New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

[Gates of Inside]

Hildur rolls her eyes at the Boggart's comment. She really didn't like that little creature. "Thank you, Thomas. I'll keep the offer in mind." She waves goodbye at him, and pointedly not Wiggums, as they head into the city.

She stands near Zaal for a few seconds after his farewell, and then jumps closer to him and tries to throw her arms around his neck. "Bye, Zaaldunvah. I hope we see each other again."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-05-13 at 12:20 AM.

2. - Top - End - #422

[Gates of Inside]

Good thing Wiggums isn't out here still. Because if he saw Maar hugging Zaal he would never get tired of teasing the Ebony dragon about it.

He starts a bit when Hildur wraps her arms around him, but shortly sits down on his haunches and returns the hug in kind. He... wasn't expecting that. At all. No one has shown him any kind of affection in... well... a very long time.

When Zaal tries to speak again his voice cracks slightly and he has to take a moment to gather his wits. "I... I would like that too, Maarsukaal."

He leans in to her slightly, placing his chin on her shoulder. "I would like that quite a bit."

After holding the embrace for a time he steps back, rubbing at one of his eyes. Must have gotten some dust in it or something. "May our paths cross again, Maarsukaal, by the Emperor's grace."

And with that he'll head through the gates at a brisk trot to catch up with the Inquisitor.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #423

[Gates of Inside]

Hildur doesn't mind Zaal leaning a bit closer to her at all, and she pats Zaal's wings a bit. She hesitates a little before letting go of her friend, and she watches Zaal heading off for some time, absentmindedly rubbing at her own eyes. Then she heads through the gates, in a different direction from the dragon.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-05-13 at 01:16 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

The Wilderness- Near Hamlet

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The mountain is quiet, unremarkable. Few animals dare roam near, but considering the magic-warped denizens of the surrounding forest that's hardly surprising. The town that lies within it's shadow seems equally tranquil, if obviously still recovering from some cataclysmic event.

Few would guess that carved into the stone of the mountain is a series of catacombs and tunnels that serve as home to Excelsior and it's army, especially as both have been largely inactive in the world at large since the raid upon Erin's Emporium.

Of course, just because they've been ignoring the outside world doesn't mean it's forgotten about them. As they're about to find out.
    Any sentries on duty might detect a faint hum in the air - a moderatly high-pitched mechanical buzzing-whine of what almost sounds like...spaceship engines?

A small spaceship, to be sure, if it's that. And there's nothing in sight.
    Just...
    whining.

From directly overhead.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sentries? Nah, no sentries here. Who needs 'em? Nobody even knows Excelsior has a base here, much less how to get in.

Well, nobody but Remnant, WATCH, Murder, a handful of assassins and a half-dozen nigh-omnipotent sociopaths. So almost nobody.

The sleepy little town nearby sure looks spooked though. People are running ever which way, gathering up children, running to houses, trying to get out of the streets..... It's rather odd how they know something's up. You wouldn't expect a backwater village like that to have the resources needed to see through cloaking shields.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Pixie in the Playground

[Gnoll encampment]

And so, AM4 looks around, given a few moments of respite from any attack. Which makes now as good a time as ever to outline the new state of the rather dramatically split field. To one side, Talnissa makes the only noticeable movement, raising the dead and directing them around. The Bile Thralls, masked and patched up, join the ranks of the gnolls with little enough protest, and are received with only a few looks of 'hey, weren't you dead a few moments ago?' Other than that, however, nobody seems to be paying the necromancer or her creations much heed.

Everything around her is silent and smothered in red. Scattered about the field in small clusters are groups of worn and tired-looking slaves, kept in place by two or three gnolls per group, who are expending little effort keeping them there. Every now and then one manages to slip away. Their guards don't even appear to notice or care.

The eyes of every hyenid (aside from Kremiir, who hauls himself up and limps away as quickly as possible to rejoin his brothers, probably planning on rallying a new attack against the robot who'd just granted him his life) are fixed on Kale and Kordak's battle, which takes up the entire second half of the field. The gnolls have lost the will to fight, unsurprising as they had only been fighting due to Kordak's threats and claim as their leader. So the main question on every hyena's mind is: 'is it even possible for a creature to claim dominance over a pack of a different species?' Which is a pretty good question, actually...

The alpha male doesn't appear to be taken in by Kale's feint. Or, well, he does believe that's where the fallen weapon is, but he's not about to go leaping into a struggle for an item he doesn't even know how to use properly. Besides, as stated, he doesn't even like two-handed weapons, believing them dangerous for victim and user.

So, it's time for the whip to come into use! The horrible black weapon, long, jagged, and coated in dried blood at the tip, flashes in his paws. He's not cracking it at Kale directly, but at the space between him and the snowbank where he perceives the weapon to be. It's meant as a disincentive only. He doesn't want the elf to have it in his hands again. He'd seen the damage it had dealt to his brother.

Said brother isn't even supporting him, content with dying almost peacefully. 'Almost' peacefully, for although he doesn't actually move, can't actually move, he's still bothering Marty well enough. “You say I die? Naw, my brother'll win, and then he'll make Sleet heal me. You're the one who's not gonna last, elf, I'll see to that. You'll have all the pain she did, and no chance to flee.”
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-05-14 at 09:15 AM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    [River Styx]
    The darkness envelops the area and the place feels cold, Grantz never did like the cold. The darkness made it so that his eyes and full-body tattoo glow strongly as if it was trying to stave away the darkness. He sees the man on the boat and does nothing. He was not an expert on the place so he'll let Eadin and Lynette declare who is hostile and who is friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    River Styx

The robed figure holds aloft a reed pole, topped by a swaying lantern that holds a pale purple flame which dances merrily in stark contrast to his stern and stiff posture. Should the three approach, he will extend an empty, gnarled hand out towards them ominously, "Three travelers here, hale, whole, and hearty. Why have you traveled to this... deserted place before you time to settle in the beyond has approached? His palm is held flat out towards them, signalling that they should come to a halt and go no further. A mist swirls at his feet from over the river, clinging to his robes like a starving child.
    Eadin steps forward, approaching Charon.
    ''Greetings, Charon. I am Eadin, and I have come to visit Hades.''
    She gestures to Grantz and Lynette. ''These people are my companions, we are here with peaceful goals.'' She bows her head to him, a showing of respect.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

[River Styx]

Grantz follows suit as well, bowing down to the man named Charon. He, however doesn't say anything and just keeps his eyes fixated on Charon.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

[River Styx]

Lynette inclines her head as well, feeling it best not to offend whoever Charon is, especially with who she suspects him to be; the rather large - two-and-a-half feet tall - raven on her shoulder does also, though he seems to be somewhat wary of the ferryman.

"Greetings to you from me as well, Charon. I am Lynette, and my raven is Réaltabáis."

10. - Top - End - #430

River Styx

Charon remains silent as well, for a time, seemingly judging them from beneath his voluminous hood.

"Would you swear on that, over these waters through which all oaths remain unbroken? Even if you would not, your intention is not my concern. Four for the ferryman and two pence a piece. Eight pieces of silver is all you need forfeit to secure your passage beyond. How you intend to get back once your visit is through is also not my concern." Charon gestures to each in turn, including the raven in his count. He may not have had Lynette not named it specifically, but it is hard to be certain.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

[River Styx]

Hmmm...... Grantz does not have that type of currency, only macca. He looks at Lynette and Eadin in turn and whispered so that hopefully Charon would not hear.

"Excuse me Miladies but I don't have the type of currency he is asking for. I wish to ask one of you to pay my fare, I'll pay you in equal amount of macca my....... kinds........ currency"
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

Grasslands

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Crash Site

Edda gives a bit of a groan at the announcement that there's no settlement near by. The announcement is mitigated by a dog's tongue, and looking down, she pets Mori, gently scratching between the ears. As many questions as the boy answered, he caused more to rise. Who the hell used "leagues" as a measurement any more? And what was with the Ren Faire get up? Before the ship was attacked, she and many of the crew of Firebrand heard rumors that the Space around this system was an oddity. Maybe this was a result?

With a sigh, the Ensign looks back into the lifeboat. "Just let me grab a few more supplies and we'll head to the forest." With that, she heads back into the boat and starts rummaging around, getting as much in the way of supplies as she could carry.
    Cole offers himself and Mori to assist in carrying. He himself seems to have no sort of gear at all, but with a little bit of rope, he can easily work a harness for the dog and will himself carry anything Edda asks him to. However they are arranged with the gear, they head out over the plains. It's about 3 miles to the edge of the forest, and they'll all be glad of the shade when they get there. The sun is beating down unmercifully.

I imagine at some point, if she asked his name, he would have told her to call him Kell. And perhaps Edda might notice that he travels barefoot, and has elaborate jeweled anklets that barely show under his travel worn robe. She might also notice that there is usually a bee flying around him or landing in his hair or on his shoulder.

For his part, Kell doesn't seem to show any real awareness of Edda as a woman. He accords her all the deference that his culture taught him to give to women, but he isn't really conscious of her as a potential sex partner. The subtle chemistry that nearly always exists when a man and a woman are in close quarters is absent. Generally when the "man" is a boy full in the throes of puberty, the chemistry is less subtle and more clumsy and embarrassing. But it's usually there, in some way. Though perhaps Edda is too shellshocked to really notice its absence.

Mori has boundless enthusiasm and friendliness, and is determined to make her new two legged friend like her. She has that doggy sense that tells her that Edda has a sad, and that he needs friends now. She's likely to be much more comfort than the odd boy she travels with.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #433
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Lairan Dragon Caves

Pyrus's skin turns a red color as he sweats. He was sunburned by Draaxar. He stares for a minute before running off to find Kestrel. Though its very possible he could get lost.
    It's rather difficult to get lost in these caverns. The tunnel takes him back up to the main atrium. And from there, he can choose which other one to enter. And while there are ten other tunnels to choose from, they all seem to be conveniently configured to a certain element.

Undoubtedly, Kestrel's is the one that makes hair stand on end when he gets too close, and sends shivers of electricity crawling through the skin.

Not that it matters too much, because she's pacing just inside the mouth of hers, making herself sick worrying over him.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-05-14 at 11:20 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Lairan Dragon Caves

Pyrus shudders at the static electricity. A lot of powerful creatures here. He saw Kestrel and walked over timidly, as if expecting Draxxar to appear and eat him up in a huge gulp. He'll wrap his arms around her and nuzzle her cheek softly. He was obviously very afraid and not at all happy about that conversation he just had.I...Kestrel...hold,me...

15. - Top - End - #435

[River Styx]

"I do swear," the hydriad says as she goes to look for the fee.
    And then there's Grantz's request.
    "Silver is silver. Doesn't matter what coins, often enough," she shrugs as she pays fare for everyone. She came prepared, and it's always good to bring a little extra.

((Serph, could you try sticking to the posting order? To prevent things getting confusing and people getting skipped))
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Sentries? Nah, no sentries here. Who needs 'em? Nobody even knows Excelsior has a base here, much less how to get in.

Well, nobody but Remnant, WATCH, Murder, a handful of assassins and a half-dozen nigh-omnipotent sociopaths. So almost nobody.

The sleepy little town nearby sure looks spooked though. People are running ever which way, gathering up children, running to houses, trying to get out of the streets..... It's rather odd how they know something's up. You wouldn't expect a backwater village like that to have the resources needed to see through cloaking shields.
    And the events in the backwater village get ignored by the pilot of the one dinky little Puddle Jumper, as Aeryn sets it on autopilot hovering over her target, and walks to the rear door.

She hits the button to lower the boarding ramp, leaving now the odd sight of a view into the Alteran shuttle's interior, hanging in midair, the half-ghost wearing a tightly fitting leather-armour flightsuit, and holding two small cylinders, one in each hand, as she steps to the end of the ramp.

Holding out her hands at an angle from her sides, she squeezes the cylinders in them...

snap-HISSSS
    snap-HISSSS

...and, double-wielding green blades of plasma, the white-haired woman dives from the Jumper's boarding ramp, doing a backflip in midair as she descends.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-05-14 at 07:59 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

The Shifterback growls at the creature when it shows itself, but other than standing protectively in front of the wolf girl, he can't do much else for now. He's just a dog after all. A magical dog, but merely a dog.

Crash Site => Different Forest

Edda ends up getting a bag of "rations", which she feels she might as well have left since all she could find was blue cheese dressing and oatmeal. At least the dressing was high in calories and the oatmeal was filling...

Other than that, she finds a spare laser pistol, a battery for the stunner, an extra uniform of her size, a knife, and a couple filled canteens. Mori won't need a harness put on her to carry any of it, and the Ensign readjusts her hat and uniform one last time before they begin their traveling. She does notice all the odd things about the man, if only because she doesn't trust him fully and ends up scrutinizing him quite thoroughly. The only thing she doesn't really mark down is the bee that buzzes around constantly.

That said, she seems content to travel in silence and ignore the pair, only reaching down to pet Mori on occasion. Unfortunately for her, Edda's lost too much too quickly to have recovered from the shock of it yet.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnoll Cave

Marty growls at Grendar. Fine...H-Hurt me...r-rip me...at least I'll die knowing I'll b-be missed. You'll be missed by no one. N-No one ever l-loved you. You'll d-die unloved...unwanted. I will be missed. I hope you rot...

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Black Forest

Only the most generous assessment would consider Kell a man. He doesn't even look his true age of 16 yet. His bare face has never yet needed a razor's touch.

This ancient forest has massive trees, with a thick canopy that makes it quite dark. "Be careful of your footing, ma'am. The leaves can be slick." The undergrowth is thick, but Kell leads them unerringly towards a small path that is probably made by deer. "We will reach the river soon, and then you can rest."

Another ten minutes of walking, and they reach a slow, deep river. The canopy still is continuous over the river, but thinner, allowing a bit more light. Kell leads her to a mossy bank. "The water here is safe to drink, m'lady. If you would like to rest here, I can prepare you a shelter before night falls."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #440

[At a Crossroads in a Forest at Night]

((Spoilered for length, poorly translated Latin, and PLOT. ))

Spoiler
    Show
    The handsome young man known only as Mithra, dressed in a custom tailored suit, consults an ancient scroll. He directs a large man in the process of inscribing a large magical circle in the center of the crossroads. This large man, like the others standing guard around a parked limousine, is wearing a white shirt and black suit that strains to cover his greatly muscled body and bulges in places where he has "concealed" big firearms. The unofficial uniform of expensive bodyguards. Under these suits, etched on the massive biceps of these men, are the tattoos proclaiming them to be members of various elite military units. A prerequisite in this career. The special combination of money and nonexistent morals kept these hired killers discreet. And they were chosen as much for their ability to smash stuff as for their willingness to smash stuff that most people wouldn't smash. Because tonight these bodyguards became accessories. Not the fashion kind, but the kind that helped their employer kidnap a young girl. The kind who are dragging her out of the limousine, her hands bound with magical chains to seal her power. The kind who drop her in the middle of the completed circle. The kind who will stand back, watch this beautiful girl with the ears of a red fox be sacrificed, and will do nothing. Except take a big fat paycheck, of course.

You can't do this to me! My father is the Commander of HALO! Let me go now or he'll kill every last one of you! Do you hear me!? You can't... No! Stop! Plea-augh! P-p-please... daddy... ack... h...elp...

Mithra admires the blood on the Infernal dagger before plunging it a final time into the foxgirl's chest. It seems a great pity to waste such a beautiful creature, but her power will make a great sacrifice. Perhaps, when I become all-powerful, I will create more like her. He steps out of the circle and holds the scroll up to the vehicle's headlights so he can read the fell incantation.

Ave Satan! Invoco Lucifer, Princeps tenebrarum et Pater Mendaciorum! Virginem sacrificavi ut te arcessam ad hoc bivium intra Nexum universorum. Dona me potentiam sine fino. Da mihi facultas informare mundus ad voluntatem meum. Dona mihi vim mutantis verum creantisque miracula. Si me regem faustum facis, animum immortalem meum in commercio tradam. Iuro me sacrificare ad Vulpem Atrum, Diabolus blandissimus.

Nothing happens. Nothing is called forth by the ritual. Nothing replaces the dead girl inside the circle. Nothing takes the form of a tall, winged man. After a brief moment where it seems as if Nothing will drive everyone mad, Nothing resolves itself into an angel made up of silently flickering black fire. The aura of profound Evil continues to terrify all present, but this light-absorbing, black hole of a fallen angel is easier to deal with than Nothing at all.

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Lucifer and you... you are Faust. A character defined only by this Contract.

Mithra doesn't argue the point. Not because he agrees, but because he is far too afraid to disagree out loud.

I know what you want... And you think you know what I want. But this isn't a contract, little man. I'm giving you this power because it amuses me. And I will take whatever I want from you, whenever I want it. You won't be able to stop me. But have your power to reshape the world. Have fun using it in the Nexus. Enjoy yourself while you can. The Devil appears to smirk, reaching out a hand to bestow a terrible power onto Mithra.

And then Nothing happens. Nothing disappears, along with the scroll, the dagger, the foxgirl, and the circle. As if they had never existed. As if Nothing has ever existed.

The mercenaries slowly come out from hiding behind the limo, trying to pretend that their macho images, not to mention their underwear, haven't been ruined. They eye their boss in wonder, trying to figure out if he truly gained that power. Mithra points a finger at his limo. Bang. The luxury vehicle explodes away from the gathered men, peppering the trees with shrapnel and singing off the leaves and the grass with a ball of flame.
    Next, with a feverish grin on his face, like a child who bribed Santa into giving him everyone's gifts at Christmas, he theatrically sweeps his hand towards his bodyguards. Their suits become thick plates of black armor, their firearms turn into destructive pieces of handheld artillery, and their combat knives grow into glittering swords.
    Mithra bursts into maddened laughter and turns his gaze to the night sky. He sees where there is certainly no giant airship hovering above and he warps the universe until there is a giant airship hovering above. The power to destroy. The power to change. The power to create. He and his black knights board the airship and glide away from civilization. Mithra will hide out for awhile and build his strength while he plans the best--and most fun--ways to use his powers to destroy the Nexus and recreate it however he desires, changing the universe to his whim.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lairan dragon caves]

Kestrel's immensely relieved to see him, and gladly returns the embrace. "There. You never need to talk to him again." Which is the truth of it. As he is her master, she couldn't keep Pyrus a secret, but now that he's been made aware of the human's existence she could stay with him.

She gently touches his face, a brief flash of worry again when she sees how red his skin is. "He didn't burn you, did he?"

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Lairan Dragon Caves

Pyrus cradles her, resting his chin on her shoulder, cheek rubbing hers. Pyrus looked close to tears. Draxxar coyld have killed him. That puts a lot of fear in most people, just the constant knowledge that something could burn you to a crisp. He looks sunburned and red, his lips cracked. Oh Kestrel...it was so hot...I almost fainted...I don't ever want to see him....so hot... He nuzzles against her, content and happy in her arms. He was safe there.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dragon caves => grassland]

"Perhaps we ought to leave, then." If he's afraid of Draaxar then he really, really wouldn't like meeting Nixa.

...or Shade...

...or Misha...

Well, okay that settles it. She doesn't trust any of her siblings around him. So, very gently she pulls away, but keeps an arm wrapped protectively around him. She leads him out of the caves and back into the grassland, offering as much support as he requires in his state of shock.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

[Gnoll Encampment]

If Marty is under attack, AM4 will march to its Ally's aid and aim an almost superhuman punch at the attacker. But otherwise, the robot will simply look at the duel between Kale and Kordak, unsure of what to do.

If the Drows are not nearby, the Ethereal light from the machinaton will soften and begin a slow pulsing. Almost as if it was taking a break.

(Sorry, I keep forgetting their names. I believe Sleet was one of them and the other is the one AM4 has been taking orders from so far. ^_^')
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wilderness- Fortress Mountain

And here Erin will meet the first obstacle to her roaring rampage of revenge... A metric ****ton of snow piled up in front of the only door leading in or out of the mountain, which itself is about a ten foot high and two foot thick chunk of solid steel.

At least she won't have to waste time digging through random snowdrifts to find the gate though, as from this distance it's pretty damn obvious that a lot of snow has recently been moved to one particular spot on the mountainside. Excelsior really needs to clone some people who understand the basic idea of camouflage.

Meanwhile, Inside the Mountain

An alert has been sounded. Say what you like about Excelsior, they do occasionally learn a thing or two from their mistakes. In this case, that setting up an alarm system in the nearby town would probably be a great help in preventing anyone else breaking in, busting the place up and causing havoc...
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [River Styx]

"I do swear," the hydriad says as she goes to look for the fee.
    And then there's Grantz's request.
    "Silver is silver. Doesn't matter what coins, often enough," she shrugs as she pays fare for everyone. She came prepared, and it's always good to bring a little extra.

((Serph, could you try sticking to the posting order? To prevent things getting confusing and people getting skipped))
    River Styx

Charon lets the coins fall into his palm and then steps aboard his craft, allowing the four to board behind him if they wish before dipping his pole into the water and shoving off. It will be a mostly silent journey except for one admonition, "You would be well advised to avoid eating or drinking anything provided while you are here. In Hades' realm, even the food is barred from leaving, unless under specific circumstances."

On the other shore, the mists which enshrouded the craft during the entire journey part, revealing a barren, lifeless beach of shale and granite. The four are free to disembark.

((Just moving things along so my cameo can be done with.))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Grasslands?

Pyrus c;lings to Kestrel's waist tightly. He was afraid still. That creature was a menace...he could see why people didn't like dragons here now. That...That thing was a monster. I don't....I don't ever want to see it again...it c-could've....eaten m-me...

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Forest]

Whew, that was close! No one got hit by the tree.

But, uhm.

Looks like the tree was just the tip of the iceberg.
    Heavy footsteps seem to be fast approaching, along with a terrifying howl.

Soon enough the creature reaches them.
    It's pretty hard to see what it really is, mostly a big shadow with flaming eyes.
    Those eyes.
    It might mesmerize one, if not careful. But the sharp shadowy teeth should warn anyone not to let their guard drop.
    [Forest]

Raril is quick to bring his crossbow up and fires at the center of the shadowy thing. He drops the weapon immediatly after firing, knowing he wouldn't have time to reload. Besides, something stronger than a crossbow bolt was going to be needed. The drow draws a pair of shortswords from his belt, already frost began to form on the enchanted blades, and a sheen of silver light encompassed them. Snarling, Raril leaps up onto the fallen log and runs towards the beast, blades flashing.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

29. - Top - End - #449

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Above The Sea

The spray is stopped by the ice, causing the beast to rear back and roar in anger. That said, it also shatters the ice, causing sharps shards to fall onto the quickly drying Fudgemen below. They release primal screams of agony and fury when they're hurt.

More begin crawling out of the Krackle's mouth, seemingly an unending tide and even more begin climbing out of the water and on the Krackle's skin, latching on with their sticky hands and knives. A quad of thick candy tentacles rise out of the water, swinging towards the flying ship. Two are on the port side, and two on the starboard. One of the Spellcannon roars, launching a powerful bolt of lightning to hit squarely, blasting a large chunk from the creature's appendage and rendering it useless. But even with the small arms fire from the crew, the other three continue their course...

Above the sea
    Damn, thing's scary.

Eadin will try to send some sharp waves to the tentacles, hoping to slice them before they do damage.
    She'll try to destroy the fudgemen with water and ice projectiles as they approach as good as she can.
    "Captain, does this thing have any weakness?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

30. - Top - End - #450

[Forest]

Flapity flap.

Flapity flap.

Snapity snap crack crunch *THUD!*

A creature the size of a large tiger clad in obsidian-like hide etched with blue sigils suddenly comes hurtling through the forest canopy, shattering branches and splintering limbs on her way down! The eldritch beast strikes the earth at full speed, plowing a furrow into the forest floor with her face.

Zee sits up and spits out a mouthful of dirt and decaying leaves. In her wake a number of vibrantly colored, alien looking plants start pushing up out of the ground.

"PLEH!" would be the sound of soggy leaf-litter being expelled. "Haha! Got my new body! Gravity works a lot better on Starspawn puppets! Hehehehe!"

And then quite abruptly the chimera is a normal looking human female brushing mud off her shirt. "Sorry I'm late! What did I miss? Are we fighting a thing?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.