New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

[SRW Plot: Docking Bay]

"For some odd reason I can't remember this became my default form, I'm not sure why I don't have horns or claws like most of my kind....."

Anyway Red follows Mark to the flight of steps. When they get near the door the door will open. The security turned off in this area so no worries.

((There will be hardly anything serious until we get our robots as this plot is SUPER ROBOT WARS))
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Red and Mark]

I've known a few demons in my time. You aren't that unusual. I'lltell you the most commonly concluded subconscious motive for it, but only if you promise not to incinerate me first.
    Mark heads through the door.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Inside the Hiryu Custom]

"Sure, I promise."
    Was that scene where he lighted himself up so he could see that bad? He enters the door. Inside one will notice that its the bridge of a space class Noah battleship. In the middle an AI spots them and greets.

"Welcome to the Hiryu Custom. Please state your names and rank if possible."

The AI uses a laser-like beam to scan the duo
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Mark's attention shifts to the AI.
    Name, Mark. Rank, visitor.
    And back to Red.
    Nothing personal, I hope you understand. But that's what happened to most of the psychologists who suggested it when they told the demons. They concluded that it's because you just want to be loved, so you take the form of what is often observed to be the most functional being to receive unconditional love. Ergo, a young human child. The other theory is that you're a bunch of sadistic creatures who enjoy the pain others experience when being beaten by a little kid. Take your pick.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Hiryu Custom]

To the AI,
    "My name is Red and I don't have a rank so I guess I'm a visitor."

To Mark,
    "Well last I checked i'm no sadist and this form has made me a number of friendly companions, so I guess its the first option. thanks doc"

The AI responds.

"Protocol three activated. Mark scanned, upgrade rank to Colonel and crew leader of the Hiryu Custom. Red scanned, upgrade rank to captain and second in command of the Hiryu custom. Releasing anchors and tarp cover....... Awaiting further orders....... "

"Woah, I have a military rank, awesome!"
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Mark is quick to think this through.
    Have there been any security alerts in the past 24 hours?
    To Red
    I didn't come up with the theory, so don't get snarky with me.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, Red wasn't snarky he was thankful without sarcasm, Doc's just a reference to Doc Who.

"Yes, there was a security alarm 20 minutes ago. Would you like to see live footage Col. Mark? "

Red is sitting on one of the chairs pretending to be military personel.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, every time I see the term "doc" I read it as snarky.

Yes, show me the footage.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    That thing's still going? Swinub, get in there. Ice shard, knock it out. Patrick says, Swinub coalescing from a red glow. The second it's out a sharp spike of ice flies from the air around it towards Phanish.
    [Pokemon Gym]

Phanish was ready to be smacked with another ranged attack. When the shard of ice is thrown at him, he rolls backward over the dirt mound.

"Take him down, Phanish!" The Phanpi suddenly charges over the mound and straight at Swinub.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ice Rink]

Reinholdt nods at Bobbie, before looking at Arel. All those vines and she can't get up? "You'll probably be really good at balancing." Reinholdt says as he goes to help her up. Then again, as a catboy, he is pretty good himself.
    [Ice Rink]

The vines leave her a bit unbalanced in the back. She can compensate for it pretty easily. Not so easily when she's trying to stand with skates, though. If only she had something to pull herself up with.

Thankfully Rein is there to provide help. Once on her feet she's not going to stop clinging to Reinholdt's arm. "How the heck are you supposed to stand with these things?"

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Dwarf in the Playground

"As you wish Col. Mark."

A video shows in a floating hologram like screen. the triplets can be seen fighting off turrets and AI robots. Grantz is casting a spell or something and Mia is hiding behind MDM. The bullets and the lazers hit walls as the party dodges bullets.

Red sees the footage!

"Crud,they musta activated security. How'd that happen when Mia was with them!?"
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

SRW Plot: Red and Mark]

To the AI:
    Call off the security, they're here to see me.
    To Red:
    Probably a communication breakdown. Those triplets seem a bit unreliable to me.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Pokemon Gym]

Glamdring is just watching the fight.

Silently.

Though he did roll his eyes in exasperation when the Magikarp was sent out. Just a little more of the mounting evidence that his master has no idea what she's doing.

Ah well.

He still has to serve her none the less.

[Arkham Hospital]

As horrible as those flying torso monsters are they don't seem to cause any actual physical harm. They're just freaky as all hell. The perverse demonic flame causes them no damage what so ever and they go screeching off through the walls again.

Bye horrible tentacle-faced things!

"Well,"
    Winifred comments. "That was terrible."

As mentioned before two paths are open to our heroes!

A hallway to the north and a door to the east. The torso beasts went flying off to the north if that matters.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arkham Street Hospital]

Another split path. Well at least the torso tentacle is gone.

"man that was bad and i feel bad."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    [SRW Plot: Intuder Alert!]

Well the three gunners are blazing their guns! Bam the front AI Bot explodes creating smoke which means all ground units are blinded from each other. The turrets up above however now aggroed to the triplets aim at them after their earlier aim at all the intruders. Have fun dodging bullets and lasers!
    And dodge they do!

Well, mostly they dodge.

With six turrets and two gunners blazing away at them, obviously no matter how fast they run or what evasive maneuvers they take there's simply no way to avoid every last bullet.

First and Alpha barely even slow down thanks to Grantz's spell, each bullet that rebounds off them causing little more than a stumble and a grunt of pain. It's One, already wounded and lagging behind the others, that really takes the brunt of it. Unable to effectively dodge he gets hammered by bullet after bullet, each one slowing him down more and making evading the next one even harder.

More counter-fire is sent the AI Gunner's way, the smokescreen not effecting the triplets acurracy at all 'cause they were just firing blind in the first place!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Intuder Alert!]

Well, in that case, two more AI piloted robots explode along with the turret nearest Grantz and Mia and MDM. The 2 remaining AI piloted robots stop firing as
    they cannot see the triplets or anything for that matter. The 4 remaining turrets can't see the triplets so they concentrate fire on Grantz, Mia and MDM. But! they suddenly stop as this happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    SRW Plot: Red and Mark]

To the AI:
    Call off the security, they're here to see me.
    To Red:
    Probably a communication breakdown. Those triplets seem a bit unreliable to me.

"Understood Col. Mark. Seecurity systems shutting down. Sir if they come to see you then they are headed the wrong way. That leads to the hangar room where the PT units are located. Would you like to contact them?"

"Phew..... at least they aren't in any more danger."
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-06-02 at 01:12 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Please do. I think we should get them into the systems before continuing.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Dwarf in the Playground

[SRW Plot: Hiryu Custom & Intruder Alert]

"Accessing remote functions."

A giant holo-screen appear in the middle of the area where Alpha, One, First, Mia, MDM and Grantz are.

"Accessing communications....... Accessed, Col. Mark and Capt. Red you can now speak to the guests. Requesting permission to scan and add guests to personnel Database...."

The two groups can now talk. So posting order?
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys. Go ahead and give your name and rank. If you don't have one, just say visitor, and you'll get one.
    Mark turns to wherever the AI is centralized.
    Is there a robot in here that can lead us to where they are?

(order we manage to post in, I'd say.)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Theater Plot]

Fade still not 1100% sure who to kill now will use his shadow sliding near one of the guys shooting around (the NPC who aimed at him).

Jumping out of his shadow with a sword in hand glooming white on one edge and black on the other, he tries to execute the first one by slashing away his head. The sword itself is high magic and will drain the soul of people it wounds. The effect is as strong as the wound it causes is so a killing hit gives Fade back a lot more health then a scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Theater Plot]

For now, Demon Queen just focuses on keeping the innocents, and herself, free of bullet holes. She does this by constantly keeping her arms moving in front of her, thus keeping the kinetic forces at her command moving. These would deflect the bullets before blocking them, but some may get blocked as well.

She keeps an eye on what she can, taking note of who's shooting who. That info may come in use later.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Theater Plot]

((Gah. I lost track of this again. >.<))

Shrike, for her part, is spinning her Daiklave and using that to deflect and block as well!

((Since I have no idea what else is going on. -_-))
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Theater Plot]

It's almost insipidly easy for Jane to get inside before the goon fires on her. As she sees the two gunmen aiming at her, she keeps her implants up and moves to her left, faster than any leading would've been anyway. Then she turns and rushes towards one of the men who'd fired at her, withdrawing a small spear from it's concealed place.

She tries to jump on the man's shoulders, while thrusting the spear straight into his eye. The spear is made of adamantine, and Jane's strength has been enhanced via her tech-implants, so she should have little trouble getting through his armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Theater Plot

For some creatures, it might be a risky enterprise to jump down a hole and fall thirty or forty feet into a hale of gunfire. Teq is not one of those creatures. He plummets into a crouch amidst the now-empty seating, splintering the concrete beneath him as though it were an icey lake. Rather than crash on through, he levels his weapon at the hitmen. Materializing in his hands, a cannon that's large even for Teq is brought to bear, and he opens fire with lethal precision.

By 'lethal precision' I mean he's likely to demolish half the stage. The rounds are magnetically accelerated, with enough numbers and ferocity to tear apart an armored vehicle in seconds. They should travel through the soldiers like spears of divine destruction, sundering their fleshy vessels in a stream of hot tungsten. Percilia asked for a ranged combat expert, and she shall not be disappointed.

Unless the actors are still running around like headless chickens, they shouldn't be harmed. The computer system in Teq's helmet does allow for some differentiating between hostiles and non-hostiles, so the rather dangerous projectiles will travel harmlessly past the innocent patrons of the theater.

The gunfire from the targets does just as little harm to Teq. Their primitive bullets never even make it past his energy shield, which sparks and flickers with each piece of lead that is sent careening away.

((For image reference, I've finally found the original picture that inspired Teq Vraal:

Spoiler
    Show
    ))

[Theater Plot]

Absolute pandemonium ensues in this stadium of death today, folks! We'd have a legit NPC riot on our hands if not for the foresight of the discerning but amateurish troopers had in thinning the crowd as it were before things really started heating up! That would be in the interests of nobody here, as that would amount in

Demon Queen and Shrike have put up a valiant front in safeguarding the civilians present in the theater up to this point, but now they might find their bodies and minds liberated from this most noble labor! The survivors of the initial onslaught have spaced themselves out along the walls of the theater, hunched over or prone on the ground in order to minimize the surface area they expose to their sloppy assailants. They've taken as much cover as they is up for grabs in this enclosed battlefield! They're relatively safe. For now.

Moving on...

Fade will find his sword cleanly connecting with the neck of his mark. With an alarmed shout interrupted right in the middle, the man's head is lopped off! He was, up until instants before his death, unaware of Fade's presence and thus unable to retaliate in any notable manner.

Fade's element of surprise is completely purged now, though, and he's right up there in terms of targeting priority as...

Jane. Jane will learn that these soldiers aren't as incapable of fighting back as it would appear at a glance. Lunging at the soldier as she is, he has been afforded a decent amount of time to react, though her speed definitively outclasses his by every measure. He swings the butt of his rifle at where Jane's general body might be when she charges him. He attempts to shunt her away from her, but she might register a spear jab to the eye regardless. That decision I leave entirely up to you to establish. He won't be alive in a minute either way.

The other two grunts who have just finished reloading their guns and those that have recently recovered from Demon Queen's kinetic blast should suddenly be reduced to stains on the stage as Teq's railgun shreds to strips of assorted substances them along with the stage. Swiss cheese anyone? Well, that and the strain of bearing the other combatants engaged in mortal combat up on the elevated largely wooden platform causes the remainder of the floor of the stage to splinter and creak, its structural integrity drawing dangerously close to zero.

But then!

The stage and set simultaneously explode outward as power armor is called onto the site! Four colossal suits of metal coated in reactive shielding technology about 1.5 times the height of a normal man and 4 times as wide and thick. They burst out from deep under the stage, tearing through any and all walls that stand in their way. They are outfitted with two different types of weapon sets. Two are equipped with a flamethrower on their left arm and a massive energy sword jutting out of a source inches behind their right upper arms. Others sport an intimidating electric beam cannon on their right and a titanic metal shield with jagged edges welded onto their left.

The flamethrower mechs emerge with their flame jets ablaze, infusing their deadly spray with napalm to give it a more lasting effect. They aim primarily at Jane and Fade. The two heavy beam cannon mechs move to engage Teq in close quarters combat before, they estimate, he is able to reload his crazy battlecruiser armament.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Hotel of Creepy Things

Javert just rests in Lintha's arms before moving and trying to stand. He still leans heavily on her though. He does look rather alarmed at the noises on the thirteenth floor. Thirteen was an unlucky number. He still holds Lintha's waist and rests his head buried in her shoulder. Hew's in a large amount of pain.
    [Haunted Hotel of Javert's Nightmares]

Ding! The elevator reaches its stop and releases Javert and Lintha on the fifteenth floor of the building. The air here smells of scented vanilla air freshner with a faint taint of ash. A maid ambles up to a room with her cleaning cart, twists the shiny metal doorknob and enters, leaving the hallway outside desolate and depopulated.

Lintha, room keycard firmly held between her teeth, rebelliously strolls up to room 999. She expectantly stands outside of it, unable to gain entry to the living quarters until the card is swiped. She herself cannot run it through the scanner without either dropping Javert or contorting her body in a most uncomfortable manner.

"The card!"

Lintha struggles to entreat!

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Wanderin' Through the City]

"Repeeent!" caterwauls a disheveled looking hobo wearing a sandwich board and a paper-bag like a hat. He rings a large bell to get the attention of as many people as possible.

"Repeeeeent!" he hollers. "Repent for the End of Thread is near!"

Wait.

What?

What's this crazy guy yelling about?

Probably a-

NEW THREAD!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.