New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi looks up to the window at Hekta's flailing and shouting. Oh, so that's who she wanted him to meet. The bronze dragon rears up on his hind legs, holding out his wings for balance as he puts his head up closer to Elias' window.

"Snyui! <Hi, I'm Kashi! Nice to meet you!>" Yay for standard greetings that never seem to get around language barriers!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Streets]

Bobbie just beams, as clearly there's nothing she'd rather do in the world than be helpful. To Reinholdt.
    Because nothing makes her happier than his smiles!

"Okedoke! Sounds like a plan!
    Oooh, I bet it'd be more fun if we looked together!"

Better plan!
    [Streets]

"We'd cover more ground if we split up, but after today's monster fest, I really rather not. So yes, let's do that." Reinholdt says.

He looks around a bit. "Any idea on where to start?" Probably not in the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Mispelled Cemetary]

"Tough, sure. But thankfully they aren't very dangerous,"
    Freddie replies as the monster's back snaps and it slumps into a heap. "I'm actually a bit relieved. I have heard that there was some sort of huge undead abomination that guards this place, though the stories about it were sketchy. I'm just glad they turned out to be stories."

As Fredrick speaks the ground splits open and a positively massive Gool Hownd rises from the fetid earth. Not only is the creature hideous and repulsive, its whole body is made of dozens if not hundreds of gools all amalgamated together, vile purple tongues the size of a man's arm bulging out of their mouths. To make matters worse the gools twitch and jerk, muttering and moaning. And among the guttural groans are a few intelligible words can be heard.

"Oh gods help me..."
    "Kill me! It hurts so much!"
    "I can't... can't move..."
    "My son! Did my son escape?"
    "Please help..."

Fredrick just signs.
    Tomas chokes in shock as the beast rises to the surface.
    "Jesus!"

He backpedals and grabs at his laser pistol, shouting to Freddie as he does so,

"Behind you!"

4. - Top - End - #934
    Orc in the Playground

Red Zone- Rooftops

The gargoyle is knocked off course by the wind, frost forming on its stone body as it slams into a pitched tile roof, sending fragments of tile into the air and splinters of support wood. Afterwards, the gargoyle flaps up from somebody's attic and attempts the same manoeuvre. It is slightly slower, however- the cold has certainly affected it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #935
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Well...Ray could guess that the man had been killed for a few reasons...either it was a completely random thing, the wolfman was an old enemy, or the cult knew the watch-seller had told Ray something about them. Other then that....there's really nothing that hints at anything. One of the golden watches is missing though. However someone might have just bought it, or the cult was after the watches all along. Hmm....
    Nah. Coincidences do ocassionally happen in the Nexus, but not on this scale. The missing watch is interesting though. Another link between the two victims. Pocketing the remaining watch, Ray puts a handkerchief over the dead man's face before heading back through the portal into the Dusty Flagon.

"Sorry 'bout that. It appears the killer has struck again."

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Arkham Hospital][/B]

"I vote for with,"
    Alia says quietly, flexing her own claws. "After all, we're supposed to be finding whatever thing has set up in here, right? So avoiding signs of the presence of something big here seems a bit counterproductive...
    "Makes sense to me." Oliver adds in, leaning against the wall and munching on a candybar as he tries to clear his thoughts. Continously using that ghosty-vision of his can get really exhausting, so he'll take whatever chances he can to rest and regain some energy. Now if only all the spectral energy built-up in this place wasn't starting to give him a headache....
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Streets]

"Uuuuuuum...."
    Where was that one druid again?
    Bobbie knows she saw one somewhere...

In the city? Not in the city?

So she does the one fool-proof remembering technique that comes to mind!
    She claps a hand over her eyes and sticks her other hand out, before spinning in a circle.
    She stops with her finger pointing That Way and grins.
    "This way!"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #937

[Random Street]

Bobbie will probably mean that smelly druid that sells overpriced herbal stuff on the corner of Random street.
    And what do you know, she's sitting there right now!

An elder woman, skin tanned from being outside and dark hair streaked with silver. Shewears brownish robes of a rough material, an otterskin is being used as a pouch which hangs in her hip.
    She's sitting behind her wares, stalled out on a cloth. She mostly sells teas, infusions and balms for various illnesses.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

"Makes sense to me." Oliver adds in, leaning against the wall and munching on a candybar as he tries to clear his thoughts. Continously using that ghosty-vision of his can get really exhausting, so he'll take whatever chances he can to rest and regain some energy. Now if only all the spectral energy built-up in this place wasn't starting to give him a headache....
    [Arkham Street Hospital: Depths]

"So door with claws it is then."

Grantz wonders what this keycard is for? He hoped it lead to treasure.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-16 at 05:45 PM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

9. - Top - End - #939

[Arkham Hospital]

No undead are detected immediately to the north.

Which...

Is probably a good thing, to be honest. Unless people like blowing up undead monsters. In which case it would be a little disappointing.

Anywho!

Though the clawmark door!

Winifred holds her halberd in a ready position as she creeps through the door, her fox-fire lighting the gloomy path! Almost immediately the path splits into three separate hallways, one continues west, one to the north, and one to the south.

Bloody clawmarks trail along the southern wall and vanish around a corner.

If the mostly ruined sign in front of them is to be believed the western path leads to the bathrooms. And the northern to the radiology lab.

[Mispelled Cemetary]

Silly Tomas!

That isn't Jesus. Jesus own the car wash over on Generic Street. He isn't a giant corpse dog!

Fredrick dives forward as the Gool Howned snaps at him with its jaws of jagged, broken bones! He turns to face it, a blazing razor edge shield fwoofing into being in one hand and a whip made of blue flames igniting in the other!

Then the monster bays at them. The sound of a massive hound barking combined with the tormented screams of hundreds of people enslaved to this legionous undead. It may cause supernatural horror to grip the minds of those that hear it, resulting them to flee in blind panic!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Mikani will move quickly to put her hand on her shoulder!
    "It's OK! I won't let you get hurt, I promise," she declares emphatically.
    Mikani successfully places her hand on the woman's shoulder. She looks confused as the pain seems to drain away. "Thank you."

She tries to stand up again, but with a yelp, decides to sit back down. "I thought you healed me?"

Pearl wanders over to Irene.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Don't pat yourself on the back yet Mikani!

Irene sighs in exasperation and turns to go deal with other things. Whereupon she notices someone watching. She tries to concentrate and see if that someone has her soul piece or is just a gawker.
    Whatcha lookin' at? she tries to follow Irene's stare.

Irene can feel the presence of her soul in the gawker. He glares at her, and she may get the feeling that she wants to strip and dance.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #941
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Rooftops]

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The gargoyle is knocked off course by the wind, frost forming on its stone body as it slams into a pitched tile roof, sending fragments of tile into the air and splinters of support wood. Afterwards, the gargoyle flaps up from somebody's attic and attempts the same manoeuvre. It is slightly slower, however- the cold has certainly affected it.
    Kyinde dodged backwards this time. "Hmm. Maybe I'll stick to my weakest spells." Even if she wasn't too concerned about the initial property damage, she wanted to be a bit more careful.

Her next spell summoned a cloud of cold fog to surround the gargoyle and hopefully obscure its vision. Then she made a leap to another roof to throw it off a bit.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-05-16 at 07:26 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Hekta is fully visible, waving widely with her both arms to get his attention and gestures for him to come down, grinning widely. "Look what I found! Come down! You need to pet her!" Her? Oh well. Technically Kashi don't have a biological gender right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi looks up to the window at Hekta's flailing and shouting. Oh, so that's who she wanted him to meet. The bronze dragon rears up on his hind legs, holding out his wings for balance as he puts his head up closer to Elias' window.

"Snyui! <Hi, I'm Kashi! Nice to meet you!>" Yay for standard greetings that never seem to get around language barriers!
    "Hekta... that is a dragon." Elias says in a frozen tone. ._.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #943

Master Dahl's Bakery

"I know! Isn't it cool?! I'm going to call her sparklewings! Come on down, we could fly away together!" She seem rather enthusiastic about showing Kashi to Elias, smiling brightly towards the open window.

14. - Top - End - #944

Master Dahl's Bakery

Kashi nods, yes, he's a dragon. It's a wonder only small children and more small children accept that at face value. Riding doesn't sound bad, even though Elias seems rather... leery of Kashi, but the big friendly old dragon is sure this new friend will change his tune.

For now he just sits on his haunches, waiting for a response and ignoring Hekta's use of words like "she" and "Sparklewings". If they couldn't understand him, there wasn't any point in correcting her.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

Master Dahl's Bakery

"But dragons are dangerous!"
    Elias hisses. "They eat people and their breath can kill you!"

Geez, Elias, he's right there!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #946

Master Dahl's Bakery

"Nu-uh, not sparklewings. She flew me all the way here, not dangerous at all." Hekta replies with a nod. "If you can just open the door we could like feed her together. Or you could come out and we could fly!" She argues.

17. - Top - End - #947

Master Dahl's Bakery

Either of those things would be fun. Kashi especially perks up at the mention of feeding. He could really go for something to eat right now, or maybe a few gallons of heavy cream.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Quest]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Mikani successfully places her hand on the woman's shoulder. She looks confused as the pain seems to drain away. "Thank you."

She tries to stand up again, but with a yelp, decides to sit back down. "I thought you healed me?"

Pearl wanders over to Irene.

Whatcha lookin' at? she tries to follow Irene's stare.

Irene can feel the presence of her soul in the gawker. He glares at her, and she may get the feeling that she wants to strip and dance.

Mikani shakes her head apologetically.
    "No...I can't, not yet anyway. I can take the pain away, but you still need to see a healer in order to get properly fixed up. We can help you if you can't walk though," she says. "I am Druid Princess Mikani, what's your name?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #949

[Grey Zone - Undetermined Back-Alley]

A horned figure crouched on a nearby rooftop, glancing down into the alleyway below, pausing and keeping deathly still. It was the usual filthy alleyway, with trash cans and a small dumpster, all of which were covered in undetermined trash-bits from unknown sources.

Of course, the horned figure didn't stop to give the alley too much consideration. He had other places to be. Hooray for evening patrol. The figure stood upright and turned to walk along the rooftop, large batlike wings unfurling as a forked tail extended and curved up over his head like that of a scorpion. Hope I look intimidating enough.

Considering he was doing everything in his power to conceal his appearance with magic, effectively making himself appear to be a living, demonic-looking shadow with long claws, wings, horns, some slight bulges of muscle and a tail, it was likely that commoners and the average individual would be intimidated. Considering the Nexus is anything but average, the appearance wouldn't be all that terrifying, but it was still interesting.

The horned figure glanced down into the alleyway again, as if to double-check and make sure things weren't too out of place. Seeing nothing of interest, the figure turned to continue on.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

20. - Top - End - #950
    Troll in the Playground

Back alley

In the back alley, an explosion makes an opening in a wall. After the smoke and rubble clears, a figure is seen exiting the building.

Salixtra's disguise is form fitting power armour with dark goggles, and instead of her natural chestnut brown hair, she has black hair that doesn't look quite natural. She's wearing a small pack, and carrying a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

"Nu-uh, not sparklewings. She flew me all the way here, not dangerous at all." Hekta replies with a nod. "If you can just open the door we could like feed her together. Or you could come out and we could fly!" She argues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Master Dahl's Bakery

Either of those things would be fun. Kashi especially perks up at the mention of feeding. He could really go for something to eat right now, or maybe a few gallons of heavy cream.
    "No! No no no no we can't have a dragon in the bakery!" Elias says, panicking. "Master Dahl would never forgive me!"

Of course a very determined dragon should have no problem getting in, if Kashi decided to apply force on the door instead of just a nudge.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile...

Above the streets, a small, nimble spaceship zorps back into regular space from the hyperspatial dimensions, carrying a somewhat frazzled pilot and her rather more frazzled passengers.

"Y'all okay back there?" Susan calls back from the cockpit, knowing the sort of effects jumpspace can have on the gut.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #952

[Grey Zone - Back Alley]

Well, thought that was too much to ask for. The shadowy, demonic figure stared off into space with a deadpan expression, eyes narrowed in annoyance. The figure turned to look down into the back-alley again. He quirked a hidden eyebrow, and grinned with clean, bright white teeth, a stark contrast to his shadowy and intimidating exterior.

Well, well, well... The demonic figure quickly jumped from the rooftop, slowing his descent with a muttered incantation.

As he floated downward, wings spread out and tail extended and looped over his head like a scorpion tail poised to strike out, the figure spoke, his voice spreading through the air - attention-grabbing to say the least; smooth and calming, with some kind of magical undercurrent beneath it. "Care to explain what you're doing, making such a racket in the middle of the night?"

Above the Streets

In the back of the ship, one passenger promptly loses his lunch with a quick "HORF! Gods, where did you learn to fly? ****, my head..." Sounds like someone has a headache.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

[Above The Streets]

"We'll be fine once we land, I think!" Lillith calls from the back. Her tone was sweet, but there was and edge to it. She wanted out of the metal box and back out under open sky.

The fiend busied herself worrying over her husband, producing a hankerchief from somewhere and handing it to him.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

[Above the Streets]

"Oh, I don't think your wife would appreciate it if I did that," Susan snarks. "And for the record I learned how to fly from my mom, who happened to be the ship's AI before she became a real girl."

...it's possible that her weaving path amongst the buildings of Inside is wholly necessary.
    Possibly.

...as it is, though, it isn't long before she selects a convienent landing spot near her passengers' desired destination, and pulls up, extending the landing struts as she comes in to settle Joyeuse surprisingly gently on the ground.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Zone - Back Alley

Magic.

Ugh. She'd studied it so much that she could sense it being used around her, giving her a bit of a skin-crawling feeling. But sensing it and defending against it were not the same thing. Instead of immediately trying to make her escape, she lingers to answer the demon.

"The vault closed me in. It was self-preservation."
    Salixtra says. And sure enough, the other side of the brick wall is a small room built like a bank vault, with a large number of various size drawers. It's impossible to tell how many of the drawers still contain their contents, but the thief doesn't appear to be carrying much loot. Not that that means much in a universe with extra dimensional storage.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #956

[Grey Zone - Back-Alley]

"That so? I believe bank vaults are a bit less uncompromising than one would think in a place such as this." The demon approached slowly, wings remaining spread out, encompassing the entire alleyway as he tried to slowly bring Salixtra a bit further under his sway. Charm magic weaved itself into his voice as he spoke, trying to win the woman's trust, and possibly instill a bit of infatuation. Playing the role of a classic bad-boy that every girl wanted wasn't that hard when it came naturally on some level. The voice just seemed so conducive to the process of getting what he needed.

I guarantee Remnant's going to respond soon. Better make this quick. He thought to himself.

[Outside the Needle and Thread]

"...Right. I keep forgetting, this place is totally inhabited by crazies who have interesting backgrounds." Lucas' summary had no small amount of irony, considering he came from a universe where a century-long war was being fought for any number of reasons by two specific sides, and was still in the process of escalating. "Good to be back, I guess..."

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Lillith grins. "It certainly is." She tries to pull her husband close. "I'm just glad you're safe."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Grey Zone - Back Alley

Salixtra has no intention of being trapped in this alley and leaps straight up, while with a flick of the hand a small stick in her hand telescopes out into a a long staff. She uses it to push off the walls to direct her leap and lands on a fire escape, several storeys up from ground level.

"There was no way to be sure there was an air supply. And what if I was a claustrophobe? I might have succumbed to panic."
    Salixtra says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

Susan, flipping switches to ensure that nothing exiting (or just walking under) the ship gets crisped by reactor coolant venting, picks up the ship's intercom microphone.

"Lady and not so gentle man, we have arrived at our destination. We hope you have enjoyed your flight, and that you will accept a complimentary bag of stale, unsalted peanuts as a token of our appreciation. Thank you for flying Kelly Air, do enjoy the veal."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #960

Master Dahl's Bakery

"Aw, come on! I'm hungry too! Can't you come out with food to us then, pleeease?" Hekta asks as she looks at Elias with puppy eyes. "I'll let you fly Sparklewings."