New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Dark Forest

Edda chews her food silently as she contemplates what the boy told her. If the city made him sick just by going near it, then was it really a good idea to go to it? A city must be pretty far gone for it to be that bad. Unfortunately, she'd have to go there anyway. Chances are that if any of her comrades survived, they'd go there, right? Maybe their radios had simply broken...

"Is there any way I can repay you for this?"
    She asks the boy after a moment.

"No, ma'am. I am only doing my duty,"
    Kell says. He pulls the smaller chunks of meat out of the fire with a stick and waits for them to cool. "Bah! No, Mori! You had yours already!" he scolds when the dog shows too much interest. Mori sits, his tail thumping against the ground, and looks at Eddy. Maybe she'll be more forthcoming with the treats!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Forest]

Reinholdt would investigate the big red orbs. Maybe even collect a little shadow dust. But he's far too busy flailing and screaming in agony. Sunlight... doesn't agree with him either. At least not yet.

Fortunately Rein still wears heavy and it was a very brief exposure. All the same, Rein crouches low, pulling out his umbrella to hold in front of him and shield himself from Raril as he whimpers.

Ow.
    [QUOTE=Wolfbane;1325834]

Forest

The Shifterback falls to the ground once the creature dissolves, and it gives one last growl before sniffing the air to make sure that there weren't any others in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Forest]

Zee's arm doesn't revert back to normal. In fact, it never looked strange and freakish. Just always a totally normal human arm. Best to not try to think about it very hard.

She pulls the tattered skin off her body and quickly begins to regenerate a new covering over her obsidian hide. The damage was only cosmetic after all. No different than a human getting their clothing torn. Only a lot less pleasant to look at than your typical battle-damaged attire.

"Yay! We win!"
    Zee laughs.

And since Rebo has been given godmodding permission for Raril...

The drow mutters an apology to Rein before stooping down to examine the weird eye things! A quick divination later should identify any magical properties they have.

[Forest]
    Magena joins the Shifterback in sniffing!
    Doesn't seem like there's another of those shadow creatures around. Or anything else alive, for that matter.
    Magena shifts back to human form. "I smell some faint human scent a bit away, along with some burnt wood smell. Must have been a camp. Blood too, but it's not fresh."
    Maybe the Shifterbacks owners were there?
    And then Zee ... pulls off her skin! Magena seems a bit scared and disgusted..
    Probably doesn't see this on a daily basis. Poor girl.
    While Magena is staring at Zee, Raril examines the eye things!
    Obvioously magic, they seem to be enchanted with some sort of mind-overriding spell. They can be implanted in.. most thinking things, giving you control over their thoughts and stuff. Explains why a normally passive Shadow went all feral. Bigger question is who did this? And why!
    If one tries to touch them, they'll feel very warm. They'll hurt if you hold them for a little bit, but nothing skin damaging. Just uncomfortable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Above The Sea

Blood gives a nod in reply before getting below decks with much of the crew. There's still plenty on Deck to run it though, and it'll be the better part of a half hour before the Captain makes his way back up. He has a pony keg on one shoulder and a massive plate of seafood on his other arm. Even though the ship is unsteady, his steps are true and grin is broad as he sets them both down near her before taking a seat with his back on the rail. He reaches into his sash to pull out a tap and slams it into the side of the barrel to fill up a couple wooden mugs full of rum, offering one to her. "To you, Sea Goddess. Cheers." He tells her before throwing his head back and finishing his mug in one go.

[Above the Sea]

While the captain is away cooking, Eadin watches the sea.
    Seems a little worried after the Krackle attack.

She smiles a little when the food arrives.
    "That looks delicious, Captain."
    "Cheers!" She'll sip a little from the mug, not the time to get light-headed.
    Need to stay focused!
    "So how did you came to go look for this treasure? Anything special or contains something you need?"
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Reinholdt recovers soon enough. Heals quickly. He grumbles something incomprehensible at Raril's apology before going to check if there's any shadow dust left or if it dissipated. He intends to scoop a vial of it. That's some incredibly rare reagent material right there.

"Can you tell if it's human blood or something else?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Duel]

So here Correl, Vrivecka and a bunch of hobgoblins arrive to perform a duel.

"So here we are, now take your five minutes so we may begin. Remember that it's only to first blood, surrender or incapacitation so do not continue to attack if the opponent is in either of these states or murder him in one attack. Is that clear? If there is some sort of standstill our friends here will decide a winner." The knight points out the hobgoblins.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Forest

After the oatmeal, Edda doesn't feel too much like eating all the meat offered to her. Her appetite seemed lost, and she couldn't blame it for leaving her. She'd have preferred to be able to vanish from her predicament as well. Even so, she takes a few nibbles at it and even giving Mori a couple pieces in an apology for how she's acted over the past day. "I assume you have more to your duty than just guiding people who've crashed back to cities."

Above The Sea

Blood drains half his new mugful before answering her as he gnaws on a piece of fried fish. "I won a treasure map in a card game against some reputable people, so I figured I'd go and check it out. She said that there were supposed to be some might powerful items with it, but that's just legend." He tells her with a slight smile.

Forest

The Shifterback sneezes at the shadow and gives a small whine at scent of blood in the air before nudging Zee gently, urging her on towards the scent.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Forest

Mori: =D

When the eating is finished, Kell smothers the fire completely, to make sure it doesn't spread, and wraps up whatever of the meat is left over to snack on later.

"I do not exactly understand, but in my life before, I was a nobleman with very little to do besides needlepoint and music. And in my life now, I feel the dance of the bees and hear the singing of the pollen in every step I take. Sometimes the Mother Bee sends one of her daughters to me with a task, as she did when you were lost and needed to be found. The rest of the time, I tend the beehives and play with Mori. I suppose if the Mother Bee wants me to understand more, she'll send enlightenment."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Forest

The Ensign has only one thought on that matter. Bloody hell...he's completely Mad. With no other reply about it though, she chooses to just nod and stay silent, now praying that this crazy person didn't murder her in her sleep or something worse. Looking at her last piece of meat, she suddenly realized that she didn't have an idea of where it came from. Just to be safe, she offers it to Mori instead before getting her supplies packed up again, ready to leave.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Forest and Beyond

It's official. Mori considers Eddy his BFF, second only to his boy! =D

Despite his madness, the barefoot boy (who is wearing gold and jewel anklets that flash out from under the tattered hem of his robes while he walks) leads the party unerringly through the woods. Assuming Eddy is in good physical shape and doesn't need to rest often, they should reach the far side of the forest by dusk, emerging into a more cultivated area, full of farms and pastures that supply the city with food.

"Look. You can see the lights of the city from here. They have powerful wizards who make it glow."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Duel]

So here Correl, Vrivecka and a bunch of hobgoblins arrive to perform a duel.

"So here we are, now take your five minutes so we may begin. Remember that it's only to first blood, surrender or incapacitation so do not continue to attack if the opponent is in either of these states or murder him in one attack. Is that clear? If there is some sort of standstill our friends here will decide a winner." The knight points out the hobgoblins.
    We can do that, but we don't have a lot of experience with this sort of duels, Idala says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #520

[Forest]

"Some kind of enchantment," Raril says as he rises to his feet and discretely pockets the orbs. "Mind control, probably if they usually aren't violent."

Meanwhile!

Zee gets shoved toward the smell!

"What is it, Lassie?" she asks the dog in a totally serious tone. "Did Timmy fall down the well again? We really need to get a cover for that thing."

Right.

Anyway!

She'll follow the dog if he leads on!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

"Ha! Don't worry too hard, this should be obvious one way or the other. Be right back!"

As she says that, her body changes from flesh and chitin to a kind of... gooey substance. She sinks into the ground... and grass begins to die. A circle of dead grass grows, eventually reaching a radius of five feet.

This is not promising...

12. - Top - End - #522

Duel

Correl doesn't seem to be worried, or maybe she just isn't showing it. In either case the knight seem ready. "I don't think the rules were made to include these sort of thing but I'm ready to start whenever you are." The eldarin unsheathe her sword and positions herself in a defensive position.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-23 at 01:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

After a few minutes, the ground will shudder and bulge. Vriveka will come back out, but six feet tall now. Her chitin has grown up over her torso, looking about as strong as full plate. Her abdomen has changed, also. It's wide and flat, with four large yellow pikes on it. Yellow spikes have become a common accessory on her chitin, including two on her arms that are big enough to do serious damage with. After a moment, the acrid stench of ozone should meet Correl's nose.

"Ready. I'll let you make the fist attack!"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-05-23 at 04:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524

Duel

The eldarin looks at the Grig with determination, as the acrid stench reaches her nose it will suddenly be swept away with a gust of wind. The wind then seems to be building up around the knight as she slowly steps towards the Grig, watching her every move.

If she doesn't act or move during all this time Correl will suddenly lash out against her like with her blade.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-23 at 05:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Vriveka does, in fact, wait for Correl to make the first swing. She will block the sword with one of the spikes on her arm, moving very fast and not damaging the spike. Then, a ripple of electricity will course over her, passing between the yellow spines, and she will try to shock Correl through his sword. The electricity is specifically designed to be very painful but not threaten Correl's life at all.

Vriveka has a small smile on her face, and doesn't seem to need to put any effort behind the shock.

16. - Top - End - #526

Duel

As her spike meets the blade, Correl, and the sword, will suddenly disappear in a pink flash of light. The next moment she will be behind her, attempting to make a quick cut in her back.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Clang! It seems that Vriveka's back is well-defended; you would have to get past her abdomen to get at her back proper, and her abdomen has thick armor.

However, the electricity is generated using special muscles in the abdomen and then directed through the yellow spines on the body by a mix of magical and natural means. Vriveka had been ready to release the shock ahead of time (that was what caused the ozone) and Correl just went for the one place where the power would be most easily be discharged into him.

And as a result, Vriveka doesn't have the ability to control how dangerous the shock is.

Vriveka doesn't even have time to react, and can do nothing to stop or dull the discharge.

18. - Top - End - #528

Duel

Only that the sword isn't made of metal, much like the armor the knight wears the blade is actually made of a fairy material. It's similar to metal in many ways but instead of leading heat and electricity it leads fairy magic very well.

This spares the knight from the full force of the discharge but still gives her a good shock, causing her hand to lock even tighter around the blade before managing to pull back.

It might take a moment to recover from that but Correl manages to at least back away as she attempts to catch her breath from that encounter.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

"That was unexpected. Still standing? Wow."

Copi will leap high into the air, do a backflip, try to land behind Correl, smashing onto his shoulders with her elbows. As she is in the air her electricity recharges, but not fast enough for her to release it as she lands.

20. - Top - End - #530

Duel

Even if the knight is still dazed and not able to do much moving, she still seem to be able to do something. As she leaps his blade starts to glow while he channels fairy magic through it.
    As the Grig is about to land a cloud of white fire forms around him, shooting out at Vriveka. This is wisp fire, which a than burning anyone actually is ice-cold and will cause a disorienting effect to anyone it comes in contact with.

If effected the Grig will feel nauseous and feel the world swirl around her, turning it impossible to find her direction.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Vriveka is disoriented a bit here, yes. It's not as effective on her as it would be on someone who hadn't lived a good 90% of her life in the fairy realms, but it is somewhat effective.

She aborts the elbow bash, but a moment after landing she will discharge electricity evenly around her. This is mainly in the hope that Correl will be stunned long enough for the world to stop shifting so much!

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

NOTE: Sorry I've been absent. I'm training someone at work, and when I get home, I just need to veg in front of the teevee, before going off to sleep.

{Melody Island Ferry}

Vincent does 15 then 21 points of damage to Arm 5. It disappears.

Caroline fires a Falming Dart at Arm 2, for 6 more pts damage.

First arm:

Second arm: Casts Heal on itself, regaining the rest of it's HP.

Third arm: Stun slaps at Caroline. Caroline is stunned.

Fourth arm: Stun slaps at Vincent.

Fifth arm:

Sixth arm:

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody Island Ferry}

Vincent gets stunned! Well dang. It was inevitable if they kept using it of course, but you'd think Caroline'd avoid it at least once!

Stupid stun lock. @.@
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #534

[Beyond the Dark Forest]

He had come here because of rumors regarding a Weredeor.

The rumors proved to be quite true. And after a rather pitched battle the insane, murderous monster had been slain! He had explained how to expunge The Hunger caused by the monster's attacks to the villagers and they seemed quite pleased that a few of their prominent members had been cured of the curse.

In all, Freddie thinks it was a well used day!

He's looking human at the moment. In fact, he looks like a more more handsome version of his original human self. The Huldra is clad in the uniform of the Templar, a black coat and cassock along with a wide-brimmed hat. (see sig spoiler for further details!)

The young man holds a lantern in one hand, illuminating the area around him with a soft white glow as he travels the road back toward Inside. His path should take him right along the edge of the Dark Forest.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

25. - Top - End - #535

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fields

Well, there's nothing the severely injured battlemage can really do about the approaching spidermine, except perhaps aim one last weak, spiteful kick at the horrid device as it crawls closer. Other than that he's helpless except to watch... Which perhaps isn't as helpless as it might be for any other creature, considering that whatever he sees, his brother sees as well.

Take for instance the flashbang hurtling towards the second battlemage. Eyes closed and enmeshed in casting, he would normally be taken off guard. But once again his allies save him from being taken unawares, the mental warning giving him just enough time to cancel out of his previous spell and instead tele-jump a few feet away, clapping hands over ears in the process.

Even from that distance he can still see the flash through his eyelids, hear the nervewracking screech of the detonation, but the brunt of the attack is avoided. Having to teleport away did disrupt his casting and prevent him from finishing the second half of the spells he was chaining together though, so he begins again, backing away from the fight and the crazy bomber as he chants the syllables of the second spell once more.
    Fields

Well the spider mine is kicked, but it then jumps on him exploding when it reaches the mage again. Zefir didn't want to stop that since the mage deserved a fast death. He may also notice that Zefir wears sunglass and still heads for the other mage. The teleport did increase their distance, but Zefir still has options. He graps in his bag drawing a gun he had stolen from another person just a few days ago.(He got it even before the AMEN fight start). Still running through the mage he shoots a whole magazin at him. His aiming isn't well and half of the bullets will miss him, but the others are still dangerous for the mage.

As a fact Zefir will reach the mage soon. With the spell casted he seems to be faster, like a revant finding his target.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Duel

Vriveka is disoriented a bit here, yes. It's not as effective on her as it would be on someone who hadn't lived a good 90% of her life in the fairy realms, but it is somewhat effective.

She aborts the elbow bash, but a moment after landing she will discharge electricity evenly around her. This is mainly in the hope that Correl will be stunned long enough for the world to stop shifting so much!
    Duel

The hobgoblins will see that Correl quickly gets out of the cloud which now surrounds Vriveka. The knight still wears that same expression of determination but does look a bit worse to wear.

It's at this point they might see how much of an disadvantage the too large armor really is to her. Stumbling the knight almost falls to the ground before slowly turn around to face the grig once again, taking a moment to recover.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Stupid fairy fire cloud... go away... so blurry.

Vriveka seems to know where Correl is, but obviously can't tell any details. She moves to face him, and takes up a defensive stance, but doesn't make any attacks.

She will, however, charge her electricity. At this point that is her greatest asset: something that she doesn't have to see to use.

28. - Top - End - #538

Fortress Mountain

In that case, Erin triggers a variety of exceedingly lethal deathtraps that are unlikely to pose any threat whatsoever as long as she remains in ghost-form!

First, the vents jet a highly incendiary, quick burning vapor into the room. Said volatile mist quickly detonates in an eye-searing flash of light, instantly raising the room temperature by several hundred degrees and generating enough pressure to simply crush even those invaders entirely immune to fire.

Next, a second set of vents snap open and a substance not unlike dry ice begins to fill the air. Within fifteen or twenty seconds the chamber will not only be back to normal temperature but fast approaching freezing cold.

After that, if Erin is for some reason still hanging around, the airlock will be bathed in various forms of radiation ranging from electromagnetic to non-ionizing microwaves.

Yeah. Erin's just about the only person I can think of who could actually survive that. Lucky her!

Fields

And another battlemage is blown to smithereens!

That leaves just one.

Between Zefir running while firing and the considerable distance to his target, I think it quite likely that a few shots miss entirely. The rounds that do meet their mark also have considerable lack of success, as while the armor the battlemages wear is flimsy, it can at the very least stop a few low caliber bullets fired from long range.

That said, they still hurt like a punch to the gut. The battlemage staggers as two rounds strike one after the other against his stomach and then his chest, snapping him out of his casting trance yet again.

But there is a silver lining. Zefir's moved away from Prometheus.

With a snarl of pain the mage finishes the spell he'd previously prepared, vanishing in a burst of light and re-appearing next to his fallen leader, behind the stands. This puts him both a decent distance away and with cover between him and Zefir. An optimal strategic position for casting.

Zefir might still be able to kill him. But given the conditions I find it unlikely the bomber would be able to do so before Prometheus and the Objects are teleported far out of his reach. Or... If he ran very fast and is very quick about it, Zefir might have time to make a grab for War before it's all snatched away from him.

Gnoll Encampment

Oh, it doesn't even matter whether Korlak's really laughing or not. Not anymore. Between rage, confusion and the precious little blood left in his veins, Kale's view of the world has grown darkened, muddled, only half anchored in reality and the rest overlaid by the products of his own delirious state of mind. Not surprising for someone in such a state that by all accounts he shouldn't be standing, much less still fighting.

As the whip lashes out again Kale raises an arm to cover his face. For the obvious reasons this isn't precisely an effective defense, the whip simply wrapping partway around his arm and striking the side of his face instead, but as bad as it hurts it's better than losing an eye or a nose.

Then the two combatants collide and go tumbling to the ground once more. This time though, Kale has the upper hand. As soon as they land he makes a grab for Korlak, trying to seize the gnoll by the throat and press the combat knife's edge against the jugulars in threat.

"Surrender. Now."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #539

Fields

((I never tried to kill him and never will unless you seek a reason to let him die))

These mages still proove to be a mess and still are much to powerfull for not beeing a PC themself. (Sorry to say that but such strong minions in addition to a strong PC is a bit to strong. I would really wonder who could beat themwhen they work together)

The mage made a wise choice, but he may forgetting something. Zefir immediatly stops and runs back. He can feel where the mage land. Even if he managed to teleport himself he wasn't able to hide the path he went. Zefirs rage rise. Mages allways tried to trick him, but that's even more annoying then all he met befor. His rage nearly drives him mad. His footsteps beginn to burn the grass under him, the wind creates a clear path to his goal, water isfilling up the vial he holds in his hands now.

And the earth? it shakes, right under the mage. The ground shatters due to the unkown force and the splinter aim for the mages face and neck. They are to small to cause massive damage due to the mages armore, but they should cause scrathes and maybe hit into his eye. I would really wonder if the mage could still full concentrate in that case. Zeifrs goal after all is simple. Just one. Nothing more than just one.

His hand with the vial moves to his mouth. he goes to drink from it and a cloud of black mist covers what happens to him now. The cloud is still moving to Prometheus.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-05-28 at 05:48 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #540

Above the sea.

The hydriad will nibble on a piece of fish.
    "Sounds like your basic treasure alright. Still find it weird we were attacked by that... Krackle? Didn't even know they excisted."
    The ship keeps going at a steady pace, they should probably be almost there by now.

[Forest]

Plenty of shadow dust left! There's not a strong wind so Rein has time to collect most of it.
    "Yeah, it's human."
    Magena frowns and starts to make her way to where the scent comes from.
    Raril gains the mind control orbs! Feels nice and warm in his pockets.

Magena looks a bit confused at Zee.
    "Who is Timmy? I didn't know there was a well close by here."

They arrive at the camp and.. yup. Was human alright.
    Bits and pieces of human can be found all over the camp, tents have been destroyed and the fire is still glowing.
    Ew.
    "Looks like the shadow got to them before us."
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar: