

Meanwhile, yet another girl, this one with almost elven features, though she's full human, as well as intense, almost glowing, purple eyes, and short, spiky black hair, both of which contrast sharply with her pale skin, steps out; she wears dark purple jeans, black boots, and a black leather jacket with a blue dragon on the back, though odd outlines under her jacket hint at less traditional clothing, or other gear, that it's concealing.

For the moment, she remains silent, not having much to contribute to the conversation, though she seems rather excited about the events here.
    Oh, hey there...
    Seeing that these two can keep each other company, Ivaz decides to check out the little dino of chaos. She swings her leg over and stands, taking a moment to brush off the back of her tiny skirt. She adjusts the color of her shirt, then casually strolls towards Jurassico, her thumbs in the waistband of her skirt.

Hey shorty. What ya up to?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Driver's Ed Warehouse Plot]

The Hummer is a standard Hummer, equipped with a nonstandard radio relay station/communications router, other assorted whirring and clicking machines, windows which are bulletproof from the outside but not from the inside, luxury leather seats with cupholders and dropdown television screens attached to the ceiling, a nitrogen injection system wired into the controls of the vehicle, and a PC terminal wired into the dashboard on the passenger's seat side of the vehicle. The tinted windows are a nice touch too.

Other than that, its a normal Hummer. Some weapons cases have been loaded into it, but that's about it. Oh, and the platform under the turret is adjustable. Swag.

Percilia heads over to the driver's seat and leans into the vehicle, pointing at all of the important pieces of the machine, including the measurement gauges, as she explains their functions one by one.

"That's the brake. You push down on that to stop the machine. That's the gas pedal. Push on that to make the machine go. The car's an automatic, so you don't really have to worry about the clutch much. That lever allows the car to go forward if it is beside D, which stands for drive. R stands for reverse and will allow you to accelerate in that direction. P is for park. That keeps the car from moving after it is stopped. And then there's the speedometer. *Taps speedometer.* It tells you how fast you're going at any point in time. This wheel allows you to turn. Turn left for left and right for right. Feel like giving it a go?"

Percilia slides over the hood and swings into the passenger seat, buckling up and slamming her door shut as any responsible driver should.
    [Driver's Ed.] Let's call it like it is. :P

Lady Rannall climbs inside the vehicle, and seeing Percilla pull the vinyl strap of the seat-belt across herself and click it closed the Lady follows suit.

Thank goodness this thing is an automatic. Explaining a stick shift to someone who hasn't ever seen an engine before would be a nightmare.

"Forward. Back. Stay." She says softly to herself as she moves the lever. "Go. Stop." Now pressing the gas and brake. She does this one more time with her eyes closed. Now that she can find what she needs without looking, she is clearly ready to drive.

"Hold on." Lady Rannall tells her passengers. Then she puts it in drive and steps on the gas. The humvee accelerates across the big warehouse. She then slowly presses the brake and brings it to a smooth stop. "This is just like guiding a horse, but much simpler, for there is no sentient mind to work with."

After a few minutes of driving back and forth so she has a feel for how this thing works...

She seamlessly throws it into reverse, turns sharply, slows to a stop, then accelerates toward the gate leading out. "Are we ready to go?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Dave's Free Clinic
    Luckily, the lumbering lumber jack doesn't try to leave, as there's no trees around!
    So Dave distracts it by stabbing its foot with his katana, causing her to cry in pain.
    "Oh shush you big baby! Once we get that beard off we'll fix that right up!"
    Then Westlanna comes in!
    "I'll continue to distract it, Wes, you get that gunk on her beard!"

---

Clarissa's Showdown
    Oooooo...Clarissa shouldn't have done that...
    Because, as Dave checks the man's wounds, his eyes have a rather fierce, fire behind it.
    With a snap of his fingers, the man is teleported to Dave's clinic.
    And then Dave gets up out of the squat, and walks up to Clarissa.
    "You and me are going to kill those guys over there and then we're going to talk." he says in a reserved way, as if he's trying not to blow up at her right now.
    And then he turns towards the men with the bone armor, and then moves faster than the naked eye can see, moving behind them and attempting to slice through the armor.
    Now, his katana is the exact definition of an inclined plane. By this I mean if he were to try and slice through stone, it'd be as east as a knife through hot butter.
    So hopefully, it should be able to cut through. But if it didn't, the force from the hit would probably hurt.

---

Nexus Zoo
    Gamma Girl teleports near Jurrasico, still invisible.
    She makes two portals, one in front of Jurrasico and one in front of her leg.
    And then she tries to kick him through a portal in his tiny face!
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-15 at 05:35 PM.
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

[Zoo]
    The girl shakes her hand.
    Just call me June.
    You?

And then illusion thingies! June notices and is interested!

"Talia. Or Tal, if you like. Ea works too. I don't really care,"
    the slightly mad girl replies, shrugging, and looking over at whatever it is June is watching.

Krystal looks to where Keeper was. Him being invisible now, she can't really see him.

Link with you? What's that?
    Keeper, in turn, looks over to where Krystal's voice came from. Though why they're trying to look at each other when they're invisible, I don't know...

"In order to use the vast majority of my abilities, I need to establish a - usually temporary - telepathic bond with at least one other person,"
    he explains quietly, sounding pleased that someone has taken an interest in that.

19. - Top - End - #49

Nexus zoo

Meanwhile Peter is still concentrating and wondering if they really need to be invisible for this tiny 'villain'.

And then he notices people are looking at his illusions. Maybe him. Wonder how they noticed.
    Should probably distract them.. But with what...
    Looks like both girls... How about a giant spider?
    Talia and June might suddenly find a giant, scary spider appearing behind them.
    Sounds very real. Run, girls!
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nexus Zoo]
    June whirls around and jumps back, firing a razor crystal at the spider illusion!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

GnomeWizardGuy

Nexus Zoo

Jurassico notices the gloves being snatched out of the air by an invisible force and detonates them. If they can get through double-thick security glass who knows what they can do to a superhero. He then clicks his glasses over to heat sensing and pulls out a double-sided ray gun. how rude! and fires it at Gamma Girl. If the ray hits she'll find herself three inches tall and Jurassico as tall as Gamma Girl was. Haha!
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-04-15 at 06:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Dave's Free Clinic]

"Alright!" Westlanna calls to Dave. When she was back at her locker she'd had the foresight to cut a pair of slits in the back of her shirt. Why immediately becomes apparent as she slides the flight charm around her neck.

A pair of enormous wings with iridescent green feathers sprout from her back. She flaps the great feathery appendages, causing whirlwinds of air to whip through the exam room as she gains enough lift to take off. Magic makes up for the obvious problems of vastly insufficient lift for her heavy human frame and lack of aerodynamics.

She flies up through the gaping hole in the roof, toting the big ol' tube of Lumberjack-strength Hair-B-Gone.

With a sharp 'snap!' of latex-free rubber she's got her gloves on. She flies at the lumberjack's face, struggling to dodge the giant's hands as she goes in the smear the goop onto her patient. It looks like an exceptionally large moth attacking an exceptionally large lumber jack with shaving cream.

23. - Top - End - #53

Keeper, in turn, looks over to where Krystal's voice came from. Though why they're trying to look at each other when they're invisible, I don't know...

"In order to use the vast majority of my abilities, I need to establish a - usually temporary - telepathic bond with at least one other person,"
    he explains quietly, sounding pleased that someone has taken an interest in that.
    Huh. That's...different. Krystal gives an invisible shrug. Alright. Might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Nexus Zoo

Jurassico notices the gloves being snatched out of the air by an invisible force and detonates them. If they can get through double-thick security glass who knows what they can do to a superhero. He then clicks his glasses over to heat sensing and pulls out a double-sided ray gun. how rude! and fires it at Gamma Girl. If the ray hits she'll find herself three inches tall and Jurassico as tall as Gamma Girl was. Haha!
    Ivaz stops walking as the tiny Tyrannosaur fires a gun at a foot coming from a portal. Best keep back a moment. Don't wanna get caught in the cross fire.

Her eyes move a little as she looks for a decent sized shadow nearby. In case she needs to make a quick getaway.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-04-15 at 06:22 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Showdown]

Dave assumes that these...things are on par with human beings in terms of strength, resilience, and speed. They are far from that. So advanced are they beyond anything a mortal is capable of that they are able to match and mind-blowingly exceed Dave's own speed, one-upping him in that category. The stakes for this hand have just dramatically increased. Clarissa is more than a little perturbed that Dave's life is on the line now and that her scheme to rid the battlefield of him failed horribly. He could die out there and then where would she be? She overestimated his good-will and mercy for his fellow man! But he's her prize and they won't take him from her!

She'll worry about edifying the mistaken Dave later on down the road. For now, she's successfully coaxed out her enemies and now she must remove the thorn in her side from the battlefield.

The flaw with katanas is the source of their power. They are, generally-speaking, two-handed weapons, long and cumbersome blades, the primitive bazookas of close-up fighting. Of course, to use them effectively as a slashing weapon, maximizing power output in a rush and such, the blow of a katana must come from above. Therefore, agilely bringing the outer side of the lower left arm up under the wrists of the assailant, Dave, might prove an exceptionally useful attack-denial technique, which exactly what the beast Dave is striking at is attempting to do. Of course, blocking isn't enough. Few heroes win battles without putting up an unforgiving offence.

The creature attempts to follow up its defensive maneuver with a swift punch to the area a half an inch or so below Dave's navel, a pressure point of the human body. This may result in trauma to the small intestine and bladder along with the large blood vessels and nerves in the abdomen which may in turn be the cause of shock and loss of motor function.

Lack of armor also was one of the primary issues with ninjas in combat.

These guys are playing to win. The other two have their work cut out for them dealing with Clarissa, who is dancing around them, hacking off tendrils and lobbing balls of fire at her two nigh immortal foes.

Dave might incidentally happen to notice a woman with a leg broken by a fall as she was jostled during the initial rush of civilians away from the demon fight as it broke out drying up as though all the fluids were being drained from her body. Ouch! Dehydration so extreme that it leads to desiccation within seconds must be a crazy painful way to go!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-04-15 at 06:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "I find most authorities as reasonable and open minded as the woman across the street." Winguardia growls. "We don't have time for their nonsense. Reclaimer must be dealt with. I'll go out back, you take the shadows. We'll meet two blocks south and three blocks east on the street corner. Sound agreeable?" The winged woman has just gone from grief to rage in 0.002 seconds. She heads for the back door.

The view from the outside:
    The tiny two-story house is shaped like a little box. The front door, gaping open because Winguardia knocked it in, is on the northwest corner, to the right is the big picture window leading in to the livingroom where the winged woman and her cloaked friend are visible. There is a line of tall bushes along the north side of the house. The bushes extend out back of the house forming a hedge around the backyard. They would provide perfect cover for sneaking around to the backyard without anyone exiting the backdoor noticing.

The winged woman is now heading back toward the kitchen at the back of the house, where the backdoor is.

((And now I'll be waiting for everyone to post in between my posts :-D ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Anatolij and his men recieve additional information through their headsets. Alright, so some civilians are at the crime scene. Probably vigilantes, since it's unlikely the perpetuators would stick around, but who knows. The Sergeant and his second-in-command enter the house, but Dragan the recon specialist heads for the bushes and tries to sneak to the back of the house to cut off anyone who would want to sneak out.

Mayhala, who can be seen through the window as a tall figure with black hair and bits of shadow flitting to her, whose back is to the people outside, nods at Winguardia's words, before, not waiting for Ryhan's reply, trying to cocoon both herself and the necromancer in shadows, and, if that succeeds, pull them both into the shadow-world.

Rhyan merely nods to Winguardia, any response she had beyond that cut off by the sudden shadow teleportation!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #56

Nexus Zoo

Young Star isn't snatching them, he's smacking then into the ground, and moving constantly. An advantage over being a flying superhero over security glass, not being nailed down. When the gloves explode he's on his way to catching animals, and is sent flying significantly faster than he had intended. And upwards. And far.

"How far," you might ask? Give him a round to get back and he'll tell you.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #57

Nexus Zoo
    The ray hits her foot!
    Thankfully though, it only effects her foot, and not the rest of her body, because of the portal.
    So now, Gamma Girl withdraws her foot, and then opens a portal from behind Jurassico, then sending her fist through a portal linked to it.

---

Dave's Free Clinic
    Westlanna will find it's easier than she thinks!
    And once she puts the cream on the beard, the lumberjack begins to morph back into that pretty 20-year old that came in.
    Quick! More cream!

---

Clarissa's Showdown
    Dave gasps as he's punched!
    But then...he begins laughing manically.
    "Oh...you're gonna regret that..."
    The men might notice that Dave now has his hair in tentacle form, along with slicked back horns, a tail, and his skin has become a devilish tint of red.
    He's gone into full blown devil mode, which was activated because he became a bit...too mad
    Thankfully, it only makes him handsome.
    Then, drawing upon the powers he was given, he makes three clones of himself.
    There's...
    Strength! The clone representing Dave's wishes to be strong to protect those he loves! Equipped with a shield of jet black metal, he is an extremely defensive clone.
    Intelligence! The clone representing Dave's wishes to be smart to help everyone around him(Also known as his doctor side)
    Dexterity! The clone representing Dave's wishes to be a great ninja! This is the fastest and most deadly version of him!

Intelligence Dave rushes over to go treat the woman with the broken leg!

Strength Dave goes over to protect Intelligence Dave while he's working!

Dexterity Dave seemingly vanishes from sight! Going quite faster than Dave was going earlier!
    Though he doesn't seem to be attacking...
    He seems to be waiting...

Then Real Dave recovers, and then moves fast again, though this time he's not attacking with his katana.
    He seems to be retreating towards Clarissa!
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    Nexus zoo

Meanwhile Peter is still concentrating and wondering if they really need to be invisible for this tiny 'villain'.

And then he notices people are looking at his illusions. Maybe him. Wonder how they noticed.
    Should probably distract them.. But with what...
    Looks like both girls... How about a giant spider?
    Talia and June might suddenly find a giant, scary spider appearing behind them.
    Sounds very real. Run, girls!
    [Nexus Zoo]
    June whirls around and jumps back, firing a razor crystal at the spider illusion!
    Talia laughs, jumping forward and popping her jacket open, before uncoiling two lengths of tubing, each with a rather odd looking device - the use, if not purpose, of which quickly becomes clear, as they semi-spontaneously catch fire - on the end, and squeezing the grips on them, causing the caps to drop down.

And, her gastubes now being ready to use, she spins to her right, causing two arcs of liquid, which are ignited on the way by the odd devices at the ends of the tubes, to fly at the illusory spider! Though there's also a chance that a few drops which separated from the main body of the substance catch June.

Huh. That's...different. Krystal gives an invisible shrug. Alright. Might as well.

"Alright. Hold out your hand, then,"
    Keeper instructs, reaching out his own hand to try and find hers whether or not she does, as he can't tell. "And... Do something to show me where it is, if you can, please?"

[Shadowside]

And, so, into the shadow-world they go!

Ryhan will find herself in a somewhat distorted copy of Jessica's house, with Mayhala standing next to her. Or at least, half Mayhala standing next to her... The other half of her companion is a flickering, hard to focus on, mass of shadows, and her voice echoes oddly when she speaks; Ryhan will likely find herself changed in whatever ways may be appropriate for her physical and mental nature.

Also, while Mayhala no longer has a shadow at all, the shadows of everything else give off light, rather than being an absence of it.

"Do
    you have any suggestions on where we should go?"

Meanwhile, the team from Remnant will see the elongated eggs of shadows that had formed around Ryhan and Mayhala vanish, with their contents no longer being there to any form of magical or non-magical detection, as they've shifted planes.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-15 at 07:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

"Alright. Hold out your hand, then,"
    Keeper instructs, reaching out his own hand to try and find hers whether or not she does, as he can't tell. "And... Do something to show me where it is, if you can, please?"
    Krystal bends down enough to mess with some dust on the ground.

Down on the ground.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #60

Nexus zoo
    Both attacks will do nothing to the spider because it's not really there!
    They will pass straight through it, and it keeps standing there looking very scary.
    Last edited by Eadin; 2012-04-15 at 07:00 PM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar: