New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Nexus Zoo

Krystal nods a little. I come from a world filled with superheroes. Ever since my powers developed, I wanted nothing more than to get into a costume and save people. So I'm still in.

And like...um...he said,
    She gestures towards Young Star, since she doesn't know his name. We haven't worked together before. So, of course our first thing won't go great. I think...I think it might be a good idea to sit down and introduce ourselves and our powers. And then, I guess we start training together.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Nexus Zoo]

Peter nods in agreement with Young Star and Krystal.
    "It's worth a shot, if anything. And I would sure like to sit down right now."
    Fight villains is hard work.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

3. - Top - End - #243

Nexus Zoo
    Gamma Girl grinned. It sounded like most of them were in so far.
    "Well...I kinda...sorta...already have a base for us that's hidden quite well. And it has the perfect facilities for us. That is...if you'll also be joining us?" She directs at the rest who haven't spoken yet.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Arkham Street]

Two pieces go tumbling back into the tray at the corner of the game whilst the other two slide to opposite edges of the board far away from the middle.

Fredrick quirks his head at the board curiously.

"I guess the game knows how to set itself up," the demon fox muses.

Wow!

That sure is handy for people who have no idea what they're doing!

"I guess you just roll the dice now? Maybe someone else can join in later."

He wrinkles his nose at the board a bit. "Though I can't imagine this will take very long. Only a few turns each and we should be at the middle of the board."
    "If it's a lame game, I can just throw it in one of the trash things around. Maybe break it in half first if I'm feeling particularly spiteful. I figure it's worth a try... see what the big deal is about."

Connie rolls the dice and gets an 8, moving her piece that far.

((I can supply a die result link if you want it... but I don't think it's that important in this situation!))

5. - Top - End - #245

[Generic Street]

The healing potion is hurled at the Wight!

Ha!

Now it's in for it! Everyone knows that healing undead makes them get hurt because they're powered by Negative Energy instead of Positive Energy!

...the Wight gets healed by the healing potion. Gee, thanks guy!

I mean, seriously. Negative energy? Really? How is that even a thing?

The impromptu plan backfires horrifically as the Wight may or may not regenerate an arm due to the potion. Probably not, though. It isn't powered by 'positive energy' either so there's actually a good chance the potion will just do nothing.

So... yeah. It just tackled the poor kid. Hopefully a brave barbarian warrior who really feels like hurting something will show up to save the day before it guts Dwayne and turns his corpse into another Wight. Because that would be pretty terrible otherwise.
    Xerga looked over at the undead thing attacking the kid and scoffed.

I could kill that thing easy...

She persuaded herself. She wasn't going to bother fighting this kid's stupid battles, until...

Well, whatever it was, she ran out at the Wight with her greataxe.

"Hey, you! Walking corpse! You in the mood for a real fight?" She said, almost missing the thing but for the fact that Wights aren't exceptionally good fighters.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [PokeCenter]

The spacey woman (who will now be called Caela, in the proud tradition of other Kid Kris characters who never bother to introduce themselves IC but get saddled with OoC names anyway because Kris can no longer be bothered to describe them with adjectives)... does not look very convinced.
    But is quickly distracted by the pokemon itself.
    "Hey, that's a strange Pokemon. I've never seen one like that before."
    And she's seen many of them. Oooh, so many.
    Glamdring isn't wriggling so much anymore. But he still looks pretty grumpy. All these humans are crazy! They don't know anything about honorable combat or... or anything!

The dragon-type Eeveelution just sits there in Becca's arms being cross.

Huff!

The people who were crowding around her before are backing off a bit now... But this new lady is asking questions!

Just in time for Nurse Joey to say, "Excuse me miss? Those Pokemon of yours and your friends are finished being healed."

[Generic Street]

It should be noted that this creature is not a DnD Wight! That was assumed earlier and resulted in trying to heal the thing to hurt it. Result wasn't very positive.

With a hiss the monster hops off the boy, narrowly avoiding the axe swing! And failing to maul said boy to death in the process. Well! That's a step up from his previous situation!

[Arkham Street]

An eight is rolled! And the piece doesn't have to be moved!

As a matter of fact, the piece moves eight squares all on its own! Fredrick peers at it curiously. "Is this elementalism or technology?" he still isn't totally clear on the difference around here.

Suddenly words begin to resolve in the glass dome at the middle of the board. 'Though you go with great ambition monkeys can slow the expedition.'

The demon-fox wrinkles his nose at that. "Monkeys...? Expedition? What's that supposed to me-"

"AAAWK!"

Ohholycrap monkeys!

Dozens of monkeys come pouring out of nearby trees and immediately begin causing mischief! Stealing purses, smashing windows, piling into some poor sod's car and ZOOOM!ing away down the road, and generally being a nuisance!

One of the apes swings past on a vine that totally shouldn't be attached to anything and grabs the game-board!

"Hey! We were playing that!" Fredrick objects as the apes go bounding away toward Mallside.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street

"What the-"

Connie will fly after the monkeys, rather angry about this sudden madness! If she gets her hand on one, she will strangle it with her bare hands. She's stronger than an average human. Not too strong, but strong enough to strangle a monkey.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere in the City]

Since things resolved themselves so that the Kzin did not, in fact, encounter Xerga, Apprentice-Pilot can be found wandering through Inside by anyone who wishes to encounter him.

[Zoo]

Keeper, after using his vibratory powers to knock off the deadtime ooze covering him, nods.

"I will be, yes. It'll be nice to be doing something useful again, and you're already set up. Plus, Krystal and I work well together."

9. - Top - End - #249

[Generic Street]

It should be noted that this creature is not a DnD Wight! That was assumed earlier and resulted in trying to heal the thing to hurt it. Result wasn't very positive.

With a hiss the monster hops off the boy, narrowly avoiding the axe swing! And failing to maul said boy to death in the process. Well! That's a step up from his previous situation!.

"What the--? How the hell did you do that?!" Xerga exclaimed as the wight leaped away. She growled, in the way humanoids growl, and turned her axe just so slightly as she swung again.

Coming up with a new tactic wasn't her strong suit early in life, and it wasn't then and there.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;

10. - Top - End - #250

Alley near DFI

From a shadow on a wall steps Ivaz, looking pleased with herself. She keeps one leg in the shadow and leans back to let June and Talia pass.

Neither of them should feel anything strange from walking through the shadow. To them, it'd be just like walking through a doorway.

Nexus Zoo

Krystal nods a little to Keeper. Yeah. And your power is a very good reason we should get to know each other better.

She looks to Gamma Girl. That sounds like it might work better than doing it here.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #251

Alley near DFI

The yet still nameles guy seems to sit on one of the boxes in this ally. He didn't thught to met them here, the ally was just dark enougth to hide from the good guys.

He waits on his box looking down at the newcomer, he wonders what will come out of the portal.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #252

GnomeWizardGuy

Alley Near DFI

Mr. Nameless might notice a three foot tall t-Rex in a top hat riding a magicians's wand silently float up beside him. He's shuffling a deck of cards and looking boredly off into the distance. If the man turns his head to look at Jurassico he'll scooch a bit forward on his wand and offer one of his tiny hands to shake. Jurassico. Magician, villain, and brightener of people's days through the magic of chaos.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Alley near DFI

From a shadow on a wall steps Ivaz, looking pleased with herself. She keeps one leg in the shadow and leans back to let June and Talia pass.

Neither of them should feel anything strange from walking through the shadow. To them, it'd be just like walking through a doorway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Alley near DFI

The yet still nameles guy seems to sit on one of the boxes in this ally. He didn't thught to met them here, the ally was just dark enougth to hide from the good guys.

He waits on his box looking down at the newcomer, he wonders what will come out of the portal.
    The second thing to come out of the portal is Talia, who was the third girl to appear at the zoo, carrying her jacket and gastubes in one hand, with an elaborate, hand-decorated, deck of cards in the other.

She doesn't appear to have noticed String-man just yet.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [PokeCenter]

The spacey woman (who will now be called Caela, in the proud tradition of other Kid Kris characters who never bother to introduce themselves IC but get saddled with OoC names anyway because Kris can no longer be bothered to describe them with adjectives)... does not look very convinced.
    But is quickly distracted by the pokemon itself.
    "Hey, that's a strange Pokemon. I've never seen one like that before."
    And she's seen many of them. Oooh, so many.
    Glamdring isn't wriggling so much anymore. But he still looks pretty grumpy. All these humans are crazy! They don't know anything about honorable combat or... or anything!

The dragon-type Eeveelution just sits there in Becca's arms being cross.

Huff!

The people who were crowding around her before are backing off a bit now... But this new lady is asking questions!

Just in time for Nurse Joey to say, "Excuse me miss? Those Pokemon of yours and your friends are finished being healed."
    "He's a... Drageon." Becca says after a moment of hesitation. All these new evolutions are hard to keep straight. "He's very rare." There's a touch of her usual pride creeping into her voice again.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Lewt]

Amlin will attempt to pick up the teddy bear, examining it with an appraising eye. An odd little thing, it was. "I wonder what this does."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "Don't worry about me. When you want to make sure your patients are okay, you gotta sometimes make sacrifices."
    He begins walking.
    "By the way, your lunch break starts now."
    There is, luckily, a small employee break room with a snack and drink machine, a fridge, and a single table with chairs.
    When Dave mentions making sacrifices for the good of his patients, it makes a small smile pull at the corners of Westlanna's mouth. It seems she approves of this approach to medicine.

She merely nods in reply to this being her lunch break. She files away the chart she was holding where it belongs and then heads for the locker room where she fishes her brown-bag lunch from her locker. Then, instead of eating in the employee break room, indoors, she decides to make use of the nice weather and heads outside to eat.

The warm sunshine and soft breeze refresh her soul as much as the food refreshes her body.

[Streets of Inside - the Chase from Limit Street]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dragan follows the barking, which only intensifies when he runs past. Once she's back on the street, he raises his gun again and shoots two more goober rounds, one for each of her feet.
    Anatolij hops onto his bike and drives in the direction of the pursuit, ready to catch up with the fugitive or cut off her escape route.
    Filimon remains in the house, guarding it, although he can't see the shadow world of course.
    That is a very ambitious shot: the feet of a running target. He will need to aim carefully and fire slightly in front of where she is so she'll run into the goop-round as it heads for her... it should not surprise him that the attempt is only partially successful.

One of the glop-splats splurshes over the pavement just as Winguardia's boot-clad foot hits the ground. It is enough to coat a portion of her shoe, but not enough to stop her in her tracks. As she continues running she leaves a trail of ooze with every other footstep. Though Dragan is unlikely to notice it, her boot sticks to the ground and then pulls up in a most aggravating manner with every step, and it is annoying the winged woman to no end.

She continues up the street further. She is aiming to head away from the residential area with its quiet streets and open yards and into the commercial district, full with buildings and busier streets where cars and people make losing her pursuers easier.

Anatolij will have the sounds of dogs barking and shots being fired to follow for now, but to get there he will have to drive up the block, turn on the next street over and then turn down the street that Winguardia is running up, unless, of course, he doesn't mind ruining people's lawns and flower beds completely. Then there is a spot where he can cut catty-corner through three yards without running into any fences, he'll intercept the fugitive faster, but he'll be destroying somebody's lovely rose garden...
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

17. - Top - End - #257

[Office Building]

Ally leads Ashley to a 12 story office building in one of the business areas of the city. According to the directory in the lobby, half of the floors aren't even being used. The thief takes the illusionist into an elevator and hits the button for the top floor. This whole place is empty at night. They don't even leave a guard.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

18. - Top - End - #258

[Office Building]

"A whole floor empty?" Ashley can't seem to wrap her head around that concept for some reason. "That just seems like a waste for whoever owns this place. Not that I mind, of course," she says.

19. - Top - End - #259

[Office building > Rooftop]

The nice lady at the front desk said that most people left after the last apocalypse. When the elevator stops, the thief takes Ashley up a short stairway and out onto the roof. It's not as high up as your old place, but it still has a good view...

20. - Top - End - #260

[Rooftop]

"Oh. That actually makes a lot of sense." As far as Ashley recalls, the last apocalypse was one that almost actually happened. She steps on the rooftop and takes a long breath of the cool air. "I think it's great up here."

21. - Top - End - #261

[Rooftop]

Ally nods in agreement, then sits down and admires the mage's figure. A very good view...

22. - Top - End - #262

[Rooftop]

Ashley glances at Ally, realizes what she said, and her face turns beet red. She moves to sit next to the thief and says, a little more quiet than usual, "I really like when you look at me like that."

23. - Top - End - #263

[Rooftop]

Then I'll do it more. The thief leans over to try to kiss Ashley.

24. - Top - End - #264

[Rooftop]

Ashley happily returns the kiss. "I hope so. Can I look at you that way, too?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Blue Zone- Street

Something very odd is occurring here. It's raining, but the wrong way. The water is going upwards to the sky from the ground, rather than the other way around. It's perfectly normal water, but umbrellas won't help much here.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #266

[Rooftop]

I'd like that very much, Ash. She grins and kisses her more passionately.

27. - Top - End - #267

[Rooftop]

Ashley again returns the kiss, now tentatively bringing her arms around the thief's shoulders. "I love you, Ally," she mutters after pulling back.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-04-18 at 07:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

[Rooftop]

The thief blushes. I love you too, Ashley...

29. - Top - End - #269

[Rooftop]

Ashley has a wide smile on her face now, and she tries to nuzzle Ally's neck a little. "I'm so happy I'm with you."

30. - Top - End - #270

[Rooftop]

Ally bares her neck and sighs happily. You're the best thing about this whole crazy place. Gods, I'm so glad I met you.