New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXX

[Forest]

Reinholdt wrinkles his nose at the sight.
    "Who has the ability to do this kind of thing?" Reinholdt asks Magena.

If these humans did hunt skinwalkers, asking who would want to do this probably wouldn't be very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Grasslands

He chuckles a little. No silly...I'll do it. It's a runic scroll. I doubt you could read it if you tried. Very hard language. Mm...so tired suddenly. Must have been the heat. He snuggles closer to her happily. His long white hair is silky and smooth, Pyrus playfully brushes against her. He liked this....it felt good, right. He felt good around Kestrel.
    Well, Kestrel's in a bit of a fix. For a few quiet minutes she tries very hard to think of something to say, but between thoughts of

mythoughtsaretotallyillegal

and

heisthesweetestbeingihaveevermet

no words come to mind.

Finally, one thought conquers them all. And that is simply that she's tired too. "I could fly us back to the city, if you'd like. It would be wise to get away from the caves, and some rest would do you good."
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody Island Ferry}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent gets stunned! Well dang. It was inevitable if they kept using it of course, but you'd think Caroline'd avoid it at least once!

Stupid stun lock. @.@
    You'd think.

First arm:

Second arm: Slaps at Vincent.

Third arm: Slaps at Caroline. The slap does 5 pts damage. Caroline comes out of the Stun.

Fourth arm: Begins to Shake. The counter says "1".

Fifth arm:

Sixth arm:

There is a 10% chance to wake up from Stun effect, if hit while stunned.

Caroline casts heal on herself. Then uses a Needle on Vincent.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    She'll let her get on and head off in the cool morning air!
    And off they go!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    And off they go!
    They will be walking for quite a while...
    ((I'll post for the Leo girl in an inn.))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

{Melody Island Ferry}

Vincent takes five damage.

He's rather tired of that second arm though. Thankfully Vincent freed him up to attack it twice. Tap tap!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    Antera starts to approach a house on the flats; it looks nice and cool inside.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Well, Kestrel's in a bit of a fix. For a few quiet minutes she tries very hard to think of something to say, but between thoughts of

mythoughtsaretotallyillegal

and

heisthesweetestbeingihaveevermet

no words come to mind.

Finally, one thought conquers them all. And that is simply that she's tired too. "I could fly us back to the city, if you'd like. It would be wise to get away from the caves, and some rest would do you good."
    Pyrus nods. He doesn't really want to move from his spot at the moment though. He cuddles in her lap before slowly responding. "Oh...ok. Sure, I'd love to...I'd rather be back in the Nexus with you then being here."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Pixie in the Playground

[Grasslands]

She looks down at him, and frowns. "Pyrus? Don't- don't do that."

Gently, she tries to disentangle the two of them and scoot away a little. "I can't- I don't-" Why was talking to him so damn hard? "Don't you see? You aren't a dragon! I'll hurt you, She will hurt you, and I don't want that! I need to keep you safe Pyrus, so don't make it difficult for me. You aren't a dragon!"

And that... well, that's the crux of the issue, isn't it? Pyrus isn't a dragon. But no-one's a dragon before...

No, no she couldn't even think along that line. With a face made of stone, she rises, and her voice is now entirely even as she holds out a claw for him to take. "Here, I'll fly us back."
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-05-27 at 05:26 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Above The Sea

"The beasts have been roaming the sea off the coast for a while now. Towards the deeper waters where things with bones and true internal organs get crushed. The Fudgemen are the spawn it creates in order to try and capture living prey to undergo the Confectionation Process."
    Blood says with a shudder. "They get turned into living sugar in order for the Krackle and Fudgemen to be able to better absorb them."

Forest

The Shifterback gives a whimper the sight before laying down and whining in loss. The strong creature looks rather pathetic with his ears fallen and tail limp. The whines get stronger, turning into more whimpers before finally he lets out a long howl of mourning.

Outside the Dark Forest

The Ensign can't help but smile a bit when she sees that the City looks fairly normal. Odd, yes. But normal compared to what Kell had made her expect. She turns to him with the smile and offers him her hand once more. "I...I'm sorry to be a burden on you. Thank you for everything you've done. It means more than you'd believe."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Dark Forest

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Beyond the Dark Forest]

He had come here because of rumors regarding a Weredeor.

The rumors proved to be quite true. And after a rather pitched battle the insane, murderous monster had been slain! He had explained how to expunge The Hunger caused by the monster's attacks to the villagers and they seemed quite pleased that a few of their prominent members had been cured of the curse.

In all, Freddie thinks it was a well used day!

He's looking human at the moment. In fact, he looks like a more more handsome version of his original human self. The Huldra is clad in the uniform of the Templar, a black coat and cassock along with a wide-brimmed hat. (see sig spoiler for further details!)

The young man holds a lantern in one hand, illuminating the area around him with a soft white glow as he travels the road back toward Inside. His path should take him right along the edge of the Dark Forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Outside the Dark Forest

The Ensign can't help but smile a bit when she sees that the City looks fairly normal. Odd, yes. But normal compared to what Kell had made her expect. She turns to him with the smile and offers him her hand once more. "I...I'm sorry to be a burden on you. Thank you for everything you've done. It means more than you'd believe."

Kell doesn't take her hand. "It wouldn't be proper for me to touch you, ma'am," he says apologetically. And then, before it gets any more awkward, he sees someone familiar. "Freddy?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-05-27 at 12:37 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Grasslands

Pyrus is pushed away successfully. He looks rather hurt. "Fine. Sorry. I'm not....I'm not afraid of you. No one should, I'm not afraid of much. Draxxar, he scares me. That's it. You don't scare me. I know you wouldn't hurt me. You can't just! ...Fine..."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Grasslands

Pyrus is pushed away successfully. He looks rather hurt. "Fine. Sorry. I'm not....I'm not afraid of you. No one should, I'm not afraid of much. Draxxar, he scares me. That's it. You don't scare me. I know you wouldn't hurt me. You can't just! ...Fine..."
    Kestrel sighs and moves to lift him. But as she slides her arms around his middle again, she'll give him a playful, light nip on the ear, just to let him know she wasn't truly mad at him. He looked so dejected, she couldn't let him stay that way.

"Maybe when we get back I'll think of something, hmmm?" Strictly speaking, she's already thought of something, but Pyrus was too fragile. It'd never work. "I'm sorry Pyrus, I shouldn't have snapped at you. That was terrible guardianship on my part. Please forgive me?"

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

Grasslands

He giggles a bit at the nip. He's still rather dejected. He juat wanted to lay with Kestrel. In a strictly non-sexual way. He was tired, she was soft. However, he loses his train of thought as he's lifted. "Hehe...alright. I'm up for anything...Kestrel?"

15. - Top - End - #555
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Duel

Stupid fairy fire cloud... go away... so blurry.

Vriveka seems to know where Correl is, but obviously can't tell any details. She moves to face him, and takes up a defensive stance, but doesn't make any attacks.

She will, however, charge her electricity. At this point that is her greatest asset: something that she doesn't have to see to use.
    Duel

Letting herself to recover a moment the knight can see the Griig approaching her. She allows Vriveka to close a bit of the distance between them before suddenly aiming the sword against her and firing off an quick arcane bolt towards the center off her mass from the tip.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

Vriveka gets hit in the gut by the bolt, and obviously is hurt a bit. There is no real wound, but there is a mar on her chitin there (if you're looking closely). Vriveka wasn't expecting Correl to have any kind of range, now she needs to be creative. She leaps forward, low to the ground, spreading her arms and legs. She's trying to touch Correl, administer a shock, and then grab a hold of him if she can. This whole fairy fire thing is really cramping her style...

17. - Top - End - #557

Duel

The knight is quick to react to the Girg's attack and goes to the right and aims a cut at her right wrist, trying to penetrate her armor somehow.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Dwarf in the Playground

Duel

So close... so very close. The blade scrapes along her wrist and arm, leaving a visible mark. Just a little bit deeper and the would have done it.

After landing, Vriveka spins around to face him and freezes completely. After a moment, there is a loud humming. This is followed by visible arcs of electricity moving over her surface, and then she charges again while emitting a large amount of electricity. This whole fight is far too close for her tastes...

That is to say, she was expecting it to be done with her first shock. She severely underestimated Correl.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Forest]

Zee wrinkles her nose in distaste at the... well... mess.

This is pretty darn awful when you get right down to it. These poor people had been slaughtered wholesale.

She'll begin to search carefully to see if she can't find anyone who's still alive. Should she find any survivors she'll try to patch them up and see if they can tell her what happened here.

Information is useful!

[Edge of the Dark Forest]

Well!

This is quite the surprising chance meeting.

"Cole?"
    Fredrick asks, his tone suggesting that he's quite surprised to find the boy and his dog out here so near the wilderness. Though... going on what the lad said last before departing Freddie's company it isn't that much of a surprise.

And clearly Fredrick doesn't know about the whole Cole/Kell bit. Though it's hard to fault him for that.

"I'm glad to see that you're well. And you've found..."
    he eyes the space-opra lady for a few moments. "A friend?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody Island Ferry}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent takes five damage.

He's rather tired of that second arm though. Thankfully Vincent freed him up to attack it twice. Tap tap!
    Who freed him up?

Well, the first attack hits for 5 damage. The second attack misses.

First arm:

Third arm: Doesn't seem to do anything.

Fourth arm: Begins to Shake. The counter says "2".

Fifth arm:

Sixth arm:

Caroline casts heal on Vincent. Then fires a flaming dart at Arm 4. Arm 3 protects Arm 4, taking 8 damage.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #561

(My first Nexus post! ^_^)

{Forest}

A brilliant streak of light cascades through the sky, connecting with the ground in the centre of the dark forest. An armoured, hooded creature, lying in a fetal position, sits in a large crater created by the blast.

The figure, pulls his hood down, revealing an ashen face and blood-red eyes. He slowly rises to his feet, retrieves a serrated longsword from the ground, and surveys his surroundings.

Hey says, "Where am I?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

22. - Top - End - #562

[Forest of Fancy Brackets]

Usually asking questions like 'where am I?' are best done in relatively populated areas. As opposed to heaven knows where out in the middle of nowhere. Unless of course the newcomer was expecting a reply from the trees.

Was he expecting a reply from the trees?

Hopefully not.

That would mean he's crazy!

Or possibly a druid.

But everyone knows that druids are crazy regardless so that really doesn't count.

The only reply the newcomer gets is the sound of a small forest bird scolding him for coming too near her nest.

23. - Top - End - #563

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Usually asking questions like 'where am I?' are best done in relatively populated areas. As opposed to heaven knows where out in the middle of nowhere. Unless of course the newcomer was expecting a reply from the trees.

Was he expecting a reply from the trees?

Hopefully not.

That would mean he's crazy!

Or possibly a druid.

But everyone knows that druids are crazy regardless so that really doesn't count.

The only reply the newcomer gets is the sound of a small forest bird scolding him for coming too near her nest.
    Well as far as he's concerned he was in one place, now he's randomly in another. It was kind of an automated response
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

24. - Top - End - #564

Forest

"You're in the Nexus mate, though I must say I don't much care for your method of arrival." This informative little snippet comes, of all sources, from a very shaken looking badger peering out at the crash-landed stranger from behind a large boulder it apparently used as shelter from the meteoric blast.

"Scared me half to death, and prolly would have crushed me the rest of the way if'n you were a few feet closer." The talking animal gripes, adjusting the oversized bowler it wears. Well, oversized for a badger at least. It would be a perfectly normal bowler for any human.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #565

It's an understandable reaction.

Though something of an empty one out here in the middle of nowhere. The chances of someone just randomly walking past right as he dropped out of the sky are pretty darn slim after all.

And randomly ending up in the Nexus is one of those things that happens with disturbing regularity. The place has this weird habit of grabbing people. And it would seem this poor fellow got grabbed something fierce. Too bad he can't read narration, otherwise this would probably be useful information.

That bird is still squawking at him.

It's really irritating.

"Awk! Now you're talking to it!" the thrush shrieks at the badger. "You know how bad talking to newcomers is! They always go all crazy and start saying obvious things like, 'oh gods you can talk!'"

She hops about on a near-by branch in an irritable fashion.

26. - Top - End - #566

The angel looks at the badger.

"My name is Mathias, Angel of Vengeance...at least I was. I'm not sure what I am any more...."

He then sits in the grass next to the badger.

"Nexus.....I know this place. I last came here not long ago....though by your mortal standards, it may well have been a thousand years. Can you point me in the direction of the nearest city? I have a mission to accomplish.
    Last edited by Sahaar; 2012-05-27 at 08:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #567

Forest of Invisible Brackets

"Eh, just ignore her. Most of the animals in this neck of the woods ain't too bright, except for your's truly of course." The badger advises his new friend, waving dismissively at the annoyingly vocal avian. "As for how to get to the city, truth be told I don't know meself. You might say I'm as lost as you are, friend. These nitwits- Another wave towards the bird. -ain't much for straight answers neither, so good luck getting them to tell you." He shrugs, chewing on a blade of grass idly. "'m Badger by the way, tho' I guess that's obvious enough just from looking at me. Good to meet you Mathias."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #568

Oh!

Hey!

The weird new person isn't freaking out! And the badger is being a jerk!

"Closest city is called Inside! Over yonder," the bird points with one wing. "Little to the east of Mount Improbable. You can't miss it. Have a cousin who lives there. Nice guy, but he's into pigeons. We don't speak much."

It is quite possible that the bird decided to be helpful just to spite the burrowing mammal.

Seriously though.

Can't miss it.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody Island Ferry}

Who freed him up?

Well, the first attack hits for 5 damage. The second attack misses.

First arm:

Third arm: Doesn't seem to do anything.

Fourth arm: Begins to Shake. The counter says "2".

Fifth arm:

Sixth arm:

Caroline casts heal on Vincent. Then fires a flaming dart at Arm 4. Arm 3 protects Arm 4, taking 8 damage.
    {Melody Island Ferry}

I meant Caroline freed him up. >>

Vincent gets hit but is healed rather nicely after, plus some.

Vincent attacks arm 3 twice now, since it seems to be protecting 4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #570

[Forest]

Mathias nods at the bird and the badger.

"Thank you. I shall set out immediately."

Mathias begins to walk off but trips and falls over a branch.

Ouch! I appear to have sprained my ankle when I fell...

He then flips off the sky.
    Last edited by Sahaar; 2012-05-28 at 06:46 AM.