New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Outside XXX

This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
    Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
    Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
    Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
    Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
    Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
    The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
    The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.
    The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.
    Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about.

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Dead Pine Lake]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

Spoiler
    Show

[The Islands]
    Spoiler
    Show

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]
    Spoiler
    Show

Now more commonly known as Melody's Island, since Gersemi has long ago retired.

Where once was a single hut with a few sheep, now stands a single hut, a barn, a few sheep, and a small tented community of orphans. Gersemi's loom still rests in one corner of the single hut.

Melody, like Gersemi before her, is a healer for the surrounding islands.

(Please PM Lex-Kat if you wish to interact with Melody.)

[Redbrick Falls]
    Spoiler
    Show

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

[North Forest]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A magical forest with a mythical spring of beauty. A bit like the Weald, but not nearly as dangerous. For starters, you can find your way back out and the pixies aren't cannibals.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-05-25 at 08:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Returning to AMEN

"Really? Huh." Those are pretty much the odds Ilpholin is used to!

"Is there anything you want incorporated in particular with this? I mean, saying you'd be getting a major position might be too polarizing, so I don't think I'm going to include that part unless you want me to a ton or something."
    Magtok shakes his head.

"Not in the least. I have enough responsibilities to be worrying about right now, not the least of which is finding a horde of fools clueless enough to provide that new justice legion or whatever with something to beat up on, so they don't go flailing in our general direction."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

[En route to DFI – old abandoned road]

The old road was beautifully, wonderfully deserted. Kestrel had asked specifically for the long way around, beautiful scenery… few people…

As she walks by Pyrus, she’s suddenly skittish. It’s a new world, very big and filled with creatures she’s never learned about. A cross-road for other worlds. And yet, here she was, completely by mistake, about to demonstrate exactly why the Nexus could be declared dangerous.

She brushes back her short silver hair with a hand, a gesture of nervousness, leaving it glittering in the sunlight. Gotta say something…

I still can’t believe you’d leave the sanctity of a crowded tavern… with a dragon. You’re… very trusting, Pyrus.

The trusting ones were the worst. They had the big, fearful eyes when they looked at you. Of course, she usually only dealt with animals. He was the first humanoid she’d ever even considered draining. And if he looked at her as fearfully as the creatures had on occasion… she didn’t know if she could handle that!

She wouldn’t kill him, doesn’t kill her meals. Yet they were always worried the first time. She’d be gentle, she’d try not to betray that trust. But then again, she was a dragon.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Route to DFI, Old Abandoned Road

Pyrus smiles happily, It was rather crowded...smelled funny too. I'm glad to be out here....the fresh air and smell of the grass. It's nice...Almost sundown....hm....might as well enjoy the walk. He walks happily, without a care in the world! Hm...I have to ask, did you....burn yourself sometime? The tips of your hair are all black... He walks just slightly in front of her.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Old abandoned road

Oh... Um, well, let's say that my fireball spells have a better chance of landing on me than on my target. She laughs a little. I'm not very good with magic. Which is how I ended up here, I suppose.

She hesitates a moment. You're so calm. Aren't you afraid of me? She's used to having humanoids run screaming whenever she and her siblings entered the picture. She supposes it was the fact that he wasn't running that made the thought his energy somewhat appealing.

That, and the idea that her last creature was still back on her home planet, and that there was no way she was about to return for it.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-04-15 at 07:37 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Old Abandoned Road

He doesn't look back, Afraid? Why would I be afraid of you? You're just self-conscious that's all. You're fine. Also, I might be able to help you with your spells! I made a runic dictionary, all the current discovered runes in the world. He continues walking just ahead of her.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Abandoned road

Why was he being so nice? It's making her remarkably uncomfortable.

I- that would- thank-you! It would be refreshing to learn a spell that won't burn my hair off when I use it! Do you really trust me enough to teach me?

And that was the crux question. She needed him to trust her, even if it was only a little. Feeding by force took its toll on the last creature she'd tried it on, and it had died screaming in her arms as she desperately tried to fix her mistake, shoving huge amounts of energy back into it's skin.

Unsurprisingly, it hadn't worked.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-04-15 at 08:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Old Abandoned Road

Sure I would. My books just collecting dust on my shelf at the moment. I just uncover the magical language, I know a bit of runic magic, I can certainly help you get better. He keeps walking happily. His grimaces when his sandal steps on a rock and sends a jolt of pain up his leg.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Abandoned road

She's there in a flash, with a hand shooting out to catch his arm and steady him, slightly alarmed. Goodness, don't hurt yourself!

Maybe... hmm, how to propose this? It's not like she can just grab him, and they have to be somewhere where he can't just leave. So how to phrase it. Eventually she decides, piquing his curiosity may work. After all, he spends his time decoding ancient runes. He seems like a person interested in the unknown.

I'd like to show you something. Not here, though. And close your eyes. She smiles a little nervously, hoping.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Abandoned Road

He looks back, Oh, I'm fine thank you.
    He stands straight again. Er...sure....just lead the way! Pyrus always was a very curious fellow. He shuts his eyes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Abandoned road

Kestrel smiles slightly. It's the smallest, vaguely sad twitch of her lips. Did he know what he just agreed to? Alright. I'm going to pick you up, don't be alarmed.

She walks around behind him, and encircles his waist with her arms. The wings unfold from her back with a soft rustle.

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!

It's harder picking up two people. But her wings are built for strength, not speed, huge and light, feathered and strong. She lifts them both, her arms sliding up to his chest and holding him against her, claws digging into him just a tiny bit, not enough to hurt but perhaps to break the cloth a little.

Don't struggle or shift too much Pyrus, despite her mouth being near his ear from her position, she still has to speak fairly loudly to be heard of the noise of her straining wings. It'll be quieter when they get higher and can catch thermals. I'll try not to drop you, but if you move around too much I might lose the grip.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Abandoned Road=> Sky!

Pyrus holds her wrists in order to keep himself from slipping. His clothing is strong and doesn't break. Oh! You...we're flying...wow...He looks around for a minute before closing his eyes like she asked. I didn't know that you could fly.... He hasn't quite gotten what "I'm a dragon" fully means yet. His senses are somewhat dulled by the sheer wonder of flying. I love flying...I have a flying machine that I keep near my home. I love it...occasionally fly around here....it's fun. He doesn't move much.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-04-15 at 11:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok shakes his head.

"Not in the least. I have enough responsibilities to be worrying about right now, not the least of which is finding a horde of fools clueless enough to provide that new justice legion or whatever with something to beat up on, so they don't go flailing in our general direction."
    "Oh. There's a new one? What's that, like... the sixth or seventh? Or am I including failures too? Bleeeeech. So many." How does one keep track of them all?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Abandoned Road=> Sky!

Pyrus holds her wrists in order to keep himself from slipping. His clothing is strong and doesn't break. Oh! You...we're flying...wow...He looks around for a minute before closing his eyes like she asked. I didn't know that you could fly.... He hasn't quite gotten what "I'm a dragon" fully means yet. His senses are somewhat dulled by the sheer wonder of flying. I love flying...I have a flying machine that I keep near my home. I love it...occasionally fly around here....it's fun. He doesn't move much.
    She laughs lightly at his slightly confused rush of words. Dragon, she reminds him. And Winged Elf, that helped too.

She flies for a few minutes, and just before sunset, she tells him he can open his eyes.

They hover over a cliff. Far below them, half the world is a gorgeous swirling green forest, half is choppy water, and the Nexus' main city is miles away, a small black dot on the horizon. It's the perfect place to watch the sunset over the water, especially with the faint outlines of snow-tipped mountains in the background. Isn't it beautiful?

And they're all alone. It's time. She begins to draw the energy from him. For now it's so slight, such a small taste of it, that it will have almost no effect. Before she truly begins to draw energy, she wants him to be distracted watching the sunset and scenery.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Cliff Watching the Sunset

I'm guessing she sets them both down now on the cliff?

Pyrus watches everything. Wow...it's beautiful....thank you for taking me here...I haven't been this side of the Nexus yet... He smiles. The energy is taken, tastes a bit like orange juice.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Up in the air

((No, they're still flying. She's not going to set him down while feeding, or else he could walk away.))

She closes her eyes. She cannot 'taste' energy per se, but she can feel it enter her through her palms pressed against him, even through his jacket. Every creature's energy felt different.

A wolf's felt like the hunt. A deer's felt like fear. An otter's felt free. And Pyrus...

Pyrus felt wonderful! Intelligent, free, secluded...

Mmmmm!

She leans in, tilts her head against his, and draws him a little closer, until he's pressing against her completely.

She sips the energy from him faster now. It's still a gentle draw, and still quite slow, but he'd undoubtedly be able to feel that something's happening. Perhaps it's a faint drowsiness, a peaceful, even relaxing feeling as she takes the energy.

My planet is even more beautiful. But this is stunning. Look Pyrus, see the dolphins playing in the water below us? The wind in your hair, the sunset just for us, the fresh salty sea air... she loves it here already! And she's beginning to feel happier as she steals his energy. More alive.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Air Above Cliff

Pyrus feels her pull him closer. He's slightly alarmed, but he supposed she just didn't want to drop him. He does feel more relaxed. He's getting slighlty sleepy too. I like the sea...it's beautiful....Kestrel? Why did you take me here? He tries not to rest his head on her cheek. Eventually though he does.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Hovering over cliff

Kestrel's heart speeds with the influx of energy. She laughs aloud. No reason in particular. She's just happy, energetic, alive!

Sip, sip, sip!

She finds her lips are next to his ear, and she nips at it playfully, not hard enough to hurt. Did I need a reason? It's pretty!

Sip, sip, sip!

Honestly, Kestrel, he's probably figured out that you're doing something. There's no reason to hide it anymore!

Possibly, but Kestrel decides he can wait until later to understand. Right now, she wants him to be happy and relaxed, despite his leeching energy.

Sip, sip, sip!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Floating Over Cliff

Pyrus smiles at her, though it's somewhat less enthusiastic than usual. It's still a smile though. Oh....Well, it's pretty....you sure seem to be in a good mood..... He loosens his grip on her a bit. Are you sure that's the only reason why? He looks at her.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Hovering over cliff

Kestrel laughs again. There's a sudden rush of dizziness as she tosses back her silver hair.

I'm drunk off him...

The realization only brings another fit of giggles, and she plants a kiss on his cheek, sucking energy through her lips from his soft flesh. After a moment she withdraws again, knowing he'd find all this weird... and yet not really caring about that in her current state.

No, it's not the only reason. But it's alright. You trust me, don't you? I wouldn't hurt you, Pyrus. And technically she hasn't! Although draining him is a seriously questionable act...

Sip, sip, never ceasing.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Hovering Over Cliff

Pyrus is getting weaker, sleepier. He blushes as she kisses him, You.....kissed...me? He is now completely relying on her to support him. He kisses her cheek back. I trust you...but....at least tell...me?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Hovering over cliff

Kestrel grips him tighter, keeping them airborne. Perhaps it's odd, but Kestrel has never once left a creature after draining them. She isn't evil, only hungry, and the sole alternative is drinking blood. She didn't even want to consider that option.

The winged elf is not about to hurt Pyrus, not going to let him fall, or leave him on the cliff edge, weak and tired.

Of course I'll tell you Pyrus. But not here, not now. Sleep, and rest easy. I'll take care of you.

Then he kisses her back! Giddy, she laughs and laughs. Hadn't been expecting that! She'd only been trying to reassure him that she meant no harm! In her drunken state, she finds it positively hilarious for some reason or another, and transfers him in her arms so that she's holding him under the knees and back, cradling him against her. Sleep, Pyrus. You need it.

One last sip, and then the energy-stealing ends as she senses he's beginning to run out.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Hovering over Cliff

Pyrus lays on her and eventually starts to sleep. He was suddenly so tired. So...tired...ugh... He falls asleep in her arms.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    AM4
    Spoiler
    Show

AM4 would probably run into trouble finding just about anyone in the swirling snow. It does appear to have a nasty tendency to obstruct vision more than a few feet away. If he has another method of finding Sleet (or Kordak, not sure which he was after, but they're in the same place), however, it may lead him to the patch of field with Marty, most of the greater gnolls, and Drift.

Ordinarily this area would be well-guarded... but with the chaos and confusion, the storm, and the fear that AM4 seems to strike into the hearts of the lesser gnolls, arriving there wouldn't be altogether too difficult.

If he doesn't have another method of finding Sleet or Kordak, then he's in luck. Kremiir's spell has begun to lessen and the snow finally begins to settle, giving a mildly clearer view of the battle.
    AM4 does not have any tracking abilities, instead searching methodically as more and more of the battlefield becomes visible.

If AM4 reaches the field with Marty and Drift, the automaton will stop to see if they require any assistance. If not, the magictech machine will continue onwards silently.

((Sorry, I didn't notice the new thread. ^_^'))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gates

Well, isn't this turning into quite the little party? Moon Called thinks to herself as the events in the front square of Thessaloniki begin to heat up. The transports that had already arrived were long gone. There was no point worrying about them. All they could do now was hold off the rest of the invaders as long as possible and hope the soldiers in the city would be ready when the three Sabertooths had to fall back.

Before moving, Moon Called takes a few moments to assess the threats. There weren't going to be any new threats coming. At least, not through the gate. That was pretty well destroyed thanks to some guy with a comically large amount of explosives up on the wall and Keval's own special brand of magic. For now she and the others only had to deal with the current threats. A tank of some sort. And there, climbing out of the rubble of the burning transport...

Behind her helmet, Moon Called blinks. She couldn't be seeing this wrong. The enchanted ruby over her eye showed her everything without flaw. Magbots? No. MagClones. Two of them. An unusual kind, too. Not a trace of purple robes on the pair of them. And one of them seemed to be punching a hole through the armoured transport with nary a thought.
    Well then. This is going to be interesting.

Hefting her sword, Moon Called addresses her squad. "Keval!" she barks. "Do something about that tank! Sevran! With me!" Without waiting for an answer, knowing she doesn't need to, Moon Called charges in towards the two MagClones, her sword raised high to her right. Following her behind and to her left is Sevran. The bear-masked ice elf holds his longsword down and out in his right hand. His left snatches up a chakram, tests its balance, and flings it at them. If it doesn't hit one of them, it will at least make a sizable gash in the armour of the transport behind them, burying itself in the plating.

Vents -> Palace

And so race forth the halberder, the swordswoman and the spellcaster. The castle isn't very far away, but far enough that it'll still take them some time to get there on foot.
    Will they make it in time?

Museum of History

Sammy, after a few rounds of forgetfulness on his player's part, climbs out of the transport after Eighty. He looks around, and shrugs off his backpack so it only hangs off one of his shoulders. It swings around to his front, where he unzips it and digs around for a few moments before pulling a small, lightweight pistol wrapped in a leather holster. He pulls it out, holding it in his right hand. He'd never fired it at a person before, but he'd fired it at plenty of wasteland critters.
    But he'd be able to fire it at a person if he had to. There was nothing to it. Allen shot at people all the time. How hard could it be?
    Right?

He follows after Eighty, staying quiet. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to speak or not. Probably not.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Hovering over Cliff

Pyrus lays on her and eventually starts to sleep. He was suddenly so tired. So...tired...ugh... He falls asleep in her arms.
    Kestrel continues to hold him for several minutes, continues to fly and enjoy their surroundings, the salt-saturated breeze, the diminishing light.

It really is pretty Pyrus, she doesn't sound five hundred years old. But then again, for an immortal dragon, that's not altogether very old either. Her oldest sibling is two thousand, and is considered a 'respectable' age only!

She continues to cradle him as she spins in the air and flies back to the city. He's so much easier to carry when asleep...

She can only remember the directions to one place... Trogs! So Pyrus can find the continuation of this post on Trogs second floor, as she slips quietly through a window on the upper floor of the tavern.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh. There's a new one? What's that, like... the sixth or seventh? Or am I including failures too? Bleeeeech. So many." How does one keep track of them all?
    Road Back to AMEN

Magtok shrugs.

"They'll grow bored of themselves and deadtime in a month or so. Those sorts always do. Too much crime to deal with, never enough of the easy, reactive sort of problem-solving they seem to adore so much."

The cyborg stops hovering as he usually does, instead walking at the same pace as Ilpholin.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've already met Cessie Mithar, the Watchtower representative. Any idea how she's going to vote?"

Thessaloniki Gate

Our intrepid MagClone team's leader peers out from behind the impromptu mobile shield in

"Crap, elves. You have a solution, colonel?"

The brute force third of the Mystery Meat squad shakes his head, his beefy arms starting to struggle under the weight of the large chunk of transport armor he's carrying.

"We've just about used up all of the surprise our unorthodox tactic may have provided, sir. I'm going to drop the shield, we can hold out behind it until the wall defenses have thinned enough to provide a better opening."

"Better idea. You drop the shield, I provide suppressive from behind and you-"

THUNK! A huge chakram lodges itself in that chunk of armored transport, punching about halfway through and mere inches away from stabbing Roose in the face. The two immediately hit the ground and cover behind it.

"Crap. This would all be going a lot better if we had our wildcard with us."

Indeed, it would be. I'm sure Needs Food Badly will catch up with them soon enough, though!
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-04-15 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

Legion Transport

The triplets begin firing as well, sending as many bullets as they can hurtling in the general direction of the pursuing priest. The transports moving too quick and too shakily for them to really aim, nor are they particularly masterful marksmen, but hey, put enough bullets in the air and one of 'em is bound to hit sooner or later. Or at least force the superspeedy soldier to dodge rather than give chase to the transport.

Outside Trog's- Gnoll Camp

Scooping up a handful of snow and pressing it to his cheek to numb the pain, Kale follows after Grendar as the later leads deeper on into the battlefield. The canid seems stupid and cowardly enough for Kale to trust it, at least as long as it's life is in danger, so the possibility of ambush isn't nearly so pressing a concern as the sheer amount of corpses they pass by.

With the storm letting up, Kale can finally see the dozens of dead slaves and gnolls littering the ground, impaled by icicles, torn to ribbons or otherwise brutally cut down. He can't even remember how many there were at the start, what portion of the fighters are now dead, whether he himself is responsible for any of those deaths....

No. He did his best not to harm anyone he didn't have to and that's all he could have done. It isn't his fault and there's no point and no time for moping about it... Maybe after this is over he can see to it that the poor sods get a decent burial, but right now he has to make sure that the whole bloody affair is over with and that no-one else joins the dead just yet.

Hoisting the pick back over his shoulder and shaking his head as if to dislodge any remaining doubt, Kale picks up the pace, likely leaving Grendar a ways behind as the way towards the camp becomes more clearcut and nearly running up the hill.... Only to stop dead in his tracks as he finally reaches the top and sees the gnoll encampment beyond.

Elders be damned. They've got Marty. And worse yet, Sleet as well. Not to mention a whole lot more than the three or so gnolls he'd been expecting. More than he has any hope of fighting. If he tried, now, all that would happen is the pack would tear their prisoners to shreds and then him too. No chance of sneaking around and rescuing them with the ground littered by leaves, twigs, fallen snow, so much to crush underfoot by accident and give away his position. Nothing left to do but prey that maybe they think like wolves as well as look like 'em. And that the big one in the center, the Alpha if he remembers right, isn't the kind to back down easily.

" 'ey, you! Big guy! I'm challenging ya to an honorable duel, one on one!" He shouts, squeezing the wad of blood-drenched snow into a rough sphere and hurling it at Korlak's thick, furry skull.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Road Back to AMEN

"That's correct. I believe she'll support me in this actually, unless her conservative nature overcomes her and she becomes too wary of the idea. Which is a possibility, but in this case I believe unlikely." Nothing's for certain! But since Cessie knows Ilph is working on a secret project, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think that Cessie would help when Ilph reveals it to her at the meeting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Vroen
    Eadin might feel the excited, yet scared feeling people get while on a rollercoaster when the dragon suddenly takes off!
    "Woooooo hooooooooo!" the girl says as her hair streams back in th air as her dragon swiftly climbs into the sky, then settles at the perfect altitude for cruising and sight seeing.
    In the distance, a large mountain can be seen, surrounded by forests. And high above the clouds the foundations of a tower can be seen on the mountain.
    However, there's plenty of interesting things below the clouds. Like a large cluster of dragons that are all grouped together in a clearing.
    Eadin sure looks a bit scared. A little "Eeeeep" can be heard as the dragon lifts off.
    She'll relax after a bit, and enjoy the sights.
    "Ooooh, what's that mountain?"

Then she sees the dragons. "More dragons? How many of those live here?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar: